Consulting Business Plan Template
Written by Dave Lavinsky
Over the past 20+ years, we have helped over 10,000 entrepreneurs and business owners create business plans to start and grow their consulting businesses. On this page, we will first give you some background information with regards to the importance of business planning. We will then go through a consulting business plan template step-by-step so you can create your plan today. It can be used to create a business consulting business plan, a management consulting business plan or any other type of consultancy business plan.
Download our Consulting Business Plan Template here
What Is a Consulting Firm Business Plan?
A business plan provides a snapshot of your consulting firm as it stands today, and lays out your growth plan for the next five years. It explains your business goals and your strategy for reaching them. It also includes market research to support your plans.
Why You Need a Consulting Firm Business Plan
Source of Funding for Consulting Firms
With regards to funding, the main sources of capital raising for a consulting business are personal savings, credit cards, bank loans and angel investors. With regards to bank loans, banks will want to review your business plan and gain confidence that you will be able to repay your loan and interest. To acquire this confidence, the loan officer will not only want to confirm that your financials are reasonable. But they will want to see a professional plan. Such a plan will give them the confidence that you can successfully and professionally operate a business.
The second most common form of funding for a consulting business is angel investors. Angel investors are wealthy individuals who will write you a check. They will either take equity in return for their funding, or, like a bank, they will give you a loan.
Sample Consulting Business Plan Template
Your business plan should include 10 sections as follows:
The goal of your Executive Summary is to quickly engage the reader. Explain to them the type of consulting business you are operating and the status; for example, are you a starting a consulting firm, or do you have a consulting business that you would like to grow?
Next, provide an overview of each of the subsequent sections of your plan. For example, give a brief overview of the consulting industry. Discuss the type of consulting business you are operating. Detail your direct competitors. Give an overview of your target market. Provide a snapshot of your marketing plan. Identify the key members of your team. And offer an overview of your financial plan.
In your company analysis, you will detail the type of consulting business you are operating.
For example, you might operate one of the following types:
- IT Consulting : this type of consulting business designs custom software, plans for IT system infrastructure, and/or manages computer systems and data processing facilities.
- Management Consulting : this type of consulting business provides advice to businesses, nonprofits, and agencies in various areas such as corporate strategy, marketing, organizational design, etc.
- Environmental Consulting : this type of consulting business provides advice on environmental issues such as pollution, hazardous materials, etc.
- Human Resources Consulting : this type of consulting business provides advice for structuring HR and personnel policies, employee benefits, compensation, recruitment, and retention
- Other Business Consulting : there is nearly a limitless number of areas in which people need and will pay for consulting services
In addition to explaining the type of consulting business you operate, the Company Analysis section of your business plan needs to provide background on the business.
Include answers to questions such as:
- When and why did you start the business?
- What milestones have you achieved to date? Milestones could include sales objectives, sales goals you’ve reached, new office openings, new products, etc.
- Your legal structure. Are you incorporated as an S-Corp? An LLC? A sole proprietorship? Explain your legal structure here.
While this may seem unnecessary, it serves multiple purposes.
First, researching the consulting industry educates you. It helps you understand the market in which you are operating.
Secondly, market research can improve your strategy particularly if your research identifies market trends.
The third reason for market research is to prove to readers that you are an expert in your industry. By conducting the research and presenting it in your plan, you achieve just that.
The following questions should be answered in the industry analysis section of your consulting business plan:
- How big is the consulting business (in dollars)?
- How big is your niche (e.g., management consulting) within the consulting business (in dollars)?
- Is the market declining or increasing?
- Who are the key competitors in the market?
- Who are the key suppliers in the market?
- What trends are affecting the industry?
- What is the industry’s growth forecast over the next 5 – 10 years?
- What is the relevant market size? That is, how big is the potential market for your consulting firm? You can extrapolate such a figure by assessing the size of the market in the entire country and then applying that figure to your local population.
The customer analysis section of your consulting business plan must detail the clients you serve and/or expect to serve.
The following are examples of customer segments: Corporations, Federal Government, Nonprofits, Consumers, etc.
As you can imagine, the customer segment(s) you choose will have a great impact on the type of consulting business you operate. Clearly, nonprofit organizations would want different pricing and service options and would respond to different marketing promotions than the federal government.
Try to break out your target customers in terms of their demographic and psychographic profiles. With regards to demographics, include a discussion of the business sizes and types, or consumer ages, genders, locations, and income levels of the clients you seek to serve.
Psychographic profiles explain the wants and needs of your target audience. The more you can understand and define these needs, the better you will do in attracting and retaining your clients.
Direct competitors are other consultants and consulting firms.
Indirect competitors are other options that customers have to purchase from that aren’t direct competitors. This includes doing it themselves and in-house expertise among others. You need to mention such competition to show you understand that not every company or consumer engages a consultant.
With regards to direct competition, you want to detail the other consulting businesses with which you compete.
For each such competitor, provide an overview of their businesses and document their strengths and weaknesses. Unless you once worked at your competitors’ businesses, it will be impossible to know everything about them. But you should be able to find out key things about them such as:
- What types of customers do they serve?
- What services do they offer?
- What is their pricing (premium, low, etc.)?
- What are they good at?
- What are their weaknesses?
The final part of your competitive analysis section is to document your areas of competitive advantage. For example:
- Will you provide superior services?
- Will you provide services that your competitors don’t offer?
- Will you make it easier or faster for customers to engage your services?
- Will you offer better pricing?
Think about ways you will outperform your competition and document them in this section of your plan.
Product : in the product section you should reiterate the type of consulting business that you documented in your Company Analysis. Then, detail the specific consulting services you will be offering. For example, in addition to IT infrastructure consulting, will you also offer an IT Security component?
Price : Document the prices you will offer and how they compare to your competitors. Essentially in the product and price sub-sections of your marketing plan, you are presenting the consulting services you offer and their prices.
Place : Place refers to the location of your consulting business. Document your location and mention how the location might impact your consulting success. For example, maybe your consulting business is located in an office complex with lots of potential clients.
Promotions : the final part of your consultant marketing plan is the promotions section. Here you will document how you will drive customers to your location(s). The following are some promotional methods you might consider as a consultant:
- Pay-per-click keyword advertising
- Providing seminars or keynote presentations
- Advertising in local papers and magazines
- Reaching out to local bloggers and websites
- Social media advertising
- Local radio advertising
While the earlier sections of your business plan explained your goals, your operations plan describes how you will meet them. Your operations plan should have two distinct sections as follows.
Everyday short-term processes include all of the tasks involved in running your consulting business such as serving clients, prospecting new clients, procuring supplies, keeping the office clean, etc.
Long-term goals are the milestones you hope to achieve. These could include the dates when you expect to serve your 100th client, or when you hope to reach $X in sales. It could also be when you expect to hire your Xth employee or open a new location.
Ideally, you and/or your team members have direct experience in the consulting business. If so, highlight this experience and expertise. But also highlight any experience that you think will help your business succeed.
If your team is lacking, consider assembling an advisory board. An advisory board would include 2 to 8 individuals who would act like mentors to your business. They would help answer questions and provide strategic guidance. If needed, look for advisory board members with experience in consulting businesses and/or successfully running small businesses.
An income statement is more commonly called a Profit and Loss statement or P&L. It shows your revenues and then subtracts your costs to show whether you turned a profit or not.
In developing your income statement, you need to devise assumptions. For example, will you serve 5 clients per month or 25? And will sales grow by 2% or 10% per year? As you can imagine, your choice of assumptions will greatly impact the financial forecasts for your business. As much as possible, conduct research to try to root your assumptions in reality.
While balance sheets include much information, to simplify them to the key items you need to know about, balance sheets show your assets and liabilities. For instance, if you spend $100,000 on building out your consulting business, that will not give you immediate profits. Rather it is an asset that will hopefully help you generate profits for years to come. Likewise, if a bank writes you a check for $100.000, you don’t need to pay it back immediately. Rather, that is a liability you will pay back over time.
Cash Flow Statement
Your cash flow statement will help determine how much money you need to start or grow your business and make sure you never run out of money. What most entrepreneurs and business owners don’t realize is that you can turn a profit but run out of money and go bankrupt.
In developing your Income Statement and Balance Sheets be sure to include several of the key costs needed in starting or growing a consulting business:
- Location build-out including design fees, construction, etc.
- Cost of maintaining an infrastructure (i.e. data warehouse, database subscriptions, etc.)
- Payroll or salaries paid to staff
- Business insurance
- Taxes and permits
- Legal expenses
- Other expenses
Attach your full financial projections in the appendix of your plan along with any supporting documents that make your consulting business plan more compelling. For example, you might include your office design blueprint or location lease.
Putting together a business plan for your consulting firm is a worthwhile endeavor. If you follow the template above, by the time you are done, you will truly be an expert. You will really understand the consulting business, your competition, and your prospective clients. You will have developed a marketing plan and will really understand what it takes to launch and grow a successful consulting business.
Finish Your Consulting Business Plan in 1 Day!
Don’t you wish there was a faster, easier way to finish your consulting business plan?
With Growthink’s Ultimate Business Plan Template you can finish your plan in just 8 hours or less!
OR, Let Us Develop Your Plan For You
Since 1999, Growthink has developed consulting business plans for thousands of companies that have gone on to achieve tremendous success.
Click here to see how Growthink’s business plan consulting services can create your business plan for you.
Consulting Business Plan FAQs
What is the easiest way to complete my consulting business plan.
Growthink's Ultimate Consulting Business Plan Template allows you to quickly and easily complete your Consulting Business Plan.
How Do I Download a Free Consulting Business Plan PDF?
You can download our consulting business plan PDF template here . This is a business plan template you can use in PDF format.
Other Helpful Business Plan Articles & Templates
Write the Ultimate consulting business plan in 10 steps [2022 Edition]
Are you eager to launch your consultant business?
Are you contemplating how to begin?
Are you lost and are thinking about how to write an effective business strategy for your consultancy company?
If so, I’d like to inform you that my situation was similar to yours a few years ago. I was not sure the best strategy to take. I tried in-person conferences, social media, podcasting, and other tools. However, I wasn’t able to achieve the results I expected in the end. My efforts weren’t moving in the proper direction.
After a while, I realized that missing hyperlink. I realized that before launching an enterprise, a solid plan was necessary. I wrote down my strategies and plans. The guide is in-depth that I used, and I am taking the same steps.
Are you interested to find out what my business plan was about? How did I create an successful business consulting plan? How did I make the most of my experiences?
This morning, I’m thrilled to share my business consulting plan.
Do you recognize the major distinction between successful and people who fail?
The most successful people are those who do things that they don’t would like to do because they are looking for the benefits they get from doing those things.
You can read How to Create an Consulting Business in order to learn guidelines to begin your own consulting business.
Consider taking a month, or an entire day away from your routine and relax. Inhale it all. Then, think about a plan of action. At first, it might not be a good idea. However, once you’ve done it, you will see amazing results. The efficiency and productivity of your business will be able to show huge growth.
Let me tell you a brief tale-
A monk was scaling a mountain, and he was looking to contemplate at the summit. On his way to the top of the mountain, he saw the man was cutting down the branches of a tree. In a short time, the monk paused. He began to watch the man for a while before moving on.
After four hours, he set off back to the bottom of the mountain. While he was on the way to the top, he encountered the same person again. But he was still cutting. The monk was astonished. He put the man’s shoulder and said:
“Excuse me, sir? What if you took time to make you Axe?”
The man responded that he had not enough time for it. He also said that he needed to cut off the tree. He didn’t want time sharpening the Axe.
What does this story tell?
It is important to plan your time properly and can speed up your development.
I’m not going to get too deep into a philosophical discussion. Let me share the things I have done.
Making a business plan for consulting template can be a difficult job for those who don’t have a background in business. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you with this. I’ll assist you in creating an effective business plan for consulting.
Before I get started, I’ll clarify what a business plan is and why it is vital.
Consultant business plans are extensive document that outlines what you’re planning to accomplish according to your mission and vision. It outlines the methods to employ to meet the goals you have set. It’s a blueprint that provides you with a road map that must be followed in order to accomplish your business consulting goals.
Why is it so important?
When you start your own consulting company for yourself or as an organization, it is crucial to create a consulting plan outline. At first, you can write an easy business plan with the help of professional business plan writers.
Let’s say that you are a life coach A life-consulting business plan created by you will allow you to identify the most important factors that ensure your consulting business is successful.
It will be professional and will give you a path to achieve your goals as a consultant.
The plan that I’m going to provide is a straightforward consulting business plan to help you in creating the business strategy of your choice. The plan is not intended to solicit money from banks or investors. Investor financing will require extensive financial information regarding your business.
So, let’s get started. The most important aspects of a consulting business plan are the following elements:
Whatever you have in mind for your business must be explained within this segment. Do you need to answer a few questions here to start your consulting business plan. Why you’re starting your consulting business?
What are your goals for your consulting company? Are you looking to change the consulting business? What will you do differently from the rest?
It is imperative to write about the above in order to demonstrate your business shrewdness. This will help you determine the best way towards achieving your goals and keep you focused.
It is a source of energy and motivates to bring about change. vision is a visual representation of your vision or idea that you wish to realize by establishing your business.
When you’ve outlined your business’s vision, you’ll create a mission statement that will define your company. The mission is the purpose of your venture, and it is essential for the business plan you are consulting.
Mission plays an important role in that this word with seven letters determines our professional and personal life.
When you are in this area, you’ll need to know your goals and be prepared to answer the questions below.
What changes do you wish to make in order to attract people?
What are you looking to do to help others by implementing your consultancy program?
Who will profit through your programs?
Are you driven to create transformation through your venture?
Consider these questions and attempt to answer them. Then, you’ll be able to visualize your goal.
In this section, to ensure that potential customers are aware of your business. It is crucial to highlight your business’s niche, services and products in your consultation business plan.
Set your Niche
In this section, you must select the area of your consulting business. The consulting industry will provide an accurate image of your company. It will assist you in determining your product and service too.
Beginning with life-consulting and health consultation to executive consulting and career counseling. The list of possibilities is endless. Find out what you are passionate about and then start.
If you’re still unsure and unable to identify your niche, read this post, the ultimate guide to Finding Your Niche in Consulting, and you’ll find your niche very soon.
Create your Services
For instance, let’s say that some clients need detailed plans whereas others just want advice. To be able to attract more clients, you must provide at least two different levels of services.
Many consultants offer different consulting sessions, such as one time in a week, twice, or even thrice during the week. Customers can choose the consultation sessions based on their needs.
Set your Billing methods
Are people able to pay via electronic payment? What happens if you pay by check? How long do they have to pay before they can be offered? You must define how the payments will be handled in your business plan for consulting.
Create your site
I didn’t design an elaborate website. I simply highlighted the ways I can assist my customers. Be sure to add your licenses and certifications. Testimonials are like putting an extra cherry on the cake. It can affect people significantly. Get a web developer on board too. Do you want visitors to reach you directly via your website? If so, the correct address is essential.
Next, you must conduct thorough research about the intended audience. This is a crucial aspect to consider in the development of any consulting business strategy . There is no need to consult with everyone. Take a few minutes to survey your clients and determine who requires your consultation sessions.
What can you do about this?
The first step is to ask questions such as:
Are you in a business field that is suited to students in college who are looking for an employment opportunity?
Does it apply to business leaders who wish to increase their revenue?
Are they only for women who want to work at home?
I found my ideal client by answering these questions. This allowed me to develop marketing strategies in a more efficient way. I was able to direct my message to a particular segment of people. In addition, I was able to create specific courses and workshops.
What techniques are effective?
What will people think of you?
Are you able to make the sales/marketing on your own?
Do you wish to nominate an individual to do it?
What sales strategy will you use? What is the best way to show to your team of salespeople?
How do you create a successful marketing strategy?
These are the main aspects that I recommend that you follow on a regular basis.
Once you have identified your ideal clients, you can try to find them using your marketing and sales strategies. To do this, you have to create offline as well as internet-based advertising strategies within your business consulting plan.
How do you plan to get your message out to clients?
When I first started my own business, I reached my prospective clients with intro letters, flyers, and brochures. It was mostly done to raise awareness about the company.
I’m sure that finding the first customer is one of the most difficult jobs. Utilize both professional and personal networks to assist. For instance, you could offer the possibility of free 15 or 30 minutes consultation sessions . This will encourage others to test using your services for consulting.
I was able to see how important it is to make connections. So, I planned an event. The invitation was sent out to everyone who was close or friends, as well as anyone I could possibly target. At the time of the event, guests interaction was conducted. I spoke about my company and my services.
It was crucial that I participate in different seminars and exhibitions. In this way, I could get my company into the spotlight. I could also establish relationships with other participants.
The next step was to promote the business in public areas. So, I placed details about the business in cafes, libraries and the like.
For my online audience, I made use of various social media tools, such for example Facebook as well as Twitter. Utilizing Google Ads is also an excellent marketing tool.
In order to rank higher on search engines, I designed my site to be search engine-optimized.
At some point, I began writing articles for well-known newspapers and magazines. Start a blog or compose articles to other websites and publications with tips that will assist you in getting exposure and building credibility.
Finally, I utilized the referral tool that made it easier to grow my business.
I set up an online forum for clients. The group was regularly updated. The members were given an invitation to join the groups with other members. This helped me eventually grow my business.
But, during this entire process, remember who you’re serving:
At times, for instance, one-on-one sessions areas if I am carrying a weight upon my shoulder. I have to commit a lot of time.
I have often encountered executives that wanted to get away from technology. Therefore, for these people, the online applications did not perform. I employed some storytelling techniques.
However, people grieving didn’t enjoy lengthy talks. Therefore, I made simple and short online programs.
Based on the clientele, The marketing strategy is developed to help you in attracting your customers and expand your operations.
There is a common string that is suitable for both online and offline marketing, and that’s “Consulting Certification’. First of all, it isn’t mandatory, but it could assist you in improving your company.
So, I included this in my business plan for online consulting.
It helped increase both credibility and the ability to sell. I had the chance to discover new skills. Beyond that, I could also be charging more.
You must have experience and expertise in the field you’d like to work as a consultant in. This is based on personal experience. However, you should consider additional training to improve your expertise.
If you’re looking for more tips on marketing, study How to advertise my consulting business to increase the size of my business.
You must be aware of your competition as this will provide clarity on the degree of competition.
It is important to think about the best way to make your business apart from the competition.
What are the things you can offer that others aren’t able to provide?
The expert suggested me study competitors to get information. Furthermore, he said, spend time researching what they offer?
How much do the webmasters charge?
Which are the strengths of HTML0?
I looked into the way my competitors market themselves. But I wasn’t going to be the same.
It was my turn to determine what I could offer superior to others.
I was aware that career consulting was something I was able to excel at. I began to brainstorm ways to distinguish myself from my competitors. Next, I implemented consultation calls and developed a sales strategy.
What can I do to enhance the meaning of it? How can I differentiate? Therefore, I needed to choose what was my distinctive selling feature (USP).
7. Organization Planning
What is the structure for managing your company?
Consulting business plans involve the definition of the organizational structure. This is followed by roles and roles.
It started out with just a handful of people. However, over time, it became massive. Luckily, I had designed the structure prior to. The process became easier.
My assistant consultant was hired. At this point, my client base increased by a third. I was able to earn passive income by hiring them. I fixed a percentage of the fees for myself. This is the way to expand your business. In this section, you will need to answer questions such as:
Do you require ambassadors to help promote your consulting company?
Do you have employees or partners?
How many people do would you like to employ? Who will be able to assist you in running your company?
What type of business consulting do you wish to establish? I have had a number of individuals who assisted me in expanding my business. With a proper plan, I was able to achieve more impressive results. According to my experiences, a business plan assists in hiring the right type of employees at the appropriate date.
8. Material and equipment requirement
When I set out to promote my business, I outlined the types of equipment needed to begin my business plan for consulting.
I knew that video conferencing was going to be a part of my job. Therefore I downloaded the necessary software and then purchased a top-quality headset.
Some consultants record conversations and distribute them to clients to go over the call. Do you not think this helps in gaining clients over time?
To do this, I purchased an audio recorder. It records audio and video calls, as well as allow clients to access the recordings.
4 Truths about the Building of a Consulting Business will provide you with an insight into the most difficult aspect of consulting business.
The next step is your budgeting plan. Without funds, a company can’t grow, and a consultancy business plan is not complete without this.
I came across several consultants who were charging a low cost when they started a new business. They felt their experiences were not as good. So, they charged less. Are you sure that this is a good thing? They might receive more work, but they are unpaid. Do you enjoy working for a client when you’re paid less?
The experience taught me to structure the structure of my fees. I was able to confidently request the price based on my worth. I was trying to stay clear of clients who enjoy bargaining.
Then, you must sketch out your financial plan.
You must include the following items in the model:
Cost of starting Do you require to lease office space? What is the price of the lease? Do you require a computer or internet connection?
Projections of the financials What do is required to be included in the profit and loss statement?
Investment via investors Do you need an investment to fund your company?
Find out if your target audience is able to afford your price? What is the average amount that your target audience makes each year?
In the beginning, I advised a handful of college students. Also, there were young professionals. I made the wrong choice. Why? It’s because neither of these groups would be able to pay for me my present consultant fees .
I realized that I was off. So, I immediately re-defined my target audience. I targeted executives as well as salespeople and CEOs who were able to afford my prices.
This is the thing I think about when I plan my financial budget. I set my rates in line with the audience I want to reach.
Find out how to sell high-end consulting packages to attract high-end customers.
It is important to establish timelines for your company. Business planning must be executed according to these timeframes and monitored periodically.
I drew five distinct timelines for my consulting business plan, and they’re like this:
Create your annual plan. I make sure to devote time and focus to my annual goals. For instance, where will I see my company within the next year?
My annual plan is comprised of both my business and personal planning and planning my life. It is because everything is interconnected at different levels.
This is a process of regular check-ups. I mark all my meetings in my calendar for the year ahead.
I strive to make these dates an absolute priority. I do not let anything interfere in the way of my plans and am prepared with solutions for any challenge.
I used to be at the beginning and the close of every month for about an hour. This included checking the most important projects for the coming days.
I used to conduct weekly plans on Friday afternoons due to the fact that I was lazy on weekends. The week ahead, I jotted down my priority items.
There were questions that I asked, such as “How to allocate time to meet my weekly commitments?”
This eventually became my routine. In the past, prior to leaving for work each day, I would review my prioritization for the following day. I set aside 10 minutes to keep track of my progress each day.
If I’d achieved anything, I’d be proud of it.
Consider what you could consider being proud of? Take note of the things you accomplished. It inspired me to do my best on the following day.
In the end, after all the preparations and accomplishments in your life, you’ll find yourself feeling like you’re behind others. There will be self-doubts, and doubt your abilities. It is time to work on your internal growth.
You must develop the abilities in order to grow your business. A skilled consultant doesn’t necessarily guarantee great success as a consultant. Therefore, despite having high value for my business, it often fell flat. It was depressing. Then I began to think about the following questions:
Which is my weak point in the business of consulting?
One expert asked me about the process I am using in improving my skills as a consultant. How do I know if I’m engaging the right people? Do I have plans for the kinds of events I’d like to accomplish? If not, why not? How can it be implemented?
It was at this point that I realized that in order to build my business, I needed to improve on my weaknesses as well. It took self-control.
What do you do when your excitement about starting a consultancy business fades? If you don’t meet your objectives. Imagine if a bunch of ants stopped creating anthills. Are they capable of forming a colony? No. Therefore I decided to focus on my plan consistently.
The moral of the tale:
You can get a consultation business plan that is less complicated. I didn’t include too many services and products. There’s no need to include 47 different methods to market your company.
That’s all there is to it.
What do you think? What’s your plan for the business?
Do you think it is focused or complex?
Find out if you can find the most important aspects of your plan and arrange. If you can do this correctly, then you’re on the right path.
2 thoughts on “Write the Ultimate consulting business plan in 10 steps [2022 Edition]”
This article was very simple and easy to follow. Extremely helpful. Just starting out so needed this kinda help.
Hi J Dawn, I’m glad you got great value from this piece. And since you are just starting out, the webinar would be extremely helpful to you so do register
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Subscribe to Our Blog
Stay up to date with the latest marketing, sales, and service tips.
5 Ways a Business Development Consultant Helps You Grow Your Business
Alejandra Zilak | May 26, 2021 | Business Development | 6 min read
- 1. What Is a Business Development Consultant?
- 2. When You Need to Hire One
- 3. How They Help Drive Revenue
- 4. How to Hire a Consultant
5 Ways Business Development Consultants Help Grow Businesses
- 1. Create Awareness of Your Brand.
- 2. Engage Visitors and Leads.
- 3. Nurture Relationships.
- 4. Personalize Each Touchpoint.
- 5. Analyze Relevant Data.
What brought you into the world of sales?
For many people, the answer comes down to passion. They found something they love to do and decided to dedicate their lives to doing it. Or maybe you were just tired of your previous career and wanted a change. Whatever the reason, at some point, all sales professionals face the same challenge — trying to figure out how to increase profits.
Hiring a business development consultant can eliminate a lot of the guesswork and help you invest money and resources more efficiently. But, what exactly, does the position entail? How do you know if it’s time to get one? And how can you make sure you’re hiring the right person for your business needs?
What Is a Business Development Consultant?
A business development consultant will take a detailed look at your company’s operations to identify its strengths and weaknesses. Their main goal is to find opportunities for growth.They can help you develop a viable business strategy and advise you on how to proceed with marketing campaigns and sales initiatives.
What a Business Development Consultant Does
The role of a business development consultant will vary depending on your industry, whether you’re B2B or B2C, and on your company’s specific goals. Generally, their duties include:
- Creating a buyer persona
- Narrowing down your target market’s demographics
- Creating awareness about your products or services
- Helping you generate leads
- Advising you on how to nurture relationships with leads and customers
- Identifying resources that will make the user experience better for your target market
- Studying what’s going on in the market — trends, competition, and/or possible niches
- Analyzing data to determine where your marketing efforts need to be improved
- Helping you close deals
- Following up with clients to ensure they’re happy with their service — and that they come back for more
A good business development consultant will design a narrowly tailored strategy to help you overcome the challenges your business is facing. And if your company is already successful, they can help you identify additional growth opportunities. In other words, they show you the money .
When Do You Need a Business Development Consultant?
While it’s common for a business to barely break even during its early stages, you want to make sure you’re doing everything within your control to bring in revenue. Or maybe you have a business that’s been successful in the past, but new technologies and the way consumers do business have evolved while your business model has remained outdated. Signs that you would benefit from hiring a business development consultant include:
You Have an Unhealthy Sales Pipeline.
Your sales pipeline refers to where in the sales process a lead or prospect is currently located. The reason why this is important is that your approach when communicating with that prospect will depend on where they are in their buyer’s journey . If you don’t have enough people in the pipeline to begin with, you will never hit your marketing goals.
You Are Attracting Low Quality Leads.
Speaking of marketing goals, you want to focus your efforts on high quality leads. This is one of the biggest challenges businesses face.
For your efforts to stand a chance, you need to create awareness of your goods or services to people who are ready, willing, and able to open their wallets. A good business development consultant will help you identify the right leads , determine the best way to connect with them, and be proactive about closing that sale.
Your Processes Are Outdated.
Once upon a time, door-to-door salesmen could sell vacuum cleaners. Would that approach work for you today?
You could have the crème de la crème of sales people, but if your marketing efforts are reminiscent of rotary phones and ordering by catalogue, you will always fall short. A good business development consultant will know which cutting-edge processes work best for your specific industry and help you implement them.
Your Marketing and Sales Teams Aren’t Aligned.
A marketing strategy has to be cohesive. Team members need to be communicating with each other so that they can act in concert.
Everyone has to have the same buyer persona in mind, keep consistent messaging, and follow up with each other as a lead moves through the sales funnel . This can be achieved by regular team meetings and by using an effective customer relationship management (CRM) system. A business development consultant can walk you through the process of how to maximize these tools.
Your Sales Team Is Underperforming.
If your sales team is consistently underperforming, maybe the problem is that they’re either poorly trained or are using old sales tactics that are obsolete today. While it’s important to hire the right people, it’s also crucial to provide them with effective sales tools .
A business development consultant can provide one-on-one training designed to leverage technology for your type of business and your specific goals.
You Are Not Tracking Key Performance Indicators.
In order to know where you’re going, you need to know where you’re standing right now. And the only way to do that is by measuring key performance indicators — such as traffic to your website, the sources of traffic, engagement data, lead conversion rates, and sales, to name a few.
These analytics show you how and where you’re underperforming, so that you can invest your time and energy in improving them.
5 Ways Business Development Consultants Accelerate Revenue
A business development consultant will accelerate your company’s revenue by providing you with a marketing and sales plan that is specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. They do so by:
1. Creating Awareness of Your Brand
You can provide the best services or products in your industry, but if your target market isn’t aware of them, nobody’s going to buy them. A business development consultant will ensure that your marketing efforts end up in front of the right people — those who have a pain point you can solve.
2. Engaging Visitors and Leads
Engaging with visitors and leads shows them you are listening to them — you know what ails them and you’re proactively moving the needle to make things better for them.
Engaging also helps you establish relationships with prospects. But you want to make sure you’re fostering the right kind of relationship — one that’s not salesy, annoying, or tone deaf. A business development consultant will provide you with a plan to do this effectively.
3. Nurturing Relationships
Sometimes, a person isn’t ready yet to buy your product. But they’re interested in what you have to offer and are educating themselves for future reference.
Nurturing your relationship with them can include providing them with relevant information, useful free content, and timely follow-ups. But who has the time to come up with all of this when you have a business to run? A business development consultant, that’s who.
4. Personalizing Touchpoints
A one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t exist in marketing or sales. Not only do you need to customize your campaigns to your buyer persona, you also need to communicate with contacts within the context of their buyer's journey.
Are they a visitor researching their options? A qualified lead? An existing customer? A business development consultant will help you personalize each communication and exceed the recipient’s expectations.
5. Analyzing Data
A business development consultant will analyze data throughout all stages of your marketing and sales campaigns. This process will highlight what works well and help them identify areas that can be improved in the future. It also helps you better understand user behavior and how to keep them interested.
How to Hire a Business Development Consultant
You can either hire a business development consultant to work in-house at your company, or you can contact a marketing agency to outsource the services.
The pricing will depend on your business needs, the scope of the services, and whether you agree to an hourly rate or a service package . Scheduling an initial call can be as simple as booking one online. Once you work out the kinks and sign that contract, get back to doing what you love, and watch your business grow.
Alejandra Zilak is a content writer, ghostwriter, blogger, and editor. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and a Juris Doctor. She's licensed to practice law in four jurisdictions and worked as an attorney for almost a decade before switching careers to write full time. She loves being part of the Bluleadz team and implementing SEO best practices with her content. When not working, she loves to read, write fiction, and long distance running.
More Sales Insights
Subscribe to our blog & get notified on the latest trends that impact your business.
Can't Find What You're Looking For? Try Using a Keyword.
- Job Descriptions
- Consulting and Strategy Job Descriptions
Business Development Consultant Job Description
Business development consultants review existing company processes to ascertain areas for improvement. Business development consultants use insights obtained from these and other analyses to formulate profit-boosting strategies.
Try Betterteam for FREE
Send jobs to 100+ job boards with one submission
- Completely free trial, no card required.
- Reach over 250 million candidates.
Business Development Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a resolute business development consultant to identify and capitalize on opportunities for our firm. The business development consultant will be required to study existing procedures and formulate appropriate strategies that facilitate our expansion. Throughout this process, you should be acutely aware of our company's position within the field, working to consolidate this by using the resources at your disposal.
To ensure success as a business development consultant, you should be skilled at executing strategic business plans. A remarkable business development consultant should be able to produce tangible results in even the toughest of markets.
Business Development Consultant Responsibilities:
- Conducting regular, in-depth analyses of our company's policies and processes to ascertain strengths and shortcomings.
- Analyzing and reformulating existing and promising business contracts to maximize turnover.
- Scrutinizing the market to elucidate clients' needs, competitors' activities, and promising avenues that have not yet been explored.
- Inspecting company finances to identify trends and set reasonable targets.
- Crafting short and long-term, actionable plans in consultation with the Directors.
- Communicating strategies with staff to obtain their buy-in.
- Training staff in appropriate techniques to support the utility of business strategies.
- Reviewing your progress using standardized metrics.
- Compiling detailed reports that capture successes and opportunities.
Business Development Consultant Requirements:
- Degree in business administration, quantitative finance, economics, or similar.
- Extensive experience as a business development consultant or equivalent.
- Ability to draft, decipher and negotiate business contracts.
- Complete understanding of contemporary market trends.
- Solid business acumen supplemented with decisiveness.
- Concrete grasp of routine and advanced statistical procedures.
- Capacity to motivate staff to ensure alignment with visions.
- Communicative, versatile, and strategic.
Business development associate job description, business development director job description, business development consultant interview questions, business development associate interview questions, business development director interview questions.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
Your business development strategy can be key to the success or failure of your firm. In this post, we’ll explore how to create a strategy and associated plan that can propel an individual, a practice or an entire firm to new levels of growth and profitability.
Business Development Defined
Business development (BD) is the process that is used to identify, nurture and acquire new clients and business opportunities to drive growth and profitability. A business development strategy is a document that describes the strategy you will use to accomplish that goal.
The scope of business development can be wide ranging and vary a lot from organization to organization. Consider the model of how professional services organizations get new business shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: The three stages of the business development funnel
The first two stages of the model, Attracting Prospects and Build Engagement, are traditional marketing functions. The final stage, Turning Opportunities into Clients, is a traditional sales function. In the traditional role, business development would be looking for new channels of distribution or marketing partners.
But roles are changing and naming conventions evolve. In today’s world many firms refer to the entire marketing and sales process as business development. I know, it can be confusing. So let’s sort it out a bit.
Business Development vs. Marketing
Marketing is the process of determining which products and services you will offer to which target audiences, at what price. It also addresses how you will position and promote your firm and it’s offerings in the competitive marketplace. The result of all this activity should be an increasing awareness of your firm among your target audience — and a stronger flow of qualified leads and opportunities.
Free Download: Getting Back in the Game: A Playbook to Help Professional Services Firms Win Under “The New Normal”
Historically, business development has been a subset of the marketing function that was focused on acquiring new marketing or distribution relationships and channels. While this role still exists in many companies, the business development title has become interchangeable with many marketing and sales functions.
Business Development vs. Sales
Sales is the task of converting leads or opportunities into new clients. Business development is a broader term that encompasses many activities beyond the sales function. And while there is some overlap, most traditional BD roles are only lightly involved in closing new clients.
Business development is often confused with sales. This is not too surprising because many people who are clearly in sales have taken to using the title of Business Developer . Presumably this is done because the organization believes that the BD designation avoids some possible stigma associated with sales.
Nowhere is this practice more prevalent than in professional services. Accountants, lawyers and strategy consultants do not want to be seen as “pushy sales people.” This titular bias is firmly rooted despite the fact that developing new business is an important role of most senior members of professional services firms.
Since so many clients want to meet and get to know the professionals they will be working with, the Seller-doer role is well established in many firms. The preference for Seller-doers also tends to discourage firms from fielding a full-time sales force.
As an alternative approach to leveraging fee-earners’ time, some firms have one or more Business Developers on staff. In the professional services context, these folks are often involved in lead generation and qualification, as well as supporting the Seller-doers in their efforts to close new clients. In other organizational contexts, this role might be thought of as a sales support role.
The result of this confusing picture is that many professional services firms call sales “business development” and make it part of every senior professional’s role. They may also include some marketing functions, such as lead generation and lead nurturing, into the professional’s BD responsibilities.
It is this expanded role, where business development encompasses the full range of lead generation, nurturing and sales tasks, which we will concentrate on in this post.
See also: Heller Consulting Case Story
Business Development Examples
To be clear on what this role entails, let’s consider this business development example:
Bethany is the Director of Business Development at a fictional mid-sized architecture firm. She is not an architect herself. Nor is she involved with any aspect of delivering the projects that the firm has signed. Instead, her role is exclusively focused on signing new business for her firm—with either new clients or existing ones.
For new clients, Bethany spends much of her time responding to RFPs, communicating directly with inbound leads generated by the marketing/sales enablement team, and nurturing potential clients that she met at a recent industry conference. Bethany also collaborates with the marketing team in the development of new materials she needs to sell to new accounts.
When it comes to existing accounts, Bethany also has a role. She meets monthly with delivery teams to understand whether current client projects are on scope or if change orders are needed. Moreover, she maintains a relationship with key stakeholders of her firm’s clients. If another opportunity for more work opens, she knows that her relationship with the client is an important component to that potential deal.
In this example, Bethany is the primary driver of business development but that does not mean she is doing this alone. Imagine she has a colleague Greg who is a lead architect at the firm. While Greg’s first focus is delivering for his clients, business development—and even marketing—should still be a part of his professional life. Perhaps Greg attends an industry conference with Bethany, he as a speaker and expert and her as the primary networker. The business development dynamic should not end with Bethany and should permeate the whole organization.
In this business development example, you can see that the range of roles and responsibilities is wide. This is why it is essential for business development to not be ad hoc, but done strategically. Let’s talk about that now.
Strategic Business Development
Not all business development is of equal impact. In fact a lot of the activities of many professionals are very opportunistic and tactical in nature.This is especially true with many seller-doers.
Caught between the pressures of client work and an urgent need for new business they cast about for something quick and easy that will produce short term results. Of course this is no real strategy at all.
Strategic business development is the alignment of business development processes and procedures with your firm’s strategic business goals. The role of strategic business development is to acquire ideal clients for your highest priority services using brand promises that you can deliver upon.
Deciding which targets to pursue and strategies to employ to develop new business is actually a high stakes decision. A good strategy, well implemented, can drive high levels of growth and profitability. A faulty strategy can stymie growth and frustrate valuable talent.
Yet many firms falter at this critical step. They rely on habit, anecdotes and fads — or worse still, “this is how we have always done it.” In a later section we’ll cover how to develop your strategic business development plan. But first we’ll cover some of the strategies that may go into that plan.
Top Business Development Strategies
Let’s look at some of the most common business development strategies and how they stack up with today’s buyers .
Networking is probably the most universally used business development strategy. It’s built on the theory that professional services buying decisions are rooted in relationships, and the best way to develop new relationships is through face-to-face networking.
It certainly is true that many relationships do develop in that way. And if you are networking with your target audience, you can develop new business. But there are limitations. Today’s buyers are very time pressured, and networking is time consuming. It can be very expensive, if you consider travel and time away from the office.
Newer digital networking techniques can help on the cost and time front. But even social media requires an investment of time and attention.
The close relative of networking, referrals are often seen as the mechanism that turns networking and client satisfaction into new business. You establish a relationship, and that person refers new business to you. Satisfied clients do the same.
Clearly, referrals do happen, and many firms get most or all of their business from them. But referrals are passive. They rely on your clients and contacts to identify good prospects for your services and make a referral at the right time.
The problem is referral sources often do not know the full range of how you can help a client. So many referrals are poorly matched to your capabilities. Other well-matched referrals go unmade because your referral source fails to recognize a great prospect when they see one. Finally, many prospects that might be good clients rule out your firm before even talking with you. One recent study puts the number at over 50%.
Importantly, there are new digital strategies that can accelerate referrals. Making your specific expertise more visible is the key. This allows people to make better referrals and increases your referral base beyond clients and a few business contacts.
Learn More: Referral Marketing Course
Sponsorships and Advertising
Can you develop new business directly by sponsoring events and advertising? It would solve a lot of problems if it works. No more trying to get time from fully utilized billable professionals.
Unfortunately, the results on this front are not very encouraging. Studies have shown that traditional advertising is actually associated with slower growth. Only when advertising is combined with other techniques, such as speaking at an event, do these techniques bear fruit.
The most promising advertising strategy seems to be well-targeted digital advertising. This allows firms to get their messages and offers in front of the right people at a lower cost.
Outbound Telephone and Mail
Professional services firms have been using phone calls and mail to directly target potential clients for decades. Target the right firms and roles with a relevant message and you would expect to find new opportunities that can be developed into clients.
There are a couple of key challenges with these strategies. First they are relatively expensive, so they need to be just right to be effective. Second, if you don’t catch the prospect at the right time, your offer may have no appeal relevance — and consequently, no impact on business development.
The key is to have a very appealing offer delivered to a very qualified and responsive list. It’s not easy to get this combination right.
Thought Leadership and Content Marketing
Here, the strategy is to make your expertise visible to potential buyers and referral sources. This is accomplished through writing, speaking or publishing content that demonstrates your expertise and how it can be applied to solve client problems.
Books, articles and speaking engagements have long been staples of professional services business development strategy. Many high visibility experts have built their practices and firms upon this strategy. It often takes a good part of a career to execute this approach.
But changing times and technology have reshaped this strategy. With the onset of digital communication it is now easier and much faster to establish your expertise with a target market. Search engines have leveled the playing field so that relatively unknown individuals and firms can become known even outside their physical region. Webinars have democratized public speaking, and blogs and websites give every firm a 24/7 presence. Add in video and social media and the budding expert can access a vastly expanded marketplace.
But these developments also open firms to much greater competition as well. You may find yourself competing with specialists whom you were never aware of. The impact is to raise the stakes on your business development strategy.
It is common to combine different business development strategies. For example, networking and referrals are frequently used together. And on one level, a combined strategy makes perfect sense. The strength of one strategy can shore up the weakness of another.
But there is a hidden danger. For a strategy to perform at its peak, it must be fully implemented. There is a danger that by attempting to execute too many different strategies you will never completely implement any of them.
Good intentions, no matter how ambitious, are of little real business development value. Under-investment, lack of follow through and inconsistent effort are the bane of effective business development.
It is far more effective to fully implement a simple strategy than to dabble in a complex one. Fewer elements, competently implemented, produce better results.
Next, we turn our attention to the tactics used to implement a high-level strategy. But first there is a bit of confusion to clear up.
Business Development Strategy Vs. Tactics
The line between strategy and tactics is not always clear. For example, you can think of networking as an overall business development strategy or as a tactic to enhance the impact of a thought leadership strategy. Confusing to be sure.
From our perspective, the distinction is around focus and intent. If networking is your business development strategy all your focus should be on making the networking more effective and efficient. You will select tactics that are aimed at making networking more powerful or easier. You may try out another marketing technique and drop it if it does not help you implement your networking strategy.
On the other hand, if networking is simply one of many tactics, your decision to use it will depend on whether it supports your larger strategy. Tactics and techniques can be tested and easily changed. Strategy, on the other hand, is a considered choice and does not change from day to day or week to week.
10 Most Effective Business Development Tactics
Which business development tactics are most effective? To find out, we recently conducted a study that looked at over 1000 professional services firms. The research identified those firms that were growing at greater than a 20% compound annual growth rate over a three-year period.
These High Growth firms were compared to firms in the same industry that did not grow over the same time period. We then examined which business development tactics were employed by each group and which provided the most impact.
The result is a list of the ten most impactful tactics employed by the High Growth firms:
- Providing assessments and/or consultations
- Keyword research/ search engine optimization
- Live product/service demonstrations
- Conducting and publishing original research
- Public relations (earned media)
- Nurturing prospects through phone calls
- Speaking at targeted conferences or events
- Marketing partnerships with other organizations
- Presenting in educational webinars
- Networking on social media
There are a couple of key observations about these growth tactics. First, these techniques can be employed in service of different business development strategies. For example number seven on the list, speaking at targeted conferences or events, can easily support a networking or a thought leadership strategy.
The other observation is that the top tactics include a mix of both digital and traditional techniques. As we will see when we develop your plan, having a healthy mix of digital and traditional techniques tends to increase the impact of your strategy.
Business Development Skills
Now that we have identified the key business development strategies and tactics, it is time to consider the business development skills your team will need. Business development skills require a broad range of technical skills but there are some that make a difference.
When the Hinge Research Institute studied marketing and business development skills in our annual High Growth Study , we found that the firms who grow faster have a skill advantage within their marketing and business development teams.
Let’s dive into the top three skills from this list.
The number one business development skill high growth firms enjoy are strong project management skills. And for experienced business development specialists, this makes good sense. Staying organized, accurately tracking business development activity, and managing accounts are essential for building and maintaining strong business relationships. Activities like the proposal development see business development team resources manage and produce a strong proposal quickly, including the right stakeholders, and without sacrificing quality.
The next most important skill is simplifying complex concepts. In business development conversations, it is vital that team members are strong communicators of your firm’s service offerings and capabilities. Those who are able to take a comlex scope of work and communicate it in a way that a potential buyer can understand. Speaking in industry jargon or overly complicated charts is a fast way to see a business lead become unresponsive. Therefore, it is no surprise to see that the fastest growing professional services firms have an advantage in communicating complex information in a way that buyers understand.
The third most important business development skill is face-to-face networking. Despite the hiatus of many in-person events, high growth firms still reported that strong networking skills are a top skill enjoyed by their firms. Strong face-to-face networking skills are as much of an art as it is a science. While some can be more charismatic than others, everyone can prepare their teams with the resources and plan they need to succeed in a networking environment.
Review the other business development and marketing skills in the figure above and determine which skills your team should aim to develop. Strategy development for planning your business development plan, research for understanding the competitive landscape and industry trends, and social media prowess all play an important role in business development, too. Developing these skills should be a key priority of your business development team.
How to Create Your Strategic Business Development Plan
A Business Development Plan is a document that outlines how you implement your business development strategy. It can be a plan for an individual, a practice or the firm as a whole. Its scope covers both the marketing and sales functions, as they are so intertwined in most professional services firms.
Here are the key steps to develop and document your plan.
Define your target audience
Who are you trying to attract as new clients? Focus on your “best-fit” clients, not all possible prospects. It is most effective to focus on a narrow target audience. But don’t go so narrow that you can’t achieve your business goals.
Research their issues, buying behavior and your competitors
The more you know about your target audience the better equipped you will be to attract their attention and communicate how you can help them. What are their key business issues? Is your expertise relevant to those issues? Where do they look for advice and inspiration? What is the competitive environment like? How do you stack up?
Identify your competitive advantage
What makes you different? Why is that better for your target client? Are you the most cost-effective alternative, or the industry’s leading expert? This “positioning” as it is often called, needs to be true, provable and relevant to the prospect at the time they are choosing which firm to work with. Be sure to document this positioning, as you will use it over and over again as you develop your messages and marketing tools.
Choose your overall business development strategy
Pick the broad strategy or strategies to reach, engage and convert your prospects. You can start with the list of top strategies provided above. Which strategy fits with the needs and preferences of your target audiences? Which ones best convey your competitive advantage? For example, if you are competing because you have superior industry expertise, a thought leadership/content marketing strategy will likely serve you well.
Choose your business development tactics
A great place to start is the list of the most effective tactics we provided above. Make sure that each technique you select fits your target audience and strategy. Remember, it’s not about your personal preferences or familiarity with a tactic. It’s about what works with the audience.
Also, you will need to balance your choices in two important ways: First, you will need tactics that address each stage of the business development pipeline shown in Figure 1. Some techniques work great for gaining visibility but do not address longer-term nurturing. You need to cover the full funnel.
Second, you need a good balance between digital and traditional techniques (Figure 2). Your research should inform this choice. Be careful about assumptions. Just because you don’t use social media doesn’t mean that a portion of your prospects don’t use it to check you out.
Figure 2. Online and offline marketing techniques
When, how often, which conferences, what topics? Now is the time to settle on the details that turn a broad strategy into a specific plan. Many plans include a content or marketing calendar that lays out the specifics, week by week. If that is too much detail for you, at least document what you will be doing and how often. You will need these details to monitor the implementation of your plan.
Specify how you will monitor implementation and impact
Often overlooked, these important considerations often spell the difference between success and failure. Unimplemented strategies don’t work. Keep track of what you do, and when. This will both motivate action and provide a great starting place as you troubleshoot your strategy. Also monitor and record the impacts you see. The most obvious affect will be how much new business you closed. But you should also monitor new leads or new contacts, at the bare minimum. Finally, don’t neglect important process outcomes such as referrals, new names added to your list and downloads of content that expose prospects and referral sources to your expertise.
If you follow these steps you will end up with a documented business development strategy and a concrete plan to implement and optimize it.
How Hinge Can Help
Hinge, a global leader in professional services branding and marketing, helps firms grow faster and become more profitable. Our research-based strategies are designed to be implemented. In fact, our groundbreaking Visible Firm ® program combines strategy, implementation, training and more.
- For hands-on help developing a high-performance business development plan, register for our Visible Firm ® course through Hinge University.
- Keep pace with the marketplace, generate leads and build your reputation all at once: Marketing Planning Guide.
- Find out how to turn your firm into a high-visibility, high-growth business. Download our free executive guide, The Visible Firm® , in which we layout a detailed roadmap of this research-based program.
- For more insights, check out our blog post, How to Develop a Winning Go-to-Market Strategy for Your Firm
Most Popular Posts
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Top 21 Examples of Key Differentiators for Professional Services Firms
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?
Send me all articles:
- College Majors
- Job Search Advice
Home » Business Plans » B2B Sector
How to Write a Consulting Firm Business Plan [Sample Template]
Are you about starting a consulting business online ? If YES, here is a complete sample business consulting firm business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE . One of the reasons why the consulting business wouldn’t be too saturated no matter how much people delve into it is the fact that the sky is too large for two birds to collide. This means that there are a myriad of people who want to venture into businesses and other unknown fields, and will require the services of a consultant.
What It Takes to Start a Consulting Business?
If you are looking to start a consulting business, it is very expedient that you master the areas in which you would want to be known as a veteran. There are several fields which one can look to start out from. From the sports angle, to events management, and to other areas.
It is however no doubt that you will need to first of all have a rich knowledge of the area that you are looking to commence business from. After that has been done, then you have got to make it mandatory to draw up a business plan that you will follow. Below is a sample consulting business plan template.
A Sample Business Consulting Firm Business Plan Template
1. industry overview.
When we talk about consulting services, we are perhaps talking about getting practical advice from expects. The consulting industry is indeed a broad industry that covers a wide range of services such as management consulting, strategy consulting technological consulting, marketing consulting, human resource consulting, training consulting, tax consulting, and any other business activities that involves giving advice et al.
In essence, consulting firms are hired to proffer solutions to the challenges that organizations faces. Organizations don’t just hire consultants for the sake of hiring consultants, but they do so simply because they expect them to help tackle their business challenges and deliver solutions as required.
As a consulting firm, if you are good at developing coaching skills, process analysis, technology implementation, strategy development, or operational improvement services, then with little push, you will have more jobs than you can handle.
From a recently released statistics, the united states market for management consulting grew 8.5% last year; it translates to about $39.3 billion. Management consulting is growing at a steady rate and the growth rate of the industry far exceeds previous years’ growth.
Although the consulting industry struggled during the 2001–2003 period, but of course it is evident that the industry grew steadily after then except for the period (2009) when we experienced economic downturn. Of course the industry is stable and enjoying steady growth. The United States companies are spending much less on strategy consulting but the sector is expected to grow just 3.7 percent in the coming year.
The consulting industry is a high-paying industry especially if you have been able to cut your teeth in a particular area of specialization. It gives you the opportunity to work with high and low profile clients and if you are able to proffer solutions to business challenges you will be greatly rewarded. In most cases, if you are lucky to be among the few experts in the industry, you will have the privilege of choosing who to work for and the amount you want to charge.
Generally, consultants are skilled at conducting research and of course analyzing the results they got from the research. Consultants go as far as gathering any related data that will help them come up with workable solutions for the organization they are working for; they ensure that they identify behavioral patterns, production bottle – necks, the market trends and of course customers preference.
With that and other factors, they will be able to create standard operating processes that can help the organization achieve its goals and objectives.
As a consulting firm, your core responsibility is to improve your client’s business by effecting changes in response to your analysis; you should be able to change the fortune of the business within an agreed time – line. Corporations are willing to pay expensive fees as long as they are going to get results.
No business person will be willing to pay you for a consulting service if you don’t have a track record that shows that you know what you are doing. It is one thing to convince a client to patronize your consulting services and it another thing for you to deliver solutions as agreed.
Lastly, one good thing about the consulting industry is that there are readily available markets for their services simply because organizations naturally would want to improve their performance annually; corporations always seem to want more success. So, if you are well positioned and you know how to deliver results, you will always smile to the bank.
2. Executive Summary
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP is a Human Resource and Capital Development Consulting firm that will be located in New York City, New York. The company will be operated as a standard consulting firm with bias in business consulting and also handle other related aspect of human resources and capital development aspect of consulting as requested by our clients.
We are aware that businesses these days require diverse and sophisticated approaches. This is why we will position our consulting firm to offer a wide range of consulting services as requested by our clients. Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP is a client-focused and result driven business consulting firm that provides broad-based experience at an affordable fee that won’t in any way put a hole in the pocket of our clients.
We will offer a complete range of business consulting services to our local, state, national, and multi-national clients and we will ensure that we work hard to provide the required services and business solutions needed by our clients to accomplish their business goals and objectives.
At Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP, our client’s best interest come first, and everything we do is guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hire consultants who are well experienced in a wide variety of business consulting and trainings et al.
We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely. We will cultivate a working environment that provides a human, sustainable approach to earning a living, and living in our world, for our partners, employees and for our clients.
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible.
- Our Founder
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP is founded by Dr. Denzel Graham – Douglas and his son McPherson Graham – Douglas. The organization will be managed by Dr. Denzel Graham – Douglas, he graduated from University of California – Berkley (First Degree), Brock School of Business at Stamford University (MBA), and University of Harvard (PhD.).
He has extensive experience in a diverse range of business consulting, and his consulting practice is concentrated in the areas of helping both big corporations and start – ups position their business for growth, sustainability and expansion.
3. Our Products and Services
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP is going to offer varieties of services within the scope of the consulting industry in the United States of America. Our intention of starting our consulting firm is to make profits from the industry and we will do all that is permitted by the law in the US to achieve our aim and ambition.
Our business offering are listed below;
- Recruitment and Training Consulting
- Business Formation and Business Strategies for corporate organization
- Management Consulting
- Strategy Consulting
- Technological Consulting
- Marketing and Sales Consulting
- Human Resource and Capital Development Consulting
- Brand Consulting
- Accounting and Financial Services Consulting
- Tax Consulting
- Insurance Consulting
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to provide our clients with skilled consulting and training solutions in a timely and efficient manner.
- We strive to handle each client with accountability and responsiveness, as if we were building our own business.
- We focus our attention on the providing workable business solutions for our clients so that our clients can focus their attention on the success of their business.
- Our vision reflects our values: integrity, service, excellence and teamwork.
- Our mission is to provide professional and trusted consulting services that assist businesses and non-profit organizations in operating sustainably.
- We provide workable business solutions in combination with our own business backgrounds, and deliver valuable services in a timely and cost-effective way.
Our Business Structure
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP will build a solid business structure that can support the growth of our business. We will ensure that we hire competent hands to help us build the business of our dream. Below is the business structure that we will build Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP;
- Chief Executive Officer / Lead Consultant
- Business Consultants
- Training and Development Executive
Admin and HR Manager
Front Desk Officer
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Office / Lead Consultant:
- Responsible for providing direction for the firm
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for handling high profile clients and deals
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
- Responsible for drawing up contracts and other legal documents for the company
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Responsible for providing business solutions for clients
- Works with the Business analyst to design workable business plan document for clients
- Works with the Training and Development Consultant to develop training solutions for clients
- Tracks hours and bills to clients.
- Handles any other responsibility as assigned by the Lead Consultant
Training and Development Consultant
- Coordinates training programs facilitated by Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP
- Writes winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with company policy
- Identifies training and development needs for staff through job analysis, appraisals and consultation
- Collects briefs from clients in respect of Recruitment exercise, Learning and Development and Advisory services
- Designs job descriptions with KPI to drive performance management for clients
- Regularly hold meetings with key stakeholders to review the effectiveness of HR Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Facilitates and coordinate strategic sessions.
- Works directly with clients in a non-advising capacity, such as answering questions, scheduling appointments and making sure all training concerns are properly taken care off
- Responsible for handling all trainings both internal and external trainings
- Responsible for handling business research, marker surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Works with the Business consultant in helping clients develop workable business plan documents
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the business consultant or the lead consultant
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office activities.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and growth for the company
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In centre, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the company’s products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
- Receives Visitors / clients on behalf of the organization
- Receives parcels / documents for the company
- Handles enquiries via e-mail and phone calls for the organization
- Distribute mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager
6. SWOT Analysis
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP engaged the services of a core professional in the area of business consulting and structuring to assist the firm in building a solid consulting firm that can favorably compete in the highly competitive consulting industry.
Part of what our team of business consultant did was to work with the management of the firm in conducting a SWOT analysis for Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP. Here is a summary from the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP;
Our core strength lies in the power of our team; our workforce. We have a team that can go all the way to give our clients value for their money. We are well positioned and we know we will attract loads of clients from the first day we open our doors for business.
As a new business consulting firm, it might take some time for our organization to break into the market; that is perhaps our major weakness.
The opportunities in the consulting industry are massive and we are ready to take advantage of any opportunity that comes our way.
Some of the threats that we are likely going to face as a consulting firm operating in the United States are unfavorable government policies, the arrival of a competitor within our location of operations and global economic downturn which usually affects purchasing power. There is hardly anything we could do as regards these threats other than to be optimistic that things will continue to work for our good.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
Quite a number of distinct trends have emerged in recent times in the consulting industry which is why consulting firms are positioning their organizations to survive the peaks and troughs of an ailing economy. As a matter of fact, most of these trends aid consulting firms and organizations to become more creative, competitive, efficient, and productive in a global market.
Some other trends in the consulting industry could be attributed to changing demographics, attitudes and work styles.
No doubt, as the cost of consulting services continues to increase and as corporate spending falls, new consulting delivery methods will continue to emerge and gain momentum going forward. In addition, the market for consulting services has shifted from a sellers’ market to a buyers’ market. A market where consultants provide software solutions that will make it easier for their clients to run their businesses.
Lastly, it is now becoming trendy in the consulting industry for smaller consulting firms to merge with bigger consulting firms and for bigger consulting firms to acquire smaller consulting firms; mergers and acquisitions. Many consulting firms all over the United States are coming to the conclusion that the bigger the better for them.
8. Our Target Market
Although Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP will initially serve small to medium sized business, from new ventures to well established businesses, but that does not in any way stop us from growing to be able to compete with the leading consulting firms in the United States. We hope to someday merge or acquire other smaller consulting firms and expand our consulting services beyond the shores of the United States of America.
As a full service business consulting firm, Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP have a variety of practice areas to help startups grow. While we works with a variety of organizations and industries, Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP will also specialize in working with startups, real estate investors, and contractors, manufacturers and distributors, banks, lending and financial institutions.
Our target market cuts across people of different class and people from all walks of life, local and international organizations as well. We are coming into the industry with a business concept that will enable us work with the highly placed people and companies in the country and at the same with the lowly placed people and smaller businesses.
In other words, our target market is the whole of the United States of America and subsequently other parts of the world. Below is a list of the people and organizations that we have specifically design our products and services for;
- Banks, Insurance Companies and other related Financial Institutions
- Businesses and Entrepreneurs
- Blue Chips Companies
- Corporate Organizations
- Manufacturers and Distributors
- Real Estate Owners, Developers, and Contractors
- Research and Development Companies
- The Government (Public Sector)
- Schools (High Schools, Colleges and Universities)
- Sport Organizations
- Entrepreneurs and Start – Ups
Our competitive advantage
A close study of the business consulting and advisory industry reveals that the market has become much more intensely competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, the supply of business consultancy and advisory services has significantly exceeded demand. In other to position to take on the market, most consulting firms have begun to diversify their services as against restricting their services to just a niche in the industry
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP might be a new entrant into the business consulting industry in the United States of America, but the management staffs and board members are considered gurus. They are people who are core professionals and licensed and highly qualified consultants in the United States. These are part of what will count as a competitive advantage for us.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups consulting firm) in the industry meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the consulting industry and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to attract clients on a regular basis and sign retainer – ship with most of our clients.
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP will generate income by offering the following consulting services for individuals and for organizations;
10. Sales Forecast
As long as there are people living in the United States of America and business starting and growing in the U.S., the services of consulting firms will always be needed.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in the U.S. and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base beyond New York City, New York to other states in the U.S. and even the global market.
We have been able to critically examine the business consulting market and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in New York.
Below is the sales projection for Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP, it is based on the location of our business consulting firm and the wide range of consulting services that we will be offering;
- First Year-: $100,000
- Second Year-: $500,000
- Third Year-: $1,000,000
N.B : This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
We mindful of the fact that there are stiffer competition amongst consulting firms in the United States of America, hence we have been able to hire some of the best business developer to handle our sales and marketing. Our sales and marketing team will be recruited base on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall goal of the organization.
We will also ensure that our excellent job deliveries speak for us in the market place; we want to build a standard consulting business that will leverage on word of mouth advertisement from satisfied clients (both individuals and organizations).
Our goal is to grow our consulting firm to become one of the top 20 consulting firms in the United States of America which is why we have mapped out strategy that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to reckon with not only in the U.S but in the world stage as well.
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to organizations and key stake holders in New York and other parts of the U.S.
- Promptness in bidding for consulting contracts from the government and other cooperate organizations
- Advertise our business in relevant business magazines, newspapers, TV stations, and radio station.
- List our business on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Attend relevant international and local expos, seminars, and business fairs et al
- Create different packages for different category of clients in order to work with their budgets and still deliver quality consulting services to them
- Leverage on the internet to promote our business
- Engage direct marketing approach
- Encourage word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied clients
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We have been able to work with our in house consultants and other brand and publicity specialist to help us map out publicity and advertising strategies that will help us walk our way into the heart of our target market. We are set to take the consulting industry by storm which is why we have made provisions for effective publicity and advertisement of our consulting firm.
Below are the platforms we intend to leverage on to promote and advertise our consulting business;
- Place adverts our consulting firm on both print and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant TV shows and radio programs
- Maximize our firm’s website to promote our business
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook ,Twitter, LinkedIn, Badoo, Google+ and other platforms (real estate online forums) to promote our business.
- Offer Pro Bono services as part of our community social responsibility
- Brand all our official cars
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Hourly billing for consulting services is a long – time tradition in the industry. However, for some types of consultancy services, flat fees make more sense because they allow clients to better predict consultancy costs. As a result of this, Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP will charge our clients a flat fee for many basic services such as business advisory services and tax consulting et al.
At Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP we will keep our fees below the average market rate for all of our clients by keeping our overhead low and by collecting payment in advance. In addition, we will also offer special discounted rates to start – ups, nonprofits, cooperatives, and small social enterprises.
We are aware that there are some clients that would need regular access to consultancy and advisory services and assistance, we will offer flat rate for such services that will be tailored to take care of such clients’ needs.
- Payment Options
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP, our payment policy will be all inclusive because we are quite aware that different people prefer different payment options as it suits them. Here are the payment options that we will make available to our clients;
- Payment by via bank transfer
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
- Payment with cash
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our plans with little or no itches.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Starting a consulting firm can be cost effective; this is so because on the average, you are not expected to acquire expensive machines and equipment. Basically what you should be concerned about is the amount needed to secure a standard office facility in a good and busy business district, the amount needed to furniture and equip the office, the amount needed to pay bills, promote the business and obtain the appropriate business license and certifications.
Basically, this is the area we are looking towards spending our start – up capital on;
- The Total Fee for incorporating the Business in New York – $750.
- The budget for Liability insurance, permits and license – $2,500
- The Amount needed to acquire a suitable Office facility in a business district 6 months (Re – Construction of the facility inclusive) – $40,000.
- The Cost for equipping the office (computers, printers, fax machines, furniture, telephones, filing cabins, safety gadgets and electronics et al) – $2,000
- The Cost of Launching your official Website – $600
- Budget for paying at least two employees for 3 months and utility bills – $30,000
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al) – $2,500
- Miscellaneous – $1,000
Going by the report from the research and feasibility studies, we will need about $150,000 to set up a small scale but standard consulting firm in the United States of America.
Generating Funding / Startup Capital for Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP
Denzel and McPherson Consulting, LLP is going to start as a private business that will be solely owned by Dr. Denzel Sander and family. He will be the sole financial of the firm, but may likely welcome partners later which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of his start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $50,000 (Personal savings $40,000 and soft loan from family members $10,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $100,000 from our bank. All the papers and document has been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
It is easier for businesses to survive when they have steady flow of business deals / customers patronizing their products and services. We are aware of this which is why we have decided to offer a wide range of consulting and advisory services to both big and small clients.
We know that if we continue to deliver excellent consulting and advisory services, there will be steady flow of income for the organization. Our key sustainability and expansion strategy is to ensure that we only hire competent employees, create a conducive working environment and employee benefits for our staff members.
In the nearest future, we will explore the options of either merging with other consulting firms or acquire one or more consulting firms in order for us to increase our market share. We know that if we implement our business strategies, we will grow our consulting and advisory business beyond New York City, New York to other states in the U.S in record time.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check:>Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts various banks in the United States: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of All form of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating part of the start – up capital from the founder: Completed
- Applications for Loan from our Bankers: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, office equipment, electronic appliances and facility facelift: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business (Business PR): In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with key players in the industry: In Progress
More on B2B Sector
Don't bother with copy and paste.
Get this complete sample business plan as a free text document.
Business Development Business Plan
Start your own business development business plan
Palms and Bonds
Executive summary executive summary is a brief introduction to your business plan. it describes your business, the problem that it solves, your target market, and financial highlights.">, opportunity.
Botswana has increasing number of entrepreneurs and competition amongst existing companies which presents an increased demand for market information and services. Companies need market research and info to stay ahead of their competitors.
Palms and Bonds is based in Botswana and offers the expertise that a proactive-oriented and market-opportunity seeking company needs to develop and enter new product distribution and new market segments in new markets. We intend to provide a number of necessary services to the business community and to the public. These can be summed up in two main divisions — Business and Training Services. Our business services can be taken as marketing research, market research reports, project-based consulting, business and marketing plans, plan consulting and writing, high-level retainer consulting and company registration. Our training services include workshops and seminars on such topics as sales and marketing, as well as in-house training of receptionists, secretaries, and sales and marketing personnel.
Our intended markets are increasingly growing towards recognizing the difference between poor quality business consultancy service and that of high quality. This development is an important trend for us as it represents our target market, and hence opportunity. We now are having an increasing number of people who appreciate quality information and the importance of having comprehensive and concise market and business plans undertaken.
Another trend is the one toward greater use of specialized and focused consultants, instead of in-house resources. Companies are looking for out-sourcing (but unfortunately few offer such a service) and, in general, a preference for variable costs instead of fixed costs.
There are numerous companies operating in Gaborone who classify themselves as “business consultants”. However, upon contacting these, it appears that the vast majority of these companies are bookkeeping and secretarial services companies. There are some companies that provide services similar to those offered by us and that is good, but none of them specialize in market/marketing research. The following are some of our main competitors:
Palms and Bonds offers clients reliable, quality information and proposals for business development, market development, and channel development that will maximize business development. A true alternative to in-house resources we offer a very high level of practical experience, know-how, contacts, and confidentiality. At Palms and Bonds we are able to provide comprehensive solutions to our clients’ problems that will foster business development. Clients must know that working with Palms and Bonds is a more professional, less risky way to develop new areas even than working completely in-house with their own people. Palms and Bonds must also be able to maintain financial balance, charging a competitive and realistic value for its services, and delivering an even higher value to its clients. Initial focus will be development of the local market clientele.
The annual sales projections for three years are included in the table below. It should be noted that as we become established and known on the market we project sales to increase at a faster rate than the initial year.
Financial projections are in Botswanan Pula (P).
Financial Highlights by Year
The co-founders will each contribute $35,000, for a total investment of $70,000. Total start-up capital and expenses covered (including legal costs, logo design, stationery and related expenses) came to approximately $49,000. Start-up assets required and utilized included personal computers, vehicles, office furniture, and other office equipment is an additional $20,000.
Start your own business plan
Your business plan can look as polished and professional as this sample plan. It's fast and easy, with LivePlan.
Plan, fund, and grow.
Easily write a business plan, secure funding, and gain insights.
Achieve your business funding goals with a proven plan format.
- Asia & Other Regions Middle East Africa
- Project Report Development
Project Report gives an account of the project proposal to ascertain the prospects of the proposed plan/activity. A good business development consultant can help you in preparing a detailed project report.Companies seeking financial assistance for implementation of its business idea are required to prepare a business plan Project Report covering certain important aspects of the project such as promoters background/experience, product, location, technical arrangements, resource availability, market prospects, profitability, cash flow etc.
How we will.
We are into the field of business development consulting in Pune since 2012. Being one of the premier business development consultants in Pune , we have expertise in advising our clients about when to invest in and in which business. Preparing a workable business model with its feasibility, location-wise, finance-wise & operations-wise is our forte. Our personalized approach & customized deliverables are what sets us apart. Understanding the chief influencers, type of market and players, market description, target clients, market consumption, client behaviours, intentions, purposes, approaches, inclinations, impetus, and needs
A good project report development consists of conducting a robust SWOT analysis. What makes SWOT particularly powerful is that, with a little thought, it can help you uncover opportunities that you are well-placed to exploit. And by understanding the weaknesses of your business, we help you manage and eliminate threats that would otherwise catch you unawares. It helps you focus on your strengths, minimize threats, and take the greatest possible advantage of opportunities available to you.
Create trend lines for key items in the financial statements over multiple time periods, to see how the company would be performing. Typical trend lines are for revenues, the gross margin, net profits, cash, accounts receivable, and debt. We make an array of ratios for discerning the relationship between the sizes of various accounts in the financial statements. Capital cost, operating cost, fixed cost & working need analysis are all assessed & project report is designed accordingly.
Management & Operations
The only way to have a strong organization is to delegate responsibility as far down as possible, and then hold people accountable. The interaction amongst the operations needs to be smooth and frequent. We devise SOPs where the entire business communication, reporting & job descriptions are defined & audit parameters are coined to ensure SOPs are being followed.
Being in the field of business development consulting we have had the pleasure of preparing business plan project reports for numerous startups . We would like to take your business to the next level and help you in preparing a robust business plan.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- SOP IT integration (with ERP)
- Franchise Consulting
- Process Audit
- Mystery Shopping
Get Advice for Project Report Development
Q-Commerce: The New Front of Competition?
Jan 11, 2022
Q-Commerce is an abbreviation for Quick Commerce. It simply means quicker delivery timelines for purchases made online. The idea of ‘quicker’ here is to deliver an order within an hour of placing it. By that measure, shadows of quick commerce are already in existence....
Reliance Gourmet Supermarket – “Freshpik” Case Study
Dec 21, 2021
The fifth-largest and preferred retail destination globally, the Indian retail industry is one of the fastest-growing segments in the world. India is experiencing unprecedented growth with retail development taking place not just in major cities and metros, but also...
How to Organize & Grow Supermarket / Hypermarket
Dec 4, 2021
Already running a supermarket store and wondering how to scale it further? Are you contemplating what should be your next steps to accomplish your vision to organize and manage multiple stores? If this is what you are looking for, then you are in the right place. Your...
We work only for Visionaries.
The idea of having Ecommerce Consultants on-board from the beginning itself points towards reducing the involvement of the promoters in daily operations. Ecommerce Businesses willing to be a brand reaping profits & sustaining the competition must ensure that most of their processes should be automated. The more the manual intervention, the more would be the errors.
In Ecommerce business, you get only 1 chance to impress the customer & if you mess up there, you lose the customer for long.
Process automation in respect to all the activities pertaining to customers from order receiving to order fulfilment is a must for a seamless experience for the customers.
Task Management is another grey area where most deadlines fail as 90% of the tasks are assigned manually & are forgotten, unheard, misunderstood or mistaken.
YRC Team of Ecommerce Management Consultants helps to make maximum of the processes system-driven to ensure minimalistic manual intervention.
VIDEOGRAPHY & PHOTOGRAPHY
No matter how good your product is, the customer would know only if it looks good.
Photography includes the following steps:
- Cataloguing your products
- Cataloguing your images
- Backup your images (A few cloud storage solutions include Dropbox, Google Drive, Bitcasa, Apple’s Cloud Storage etc.)
- Choose the right camera & lens (You may also outsource the photography to a third party agency)
Digital Marketing includes SEO & SMM. SEO i.e. Search Engine Optimization includes activities like back-linking, meta tags, blog-writing etc. to ensure your website ranks on the 1st page on Google Search.
Next comes SMM i.e. “Social Media Marketing” which as the name suggests including promoting your products on all the social media sites, email marketing, influencer marketing & several other BTL activities.
These activities are going to be recurring & would decide the traffic on the website, the conversions, whether the right target market is tapped, the likes, the views, the orders, the reviews & much more. YRCs Ecommerce Consultants create a budget for digital marketing right from pre-launch to launch & for each month thereafter.
Building digital marketing strategies in coordination with the agency, selecting them to signing them off would be the role of YRC.
This ensures seamless coordination, detailed interactions & desired execution as it is always advisable to work with a single agency than multiple of them.
Selection of the right software for smooth functioning of back-end operations right from production to webstore display would be suggested and integrated by YRC Team.
YRC’s Team defines SOPs of Product Movement, maps it with the locations & people. They then create a blueprint of all the features required in the software & help in shortlisting & selection.
IT Integration involves connecting your offline inventories with real-time online webstore so when a sale occurs, inventories get deducted real time across offline as well as online platforms.
This helps in accurate inventory management, maintaining the MOQs, re-order levels & achieving the optimum inventory levels.
Some popular software include unicommerce, viniculum for your front-end website management & Genisys for your entire back-end Purchase, Production, Accounting, Invoicing etc. management.
WAREHOUSE & LOGISTICS PLANNING
- How many cities or countries you wish to sell in?
- Where should your Warehouse be located?
- Should you have one warehouse in each country or city?
- Should you be having your own delivery team in your base city?
- Would the 3rd party vendors be reliable? What happens when they lose or misplace your product during delivery?
- How should I manage the logistics if my goods are coming from different countries?
- How should the goods be stored and barcoded?
- How much space do I require for warehouse?
- I am sure several such questions must be haunting you while you think of starting your own fashion ecommerce brand.
At YRC, our warehousing and logistics experts can help you devise a strategy for all of the above mentioned queries and much more.
We design the layout of the Warehouse considering the inward, goods processing, software entry, barcoding, outward, goods return, scrap storage, goods stacking & much more.
Logistics route plan is devised considering the manufacturer to your warehouse and from there to last mile delivery locations.
UI & UX DESIGNING
This Step involves 03 distinct parts:
Part 1: Choosing the right Platform:
From several platforms available in the market right from Shopify to magento, woocommerce, prestoshop, wordpress etc. you must choose the one that fits best for your business
Part 2: UX Designing:
“UX” denotes User Experience, which if put in simple language is building the functional requirements of the website.
UX Designing includes designing the features required in the website, customer journey map, website features, the browsing features, navigation features, ecommerce order management process flow, checkout cart features, catalogue management, ecommerce payment system, cross selling features & much more.
“As per statistics, 68% of the customers abandon the carts before payment”
An interesting UX ensures the customer sticks on to the website for a longer time.
Part 3: UI Designing:
UI stands for User Interface, which means designing the look and feel of the website. UI includes using the right colours, elements and the entire aesthetics of the website.
A good User Interface ensures the user completes the task that he has come for. It navigates the user through the journey of the brand in the simplest but most effective way.
The UX designer maps out the bare bones of the user journey; the UI designer then fills it in with visual and interactive elements.
If User experience is the bare bone, user interface wraps it up with an attractive cape.
At YRC, our team if experts can help you develop the entire User Journey to ensure it is engaging!
SAMPLING & PRODUCTION
This step follows the “Designing” Phase, whether you have an in-house design team, freelance designers or an outsourced design company. It is one of the most exciting phases, as here you see your designs turning into products & your ideas turning into reality.
In most start-up cases, production is outsourced i.e. brands tie-up with the established manufacturers/ job-workers to get their products manufactured.
Sampling involves multiple 04 Stages, Fit-Sample, Prototype Sample, Pre-Production Sample & the Production Sample.
Prototype Sample is the first sample provided to the buyer. It can be in any fabric/ colour. This sample is just to understand whether the product design looks equally great in reality.
Fit Sample, as the name suggests is prepared to check the fit of the garment i.e. the various sizes, length, width etc.
Pre-production is made by the actual production line. Here the stitching quality and other aspects related to manufacturing are checked. This is the last stage where rejection can be accepted.
Production Sample is made before the production which is the replica of what is going to be finally produced.
Once you are through with all this, you are good to go ahead & get your goods manufactured.
PRODUCT DESIGNING / SOURCING
Product Designing or Sourcing is the heart of the Ecommerce Fashion Brand.
Product Designing / Sourcing can be done in several ways, as follows:
- In-house Design Team
- Freelance Designers
- Outsourced Design Team
- Ready Product Sourcing (From Manufacturer or Wholesaler)
At YRC, we evaluate your business strategy & business model to arrive at the decision, which of the above ways would be best-fit for your business. In certain cases, product sourcing may be a combination of the above.
These are the people who are going to build your brand! Whether they are the designers or merchandiser, your brand look is going to be in their hands.
If you are designing each garment from the scratch, the sourcing would play crucial role in developing design identity of your brand.
Sourcing includes fabric, trims, lining & all the raw material required to build the garment.
Branding is the “Look of the Brand”, right from logo to tagline, the colours used, the brand story, the brand communications on social media, the packaging & all the other aspects which speak directly or indirectly to the customers. Branding constitutes the look & feel of the brand & hence must be thoughtfully planned to match with the product that we are selling.
Branding must appeal to our target audience. Example : A golden colour logo depicting finesse, art, richness, premium, however beautiful it may be individually cannot go with a brand selling affordable kids wear products. So, your logo must be in-line with your brand positioning, whether you are an expensive brand or a luxury brand or a value for money brand, it must be depicted from your “Branding”.
It is an integral part to attract the target audience.
ORGANOGRAMS & SOP’s
Organogram is the “HR Blueprint” of the business which is created at the onset, to map out the team required across each function at various stages of the business. At the launch, only key people need to be got on board to ensure the project gets started & at this stage, all of them need to multi-task. Similarly, certain financial as well as operational goals are set for addition of the further team. Example, for the operations team, we hire 1 operations manager during the pre-launch phase & we add 1 more only when the business kicks-off & we reach a volume of selling more than 1000 pcs/ month or a turnover of more than 0.1 million USD.
SOPs are Standard Operating Procedures, a bible to run the entire organization right from Sales, Purchase, HR, Order receiving to Order fulfilment, Inventory Management, Accounts, Warehouse, Logistics, Supply Chain, Production & all the other relevant functions for the business. Business must be organized from its first day of operations; only then the tasks can be delegated.
At YRC, we design the organization structure, the processes, and approximate time taken to execute each process, job profile of every member within the organization, their KRAs, KPIs & the Reporting Structure.
Critical Pathway Analysis (CPA), is a project management technique which cannot be overlooked while launching an ecommerce fashion brand. Brand launch process is cumbersome with multiple inter-dependent & time-bound tasks involved, which need to be tracked to ensure the project remains on track.
CPA outlines key tasks across the project, their turnaround time (TAT) & the dependencies of tasks upon each other. It identifies the sequence of tasks, their interdependent steps from inception to completion, their criticalities, and their dates of onset, target dates of completion along with the key responsible person for the respective activities. Critical Pathway helps in understanding the unimportant & not urgent tasks which may jeopardize the execution of the project because of an unexpected snag! It also maps out the potential bottlenecks which might be posed because of the dependencies of tasks upon each other & cases where the next task cannot be commenced before the completion of the previous one.
CPA detects the minimum & the maximum time involvement of a particular individual or team to execute the task, thereby arriving at the overall deadlines associated with the project.
At Your Retail Coach, we design the Critical Pathway & review it periodically to ensure the project is on track & the progress is measurable.
BUSINESS STRATEGY & BUSINESS PLAN
Business Strategy includes the vision, mission, goals, business model, business plan & strategy for all the functions within the organization.
Business Strategy is a well-defined plan that outlines who, what, where, why, how & when for the company; for example, who would be the target market, how to attract the target audience, when to launch new products, where to operate from, how to handle competitors, what would be the USP, what would be long term goal of the organization & several other answers to the 5Ws of Strategy.
Business Strategy aligns the organization towards a common goal. Business SWOT helps company to identify & overcome their weaknesses & focus to sharpen the strengths. Business strategy forecasts future risks and helps business in building skillsets to overcome the potential threats.
YRC’s Business Plan focuses on creating a “Blueprint” of the business, thereby deriving the feasibility of the concept & gauge whether the opportunity is lucrative to invest time, energy & effort. Business Plan creates cash flow understanding i.e. building inflow & outflow cash projections from Week zero to week 60 i.e. 05 year projection. Business Plan calculates the capital investment, operating costs, one-time costs, recurring costs & all the other numbers relevant to obtain the breakeven sales, return on investment, return on capital, internal rate of return & several other ratios. Business Plan is also one of the important requirements if you are targeting the “Investor Route”. Fund raising becomes extremely transparent & channelized. With business plan panned out clearly, the business will know until what point must it be stretched & where to stop, which reduces the probability of unplanned investments.
Starting the concept of Ecommerce Fashion brand with Market Research ensures we get detailed understanding of the industry & this research report also acts as a social confirmation for your concept. Market Research helps in understanding the target locations, their population, potential online buyers for your product, competitors for each category, and top selling products of the competitors, competitors’ price range, offers & their responses & much more. Market Research helps in thorough understanding of your brand position as compared to our competitors. It helps in identifying gaps in the market, in your category along with the scope of the said product in the desired market. This will help in validation of your concept & prevents you from making the same mistakes as your fellow brands, eventually saving your time, energy & efforts. This phase is also a make or a break phase, as the market research study may at-times come up with some eye-popping numbers & statistics which might compel you to re-think on your product or category that you are planning to sell or alter your entire concept itself!! Market Research Reports analyse the competitors’ webstore for their traffic, conversion & sales. This is extremely valuable information to derive our inventory budgets & projections, which takes us to our next phase.
- Business Plan for Investors
- Bank/SBA Business Plan
- Strategic/Operational Business Plan
- L1 Visa Business Plan
- E1 Treaty Trader Visa Business Plan
- E2 Treaty Investor Visa Business Plan
- EB-1 Business Plan
- EB-2 NIW Business Plan
- EB-5 Business Plan
- Innovator Visa Business Plan
- Start-Up Visa Business Plan
- Expansion Worker Visa Business Plan
- Manitoba MPNP Visa Business Plan
- Nova Scotia NSNP Visa Business Plan
- British Columbia BC PNP Visa Business Plan
- Self-Employed Visa Business Plan
- OINP Entrepreneur Stream Business Plan
- LMIA Owner Operator Business Plan
- ICT Work Permit Business Plan
- LMIA Mobility Program – C11 Entrepreneur Business Plan
- USMCA (ex-NAFTA) Business Plan
- Franchise Business Plan
- Landlord business plan
- Nonprofit Start-Up Business Plan
- Cannabis business plan
- Ecommerce business plan
- Online boutique business plan
- Mobile application business plan
- Daycare business plan
- Restaurant business plan
- Food delivery business plan
- Real estate business plan
- Business Continuity Plan
- Buy Side Due Diligence Services
- ICO whitepaper
- ICO consulting services
- Confidential Information Memorandum
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Feasibility study
- How it works
- Business Plan Examples
Engineering Consulting Business Plan Template
Business Plan for starting your engineering consulting firm
Thousands of engineering students are out there with high dreams and aspirations to start and excel in a successful business out there. Having different minds with different plans for a company, but business plans for engineering consulting services are nowadays one of the most exciting and familiar ideas among youngsters. It is wise enough to say that to think and execute any purpose takes efforts in the right direction. Some of them with great views also fail and finally surrender all because of the wrong execution.
So, how to start an engineering consulting business is the central question one should have in mind. Being a businessperson is not that easy because when it comes to marketing, he always looks for more and more profit, but there are ups and downs. For a young mind that has just started his business and is new to the market, it often becomes frustrating with such fluctuations. You need to invest in the right direction and wait patiently for the results.
Always remember, “Rome was not built in a day.” Your mission should be to provide the best and most efficient service to the people, with all types of planning, concept building, and completion. Your team should be highly professional and skilled, which you might be the critical factor, too, using experience and ideas making your customers satisfied. The development of a working strategy and working on its implementation is all it takes. Indeed starting an engineering consulting firm has several challenges that need to get sorted out though we cannot deny the fact that it is a very profitable business.
Further in the article, we will be dealing with these:-
The firm here is to provide all the possible support and successfully solve the problems of the people out there with high, excellent, and efficient consulting services. The firms have a team of competent and well-trained professionals, which would try to help people with consulting to all possible extents. Bit of direct investments in money and time can help you in the long run. The starting of the business is not easy, but it is the most significant step.
Start to invest little, don’t let any even the customers with very less profit go down and start gaining a name in the market. Implementation of quality control work as well as assurance program is beneficial and provides more scope and focus for production work. One needs to be more strategic and schedule oriented to get a good hold over several prospects in the engineering consulting business.
How will the engineering consulting business be started?
The business initially would be all about a small investment and hard works. The company will be started based on providing the best service possible for delivering professional quality services with excellent and efficient budgets and doing so on time. The business plan companies was started to implement and maintain the best policy control and develop a strategy for doing so and maintaining a smooth relation with the customers.
The private limited company is competent enough to deal with any kind of such business. The founder himself, being a professional engineer, is having profound knowledge in the engineering business. The team working alongside is also well to do with such a company and is highly efficient in providing the best service possible. The cost that might involve in such a business may depend on the size of the market. In our opinion, start slow, and then with the growth and expansion, the investments too would become more.
Management of engineering consulting business
The founder does the control of the market; he makes the initial and capital investments made for the company. He is the one who manages the investments made for the company following development and future growth. The management and success of the business, at last, are the results of cooperation and hard work by the team of workers in the venture.
Customers of engineering consulting firms
The customer of such a business, mainly the one who needs help and expert assistance in the specific project, may be private or public. These firms can provide expertise in the sections such as design, model, execution, and many many more aspects relating to civil, electrical, mechanical, and sometimes software engineering. Effective and efficacious communication is very helpful when it comes to engineering consulting. It is a way, which is more efficient, and most number of people can easily get through their problems/issues regarding their engineering projects/career easily. The customers of such firms are the people who need a tinge of experienced advice and guidance over their projects.
Start with a little, and do not ever panic to make decisions for your investment for your business plan . The goal mainly should deal with providing the customer what they need, and going on with slow and steady growth to increase the business, I a year or two of your business years the target should be to get market value and minimum. Increase in the gross margin (which would significantly help your firm to grow), and the profit line should be one of your targets.
The owner of the company is an experienced and skilled engineer. His mind-set is mainly involved in the welfare of the customers. The owner is the one responsible or every type of investments and inputs to the company, he not only is a role model for the company and the team but also is the main thought behind the concept of setting such a business. He was always into such an idea since starting of his carrier, and with hard works and efforts here, he is today making the dream come true
Why is the engineering consulting business being started?
The owner, as specified above, had the idea of doing so. The company is being stated to deal with the problems of the people, help them in all possible ways when it comes to consultations about design, model, and structure of the project or sometimes thoroughly supervising the project. The company aims to provide every possible expertise in the plans. They always will be getting befits from the best ideas and lots of experience.
Establish a web presence
A web presence is essential for any type of business to grow in the era of technology, and especially one that is dealing with engineering and technology needs to have a web presence. It not only makes your company grab opportunities from any part of the world but also makes your presence in the market stable. Our business mainly deals with consulting services, which needs a web presence. More good reviews and a significant presence out there allow you to grab more and more.
Services for the customers
- The leading function is for consultation and investigation which further also involves studies regarding it
- It includes detailed and comprehensive research and analysis of different conditions
- Comparison between different service ideas and opinion for the project
- Many various factors, such as risk management, capital and project cost, management analysis, and different environmental facts.
- When it comes to civil consultancy, it includes many urban and land development plans along with generating different and the best possible facilities
- Public involvement is also one of the services provided, the owner of the project need new concepts and ideas for explaining and involving the public with him
- When dealt with mechanical, the services can include selection and testing of materials, specialized equipment selection and employing people with supervising them for the project
- Evaluation and examination of the existing materials and rating them accordingly is one of the services
- They have some professional services like designing, bidding, and construction
- Further, they analyze the report based on the study and explain aspects such as financial requirements to the project
Market analysis of the engineering consulting business
If business was a sport, then the market is the playing ground where it is performed. Any type of business needs a demand to complete, and for a growing activity, it needs to expand and grow.
Potentially we as an engineering consulting firm have a lot of different markets to target. According to the direction, we are there for planning and designing services. We not help the designs of the project with our innovative ideas but also give a proper plan to execute it. The trend shows that most of the inputs in the market come from architectural designing, then comes the structural design, and lastly, the mechanical and electrical designing.
The most important market for our firm would be the structural and the architectural designing companies as they need the inputs and detailed analysis of their projects.
- For engineering, architectural, and structural firms- most of the customers for our firms are from these companies. The market in these firms have a great need for consulting services; the inputs with ideas, planning, design, and structural development are well-known works out there. Even financial management is one of the aspects
- Some government departments need the help of consultations firms with projects such as construction, forensic engineering, or structural management. We would like to present ourselves as a firm standing out there with consultation services for projects such as management and restoration.
- Law-related works are also one of our market targets. We would like to provide our expertise in fields such as mediation, arbitration and many more which would be assisted by forensic engineering
- Private individuals and realtors- we would like to provide services regarding home inspection for those people who are renovating or fixing their hose up with modern equipment
- Bodies such as Municipal Corporation also might be one of our markets. Since we are not only interested in business but also promoting it and expanding our market. Bodies such as, municipal cooperation have a vast access to people, if we can collaborate with such organizations and try to help them out. Technically, they can be one of our advertising bodies and not only this much since they work for the government and if they approve you to be a legitimate body, we can attract young students, who are interested in engineering as carrier and teach them for their benefit, which ultimately makes more and more name in the market.
Our main business targets are all the companies and firms, whether government, private, or individual ventures, who are looking for some expertise in their projects. The main objectives generally would be the substantial architectural and structural firms looking for support with their plans for ideas, designs, and financial planning. Other destinations can be electrical and mechanical firms, bodies like municipal cooperation, government structures, and law firms.
To price and bill for a project, which you will be working on is a difficult task. Often the customers can be confusing depending upon their expectation for the price, and one can find it too high and unaffordable while for the other it might be well within the reach
Clients can compare two of the providers but usually goes on what they hear from the market, which makes an essential point of standing in the market with the right name. When reasonable concessions are given with satisfactory work, customers will return to you for the next job, and also the recommendation of your work will create chances in the market.
excellent work, competent advice. Alex is very friendly, great communication. 100% I recommend CGS capital. Thank you so much for your hard work!
The primary components of strategy of our business will keep growing and expanding the company in the market. The primary market strategy for the company would include the promotion and spread of the business. Good strategies, along with management for understanding the budgets, can solve your problems easily.
When it comes to internet and web promotion, we will try to maximize the flow of users to our website with efficient advertisements and campaigns like email campaigns. One of the best ways to connect with customers is to meet them directly. We will try advertising in a limited budget by giving technical supports to NGOs and campaigning in local communities and schools.
It is something that is the best way to rate and know where your business is lacking. Comparing another such firm who has similar services to offer allows you to understand how to overcome things which make you lag. Since you are competing and analyzing yourself, it makes you grow with double speed as it would be the combined inputs of both you and the one which you are getting from your competitor. When you analyze on this basis, it makes your market growth, which ultimately makes your business grow.
Sales monthly and annual are the analysis of the growth of your company in months and years. Regularly the gross margin is expected to be the same all over and will remain constant; with time passing by, it might increase, but it is going to be persistent.
For yearly sales, the first year n is expected to be moreover a constant one, the second year might show fluctuations, and in the third, we expect a growth in gross margin. During this time, the business might need some extra cost input, which disrupts the graph sometimes, but in most cases, it same.
The sales forecast is a summary of the sales and layout of the business in months and years. The sales in months and years are expressed in such estimates. This forecast shows a constant deal typically for three years in a successfully running business with a slow start for the first year. When we talk of the third year, the gross margin likely will increase, but don’t lose your patience and be there to support the business.
A company is a roof that is supported by the strong pillars of the employees working out there. The company staff, which gives you support and confidence to be there out at the market, is one of the main reasons why a venture becomes successful. If the team does this much for you, makes the backbone of your company secure, then they deserve appreciation, which may be in ways of good and justified salary.
The average salary of employees
The average salary of the employees should be adequate to justify their works when an employee gets what he deserves; he gives his best for the company. It creates a healthy environment and a happy workplace for the people out there. The average salary should justify what one does for a company, and most importantly, the employees should have the respect they deserve.
We have assumed the economy be healthy and without a recession. We believe the creation of the company will not change the delivery of engineering services. Different taxes and interest rates are taken as conservative assumptions.
A break-even analysis helps you compare total variable and fixed costs with sales revenues to determine the level of sales volume. Charts and graphs can show it, and it is the number of sales, which we need to cover the cost, and we don’t think that before a few months such things would happen.
Projected profit and loss
The projected profit and loss for the first financial year are considered much less, and the gross margin was taken high. As the years pass by and the business is in the second, and the third year the growth can be seen, and gross margin should readily increase
Profit monthly with our business is moreover seen constant. The profit margins seen every month are next to the same in the initial financial years.
It is the profit of the business in a financial year. In the first year the profit is not expected to be high, the second year remains to fluctuate, and good profits can be appreciated until the third financial year.
Gross margin monthly
Gross margin monthly is the gross profit the company will make in a month. The gross margin monthly is not estimated to be high in our business in the initial months.
Gross margin yearly
This is the gross profit made by our company annually. In other words, the sales from the business minus the gross cost. In our business, the first year is not expected to give a great gross margin. However, a steep increase can be expected during the third year.
Projected cash flow
The projected cash flow is an essential aspect of the project. With the starting of the business, one should have ready cash inflow, and sometimes an increase in capital investment to boost up the industry is needed. The first periods are often critical, and at this time, a company needs support.
Projected balance sheet
The balance sheet in our business shows healthy financial growth and an increase in the net worth. It shows growth in gross income and increasing business.
It is the ratio indicating if our business is growing or indirectly if we have many to pay our credit holders or not. Our company shows a good ratio, which means we are running out of adequate cash flow.
I hope you got some ideas on how to start with a business in engineering consulting services. Collect your idea and accurately put them for the best result. Thanks for reading!
Download Engineering Consulting Business Plan Sample in PDF
OGScapital staff also specialize in compiling business plans such as HVAC business plan , interior design business plan , construction company business plan , architecture firm business plan and etc.
OGSCapital’s team has assisted thousands of entrepreneurs with top-rate business plan development, consultancy and analysis. They’ve helped thousands of SME owners secure more than $1.5 billion in funding, and they can do the same for you.
E-mail is already registered on the site. Please use the Login form or enter another .
You entered an incorrect username or password
mentioned in the press:
Search the site:
OGScapital website is not supported for your current browser. Please use:
- Resume Experts
- Search Jobs
- Search for Talent
- Employer Branding
- Resume Samples
- Business Development
Business Development Consultant Resume Samples
The guide to resume tailoring.
Guide the recruiter to the conclusion that you are the best candidate for the business development consultant job. It’s actually very simple. Tailor your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from the examples below and then add your accomplishments. This way, you can position yourself in the best way to get hired.
Craft your perfect resume by picking job responsibilities written by professional recruiters
Pick from the thousands of curated job responsibilities used by the leading companies, tailor your resume & cover letter with wording that best fits for each job you apply.
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
- Develop strong internal relationships with our account management, product management, investment and operations teams, and senior management
- Engage in new business development and funnel management activities with focus on M2M vertical market developments
- Establish and maintain ‘watch list’ for future development, with early relationship established
- Lead ANZ Business Develop Management Team meetings and strategy development
- Develop and manage relationships with Financial Networks, Regional Issuers and Digital Wallet Partners
- Create event registration pages in Certain, the Event Management System, and manage event communications plans
- Work closely with Sales Engineers to provide the right solution to the customer
- Provides feedback on marketing campaigns based on information gathered, to help shape campaigns
- Provide product and solution information to prospective and current customers
- Develop and maintain solid knowledge of SimCorp, product offerings and solution features/benefits
- Develop and maintain solid knowledge of SimCorp, our product offerings, and solution features/benefits
- Provide product and solution information to prospective and current customers,
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing staff to ensure that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners
- Manages target recruitment for SimCorp marketing events and other campaigns to nurture prospect and client interest
- Logging opportunities in pipeline tool and reporting specific lead activities
- Maintaining ongoing customer relationships to insure customer satisfaction and future opportunities
- Working with a team to develop a comprehensive proposal that includes technical solutions, financial solutions, and overall cost savings
- Consulting with customers to develop product awareness, adoption, and subsequent transactional revenue
- Developing and implementing market growth strategies that define value for geographical and market aligned clients
- Establishing target list and short range strategies to attain key business plan objectives of new and conversion sales
- Providing quotes and negotiating price options and explaining contractual obligations to potential customers
- In-depth understanding of the financial industry, specifically Retail Brokerage
- Strong ability to communicate complex ideas to the lay person
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong ability to speak in a public setting to large audiences
- Solid, persuasive and genuine communication, facilitation and relationship building skills
- Excellent ability to establish and work to priorities while managing multiple work streams
- Very high attention to detail
- Strong grasp of the professional/relationship sales process
- Proven project and business management skills
- Proven leadership abilities
15 Business Development Consultant resume templates
Read our complete resume writing guides
How to tailor your resume, how to make a resume, how to mention achievements, work experience in resume, 50+ skills to put on a resume, how and why put hobbies, top 22 fonts for your resume, 50 best resume tips, 200+ action words to use, internship resume, killer resume summary, write a resume objective, what to put on a resume, how long should a resume be, the best resume format, how to list education, cv vs. resume: the difference, include contact information, resume format pdf vs word, how to write a student resume, business development consultant resume examples & samples.
- In-depth knowledge of RBC is preferred
- Brokerage experience is an asset
- French or other languages is an asset
- Understanding of HTML and Web technologies is a strong asset
- Maintain constant communication with the customer to ensure you know how they are using the Rackspace portfolio
- A minimum of 3 - 7 years successful installed base business sales experience
- B2B Sales experience
- Knowledgeable in professional sales training and sales process
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to generate and qualify excellent customer leads
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred
- Sales experience in a technology related industry preferred
Business Development Consultant Latam Resume Examples & Samples
- Be responsible for full cycle sales from lead to close
- Experience of strategic selling at Executive and Board level
- Able to work to a monthly target and be able to effectively communicate over the phone, through email and face-to-face
- Superior negotiation skills
- Goal oriented with superior work ethic
- Proven territory / vertical market sales development skills
Senior Business Development Consultant Institution Services Resume Examples & Samples
- Industry related knowledge
- Investment/institution industry experience
- Strong sales aptitude hihgly preferred
- Develop appropriate marketing campaign proposal for clients by analyzing data collected from Cox Media enterprise research applications and tools
- Work independently in the field calling on prospective clients to interest them in on-air advertising
- Strategically identify new prospects using multiple sources of sales leads (other media, internal and external networking, and investigating new and expanding businesses)
- Meet with prospective clients in person to collect information required to assess their advertising needs, to estimate the amount of potential business the account represents and when the sale will close
- Leverage the position of Cox and the media products it offers to educate clients and influence their marketing strategies
- Plan and coordinate the smooth transition of new accounts to a member of the team who will provide ongoing client care, service, and future account development and retention
- Create a seamless customer experience through keeping client database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with clients
- 3 years business-to-business sales experience with quotas
Business Development Consultant & South Resume Examples & Samples
- A proven track record working with key accounts and the industry, either from a sales or education perspective is essential
- Presents confidently and demonstrates the ability to convince others
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Focused on achieving objectives, able to adjust priorities, manage time, follow up on actions
- Takes responsibility beyond scope of role
- Strategic vision to help drive growth
Smb Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Meet and exceed monthly sales quota through outbound/ inbound leads strategically selling the company’s various propositions to new prospects and existing customers in a consultative manner. o Develop and execute appropriate company sales strategy to achieve the monthly sales quota. o Proactively generate, qualify and close new business opportunities within a book of apx. 100 accounts. o Responsible for full sales cycle from strategic engagement, generating lead to closure and handover. o Work collaboratively with Solutions Engineers and account teams to perform technical feasibility assessments and host workshops to ensure that Rackspace solutions meet the customer’s present needs and support their future growth requirements. o Develop and present account development plans. o Maintain clear business understanding of a customers business needs and how Rackspace fits in with them – where appropriate drive Rackspace product teams to develop new propositions. o Engage with channel partners to find and develop new opportunities. o Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedure as directed
- Proven successful commercial experience of achieving targets within a strategic sales environment, incorporating value/solutions service selling ideally within the IT/ Technology sector (e.g. IT/ software/ ecommerce services, web/ application/ platform hosting, managed services, virtualization, datacentre, SaaS, Cloud computing, Co-location, ISP and Telcos)
- Proven territory development skills. Must be able to generate, qualify and close business opportunities
- Excellent rapport building skills via the phone, email and face to face to ensure the effective delivery of proposals
- Demonstrable ability to develop rapport and solution sell into board level contacts within SMB businesses
Enterprise Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Meet and exceed monthly sales quota
- Develop and present major account strategies
- Proactively generate, qualify and close new business opportunities within your customer base
- Responsible for full sales cycle from proactively generating lead to close
- Management of the quality of overall deliverables and pursuit strategy throughout the whole sales process
- Work closely with Solutions Engineers to perform presales feasibility assessments of how well Rackspace solutions meet the customer requirements and what customisation would be required
- Maintain clear business understanding of your customers business needs and how Rackspace fits in with them – where appropriate drive Rackspace product teams to develop new propositions
- Building and maintaining strategic account plans for focus accounts
- Understand, engage and develop relationships with other partners engaged within Customer base
- Engage with channel partners to find and develop new opportunities
- Generate case studies and Customer focussed PR activity to highlight Rackspace’s capabilities across it’s prospect base
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedure as directed
- Individual Monthly MRR Target
- Net Promoter Score Target
- Pipeline size and growth
- Close ratios
- Revenue retention targets for renewals
- Demonstrable ability to develop rapport and solution sell into board level contacts within Enterprise businesses
- Proven successful commercial experience of achieving targets within a strategic sales environment, incorporating value/solutions service selling ideally within the IT/ Technology sector (e.g. IT/ software/ ecommerce services, web/ application/ platform hosting, managed services, virtualization, datacenter, SaaS, Cloud computing, Co-location, ISP)
- Strong full life cycle B2B sales experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed targets in the shape of KPIs and a monthly revenue quota
- Responding to RFIs, RFQs and working with peers on negotiating and drafting commercial contracts
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of business needs for the accounts by driving discussions with CIOs, CFOs, CEOs and LoB heads of Fortune 1000 enterprises
- Translate business needs into a cloud reference architecture and 2-3 year journey
- Collaborate with cloud sales leaders and account team in account planning and drive / deploy the cloud architecture in the account
- Collaborate with Cloud Pre-sales to design and deploy proof of concepts to support use cases through the journey
- Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish HP's consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels – business needs served, new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics
- Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives
- Provide customer needs input to product management on an on-going basis
- 12+ years of experience with sales and pre-sales in IT hardware or software consulting
- 3 - 5 years experience in selling Cloud solution
- 7 - 10 years experience on competitive portfolio solutions
- 7- 10 years experience in project management
- 7- 10 years of experience in customer facing responsibilities in consulting or presales function
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively senior customer interaction (including C-suite) and broad portfolio selling at Fortune 1000 enterprises
- Viewed as expert in given field by customers and/or industry analysts
- Recognized Cloud technology leader; with strong combination of consultative, technology and business acumen
- Strong executive presence; experience engaging C-level executives at Fortune 1000 enterprises
- Deep understanding of current day customer business/technology requirements and spectrum of journeys (traditional to cloud/hybrid)
- Subject matter expert in cloud and associated architectures/technologies
- Vertical expertise preferred (e.g., financial - BFSI, telecom, public sector, healthcare)
- Preferred strong understanding/knowledge of HP Converged Cloud portfolio (build and consume) including HP and partner solutions
- Knowledge of competitive portfolio solutions
- Ability to work with & navigate across business groups in large technology vendors
- Ability to leverage other teams to support objectives
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with complex solutions
- Considerable knowledge of the Fortune 1000 enterprises infrastructure and architecture
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy
- Understands the leverage of services as part of strategic portfolio of products. Promotes services as part of all strategic opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions
Autonomy Professional Service Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Works with focused program managers to drive business growth both in existing and new market segments and accounts
- Rigorously qualifies opportunities for active pursuit based on the probability of success and the intelligent allocation of HP’s resources
- Educates account team about HPS service solutions to increase their understanding and appreciation of its contribution to overall client account retention and HP profitability
- Help Sales to position the value of the support service program
- Manage lead generation activities of the business program
- Fulfill a coaching/mentoring role towards the countries to help build local business development skills
- Develops client relationships and interest over the span of lengthy large deal cycles and continually builds & reinforces client’s perception of HP as a credible partner through active persuasion and education
- Move towards Sole Source
- Actively educates & engages with others (EAMs, CBMs, Account team, Engagement Managers, Solution Architects, etc.) on HPS business solutions, deal requirements & challenges to facilitate effective RFP/RFI responses, successful closes and client satisfaction
- Crafts pursuit strategies that masterfully guide account team pursuit activities across often lengthy sales cycles
- Acts as lead for coaching/mentoring other GTM team members
- Works closely with the product sales team to drive large joint software and services deals in strategic and named accounts
- Over 7 years of experience in selling large (7 figure) enterprise consulting deals in the Fortune 1000 customer base
- Proven experience of selling to “C-Level” and other Senior Executives and successfully conveying and securing buy in on the HP messaging and positioning, leading to opportunity closure and/or expansion
- Extensive experience in pipeline management, large and/or complex deal pursuit and qualification
- Ability to understand business needs quickly and articulate solution benefits/ROI
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree
- Experience in vertical industry preferred
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of HP's technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies
- Knowledgeable in competitive solutions knowledge
- Links HP solutions with data business center needs to create customer business value
- Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems
- Applies productivity-enhancing tools and processes
- Solid credibility with HP's business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions
- Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers
- Has a high level understanding of the HP product roadmaps for multiple BU's, and deep knowledge in area of specialization
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with some of the technology
- Leverages financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment concepts in demonstrating business value of proposed solutions to customers
- Creates solutions that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements
- Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
- Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges
- Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives
- Leverages strong understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive advantage for HP
Business Development Consultant, HP Software Resume Examples & Samples
- Develops long term (18-48 month) sales pipeline to increase HP's market share in the public sector (Primarily federal)
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities for customer value by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit in the public sector
- Provide support to the Public Sector Account Managers. Set direction for business development and solution replication
- Sell complex products or solutions to customers on a partnership basis. May act as a dedicated resource to a few strategic accounts
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, including the C-level for public sector accounts by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within the public sector
- Maintain and use overall cross-portfolio knowledge to support account leads with integration of solutions
- Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish HP' consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities
- Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executive
- University or Bachelor's degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred
- C-Level experience preferred (CIO/CTO)
- Prior consultative experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer
- Considered a mentor of selling strategy, including designing strategy
- Typically 12+ years of related IT Senior Management experience (C-level)
- Is considered a master in knowledge of IT products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large, complex solutions
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution
- In-depth knowledge of public sector (Federal and Provincial) business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure
- Considerable industry knowledge of the IT infrastructure and architecture
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving services sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving full portfolio including hardware, software and services needed for the customer's requirements
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream
- Uses C-level engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to offer value-add solutions to the client
- Excellent project oversight skills
- Works with the account team to build an effective account plan and strategy to drive incremental revenue in the account
- Successful partner engagement experience. Works effectively with our partners to drive additional revenue
- Understand and sells high value software solutions
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage HP's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition
- Works with ISS & BCS product managers & channel partners to drive business growth both in existing and new market segments and accounts
- Rigorously qualifies opportunities for active pursuit based on the probability of success and the Intelligent allocation of HP’s resources
- Continually builds & reinforces client’s perception of HP as a credible Services partner
- Consultatively positions HP TSS early in deals to influence client strategy
- Educates account teams and channel partners about HP TSS attach service portfolio to increase their understanding and appreciation of its contribution to overall client account retention and HP profitability
- Help ESSN & Channel Sales to position the value of the HP TSS attach service portfolio
- The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option
- Problems may be complex and can require the incumbent to develop solutions
- The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results
- Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc
- The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated
- This position is responsible for managing the assigned Product Portfolio by
- Compiling monthly and annual Long-term forecasts through the S&OP process
- Analyzes monthly forecast input, presents findings, and participates in S&OP meetings
- Monitors and sets stocking levels to support the lane strategy
- Monitors inventory levels and turns and makes the necessary adjustments required
- Supports and actively participates on NPI teams
- Manages the content of the Price Lists
- Supports the ETO (Engineer To Order) process by determining existing product offering, technical support, creates concept drawing, and pricing of ETO products
- Tracks product margin targets
- Maintains transfer pricing for internal and external customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- At least 8 years of design engineering work experience
- Experience with 3-D modeling such as Pro-E, Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc
- Project Management Experience
- Strong computer skills for collecting, analyzing, and presenting information (MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of Sales & Operation Planning (S&OP)
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and/or SAP
- Experience using Microsoft Office - Access
- Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders
Senior Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Under general direction of leadership, this individual will be responsible for interfacing with customers prior to and/or after sale
- Primary responsibility is to sell the company's products or services and generally responsible for finding and generating new customers
- Representing the company to the customer and the customer to the company in sales-related matters; understanding of customer's business and product requirements is necessary
- Following up new business opportunities, planning and preparing on site and virtual customer engagements, attending trade shows, supporting Hack Day events, etc
- Closing sales; goal is to meet profitability and growth objectives
- The position coordinates across functions within the company to ensure customer contract requirements and new commercial agreements are executed and implementation hand-offs are handled appropriately and in a timely manner
- This position has authority to substantially affect the relationship between the company and a customer, from both a financial standpoint and product standpoint
- Minimum 5 years related sales and/or business development experience required
- Must possess advanced computer software knowledge as well as online commerce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to handle multiple engagements simultaneously required
Medicaid Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Serve as a consultant to internal clients by analyzing each situation; recognizes and identifies opportunities for improved outcomes, contributes to the development of corporate and market programs
- Deep understanding of Medicaid and experience with integration of new business models into an existing platform
- Develop and execute implementation plans based on state contractual requirements
- Develop and execute programs to analyze and improve market and operational performance
- Develop company capability for sustained, integrated partner models
- Develop deep understanding of Medicaid business models and state based contracts; direct the implementation activities for a team
- Define sign off processes for workstream leads within the program planning
- Document and communicate Operating Model overarching decisions and timelines
- Establish Program level tools (Program status, milestone tracker, RAID, etc.)
- Establish and implement standard tools for Pillar Leads (Milestone Tracking, Status Reporting, Project Plans, Decision Log)
- Develop detailed contingency plans
- Socialize project plan feedback and ensure feedback is addressed by workstream owners in project plans
- Schedule and facilitate ongoing sessions with workstream owners to discuss and refine workstream integration and comprehensive project plan
- Report milestones, status, decisions to executive sponsors
- 3 - 5 years in Medicare, Medicaid, or related role
- 1 - 3 years of experience with strategic and/or data analytics
- Strong attention to detail and focus on process and quality
- Ability to lead project teams and drive deliverables to completion
- Ability to identify gaps in process performance and recommend process improvements
- Ability to work with internal support groups to drive business results
- Success developing working relationships within a highly matrixed business environment
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines in a high stress environment
- Flexible scheduling (i.e. – occasional nights and weekends)
- 1 - 3 years of experience in Medicaid Business or Policy
- Experience interacting with state and/or federal government programs
- Prospect and qualification of wireless M2M and solution opportunities including direct customer engagement and needs assessment to develop technical and business requirements
- M2M prospect funnel by region / segment / vertical
- Build go to market plan by segment – target setting by region / segment
- Sell industry leading wireless solutions, and to develop an M2M funnel and generate M2M sales independently
- Represent Bell at various Industry and Association events, facilitate and manage customer seminars and workshops
- Liaison with other teams and business units within Bell to leverage resources required to deliver packaged and customized solutions Interface with key vendors and hardware marketing for solutions and applications implementation
- Develop and deliver presentations and proposals for wireless data solutions including responding to RFP’s
- Training and technical resource for all business sales channels
- Support the launch of new wireless business solutions
- Provide pre-sales support regarding products and service
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in sales
- Committed to continual growth and training on wireless solutions, networks, applications, and integration requirements for mobile devices or Machine based hardware
- Ability to take self-initiative to drive the next step with an sales opportunity and ensure all stakeholders are in alignment of the step
- Telecommunications experience including superior analytical skills, solid business acumen and strong customer focus and experience in working with external customers
- Be able to communicate effectively and give presentations to various audiences
- Be able to work effectively with virtual and multidisciplinary team
- Ability to apply technology to create business solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of IT
- Bilingual: French and English
- A University degree in business or any related field is an asset
Business Development Consultant Safety & Security Resume Examples & Samples
- Take the lead in analyzing, planning and designing comprehensive and complex technical solutions addressing customer needs within Safety and Security domain. In cooperation with Regional account teams you translate the customer needs into solution and services offering growing the global sales funnel
- Pro-actively engage with customers to position Ericsson as a trusted partner thru your expertise in designing solutions that lead to further development and improvement of the customers’ e-g organizations or processes enhancing their competitive position
- Drive development of services and solutions based on market needs, leveraging own and cross competence domains. Actively provide feedback on market insights on customer needs, market development and competitive situation to enhance the development of our offerings and value propositions
- Establish and maintain contacts with key decision makers in the customer organization on C-level in order to contribute to higher sales volumes
- Maintain knowledge of key competitor’s and their future direction, and actively drive the translation of industry needs and trends into the development of a competitive portfolio in Safety & Security
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the customer solutions work with and manage customized solutions including new 3rd party products
- Provide technical sales support and maintain knowledge of the complete services portfolio and solution offerings within Safety & Security
- Drive the global building of assets, including development and re-use of offerings, processes, methods and tools
- Contribute actively to best practice sharing and knowledge management in the regional and global Industry & Society community. This entails actively train and educate in the service portfolio
- Contribute to a professional services culture and way of working characterized by strong customer focus, proactive attitude, teamwork, and strong performance ethics
- Teamed with the Vice President, Business Development Consultant in a defined territory to identify and recruit new banks and credit unions to
- Minimum Education Required: 4 year college degree
- Minimum Experience Required: 2+ years of inside or outside sales experience with demonstrated success in selling a value-based product
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Familiarity of contact management systems. Advanced Experience with Standard MS Office Applications (ex. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Daily interaction with VP Consultants as well as VP & SVP of Business Development
- Daily interaction with prospects within territory
- Must be able to thrive with a demanding, results oriented department where changing priorities and time sensitive tasks disrupt daily operation
- Requires a highly organized self-starter with a developed sense of time management, ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, ability complete tasks to high standards, and manage personal productivity
- An upbeat personality, polished professional demeanor, strong verbal communication and relationship building skills are also all extremely important
- Sources, solicits and develops new affiliations by initiating outbound calls, responding to incoming calls and inquiries, sending out materials and visiting prospects to meet specific recruiting goals
- Establishes relationships with prospective advisors, provides consultation and education regarding platform of choice or acquisition opportunities
- Establishes and maintains a prospect database
- May provide training in developing relationship with investment advisors and/or financial planners
- May manage the process of advisor succession planning and counsel advisor's on the establishment of a successful succession plan
- May coach and mentor others
- Principles of finance and securities industry operations
- Sourcing and developing prospects
- Developing business development and/or practice acquisitions strategies
- Initiating sales calls and responding to inquiries and turning them into sales and/or practice acquisition opportunities
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different prospects/target audiences into marketing and sales strategies
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to operations
- Plan, assign, monitor, review, evaluate and lead the work of others; coach and mentor others
- You will act as a business consultant, developing your business plans for growth and carry out regular business reviews, identifying client needs
- You have the opportunity to win new business and open new accounts that meet the brands premium criteria
- Tailor and deliver education plans in accounts
- Ensure customer files are maintained. Complete all required administration in a timely and accurate manner, including updating client information
- Develop key opinion leaders in your area
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the marketplace, brands and customers to ensure effective market intelligence
- Network with colleagues across the Active Cosmetics Division to share best practice
- Involvement in inductions for new colleagues
- Actively looks for new solutions, creates new ideas
- Is aware of and takes responsibility for implications of decisions
Corp Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Support the CBDMs in business tasks during the M&A processes including
- Lead on certain aspects of the development of strategic and opportunity analysis, transaction development, deal execution and optimization of the M&A processes
- Collaborate with acquiring Business Units and Corporate Business Analysis
- Lead certain aspects of the development of project investment proposals
- Expert understanding of Caterpillar’s business and accounting practices, systems and procedures
- Participate on M&A teams and lead sub-teams
- Recommend to the CBDMs as he/she makes decisions related to valuation in areas such as estimation of revenue, costs, margins, tax, accounting implications, etc
- Analyze relevant target data, paying attention to potential synergies, integration costs, risks, or other important business factors, and follows the internal governance process in order to successfully close the proposed transaction
- Bulid collaborative networks with related subject matter experts within Caterpillar such as legal, tax, HR, accounting, or other relevant areas in performing the due diligence
- Demonstrate very strong knowledge of M&A related issues
- Exhibit a willingness to travel for both domestic and international business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance/corporate finance, accounting, economics, or mathematics
- 10 years of M&A, transition consulting related experience is required
- Advanced English skill, can speak, read, write and comprehend fluently
- A MBA program is highly disireble
- Consultative Selling Skills
- Financial Understanding
- Competitor Understanding
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience and proven track record of technical sales support in the ICT professional services business focusing of National Security and Public Safety
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience and proven track record in systems engineering lifecycle from initial scoping of requirements, through analysis, design, implementation and support of ICT systems focusing on National Security and Public Safety. This should ideally include having had responsibility as chief engineer/solution architect for large scale integration projects involving sensors / information systems / command and control for NSPS or defence agencies
- Well established personal network within customers and partners in the National Security and Public Safety sector on the regional market
- Solid understanding of customer strategic plans, eco systems, regulatory environment, major stakeholders and requirements for First Responders, eg police, fire, rescue, Public Safety Answering Points, eg 112/911 Emergency Response centers, National Disaster Coordination Centers and Border / Coast Guard organizations
- Able to create and communicate NSPS system descriptions, functionality, use-cases and customer benefits in a non-technical manner
- Experience and strong ability to engage with C-level in a consultative manner. Expert in listening, scoping and expanding customer issue into technical solutions generating sales
- Strong commercial acumen including profound ability in analysing and translating customer needs into concrete technical solutions resulting in revenue offerings
- Creative in terms of ability to see and make things in a new or different way, capability of developing inspiration, innovation or insight
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interface with all levels of the organization and an established relevant network within Ericsson
- Willing and available to travel frequently
- Fluent in English and ideally local language
- University degree in Business, or Engineering/ICT. Higher university such as an MBA considered a merit
- Proven track record in Sales managing key accounts is essential with strong experience in delivering training. Experience working in the Aesthetics Industry and/or Dermatology a definite advantage
- Focused on delivering results, able to adjust priorities, manage time, follow up on actions
- Excel and Powerpoint literate
- Working through targeted call lists supported by Marketing
- Meet and exceed monthly sales quota through outbound/ inbound leads strategically selling the company’s various propositions to new prospects and existing customers in a consultative manner
- Develop and execute appropriate company sales strategy to achieve the monthly sales quota
- Proactively generate, qualify and close new business opportunities
- Responsible for full sales cycle from strategic engagement, generating lead to closure and handover
- Work collaboratively with Solutions Engineers and Product Specialists to ensure Rackspace propose the most technically and commercially suitable solution that meets the customers needs
- Organise and profile a large customer base of small business accounts
- Maintain clear business understanding of a customers business needs and how Rackspace fits in with them – where appropriate drive Rackspace product teams to develop new propositions
- Proactively generate, qualify and close new business opportunities within a book of accounts
- Work collaboratively with Solutions Engineers and account teams to perform technical feasibility assessments and host workshops to ensure that Rackspace solutions meet the customer’s present needs and support their future growth requirements
- Develop and present account development plans
- Ability to build and gain customer engagement and sign off on strategic account development plans
- Demonstrable ability to develop rapport and solution sell into board level contacts within SMB – Mid Market Businesses
- Proven ability to prioritise and work on a number of opportunities at any time within a challenging monthly driven cycle. A key area here is the ability to drive longer term strategic opportunities whilst working transactional business to deliver the monthly target
- Professional sales training and sales process knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or relevant commercial experience
- Responsible for the overall customer relationship, including: strategic planning, revenue growth targets, support delivery, financial management and all operations necessary to profitably retain, grow and service the customer
- A minimum of 5+ years successful installed base B2B sales experience
- Goal oriented with superior work ethic and negotiation skills
- Excellent strategic planning, financial management, communication, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales, or marketing required
- Broad knowledge of strategic customer relationship management within the technology services field with strong leadership skills
HCS Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Ability to identify and pursue business leads with revenue generation front of mind
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent public speaking experience in all size groups and environments
- Excellent work habits - follows established policies and procedures
- ECFC, IHC and other industry certification(s)
- An understanding of the ACA and how it continues to impact the healthcare payments and benefit markets
- Define sales strategy and drive revenue growth: One of the key tasks for the individual will be to provide sales leadership to the organization to aggressively expand the IBM professional services business and solidify IBM-GBS presence in Malaysia. S/he will need to develop, implement and administer the short-term as well as long-term business strategy, identify market opportunities and develop a compelling set of propositions to help drive customer acquisition and revenue growth. Selling into the Malaysia market place will be the primary focus of the role and the individual will need to ensure that the right solutions, right resources and business plans are in place to win this business
- Effectively manage client relationships: Candidate will be required to play a key role in maintaining and developing client relationships at the CXO level and leading the sales and delivery of large deals with clients. Candidate would need to bring the necessary gravitas and energy in leading the business development efforts of the company. Candidate will be expected to play an active role in building domain and functional credibility with key external customers by demonstrating industry depth, articulating IBM GBS value proposition, and creating comfort and confidence in the company’s capabilities. Candidate will also be entrusted with the important task to nurture, grow and further develop a portfolio of long-term customer relationships in the domain, resulting in repeat business. High degree of customer centricity would be critical in continuing to grow existing accounts as well as for winning new customers
- Effectively manage and deliver projects with end-to-end responsibility: The GTM will be expected to be hands on and responsible for ensuring that suitable operational and business controls discipline is established and maintained throughout the sales and delivery organization, such that on-time and to-spec delivery expectations are consistently met and surpassed.ERBP
- Drives IBM dominance as trusted advisor to the Company’s top decision-makers
- Develop relationships with key client stakeholders (as identified by Lead Account Partner) to become their trusted advisor, develop relationships with key decision makers aligned with IBM initiatives and strategy for the client
- Own and manage development and delivery of GBS-led solutions and deals
- Drive business outcomes that make the client and IBM successful (mutual success)
- Measure IBM’s value delivery and communicate IBM’s value add to the client at regular intervals
- Earn client’s trust, starts with strong delivery to over-delivering in every client exchange
- Provide insight to manage client opportunities and needs (e.g., resourcing)
- Know first-hand the range of GBS and IBM offerings and capabilities that allow us to deliver superior outcomes to my client
- Developing a strong cross-brand network and day-to-day working relationships to deliver on my client’s needs like no other
- Know what can’t be said by others (compelling case for IBM)
- Complete the contracting process once a prospect has been qualified
- Keep Xerox Services aware of the customer’s opinion on the effectiveness and quality of the Xerox Services products and services
- Resolve all customer and Xerox Services disputes, concerns and/or questions
- Names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and other appropriate information
- Call records of all contacts with customers and prospects including the dates, activities, agreements, and other information as may be appropriate
- Update active sales opportunities weekly with close date, amount, and next step
- Actively participate in weekly sales call with VP of Sales. Weekly topics include, but are not limited to, information such as
- Contracts to be presented
- Minimum 5 years Regional and /or territorial quota based sales experience
- Pharmaceutical brand/advertising sales experience or
Business Development Consultant Northeast Resume Examples & Samples
- Maintain involvement and serve as the customer liaison during the service development process in order to enable and maintain communications consistency with the customer and to support the efforts of the Xerox Services Project Manager
- In addition to the above specific activities, the Business Development Consultant may be asked to perform other activities from time to time. It is expected that he/she will respond in a cooperative manner and perform as a ‘team player’ when requested by the management of Xerox Services to assist them
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- National retail pharmacy account experience
- Excellent understanding of adviser needs, the financial planning industry and our group positioning
- Ability to influence, via phone, across all levels to facilitate and implement initiatives
- Industry and sales experience essential (circa 12 -24 months)
- The ability to learn product lines and competently represent them to an adviser
- Intermediate relationship management and interpersonal skills
Cybersecurity & Biometrics Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- You will interface with customers and industry teams across the Public Sector (DoD/IC, DHS, Federal Agencies, Healthcare and State and Local) to identify, qualify, influence, shape and expand C&B opportunities
- You will also involve in capture strategy, design and proposal activities to ensure a final win
- You will also work with C&B members on establishing marketing messages and branding of service offerings for go to market. Individual will lead the conference event coordination and planning
- For new C&B solution and offerings, you will be responsible for developing the go to market strategy and support related activities
- Assess and build effective customer relationships both externally and throughout the organization
- Continue to evolve C&B marketable brand
- Ability to penetrate new markets and close business
- Ability to identify, shape, qualify and win new business opportunities
- Ability to establish market focused growth strategies
- Develop and growing the new business pipeline
- Capture profitable and strategic new business
- Build strong internal and external teams
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Business Acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Proclivity towards teaming and collaboration
- A track record of significant successful cybersecurity business development and capture experience within industry base
- Experience in the management of multiple levels of constituents
- An aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture and proposal management and teaming · Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external senior executives
- Knowledge and experience in the federal acquisition process to include knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations
- CISSP, CISM and/or CISA Certifications
- Security clearance of TS/SCI
- Understanding of Cyber and Biometrics programs, New Business capture and market development
- Federal government, DoD/IC Cybersecurity Business development experience strongly desired
- Ability to develop pipeline, win strategies, teaming strategies and innovative growth into the Cyber solutions business
Health & Benefits Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Initiate and participate in new business opportunities for a wide range of clients, including the continued development of existing distribution channels within the various business segments of Aon Corporation
- Develop and execute a successful business development strategy
- Work with colleagues and in-house sales teams to lead or participate in the completion of requests for proposals/information in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to expand market awareness, driving demand for consulting services, and increasing revenue of the Health & Benefits practice
- Establish, cultivate and expand relationships with current and new clients
- Proactively review available client distribution channels and vet out and pursue new revenue opportunities
- Identify opportunities related to customer needs and develop strategic methodology for solving problems
- Provide guidance and support to a wide range of small to mid-size clients with decisions pertaining to organizational health and benefits needs
- Develop strong understanding of all current and emerging solutions
- Write / deliver client presentations/meetings/industry seminars that are well-prepared, powerful and persuasive; and
- Partner with group benefits consulting colleagues as they serve their clients and identify new and innovative ways to drive value for Aon clients
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in a group benefits, insurance or related industry
- Demonstrate strong business development acumen
- Demonstrated ability to lead business development activities and projects
- Detail and results-oriented; able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to establish relationships at the senior management level with existing and prospective clients for purposes of understanding the short / long-term needs of clients, identifying business development opportunities and negotiating and closing consulting assignments
- Ability to employ exceptional internal relationship development skills in order to navigate within the firm
- Strong technical expertise and the proven ability to remain current with respect to industry trends, provincial and federal legislative policies and changes
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills in developing solutions for complex client / business issues
- Proficiency in identifying and clarifying customer needs to develop solutions; clear understanding of how to develop new business by utilizing value or solution-based positioning
- Proven organization skills and the ability to effectively coordinate the delivery of projects and advisory services
- Must be persuasive, forward-thinking, progressive, energetic, and disciplined
- Must have a positive attitude combined with a desire to contribute to the success of Aon
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- Local travel is required
- Business Relationships: Develop new customer relationships; Calling at all levels, including senior levels, of target customer organizations; engaging early in the customer buying process to discover customer needs HBS can fulfill and/or influence customer specification prior to bid
- Sales Process: Continuously identifies new sales opportunities and focuses on providing consultative support by building value propositions for the customer; Manage and build customer contacts, serving as HBS’ ambassador in the market place; Focal point for relationship strategies, sales plans, proposal strategies, and contract negotiations, for pursuits in play
- Customers: Engage technical buyers, economic buyers, and relationship buyers; engage customers at all levels in any organization including executive level decision makers; could potentially pursue $1-$10M opportunities; could include competitively advantaged opportunities
- Results: Profitable growth and focus on expanding existing customers and securing new customers and new opportunities; Orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of business to business sales experience, selling solutions and/or services in a technical field or in lieu of a degree 7 years of business to business sales experience, selling solutions and/or services in a technical field
- Demonstrated, proven track record of success. Preference will be given to those that have demonstrated sales success in a prior position
- Record of accomplishment; a proven drive to exceed
- Ability to be a quick learner, and a drive to be a continual learner
- Desire to achieve a high income and the willingness to put forth the effort to do so
- Experience reading engineering drawings
- Salesforce.com experience
- Ability to discover and understand customer needs and identify potential business opportunities
- Manage customer relationships, perceptions and expectations
- Succeed in dynamic, evolving and fast-paced work environment
- Sell services maintenance contracts to non-contracted customer base
- Convert completed install projects into maintenance contracts
- Work closely with account managers and service operations leaders to grow services contract base
- Primary selling focus will be on new maintenance contracts including HVAC, Security, Fire & Software maintenance contracts
- Seek out new business opportunities through cold calling, prospecting and networking to identify “new named customers”
- Meeting with Executive, Managerial and Operational decision makers
- Represent Honeywell in the local territory
- Must be willing to travel as necessary throughout the District - up to 20% plus
- High school diploma
- 2 years of industry related sales, strategic marketing and/or business development experience
- Business or Engineering Degree
- 5 years sales, strategic marketing and / or business development experience
- Successful track record of selling maintenance agreements to business customers
- Strong “hunting” and closing skills
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, customer service and phone skills
- Commercial HVAC/mechanical and energy conservation knowledge
- Focus on and ability to win “new named customers”
- Self-motivated, confident and positive
- Passionate about maintenance and customer service
- Strong analysis, problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to team with operations to win the right customers for long-term successful relationships
Senior Business Development Consultant Virginia & New Jersey Resume Examples & Samples
- Position Honeywell as the vendor of choice
- Clearly articulate value and demonstrate how solutions map to a customers’ needs
- Manage and direct resources towards meeting clearly articulated opportunity objectives
- Ability to proactively present opportunities to the customer while balancing internal commitments
- Uses customer organizational charts to outline formal structure and roles in the buying process; identifies the most influential stakeholders and creates relationship and business strategy for each of these key players
- Knowledge of HBS’s entire set of offerings enabling strategic positioning, unique competitive differentiation and financial value
- 4 year college degree or in lieu of degree, an additional 8 years experience required
- Demonstrated previous customer acquisition experience
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years of Sales experience
- 5 years of Business Development experience
- 5 years of Relationship Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of degree, an additional 8 years of sales and/or energy retrofit experience required
- 7 years of business to business selling experience
- Demonstrated previous customer acquisition experience in the energy retrofit market
- 5 years of direct sales experience
- Must have valid Driver’s license
- Technical application experience with HVAC, Fire Alarm, or Security Systems
Business Development Consultant Mid Market Resume Examples & Samples
- Display superior presentation and negotiation skills in order to gain new business
- Be expected to meet and exceed a monthly sales target
- Handle a portfolio that can range from 40-60 accounts
- Functions as the “general manager” for growth accounts, or small set of accounts
- Effective time management skills
- Expert knowledge of Rackspace products and services
- Develop and maintain relationships within a specified geographic territory working closely with financial advisors, mortgage brokers and other referral partners
- Optimize delivery of value added products, service and advice while enhancing sales efforts through consultation
- Create strategic solutions and deliver on organizational efficiencies by highlighting opportunities for improvement in existing products and services
- Manage and expand advisor relationships through regular contact and participating in client seminars
- Promote and demonstrate the merits of integrated Bank products and services with the advisor’s traditional insurance and money products-based business and mortgage brokers traditional lending products
- Create an annual business plan, share best practices and collaborate with business development consultants across the organization
- Develop, organize and deliver proposals, business cases and underwriting case analysis
- Partner with Retail Lending Specialists and other banking specialists to build advisor interests in Manulife Bank debt management and deposit solutions
- University degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5 or more years of banking/credit experience
- Completed or working towards industry designation – AMP etc is preferred
- Business planning and territory management skills
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and negotiate through consultation and active listening skills
- Diplomacy and conflict management skills to mitigate resistance and ensure adherence to company policies and compliance standards
- Effective presentation skills and delivery to small and large groups
- Knowledge of Manulife Investments and life insurance products an asset
- Proven ability to be innovative in sales strategies, marketing concepts and product applications
Regional Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Establish initial relationship and continue to develop productive and rewarding relationships with each advisory firm through an understanding of their company needs and objectives and how the efficient, strategic use of Scottrade technology and resources in satisfying those goals and objectives
- Meet with advisors on a regular basis within local markets and assigned sales territory
- Attend and exhibit at financial industry trade shows and events promoting the benefits of the Scottrade Advisor Services program. Follow up with leads establishes at such events in an efforts to obtain their advisory business
- Assist with all marketing and advertising campaigns to generate new Advisor prospects
- Provide transition support for Advisors enrolling in Scottrade Advisor Services, including providing guidance to new advisors and breakaway brokers with setting-up their practice and completing advisory registration
- Introduce advisors to value add solutions such as managed accounts, errors & omissions insurance, compliance hotline, financial planning tools, and other technology available to advisors working with Scottrade Advisor Services
- Maintaining Third-party relationships with various industry organizations and firms, through the Scottrade Advisor Services Resource Center Affinity Group program
- Promote the value and service offering of Scottrade Advisor Services to prospective Advisors in an effort to enroll advisors into the Scottrade Advisor program and consolidate all or portion of their advisory assets to Scottrade. It is expected that this positon will work with RIAs within a defined territory’s with assets greater than $25M
- Implement a proactive sales program within the assigned region to generate new Advisor prospects through networking opportunities, Advisor organization presentations, and direct mailing and phone solicitation
- Record lead information via our CRM solution for all prospective Advisors to assist best manage the sales process while providing them with pertinent information about the Scottrade Advisor Services platform. (5%)
- Understanding of comprehensive asset management and financial planning
- Knowledge of the Registered Investment Advisor market place and fee based advisory business
- Strong understanding of FINRA and SEC rules/regulations as it relates to the advisory business
- Knowledge of third party technology that services RIA’s including portfolio management software, Financial Planning software and CRM, etc
- Ability to travel to 20%-40% of the time, sometimes on short notice
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Exceptional research/problem solving ability
- Strong understanding of the stock market
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years of licensed brokerage or financial services experience required
- 4+ years sales or business development experience required
- Prior institutional or advisor services experience preferred
Business Development Consultant Minnesota Resume Examples & Samples
- Bachelor’s Degree or in lieu of degree, a high school diploma with additional 8 years of B2B Sales experience
- 5 years of experience within Construction industry business to business selling
- 3+ years of experience closing large scale construction projects (~$.5M+ for Controls alone)
- Customer engagement at senior levels; building long- term strategic and executive relationships. Enterprise selling - experience with collaborating across both client and own organization
- Knowledge of HVAC/Building Automation, Fire, Security offerings enabling strategic positioning, unique competitive differentiation and financial value
- Experienced user of applications such as: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
RFP Business Development Consultant Optumrx Resume Examples & Samples
- Analyze request for proposal(RFP) requirements and write response in accordance with customer RFP requirements
- Ensure all information is consistent with the organization’s brand message, value proposition, business objectives, accuracy and style standards
- Implement standard guidelines for various phases of RFP completion
- Support prospective data analysis and review results of cost savings for data integrity to ensure formulation of reasonable performance guarantees to prospective clients
- Assist in improving the quality and functionality of analytics tool by working closely with the Re-Pricing, Clinical Analytics, and others to identify system issues and troubleshooting
- Develop a strong working knowledge of all Clinical offerings and evaluate the opportunity and feasibility of new clinical pipeline offerings
- Responsible to adding new contents in the RFP database based on programs enhancement and new products
- Research and create competitive analysis in relative market
- For large and complex bids, Coordination RFP responses with Vice President, Senior Director and Product Managers
- Monitor and track all requests for proposal submissions and outcomes
- Assist with additional ad hoc projects within Clinical Product team to help support development and execution of clinical programs as needed. This includes but is not limited to the maintenance of the products pricing form, Contract Addendum, and Clinical Product contents
- Two or more years of experience in a business development/content writing environment
- Advanced Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, Marketing or Business Administration
- Healthcare experience
- 5-7+ years of business experience which may include but not limited to areas such as underwriting, account management, business operations, proposal unit
- Basic understanding or familiarity with care and disease management, behavioral, physical health, complex medical, specifically in Medicaid and dual-eligible populations
- Strong facilitation skills with focus toward getting decisions/outcome
- Strong detail orientation, organization, follow through and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success working effectively in a highly matrixed and ambiguous environment
- Strong sense of urgency and drive for results
- Business acumen and solid understanding of sales process
- Strong history of quickly building relationships, gaining credibility and partnering with business leaders
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Able to achieve results in a complex, matrixed environment through influencing and leadership
- Ability to organize, manage, and control multiple projects concurrently and prioritize demands
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources
- Working knowledge of the emerging renewable energy market, LEED accreditation, and carbon monetization
- Oversees the development of strategic market/product line business plans and marketing programs to support sales in designated market segments
- Identifies and implements business development projects related to new and/or existing industries, technologies, or services
- May work with Sales, Marketing, and potential customers to determine their needs
- 5 years of US Air Force Leadership experience
- 5 years of experience with US Air Force installations—energy and facilities
- 5 years of experience working with a matrixed decision making structure
- Direct Energy Services or Performance Contracting sales
- Large scale solution based sales experience
- Related industry experience preferred in US Air Force facilities and energy sector
- 5+ years healthcare and/or deal experience
- 6+ years of healthcare or deal experience
- Effective leadership in the development of business strategies, tactics and solutions
- Advanced financial modeling and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead others
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to perform under pressure and in a very dynamic environment
- A high degree of initiative and motivation
- An ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally with limited advanced notice
- Strong computer skills in spreadsheet, presentation and work processing software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Previous work experience in business development, strategic planning and/or operating management
- Medical device or healthcare industry experience
- M&A experience
- Strong analytical and valuation skills
- Strong strategic thinking
- Ability to understand complex technical product information
- Compelling presentation and communication skills
- Manage and direct resources towards meeting clearly articulated opportunity/objectives
- Prioritize and focus efforts on best opportunities (short and long term) based on business needs
- Can efficiently utilize a grease board, flipchart or smart boards to capture customer’s thoughts or convey recommendations or action steps to a customer in an organized way (mind map, whiteboarding, process map, etc.)
- Comfortable using smart phones, iPads or other mobile devices to search for and share information, manage activity(calendars, SFDC), present prepared materials, photograph customer site conditions, and integrate print, video and picture media into a tailored customer presentation (not production quality but to the level of a well done PowerPoint)
- Comfortable facilitating a discussion highlighting our technologies and their benefits and unique value utilizing technical support as appropriate
- Basic industry and market knowledge
- Understands the life cycle value proposition of HBS and its’ offerings
- Understanding of the customer’s business and organization
- Financial and business acumen
- Knowledge of HBS processes, contract terms and conditions
- Basic understanding of Honeywell portfolio across LOBs/verticals/applications
- Establishes strategic relationships for developing a committed customer
- Securing appointments with top decision makers to discuss building technology solutions; including the repair and modernization of facilities infrastructure
- Proactively leads, manages and executes the disciplined sales process from start to finish; anticipates customer needs and requirements ensuring that they are met every step of the way from sale to execution; acts as team leader internally and externally during the entire sales process
- Exhibits knowledge of the customers’ business, strategic drivers, financial requirements and is able to discuss and leverage strategic business value in conversation at the highest levels of the organization
- Leverages resources to address customers’ drivers and initiatives
- Guides and leverages management and executive sponsor interaction with customers
- Provide strategic vision for growth in market aligned clients and geographies while driving self and others for positive business results for HBS
- Profitable growth and focus in the form of new customers and new opportunities
- Lead business representation at regional and national conferences for industry organizations with the goal of meeting new customers, setting appointments, developing networking opportunities and representing HBS to the aligned market
- Associates Degree
- 3 years direct sales experience in the building technology industry
- 5+ years direct sales experience in the building technology industry
- Proven customer acquisition and sales success in the industry
- Energy management/fire/security background preferred
- Engage appropriate management support; Establish deal/project team as needed; Establish deal strategy; Contribute proposal content; Determine contingencies; Determine Terms and Conditions (including pricing) with support from Manager
- Review proposal before submission; Present proposal to internal teams as needed and obtain approval; Present proposal to prospect; Contract/Order Management; Negotiate terms and conditions with prospect within approved guidelines; Obtain legal authorization from prospect to deliver on approved contract; Submit contract to appropriate teams
- Act as escalation point for pilot issues; successfully hand off to Account Management team and debrief on potential future opportunities to grow wallet share; Assist Account Support Manager in transitions as needed; stay educated and provide internal feedback on market/customer/competitor/solution information
- Position will maintain a personal quota as part of their assigned objective, which may include multiple elements including at a minimum an individual assigned quota and possibly shared quota and split quota
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or relevant industry experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Experience working in team-oriented sales approaches
- Identifies new prospects using multiple sources of sales leads (other media, internal resources and external networking, and investigating new and expanding businesses). Collects information about prospects’ businesses from their websites and other sources to prepare for sales calls. Uses a CRM tool to qualify prospective clients, i.e., to assess their potential spending. Recommends the appropriate sales channel and marketing solutions. Consults with Local Sales Manager to maintain the prospect list and identify the most appropriate prospects. (Prospecting takes up a majority of Business Development Consultants’ time.)
- Calls on prospective clients by phone or in person to interest them in on-air advertising by explaining the process and benefits of advertising through Cox and to obtain an appointment to discuss their advertising needs in more detail, as appropriate
- Meets with prospective clients in person to collect information required to assess their advertising needs and to estimate the amount of potential business the account represents and when the sale will close
- Builds an effective consultative relationship with clients (advertisers and the agencies that represent them) during the sales process. May entertain clients
- Analyzes the quantitative and qualitative data collected from Cox Media enterprise research applications and tools in order to gain appropriate insight for the initial sales call
- Collaborates with other sales consultants and Cox Media departments to develop sales proposals designed to meet individual client needs by reviewing rating data and other research and consulting with internal resources as needed (primarily Marketing, Research, Production and Sales Services). Proposals will be created in conjunction with the Media Consultant or other associate assigned to the account by the Local Sales Manager
- With support from the assigned Media Consultant, prepares for and co-presents multi-media ad campaign proposals to client decision makers. Leverages the position of Cox and the media products it offers to educate clients and influence their marketing strategies
- With support from the assigned Media Consultant, negotiates expectations, terms, conditions, and pricing of advertising products and services with prospective clients
- Introduces new clients to the Media Consultant team. Plans and coordinates the smooth transition of new accounts to a member of the team who will provide ongoing client service, support, and future account development and retention
- May work in sales teams with managers and/or AEs from Cox Business to sell bundled Cox products
- Tracks own performance in CRM (e.g., activities, projected sales, % to budget), and develops plans to achieve and exceed budget
- Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using CRM, Oracle and the CMBI tool
- Keeps client database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with clients
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Company, sales skills/techniques and competitor products and pricing; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management
- Participates in many internal meetings to create product packages, sales processes, communicate and coordinate sales, report on sales activities, implement new products, solve problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Cox
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain the Cox’s presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils, becomes a member of the Ad Federation or American Marketing Association
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus; HR degree preferred
- Track record of successful sales, from lead generation to close
- 2+ years of B2B sales experience
- HR experience (degree/selling)
- Work Authorization for Australia
New Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Discover and qualify opportunities for sales team to pursue in target accounts
- Perform account discovery based on ideal prospect profile criteria, document the resulting account intelligence in prescribed sales tools
- Screen, qualify and nurture inbound marketing leads using SimCorp’s sales best practices
- Effectively initiate communication via the phone, email and interact with relevant stakeholders
- Learn and effectively utilise SimCorp selling concepts and techniques
- Keep up-to-date on knowledge of the industry, as well as competitive posture of company
- Build relationships through prospecting and marketing lead follow up
- Enter leads, contacts and maintain account information in Salesforce in a timely fashion
- Support sales with appointment setting
- Experience in a similar position either at a capital markets firm or at a software solutions provider servicing the buy-side market
- Understanding of capital markets, investment operations and portfolio management systems
- Knowledge of SimCorp products and services is a distinct advantage
- Experience maintaining client/prospect data in CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com
- Excellent research skills using online channels such as corporate websites and LinkedIn to identify target stakeholders in prospect and client accounts
- Knowledge of phone, email and conversation techniques needed to identify the person in a company responsible for a specific initiative or business unit
- Must exhibit ability to effectively interface with all types of people with excellent business writing, communication, and telephone skills
- Ability to “sell ideas and concepts” over the phone and email that leads to prospect/client engagement
- Ability to make a high volume of phone calls
- Ability to effectively manage high-volume workload so as to meet or exceed individual and team goals and objectives
- Must be a team player and goal-oriented individual. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume team environment
- Excellent business writing, communication, and telephone skills
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum
- Your ability to demonstrate a thorough and complete sales process
- You have strong time management and organizational skills
- A history of achieving results that exceed sales goals
- Your ability to make natural connections quickly, both over the phone and person
- Develop case studies
- 10 + years of technology related sales or business development experience
- A technical sells background with solutions and IT services to IT industry, special in airlines industry and state-owned enterprise accounts, with direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts across your assigned territory
Mysql Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Support the inside and field sales representatives in territory with proactive approach to building pipeline and collaborative efforts to build strategies and execute marketing plans
- Document and communicate information gathered during qualification process calls
- Meet monthly and quarterly target on leads passed to sales representatives, opportunities resulting from leads and bookings resulting from conversions
Clinical Business Development Consultant Optumrx Resume Examples & Samples
- Provide support to Proposals, Sales, Client Management, Marketing, and Product Strategy teams with respect to clinical program inquiries to support company’s growth and client retention by serving as a clinical liaison to triage and / or address clinical program inquiries
- Analyze request for proposal(RFP) requirements, especially for clinical appropriateness, and write response in accordance with customer RFP requirements
- Leverage Qvidian proposal automation software for effective and efficient management of the RFP process
- Support prospective data analysis and review results of cost savings for data integrity from both a clinical and business perspective to ensure formulation of reasonable performance guarantees to prospective clients
- Responsible for adding new content and maintaining the accuracy of existing content in the RFP database based on programs enhancement and new products
- For large and complex bids, Coordinate RFP responses with Vice President, Senior Director and Product Managers
- Maintenance of all in-house staff resumes (used in RFP responses)
- Assist with additional ad hoc projects within Clinical Product team to help support development and execution of clinical programs as needed
- Coordinate internal business development meetings for RFP response planning
- Impressive writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy oriented
- Conceptual and creative thinking formulating ideas and concepts in support of business development
- Reliable and able to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Maintain good working relationships will product managers and able to get along well with a variety of personalities and individual styles
- Acts calmly under stress and is able to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement
- Build consensus to bring group solidarity to achieve a goal, but to provide recommendations in absence of full consensus
- Ability to comprehend complex topics and specialized information
- RPh, PharmD
- Pharmaceutical/PBM/Health benefits experience
- Knowledge of disease management, Drug therapies
- 3+ years of experience in a business development/RFP/content writing environment in Healthcare industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Adobe products
- Graphic design knowledge
Business Development Consultant, Montreal Resume Examples & Samples
- Bilingual in both the French and English language. Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- 0-3 years of experience in the elevator and construction industries preferred
- Ability to converse in methods of effective and persuasive speaking, voice and diction, phonics, discussion and debate
- Ability to establish a rapport and speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects with building owners, property managers, facility engineers, consultants and all levels of KONE employees
- Interpersonal skills required to work efficiently and effectively with co-workers, supervisors and outside customers
- Strong, effective oral, written, persuasive and presentation skills
- Comprehensive understanding of KONE’s processes, procedures, policies and contracts/product offerings
- Familiarity with competitor product offerings and practices
- Sound working knowledge of service and/or elevator industry
- General accounting and financial management principles
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Familiarity with basic PC operation and software
- A competitive salary
- A performance based incentive plan that could add up to 25% of your salary
- A company car
- A defined contribution pension plan
- A comprehensive group health and dental plan
- A positive and team based work environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop your sales career
Business Development Consultant for Asean Resume Examples & Samples
- Demand generation and creation for the Primavera Product
- Generating demand from inbound calls, inbound chat and from outbound prospecting as a result of sales initiatives, marketing campaigns & event follow up, downloads, web-seminars and partner campaigns
- Creating a business pipeline meeting an agreed quota. Pipeline creation should consistently meet or exceed target
- Achieving a high level of collaboration with in-country Marketing and Sales teams by developing and delivering against the joint strategy with the field representatives
Senior Energy Business Development Consultant Virginia Resume Examples & Samples
- Understanding the changing dynamics of the energy market and governing legislation for solutions based performance agreements
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of Direct Energy Services or Performance Contracting sales or in lieu of a degree 10 years of Direct Energy Services or Performance Contracting sales
- Demonstrated group presentation skills
- Related industry experience preferred in local government or K-12 school districts
- Active Secret clearance preferred
- Familiarity and experience with DoD acquisition processes highly desired
- Must have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and be able to manage multiple competing priorities in short turn-around situations
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be comfortable interacting with individuals and diverse groups of people in business and social settings
- Possess strong verbal and written communications and ability to build professional working relationships
- Be able to travel on a frequent basis (5-10 days per month)
- Experience working within the Department of Defense, Military branches or civilian government roles
- Successful experience with partnering and building industry teaming relationships
- Expertise in competitive assessments, price to win and market penetration strategies
- Management of the business development process, with special attention given to new opportunity identification, screening, forecasting, qualifying, pursuit, and capture
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years experience and must have substantial knowledge of the U.S. defense industry as well as its logistics and sustainment leadership structure and personnel (military and civilian). Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract. Some contracts may have higher-level clearance requirements.Want to create a job search agent? Send this job to a friend
- Support Business Development initiatives and projects across these 4 functions
- Information Gathering: Working at all levels of the organization to solicit input, gather information, discuss/debate options for analysis
- Qualitative & Quantitative Analysis: Complete business analytics including primary and secondary data gathering, industry and competitor analysis, and financial modeling
- Synthesis and Documentation: Synthesizing collected information, analytical findings and issues into concise actionable summaries suitable for presentation to senior management /executives
- Stakeholder Management:Developing fact-based recommendations and action plans on key business issues including managing stakeholder input in the development and approval of recommended actions
- Support ad-hoc strategic merchandising projects as required
- Support the Services business where required
Fcc-business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- A proven track record of successfully building and maintaining commercially valuable client relationships
- Demonstrable experience of selling people and knowledge, ideally in a consulting environment
- Experience of having led multi-channel go-to-market initiatives and campaigns
- Previous authorship of promotional and thought leadership material
- An established profile within financial crime prevention professional communities
- First-class oral and written communication skills
- Experience of managing projects and people
- Financial crime prevention subject matter expertise - this could include, anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions compliance, fraud risk management
- Knowledge of risk assessments, policy and procedure development, transaction monitoring and suspicious activity reporting
- Direct experience of at least two regulated sectors
- Most importantly - a desire to get up and go. We want people who are committed to what they do and want to make a real contribution to Bovill's growth and success
Senior Energy Business Development Consultant Minnesota & Wisconsin Resume Examples & Samples
- Securing appointments with top decision makers to discuss business solutions; including the repair and modernization of a facilities infrastructure
- Understanding the changing dynamics of the energy market and governing legislation for large scale solutions based performance agreements
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years Direct Energy Services or Performance Contracting sales experience or in lieu of a degree 5 years Direct Energy Services or Performance Contracting sales experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- Energy management/retrofit background
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface
- Project management skills required
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how company's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities
- Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills
- Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities
- Understands how to leverage company's portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors
- Understands selling of services sales
- Leverages services as part of strategic product sales
- Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience at end-useraccount or partner level from IT orrelated industry
- Have success track record in delivering crossplatforms sales programs
- Good business acumen, with strong strategicbusiness planning & execution skills
- Demonstrated ability to workeffectively with multiple teams, including region teams to drive performance inorder to deliver desired results
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
RIA Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Creates business development and/or acquisition strategies, generates leads, and maintains and expands referral sources
- Work with wirehouse and independent contractor advisors on the establishment of an RIA practice that would be custodied at Raymond James
- Sources, solicits and develops new RIA firms by initiating outbound calls, responding to incoming calls and inquiries, sending out materials and visiting prospects to meet specific recruiting goals
- Gathers information and data on prospects to be used in the sales process and for suitability review
- Evaluates interested prospects to determine suitability
- Manages the creation of proposals for prospects
- Oversee visits to home office by prospects to address issues, interests and concerns
- Assists advisors during transition to the firm, or facilitates acquisitions
- May conduct investment practice due diligence reviews on practices being considered for acquisition and determine reasonable market value based on commonly accepted business valuation models and due diligence review information
- May oversee the creation and presentation of practice acquisition financing proposals to the acquisition financing committee
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of business development in a financial services environment
- Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry
- Knowledge of the Registered Investment Advisor industry and regulations
- Knowledge of the Third Party technology tools and products available to financial advisors
- Financial analysis of businesses and FA practices, business valuation methods and modeling may be required
- Securities rules and regulations in order to conduct proper due diligence analysis of independent practices may be required
- Initiating proactive sales calls and responding to inquiries and turning them into sales and/or practice acquisition opportunities
- Facilitating transition/acquisition processes
- Research, interpret, analyze and apply information about prospects
- Establish and communicate clear directions and priorities
- Organize, prioritize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments, including those delegated, in an area with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels to accomplish objectives
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to meet or exceed sales objectives
- The primary responsibility of the Business Development Consultant (BDC) within the MidMarket customer base is to develop a strong rapport with an existing set customer base, andwill be responsible for selling across the Rackspace portfolio against a prospect universeinclusive of companies ranging from $100M in size to $1.5B annually
- Responsible formaintaining a clear understanding of how the customer base is using Rackspace solutions, andgenerate new business within the customer base by solving solutions through leveraging theRackspace product portfolio
- BDC’s also work closely with other account team members (i.e.Account Managers, Lead Tech, and Sales Engineers), to ensure Rackspace is continuallydelivering customers with a world class customer service experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing required
- A minimum of 5 years successful New Business sales experience for Companies with revenue of $50M+ or $500K+, incorporating value/service selling
- Experience of strategic selling at Board level
- B2B Sales experience. Goal oriented with superior work ethic
- Experience may not substitute for the degree requirement
- Candidates must have a college degree in marketing, business or related discipline
- Dealer Business Development or Finance experience gained from 3-5 years minimum in a broad range of field and support assignments which could include Finance rep, Strategy rep, Rental Rep, Services Marketing Consultant, DGAP Consultant or equivalent experience requiring dealer business management and financial statements knowledge
- Marketing or Sales experience gained from 3-5 years minimum in a broad range of field based assignments, including machine, power systems, or product support sales roles or equivalent experience requiring dealer / customer contact and interaction
- Local language skills (Spanish / Portuguese)
- An advanced degree
- Change Management or Project Management experience gained from 2-4 years in strategic assignments such as 6Sigma or equivalent experience requiring cross functional team leadership and dealer C-suite exposure, interaction and influencing
- Strong, proven interpersonal skills including public presentation proficiency and ability to earn trust and credibility with senior dealer management teams
- Ability to explore, research and create new concepts and designs and comfortable with change and innovation
- Strong understanding of the dealer business especially the financial statements gained from experience working with dealers on dealer management or finance related roles
- Proven ability to effectively work with all hierarchy levels, develop and mentor personnel, and influence others internally and externally to ensure relentless execution
- Good project/process management and change management skills demonstrated in prior 6 Sigma, Caterpillar Production Systems or Services Marketing projects as either a project team member (Green Belt) or leader (green belt/black belt) or equivalent or other relevant experience
- Pro-activeness, leadership, team working, willingness to take on special assignments and projects and decision making ability are key skills required for this position
- Understand and present JLL as the world’s premier real estate consulting business
- Research prospects to better understand how to access them
- Active participation in the development of a strategic plan to access prospects
- Track data and prospect/client information in proprietary CRM database
- Attend technology industry networking events to further build client base
- Collaborate with broker and marketing teams on prospecting efforts
- Gather business and competitive information necessary to assist other sales
- Professionals in the office
- Execute diligent, ongoing contact and interaction with prospective clients
- Connect clients with business line leads for possible cross selling opportunities
- Be the brand ambassador for the firm and convey our core values both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 plus (ideally 5+) years of experience in business to business sales, telesales, telemarketing, or direct selling of non-commodity services, or consultative sales background required
- California Salesperson license
- Formal sales training at leading national firm
- Proven ability to create business opportunities
- Excellent personal skills
- Documented track record of success in sales
- Able to follow through and complete tasks on time
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Disciplined work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience within Construction industry business to business selling or in lieu of a degree 5 years of experience within Construction industry business to business selling
- Customer engagement at all levels; building long- term strategic relationships. Selling experience with collaborating across both client and own organization
- Construction industry and market knowledge with understanding of all levels within contractor and A&E organizations
- Experienced user of applications such as: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Can efficiently utilize a grease board, flipchart or smart boards to capture customer’s thoughts or convey recommendations or action steps to a customer in an organized way (mind map, white boarding, process map, etc.)
Senior Energy Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- 5 years of sales experience in the K12 market (superintendent, board, and local/municipal)
- 5 years corporate/educational partnering experience
- 3 years in the construction markets, K12, energy, and/or security
- MBA Degree Preferred
- 5 years of experience cultivating strong relationships
- Ability and Experience in Developing New Business through marketing, prospecting, and cold calling
- Sales experience in executive selling
- Sales experience in selling technology products such as HVAC controls, fire alarm, security, mechanical systems or service to commercial and industrial clients
- Proven Track Record of Successful Sales Experience in Business to Business Sales
Senior Energy Business Development Consultant California Resume Examples & Samples
- Understanding the changing dynamics of the water and/or energy market and governing legislation for large scale solutions based performance agreements
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years Direct Energy Services, Water Wastewater system or Performance Contracting sales experience or in lieu of a degree 5 years Direct Energy Services, Water Wastewater system, or Performance Contracting sales experience
- Water/Waste Water System retrofit background
- Related industry experience preferred in local government, water district, or public sector
- Generating Leads and Opportunities through outbound, strategic & targeted prospecting into companies
- Achieving monthly Quota of Qualified Opportunities
- Look for additional opportunities to further enhance contact such as digital resources or events
- Plan call strategy and action plan in alignment with the Commercial Sales Team & local marketing
- Drive proactive outbound call activity into net new contacts
- Meet ambitious sales- and DG targets
- Be SAP’s cutting edge for driving digital transformation
- Adopt and deploy the latest marketing tools, tailor made for the digital age
- Coach your managers and peers in social selling
- Deploy next generation analytics for driving more deals for SAP Commercial Sales
- Drive digital innovation for reaching target markets
- Recently graduated with a University degree in Business Administration / IT / Digital Transformation (Master Student)
- Natural drive to excel
- Native Spanish or Italian
- Fluent English
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills to serve as a trusted advisor
- Good IT/ preferably business software knowledge and understanding of business processes
- Capacity to listen actively in order to identify prioritized customer needs
- Understanding of business challenges facing a defined industry and line of business
- Ability to articulate the SAP value proposition clearly in a defined industry and line of business context
- Ability to work independently with a strong drive for results
Senior Business Development Consultant Washington Resume Examples & Samples
- Position Honeywell as the vendor of choice with owners and sub-contractors: upgrading installed systems/migrations, new construction, service contracts
- In-depth industry and market knowledge: Pacific Northwest Area: Controls, HVAC, FLS, Security, Energy, Building analytics
- Understanding of all levels within the customer’s organization, and their related customers
- Enterprise selling - experience with collaborating across both client and own organization to drive a One-Honeywell approach
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities within assigned industries and accounts
- Identify prospective customer needs and develop solutions to satisfy the requirements
- Develop knowledge and awareness of new products
- Demonstrate the use of cross-selling and up-selling techniques
- Build and execute events & programs for Moto Mods to become the platform of choice for our partners
- Create and execute programs and events to drive new business opportunities for partners and our sales teams
- Work directly with partners and Motorola BD & sales teams to prioritize and develop opportunities to enhance the customer value of partner Mod solutions
- Work with Motorola PR & Marketing to communicate the unique value of the ecosystem and our partners
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or engineering
- 8 or more years experience in business development, product management or sales
- 8 years minimum business development and partner planning experience
- An MBA or equivalent is preferred
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to analyze and communicate partner proposals, lead discussions, and influence decisions
- Superior presentation skills and the ability to adapt messaging to target audiences including CxO level audiences both internally and externally
Senior Business Development Consultant Arizona Resume Examples & Samples
- Ability to create/seek out and assess new opportunities: Integrated controls, HVAC, FLS, Security, Access, Energy Mgmt, Building Analytics, financing, investments outside of standard budgetary cycle
- Build trust and credibility at all levels of the customers’ organization, including decision-makers across the customers’ business functions and c-suite
- Securing and finalizing the sale
- In-depth industry and market knowledge Arizona and/or Nevada Area: Controls, HVAC, FLS, Security, Energy, Building analytics
- Knowledge of HBS/ACS processes, commercial terms, contract terms, etc
Business Development Consultant Construction Resume Examples & Samples
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience within Construction industry business to business selling
- Valid license with a clean driving record
- 5 years experience in business to business construction industry selling
- Proven experience prospecting for opportunities and demonstrated previous customer acquisition experience
- Motivate others; high energy individual
- Takes intelligent risks and achieves results by applying sound judgment and experience to every sales situation; shows tenacity and experience which consistently delivers
- Unphased by multiple activities all occurring at once; organizes people and workflow to meet objectives for each activity on time with high quality
- Offer virtual demonstrations of Vinsolutions products to Dealer prospects
- The Insides Sales, BDC Agent will utilize a consultative process to determine Dealer needs
- Revenue Generation
- The BDC Agent will advise and educate the customer on the best solution and negotiate pricing
- Generate new business via outbound/Inbound calls and virtual demonstrations of Vinsolutions and products to Dealer prospects
- Work with Dealers consisting of prospects, to sell the value of Vinsolutions and the full product portfolio based on the customer needs
- Collaborate with Inside Sales and Product Consultants to properly transition accounts for demonstrating
- Overcome objections through the utilization of scripts
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of call center or equivalent experience and knowledge required; experience in a revenue generating role strongly preferred
- 2+ years sales (inside or outside) experience and related applications and tools required; automotive and media advertising experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience developing strategy, setting priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously while remaining focused on many details is required
- Experience with business software applications including MS Outlook Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, Viso) and virtual demonstration software and communication tools required
- Like experience in a customer focused, account management, revenue driven environment required
- Proven experience and ability to build and maintain cross-departmental, multi-functional and collaborative relationships required
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills (written, verbal, phone, and interpersonal) skills required
- Proven experience and ability to analyze customer problems and trends to offer suggestions and recommendations for improvement and success required
- Salesforce.com experience highly preferred
Financial Services Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Schedule management of the entire sales activities
- Supporting proposals / presentations to the clients
- Analyzing documents used internally/externally, utilizing MS PPT and Excel
- Processing necessary confirmation in Accenture
- Supporting contract extension negotiations with exiting projects/clients
- Engaging in driving new projects from new clients as well as reviewing new contracts
Digital Services Sales Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Develop and sell recurring software licensing agreements of HBS Digital Services Portfolio (Vector Apps, Instant Alert Plus, Outcome Based Services, Sentience Cloud, Data Analytics and Reporting) including Third Party Software offerings to new customers in the assigned territory
- Responsible for achieving Sales Orders Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets (Orders, Rev/GM and Profit) while following established pricing policies
- Identify and communicate the strengths and weaknesses of the Digital Services value propositions and making required adjustments based on market intelligence working closely with the marketing, technology and District teams
- Maintain a high degree of awareness of customer’s next best alternatives and communicate competitive challenges in a timely manner to sales management and technology teams
- Manage all sales related activity management through the accurate, timely and detailed use of the Saleforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool including opportunity reviews, win/loss analysis, pipeline funnel management, forecasting and lead generation
- Actively embrace the HBS Sales Management Operating System to include one on one’s with Sales Leader, team calls, forecasting calls, opportunity reviews, Plan to Make Plan (PtmP) development with timely and accurate updates
- Identify potential external resources, 3rd party suppliers and software eco-system partners to complement and expand the Honeywell software portfolio
- Investigate and understand the internal business processes of potential clients
- Build high level executive/SVP relationships along the sales process resulting in long term partnerships
- 3 years of Software as Service (Saas), Enterprise Cloud, Mobility, IT, and/or Apps or related business to business industry experience in the commercial and institutional buildings markets
- 3 years of Software Sales experience selling to directly to end users
- 8 years sales experience in the commercial buildings industry
- Consultative selling experience
- Proven experience acquiring and selling to new customers
- Experience cold calling, creating demand, selling entry point offerings in a short sales cycle leading to further enterprise adoption of software platforms
- Solid understanding of customer financials and the ability to build business case investments
- Proven experience developing and executing strategies for sales growth
- Creative, decisive, high energy and ability to energize others
- Excellent Negotiation Skills with the ability to understand the customer needs, negotiate complex sales and total value offerings to customers
Senior Energy Business Development Consultant Massachusetts Resume Examples & Samples
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of Direct Energy Services or Performance Contracting sales
- Minimum 5 years of large scale solution based sales experience
Senior Energy Business Development Consultant New Jersey Resume Examples & Samples
- Management of disciplined sales process that delivers value to clients through agreed upon milestones and requirements
- Proposal presentation and contract negotiation
- Bachelors or advanced degree preferred
- Energy management/retrofit background preferred
Business Development Consultant Texas Resume Examples & Samples
- 3 years of business to business sales experience (Building Automation background)
- Experience in dealing with Owners, End Users and contracting tiers
- Strong skills in prospecting, qualifying, proposing, negotiating and closing deals
Senior Energy Business Development Consultant Georgia & Alabama Resume Examples & Samples
- Working knowledge of the emerging renewable energy market and LEED accreditation
- 5 years of business to business selling experience
- Proven experience prospecting for opportunities
- Identifying potential business opportunities and explore new markets
- Review and collate market intelligence on upcoming business opportunities, and report on a regular basis to IFI Business Development Manager (based on an agreed format) about IFI market developments in the regions of interest
- Market intelligence & competition analysis
- Preparation of Expressions of Interest and contribute to proposal preparations
- Participate in meetings/conference calls with partners/sub-contractors for opportunities on IFI market
- Prepare required internal procedures when bidding (e-forms/PoA’s etc), as required
- Monitor and update regularly GPT for IFI Market, and our database of experts
- Monitor and regular review project references
- Maintain constructive working relations with representatives from relevant Mott MacDonald Technical Management Units, notably those interested to provide technical services to IFI Market business activities, as appropriate and required
- Effective weekly reporting to the IFI BD Manager
- Sourcing required experts for bids
- Coordinate EOI’s/proposals preparation
- Provide BD support to other sub-divisions when expressing interest/bidding for IFI prospects, if an appropriate job code / expenses have been provided
- Knowledge and experience of IFI market and the associated business environment
- High level verbal and written communication skills in Turkish and English
- Ability to deal with multi-disciplinary tasks and engage with relevant staff at various levels in the company
- Ability to work individually as well as lead/manage or participate in a cross-functional team
- Able to prioritise workload according to business needs
- Able to demonstrate ability for team work
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, resourceful and a positive attitude
- Occasional flexibility on working beyond 40 hours per week to suit the needs of the business
- Confident and professional
VP, Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Act as the single point of contact for a small number of high priority and high potential accounts leading the sales effort, determining the sales strategy, and coordinating the necessary resources to execute against the strategy
- Collaborates with internal colleagues/Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to ensure that recommended response aligns with the client's situation, need and maximizes competitive position
- Develop, execute Strategic Account Sales Plans with the goal of driving sustainable and profitable business growth; build a value added network, and identify opportunities to expand Right’s branded solutions in Strategic Accounts
- Identifies and builds formal and informal networks within the organization to enhance one's own area and the organization as a whole; operates in a fair, honest, respectful and team focused manner
- Possesses and continually develops the business knowledge to effectively present and sell in Right’s branded, integrated solutions using appropriate style and communication skills; minimizes barriers and potential competitor benefits to position Right as the best client solution; applies knowledge, information and analytical perspectives to innovate strategic solutions for clients and business opportunities
- 5+ years of experience in Business to Business sales, consultative sales and/or solutions in large/complex Strategic Accounts
- Sustained track record of sales success with quantifiable results over $2MM annually required through large and expanding accounts required; large enterprise account experience required
- Proven strategic, innovative selling skills required with emphasis on selling professional and/or consulting services; utilizes effective negotiation skills
- Ability to develop, coach and collaborate with delivery consultants on the delivery process, This is truly a collaboration between sales and consultants bringing complementary expertise
- Possesses working knowledge in language, math and reasoning skills; proficient ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, live meetings and training
- Travel requirements:75% travel in territory (not overnight), occasional travel within region (over-night)
- Talent Assessment
- Leader Development
- Employee Engagement
- Workforce Transition and Outplacement
- People - Right Management cares about people and the role of work in their lives. We respect people as individuals, trusting them, supporting them, enabling them to achieve their aims in work and in life
- Knowledge - Colleagues at Right Management share their knowledge, expertise and resources, so that everyone understands what is important now and what’s happening next in the world of work—and knows how best to respond
- Innovation - Right Management leads in the world of work. We dare to innovate, to pioneer and to evolve. We never accept the status quo. We constantly challenge the norm to find new and better ways of doing things
- Social Responsibility - Right Management is an ongoing demonstration of social responsibility in action. Every day we assist clients in the development of the talent we need to run their operations more effectively, as Right also seeks to enhance their communities and our environment
- Drives new sales penetration and revenue growth of G&A Professional Services and G&A Research Management solutions within named academic accounts
- Focuses on targeted efforts to initiate and/or widen usage and increase the customer penetration for G&A Professional Services and G&A Research Management products and services
- Analyzes client needs (workflows and processes) and develops strategies tailored to each entity ensuring close collaboration with Territory Account Manager
- Maintains, develops and grows a robust pipeline. Measured against sales and total revenue of G&A Professional Services and G&A Research Management offerings
- Supports and develops business opportunities through various prospecting and account development activities, both independently and with Territory Account Manager
- Partners with Territory Account Managers, G&A Sales management and members of IP&S Professional Services and Innovation Industries to create a market development plan
- Utilizes strong knowledge of market to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote business growth in G&A Professional Services and G&A Research Management businesses
- Builds strong relationships with clients, creating trust and confidence at multiple levels, including senior level administrators and those responsible for the overall strategy within the government
- Captures and records customer information and sales activity data into customer relationship management (CRM) system and other appropriate business systems
- Reports regularly to Sales management on pipeline activity, sales forecasts and closing timetables
- Operates as a senior and integral member of the North America G&A sales team, contributing skills and knowledge to market development. Leadership traits and ego maturity are expected as a result
- Dedicates around 20% of his or her time to helping establish product development priorities for the region, based on customer feedback and market knowledge. Key liaison role with segment leads
- Preferred prior Government sector experience and in depth domain knowledge is required – sales or operational, including Government Strategy and Policy
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment. Professional Services experience is preferred
- Proven track record of business development capability; developing accounts through proactive prospecting and an understanding of workflow and content needs; consistent achievement of targets in a complex sales environment
- Proven consultative sales abilities with research institutions who are focused on transformation and process / workflow improvements
- Proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence all levels within an organization; willingness to collaborate and bring in appropriate resources to close sales; evidence of ‘ego maturity’
- Assimilates new information readily and is able to apply this knowledge within a customer organization
- Ability to consult with and advise customers in order to identify their needs and apply knowledge to understand customer workflows and what is important to their institution; including best practice sharing and business transformation
- Strategic thinker who will play a significant role in shaping the market development strategy for the region for research management in particular; close ties with Product and Proposition colleagues
- Comfortable building ROI calculations, and demonstrating value through pay-back/financial assumptions
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multi-stage process pipeline
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must have strong presentation, communication, negotiation and time management skills
- Desire to learn and grow within an evolving organization is a must; able to deal with ambiguity
- Solid knowledge of technology and software applications in the research management space
- Ability to travel up 60%
- Manage communications campaigns, including the creation of HTMLs in Eloqua, Oracle’s eMailing application for communications sending
- Review and refine communications content
- Manage Partner Contact Distribution Lists, including pulling targetted contact lists from Oracle databases/ systems
- Work with the relevant teams to ensure Oracle marketing policy is applied (suppressed contacts, opt-in/ opt-out, frequency)
- Track, Analyse, and Report Email campaign results
- Ensure integration with other LOBs, Regions for consistent messaging
- Campaign code creation/management in Oracle Applications
- Liase between internal Global Marketing Shared Services team and A&C Regional and Global Stakeholders on process, procedure and event best practices
- Ensure consistency with Oracle branding and the A&C communications strategy
- Handle Oracle online content management system for posting content (files) when communications require it (e.g. images, materials)
- Process improvements & innovation (request templates, tools to facilitate tasks & workflow)
- Coordination and execution of awareness campaigns for OPN Specialized Program
- Project co-management / coordination together with the project owner
- Issue resolution / escalation
- Contribution, suggestions and feedback to management
- Regular reporting to manager and close follow-up with project owners on the project’s schedule, activity tracking, issues, achievements, etc. Ad Hoc reporting at Management request
- Excellent command and working expertise with HTML editing tools (Dreamweaver, CSS)
- Excellent command of English (speaking, phone, email); written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge in Web Design (Photoshop – Flash is a plus)
- Easily familiar and at ease with new applications / tools
- Solid time management and prioritization skills
- Track record of attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize workload, shift timelines and work under pressure (flexibility)
- Ability to identify and understand important issues and escalate to management
- Pro-active approach & Maturity
- Ability to identify improvement points (e.g. process) and proactively propose ideas / new options to the manager
- Ability to build and maintain a strong network with various requesters, projects contributors and teams
- Develop and contract new relationships within targeted assigned companies in target market (90% of focus)
- Surface needs and establish client expectations to form B2B agreements to achieve targets and meet objectives
- Oversee the successful “activation” of accounts on an on-going basis, manages to yield year over year expansion, and enhances relationships through communication to their employees, etc
- Excellent prospecting skills with ability to achieve agreement goals and work well in results oriented environment
- Strong personal presence with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Skilled networker confident with “C” suite leader conversations
- High level client relationship building skills, including excellent listening skills to uncover and understand client needs
- Excellent presentations skills (large and small groups)
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and drive to expected results
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overnight and weekend travel
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent)
- 10 years of experience in a business to business (B2B) sales
- MBA from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent)
- History of acquiring and developing Fortune 1000 relationships
Business Development Consultant Global Mobility Resume Examples & Samples
- Identify, develop and win new business opportunities across the full range of Mercer Global Mobility
- Working collaboratively with the existing GM team to understanding their particular areas of strength and wider Mercer teams to understand the potential for cross-selling opportunities
- Conduct client experience meetings with existing clients to understand their feedback
- Proven sales experience gained from working with large or multinational clients is essential
- Previous experience of the global mobility / talent mobility / workforce mobility / corporate relocation industry is highly beneficial
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting, cold calling and pipeline management
- Prior cold calling (inbound / outbound) or Customer Service experience not essential but highly advantageous
- Passionate and fearless in a sales environment and loves the thrill of the sales chase
- Enthusiastic selling over the phone and comfortable cold calling various types of businesses
- Strong negotiation and consultation skills
- Captive learner, excited about the opportunity to develop consultative sales skills
- An outgoing personality and a great sense of humour!
- Build your own pipeline by drawing upon established networks, relationship and your independent research
- Develop familiarity with each business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model and revenue profit drivers
- Design and negotiate deal structures that align to the needs of both business partners and Groupon
- Sell the benefits of Groupon as a powerful online marketing tool, and acquire genuine commitment from a variety of top-end local businesses on a weekly basis
- Hands on experience selling both face-to-face and cold calling, having developed relationships with various types of businesses
- Experience having previously worked in advertising, media, online marketing; ecommerce sales and/or hospitality sales is an added advantage but not essential
- Demonstrate a high degree of diligence and accountability, with evidence of personal success in achieving goals
- Abnormally strong negotiation and consultation skills
Business Development Consultant New Jersey Resume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for sales activities and long term relationship management for Building Management Solutions
- Sales of service products to Accounts ranging from software support, life cycle asset management programs, technology upgrades and preventative and comprehensive contracts
- Strategic and day to day account management of key accounts
- Business improvement, achieving aggressive productivity targets. Be the champion of sales processes and disciplines
- 3 years of experience in sales, business development and/or HVAC controls engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Good rapport and network with Clients & Subcontractors
- Experience with Automation Systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Act as a Business Development Consultant, managing a specified territory, establishing and implementing business plans for growth and carrying out regular business reviews, identifying client needs
- Achieve targets set by manager
- Develop a bespoke strategy to manage top accounts
- Win new business and open new accounts that meet the brands premium criteria
- Be proactive in understanding client needs. Respond quickly and effectively to client requests
- Collaborate effectively with Commercial team and wider Active Cosmetics team to capitalise on opportunities
- Complete all required administration in a timely and accurate manner
- Proven track record in Sales managing key accounts is essential with strong experience in delivering training
- Acts/Leads with human sensitivity
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant field
- A track record of securing large contracts, preferably those funded by DFAT on behalf of managing contractor/s
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with clients from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, and to work effectively in politically sensitive and challenging environments
- Experience working across the region with a desire to travel and an enthusiasm for tackling unfamiliar and challenging problems
- Outstanding English written and oral communication skills with additional regional languages an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team work
- Mature and professional approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Understands the importance of safety and embraces a reporting culture where all safety issues are promptly reported and addressed
- High-level ability to prioritise, plan and organise workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills to reason through problems and complex issues, anticipate barriers, and create practical solutions
- Proven ability to maintain a positive outlook and sense of humour with team members
- Drives revenue growth by developing annual sales, marketing, and financial plans for each franchisee. Performs business evaluations. Tracks and facilitates progress by gathering and analyzing data, making recommendations, building commitment, and overcoming objections
- Advises franchisees how to evaluate and act on financial analysis tools such as profit and loss statements, balance sheet, cash flow review, financial key performance indicators, pricing strategies, etc
- Identifies business needs and opportunities to improve performance and growth by leveraging company operating systems. Facilitates learning and sharing of best practices in a wide variety of formats, including group presentations and face to face training
- Ensures full brand standards compliance with all products, equipment, tools, operating systems, processes, and initiatives to promote operational excellence and superior customer experiences. Provides action plans with timing to resolve any system non-compliance. Performs field audits for quality assurance
- Operates motor vehicle when traveling to conduct field audits, site visits, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Master’s degree preferred 5+ years of experience in business operations management or related field required
- Experience in project management, leadership, budgets, profit and loss, employee supervision, customer service, and conflict resolution required
- Sales experience in the service industry preferred Multi-unit franchise operations or strategic business planning experience preferred
- Business and financial acumen Strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Project management, organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Executive presence with the ability to speak publicly (e.g. facilitation of workshops, training sessions, and large group settings)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications(e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to travel 50-60%, including overnight
- Who enjoy business
- Who like to develop and win business
- Who are competitive
- Who are extremely results oriented
- Who like to help people achieve their goals
- Sales experience preferably phone sales would be preferred
- Experience in a professional service industry would be preferred
Business Development Consultant Georgia Resume Examples & Samples
- Establishing and building credibility
- High energy individual
- Motivate self and others to achieve profitable results
- Balance and persistence in customer follow-up
- See ahead clearly; can anticipate future trends accurately; learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required
- Conflict Management
- Comfortable using smart phones, iPads or other mobile devices to search for and share information, manage activity (calendars, SFDC), present prepared materials, photograph customer site conditions, and integrate print, video and picture media into a tailored customer presentation (not production quality but to the level of a well done PowerPoint)
- Well-developed sense of the customers’ business, their drivers, and their organization
- Good knowledge of offerings and solutions within industries
- Understands the HBS value proposition
- Understands customers’ decision making processes, buyers, and influences
- Knowledge of HBS processes, commercial terms, contract terms, etc
- 3 years of HVAC Building Controls B2B sales experience
- Extensive vertical customer expertise enabling effective communications at the highest level of the customer’s organization is preferable
- Generate new revenue for the consumer business by identifying, managing and converting sales opportunities
- Identifying clients with a need for the solutions provided by the consumer business
- Building strong relationships with Mercer colleagues and helping them understand their clients’ employee need
- Sales representative for the consumer team across all our offices
- Implementing ambitious sales strategies
- Related business experience across Health, wellbeing and/or benefits
- Excellent communication skill
- Flexible and business focus
- Degree level or equivalent preferred but not essential
Business Development Consultant AIM Chicago Resume Examples & Samples
- BA/BS related degree
- 5 years of healthcare related experience with 3 - 5 years of business development experience
- MS/MBA is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
Energy Business Development Consultant Indiana Resume Examples & Samples
- Honeywell as the partner of choice
- Financial and business acumen; capable of creating unbudgeted opportunities funded from value of the solution or offering
- Demonstrated previous customer acquisition experience in the funded and energy retrofit market
Internal Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Post secondary graduation or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a Sales setting
- Current sales professional or high potential to become one
- Industry-related education is an asset
- Self motivated individual with a strong sales aptitude
- Bilingualism (English/French - oral, written) is considered a strong asset
- Special consideration for Chinese language skill sets
- Providing front-line support to our demo clients; will predominantly consist of answering queries and educating them about the product offering. This may be achieved within one telephone conversation but realistically, you’ll be handling a demo client for a period of up to 2 weeks,
- Following adoption of company sales techniques, open questions will be used to better understand the client’s needs and previous experience. Should the client have an objection (i.e. something’s holding them back from taking that next step), you will be expected to troubleshoot that objection and provide the client with a solution,
- Coordinating with the Account Opening and Compliance departments to ensure that pending applications are activated in accordance with in-house procedures and local regulatory requirements,
- There will be a minimum expectation for outbound dials and time spent on the telephone, and key performance metrics will revolve around (a) demo to live account, and (b) pending to active account conversion rates
Energy Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Help vet existing offerings, identify gaps and differentiators
- Develop a thorough understanding of ICF’s practice areas in order to best represent ICF capabilities to third parties. In addition it would facilitate the creation of new or refined products that may be attractive to clients
- Support ICF internal experts with strategic pitches and overseeing the development and maintenance of high quality pitch resources
- Leverage deep professional relationships to generate new client relationships
- Set up meetings (in-person, phone, online) with ICF staff and project developers, construction managers, procurement directors, finance professionals, and engineers to expose them to wind industry professionals
- Work with marketing to have ICF professionals presenting at industry conferences, and develop the distribution of webinars and papers designed to attract wind development clients
- Research new prospects and new contacts; contact and engage (get on distribution lists) of procurement groups at every conceivable wind company
- Manage the on-going relationship between clients and ICF to ensure client has exposure to ICF’s full suite of capabilities, and ICF can nimbly respond to client opportunities
- Work with ICF professional staff and marketing to develop methods for them to successfully promote their value to clients
- Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in area of expertise. Considerable post graduate work and certifications may be desired
- 10+ years of specific subject area work experience including advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Highly specialized business and functional skills
- Must be able to establish influential partnerships at all levels
- Experience with business development and client development
- Recognized internally and externally for expertise in functional area
- Meet or exceed annual sales financial targets, which contribute to divisional profit and growth objectives
- Business will focus primarily on Power. Experience in this local market and relationships with the related clients is essential
- Consistently identify new business opportunities at existing and potential customers to ensure sustained profitable growth. Conform to company policies including commitment to ethical conduct
- Utilize all available resources, differentiating the organization to grow the business
- Meet Goals and Objectives determined by Sales Management, which typically include goals regarding safety, territory and account planning, training, and more
- Follow the details of the Sales Operating System (SOS) with an emphasis on disciplined usage of our CRM, Siebel, and accurate weekly forecasting for pulse discussions
- Adhere to all Honeywell policies and procedures as determined by corporate and local management
- Represent Honeywell with our customers in a cheerful, responsive, professional, proactive, and ethical manner that reflects well on our company and core values
- Experience in the Power Generation market sector
- MBA is preferred
- 5 years’ experience selling hardware/software automation in industrial controls in the power industry as noted above
- Knowledge and experience in the conventional Power and renewable power generation markets
- Demonstrate a track record of taking a new account, breaking in at upper level management levels, and creating a pipeline of opportunities that turn in to orders within 18 months or less
- Polished professional with excellent organizational, communication negotiations, and interpersonal skills
- Positive track record calling on customer’s plant management, upper management and VP levels
- Excellent command of English and Turkish
- Working closely with branch teams to help them determine which asset sharing programs are appropriate for their practice, including but not limited to the Goodknight Program, Partner Plan and Retirement Transition Plan
- Marketing, coaching, and supporting Veteran Branch Teams to help enhance their business and/or create an exit strategy for retirement
- Providing the proactive written and verbal coaching, facilitation of web meetings and seminars to help branch teams evaluate their practice in addition to ongoing reactive support to all program participants to help ensure a successful transition of client relationships
- Collaborating with Area and Regional Leaders, Area and Regional Asset Sharing Ambassadors, and other headquarters departments to provide the information and support necessary to work as a team to support and grow all programs offered by the Asset and Office Sharing Department
- Conducting phone conversations, written communication, web meetings, and the facilitation of workshops/seminars at home office and in the field to increase participation in Asset Sharing programs
- Analyzing data to offer creative and optimal solutions for the individual branch situation while remaining focused on the firms and department's key objectives abiding by department best practices and policies
- Business Performance
- Operational Administration and Reporting
- Risk, Governance and Control
- B Com Degree in a business related field or equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Sales Support Consultant within the Financial Services Industry
- Certificate of Proficiency (CoP) in Life Insurance
Business Development Consultant ID Resume Examples & Samples
- Develop new customer relationships; Calling at all levels, including senior levels, of target customer organizations; engaging early in the customer buying process to discover customer needs HBS can fulfill and/or influence customer specification prior to bid
- Continuously identifies new sales opportunities and focuses on providing consultative support by building value propositions for the customer; Manage and build customer contacts, serving as HBS’ ambassador in the market place; Focal point for relationship strategies, sales plans, proposal strategies, and contract negotiations, for pursuits in play
- Engage technical buyers, economic buyers, and relationship buyers; engage customers at all levels in any organization including executive level decision makers; could potentially pursue $1-$10M opportunities; could include competitively advantaged opportunities
- Leverages resources to address customers’ drivers and initiatives; Guides and leverages management and executive sponsor interactions with new customers; Responsible for motivating others; provide strategic vision for growth in new accounts, new markets, and new geographies while driving self and others for positive HBS business results
- Profitable growth and focus on new customers and new opportunities; Orders and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan
- Maintain a balanced approach to superior customer service and related account planning; Manage and build customer contacts, Serve as the customer’s ambassador, trusted advisor, and advocate; Analyze contracts, for assigned customers, in order to provide metrics necessary for customer retention; Engage assigned customers, on a predetermined schedule, to identify customer needs and present relevant HBS offerings; Promote additional HBS services and products
- Leverage resources to address customers’ needs; Drives self and others to produce positive business results for HBS
- Associate’s Degree
- 5 years of experience in the industry of HVAC controls, Fire Alarm, Security or Service sales
- Focus on new business Sales utilising a direct go to market approach
- Creation of their own leads and grow their own pipeline
- Lead Generation – inbound and outbound (through email, phone and online systems)
- Acquire New Clients
- Achieve New Business Sales Target
- Required to be out of the office prospecting new business opportunities (cold calling)
- Provide accurate sales forecast using the sales CRM tool
- Compilation of all required Sales collateral for Clients (eg: sales proposals, presentations etc.)
- Achieve weekly / monthly sales activities to drive sales pipeline
- Conduct product demo’s online or in client meetings
- Working closely with marketing & inside sales teams
- Involvement in adhoc sales related projects
- · Industry knowledge (Email, Cloud, Email Anti-Spam, Email Archiving, Email Marketing)
- · Experience with Internet related software or systems
- · A clear preference for hunting with a touch of farming
- · Excellent written, verbal communication & presentation skills
- · Excellent negotiations and closing skills
- · High degree of customer focus
- · Target / Goal Driven
- · Robust personality
- · Very professional and presentable
- · Good objection handling skills – this requires good product knowledge and business acumen
- · A good listener
- · A good understanding of people and how to position offerings to them
- · Self-motivated
- · High degree of confidence, without being arrogant
- · Ability to close deals; i.e. a proven track record with a high close rate
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or computing/computer engineering or equivalent
- Proven successful experience in Software Sales within the Automotive vertical
- Proven strong experience in Outcome and Technical selling for Automotive costumers
- Demonstrated high target achiever
- Works with individuals across the GE businesses on how to use Big Data to collect and analyze market information as well as how to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic commercial decisions
- Proactive in seeking out new digital platforms to drive deeper connections with customers – such as heat mapping existing relationships on LinkedIn to identify new sales opportunities, active in industry groups/blogs to gain exposure to target audiences and viewed as a domain expert
- Thoroughly analyzes data to identify trends and issues that translate into a plan for the customer with some connection to seemingly independent problems
- Identifies and prioritizes critical GE resources needed to further the sales effort, negotiating with stakeholders for utilization
Mysql Telesales Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Use analysis, CRM systems and internet tools to efficiently prospect and prioritize sales leads
- Contact marketing generated leads and follow a qualification process in order to identify prospects that are appropriate for sales opportunities
- Meet daily outbound call quota
- Project a professional, high quality image to potential MySQL users and customers when answering inbound customer calls and when making outbound calls
- Use CRM system to track lead activity and qualification progress and use system tools to pass qualified leads as appropriate
- A technical BD background in engineering, computer science or equivalent work experience required
- Passion to learn, quick to learn
- Fluent Mandarin and English required
- Drive the acquisition of new business exceeding revenue and profit growth targets
- Support field sales staff and other RM product teams to maximise every opportunity
- Generate upsell and cross sell opportunities for the wider RM portfolio
- Qualify the opportunities identified and present propositions that are both valued by the customer and profitable to RM
- Establish strong customer relationships and provide outstanding customer service
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline of expertly qualified leads and successfully convert more than is required to deliver the team’s sales targets
- Prospecting, lead nurturing, pipeline conversion
- Proven track record in a Sales role with evidence of delivering successfully over the phone – ideally in the IT sector
- An interest in or knowledge of the education sector
- Capable of engaging with, maintaining and winning accounts in areas where competition is strong
- Ability to instantly connect with customers and prospects, uncovering the customer’s situation and needs
- Self-motivated, operates at pace and takes responsibility for own performance and learning
- Determined to succeed and recognises importance of measuring and reviewing key performance indicators
- High standards – Continually strives to improve, irrespective of experience or success levels
- A-Level standard education
Senior Business Development Consultant Georgia Resume Examples & Samples
- Ability to create/seek out and assess new opportunities
- Position Honeywell as the partner of choice
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of solution sales, infrastructure or energy retrofit experience or in lieu of degree 8 years of solution sales, infrastructure or energy retrofit experience
- Direct field experience in working with top public or SOE accounts across your territory
- BD experience with virtualization/infrastructure solutions a bonus
- Exhibits excellent judgment, is comfortable to deal with ambiguity, able to innovate
- Excellently communicate clearly through oral and written communications
- Excellent teaming skill, ability to create alignment among internal cross functions
Manufacturing Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Bachelor's degree in Market Research or Engineering; concentration in Product Diversification, Product Research, or Market Intelligence within the Manufacturing Industry
- Five years of high volume project management within Research / Development for the manufacturing industry with operational / conversational knowledge of Technology-Driven Market Intelligence, Technology Transfer or Technology Commercialization
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence, draft proposals, and use technical writing methods
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop professional relationships and contract closures
- Superior organizational and project management skills including development of strategic and operational plans (budget projection)
- Strong customer service skills with a commitment to performance excellence through sales presentations and funding solicitation
- Office computer skills including use of Customer Relationship Management software
- Valid US or Canadian driver’s license
Business Development Consultant Kansas Resume Examples & Samples
- Work closely with Consulting Engineers, Contractors, and End Users to develop Temperature Control and integrated / converged systems (Fire Alarm, Security, CCTV, etc) with goal to specify Honeywell as pre-qualified bidder
- Work closely with Honeywell team members (including estimators, sales, and subject matter experts) to plan strategies, develop and present Honeywell value propositions
- Lead bid tactics (strategies) on bid day for competitive opportunities
- Record bid activity and post-bid data to evaluate competitive market
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer IT, Technical, HVAC, or Engineering or in lieu of degree we need technical sales experience in Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) related work
- 3 years of business to business selling experience and/or sales support experience
- HVAC, Technical, or Engineering Degree (BS)
- HVAC and temperature controls knowledge (theory and applied)
- Unfazed by multiple activities all occurring at once; organizes people and workflow to meet objectives for each activity on time with high quality (Stock Broker mentality)
- Demonstrated previous customer acquisition experience in the building controls and energy retrofit market
- Takes intelligent risks and achieves results by applying sound judgment and experience to every sales situation; shows tenacity and experience
- Understands the HBS value proposition and broader Honeywell
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with HR and key business decision makers over telephone, email and in person, utilizing a marketing database for tracking outbound prospecting and lead generation activities
- Develop and grow sales relationships with prospects using effective probing, listening and communication skills, with the ultimate goal of setting an appointment
- Build relationships by inviting prospects to seminars and workshops, and soliciting participation in MMA-MI’s Annual Group Benefits Survey and results presentations
- Represent MMA-MI and interact with prospects, clients and other influencers at industry events including SHRM chapter meetings, MISHRM, ASE, et al
- Reinforce relationships with distribution of marketing collateral materials, Viewsletters, Benefit Advisors, and other knowledge products
- Based on scale of “Tough Nut” to “8%”, determine “readiness” for prospect to make a change to a new broker. Monitor/forecast progress along this scale to help grow and retain MMA-MI business
- Partner with VP of Sales and Account Directors to develop a prospect into a client, up to setting an appointment for the VP of Sales and/or Account Director to discuss MMA-MI employee group benefit capabilities, and compiling prospect profile data to help prepare for such meetings
- Identify opportunities to leverage MMA-MI’s ability to address and resolve prospect needs and partner with Account Directors to follow through
- Responsible for updating the database in a timely manner, reflecting call and email activity, contact information, notes from each call, names, addresses, and potential reactions or interest in MMA-MI
- Partner with other MMC entities (Marsh, MMA P&C offices) to cross-promote services
- Familiar with the Benefit Stewardship Process, client list, and corporate activities in order to keep prospects informed
- Learn and gain understanding of basic employee benefits industry, trends and core concepts
- Attend MMA-MI Seminar & Workshop events to greet attendees/prospects; identify opportunities to introduce to other MMA-MI team members and attendees
- Actively promotes the services of MMA-MI
- Deliver survey results, gifts and other appropriate information to assigned prospects, either in person, via mail, or electronically. May include setting up a Survey Results Review meeting between a prospect and Account Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of sales or marketing related experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel; willing to attend training session if needed for other applications
- Knowledge/basic understanding of database formatting. Familiar with Salesforce or similar tools; willing to attend training session to ensure accurate usage
- Ability to use Internet, LinkedIn, social media, print publications and other tools for research and informational purposes
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, whether in person, over the telephone or via email and written communications
- Strong interpersonal communication and telephone skills required for successful daily interaction over the phone
- Ability to think and respond quickly
- Team Player
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service, proven history in a sales type of role
- Self-starter and experience in/interest in knowledge of benefits industry (competitors, region, and end users) will be highly regarded
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate employee group benefit products
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Some in-state travel involved throughout the year
- Prioritize accounts and opportunities for investment and expansion
- Work directly with field sales employees (DSC/BDE) to identify prospects and develop market-specific strategies for clients. Capture largest in-market opportunities and prospects through a combination of solo direct selling and team presentations via four-legged calls. Target clients will include non-paying dealers and prospects within assigned territory
- Assess the effectiveness of dealer marketing and advertising spend in order to identify gaps and opportunities
- Collaborate and deliver a pre-determined number of product presentations to prospective and current customers to align with or exceed goals set by sales leadership
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue and growth goals as set by sales leadership
- Effectively share field/product successes, opportunities, and challenges with Business Development and field sales teams as well as corporate support and enablement teams via strong written and verbal communications
- Develop and manage a pipeline of opportunities to meet and exceed sales targets by being an industry expert and highly skilled closer
- Leverage additional resources (e.g. BDE, Marketing, etc.) to close business requiring expertise beyond the BDC role
- Coach and influence Dealer Success Consultants & Business Development Engineers, as needed
- Utilize Salesforce as the tool of record to capture all dealer sales calls, information, and opportunities
- Lead dealer product training and delivery, as needed, and ensure smooth account transitions to Dealer Success Consultants for ongoing account management
- Successfully complete all required training while seeking a superior level of industry knowledge and an expertise in all Cox Automotive solutions
- 5+ years proven experience in a sales revenue generation role
- Previous experience and a proven high level of success presenting/selling solutions to clients
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time within regional geography, with occasional overnight stays
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge in various technologies
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred (e.g. Marketing, Communications)
- Consultative selling of cloud based, PaaS, SaaS and IaaS solutions
- Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset in the Heavy Industry manufacturing
- Proven track record of account management and outcome sales success
- Local language knowledge and fluent English required
Senior Senior Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Proven successful experience in Software and Outcome Sales within a software organization
- Proven experience in complex Outcome sales on C-level
- Extensive experience in large accounts management and complex deals
- Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset in the Automotive manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
- Develops acceptable strategies to mitigate risks triggered in RFP's and/or customers' T&Cs while meeting GE business objectives
- Leads the implementation of economic value selling throughout customer organization
- Develops acceptable mitigation strategies that consider T&Cs of customers, competition and partners and key differentiators while also meeting business objectives
- Drive business plan for Edgeline product line in his geographic region. Follow up on sales execution, grow funnel, convert funnel
- Put in place the necessary eco system of partners (OEMs, ISVs, SIs, internal hpe entities,..) to drive success
- Be the ambassador of Edgeline in the region and evangelist
- Actively contributes/leads the definition of the category business plan with WW business unit
- Quota responsibility for Edgeline product line in his geographic region
- University or Bachelor degree in Marketing or Finance; advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred
- Customer facing sales experience
- Strong Technical OT knowledge (operation technology)
- Innovator at the heart, biased for action and partnership first
- Vertical market knowledge (must) selling technical equipment into sector such as manufacturing, energy/utilities, police/ defense
- Knowledge of Internet of Things (IOT) market, technologies, players such as Schneider Electric, ABB, Siemens, GE, National Instruments...(a big plus)
- Big data/analytics market knowledge
- Multi-year sales experience
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing, finance-margin-P&L)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and a minimum of 3+ years related Defined Benefit experience required
- Requires basic knowledge of all aspects of pension plans including plan design considerations, products and services, investments, laws and regulations, industry standards, and the competitive environment
- Excellent communication skills including, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze and comprehend more complex information
- Limited travel required (<5% of time), for offsite training
SAP Order Management Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Strong client communication and relationship building skills
- 2+ Years with Order to Cash processes in SAP SD/MM (Sales Order Processing, Logistics Execution, Billing)*
- Ability to participate in and contribute to thought leadership efforts (white papers, conference presentation materials, internal assets)
- Previous SAP project lifecycle experience*
- Delivering technology innovation services
- Design Thinking as an approach to solving client problems
- Multiple delivery methodologies & operating models that support multi-speed IT
- Enterprise integration solutions and offerings
- Analytics solutions
- Delivering an excellent omni-channel experience for customers and enterprise users alike
- Different technology architectures and trends
- Experience across multiple stages of the project delivery lifecycle
- Knowledge of Dev Ops processes and tools
- Industry experience across one of more groups – retail, life sciences, travel and consumer goods
- Passion for technology trends e.g. Internet of Things, Mobility, Cloud, Analytics
- 3+ Years SAP Experience Prior experience with business cases and shaping client value propositions
- Prior experience with business cases and shaping client value propositions
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specs and other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases
- The ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Strong interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills
- Experience working through organizational change, with a demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
- An ability to identify the root causes of issues by analyzing patterns and trends
- An awareness of key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
- A desire to deliver to a high standard in a suitable timeframe
- Self-motivating, adaptable, able to prioritize and also able to inspire and motivate others
AIG Life Uk-business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- To ensure clients are kept fully informed of both AIG Life proposition and forthcoming product developments
- To keep up to date on developments within the IFA protection marketplace and how this can affect our position
- To ensure that all appropriate client information and notes are inputted in a timely and coherent manner
- To keep clients fully informed regarding any issues or complaints they have raised
- To be able to engage IFAs and articulate views over the telephone or by email
- To understand the AIG Life protection proposition, including products, systems and processes and how we compare with competitors
- To be a team player sharing best practices amongst team and KAMs, and working closely and collaboratively with customer services and others
- IT literate
- Organised and methodical
- Establishes relationships with prospective firms, provides consultation and education regarding platform of choice or acquisition opportunities
- Manages and oversees growth of Custody and Clearing revenue in retained book of business
- Assists firms during transition to the RJ Platform
- Advanced knowledge of custody and clearing business
- Bachelor’s Degree from four year college or university with a minimum of five (5) years experience in Business Development or Sales, with experience with recruiting financial advisors in a financial services environment
- Masters in Business Administration may be a plus depending on assigned area
- Work directly with account managers and sales engineers to identify prospects and develop market-specific strategies for clients. Capture largest in-market opportunities and prospects through a combination of solo direct selling and team presentations via four-legged calls. Target clients will include non-paying dealers and prospects within assigned territory
- Collaborate and deliver a predetermined number of product presentations to prospective and current customers to align with or exceed goals set by sales leadership
- Effectively share successes, opportunities, and challenges with Business Development and field sales teams as well as corporate support and enablement teams via strong written and verbal communications
- Minimum of 80 percent field time developing, re-establishing and growing client relationships and business, with a significant focus on communicating value to new customers
- Lead dealer product training and delivery, as needed, and ensure smooth account transitions to Account Managers for ongoing account management
- Coach and influence Account Managers and Sales Engineers, as needed
- Develop broker relationships with Pinnacle brokers in a defined area to increase broker market share
- Represent and promote the Bank by acting as a senior relationship manager within a specified territory. Act as an information resource for the full range of Bank mortgage products and services
- Contribute to the growth and profitability of the territory by maintaining a regular broker contact program to ensure effective management and expansion of each broker relationship. Support the mortgage brokers by working directly with centers of influence, accountants, real estate agents and participating in client seminars. Actively demonstrate the merits of integrating our products and services as a supporter of the independent advice channels with a unique offer in comparison to the traditional lending products
- Ensure flow of business occurs seamlessly by coordinating field activities and directing business to the appropriate servicing unit of the Bank. Act as problem solvers to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness by highlighting opportunities for improvement in operational areas. Act as a conduit for feedback from the field by relaying ideas for improving existing products and services as well as new product opportunities
- Ensure maximum revenue generation within the territory by creating an annual business development plan
- Partner with the Business Development Consultants and other banking specialists within the defined territory to build further interest in Manulife Bank debt management and deposit solutions
- Share best practices with DVPs, business development consultants & other specialists from other sales territories within Manulife Bank and Manulife Financial
- Perform front line business risk management function through awareness, support and implementation of compliance and company policies with financial advisors, including supervision of sales related activities
- Responsible for escalation of market conduct or compliance related concerns to the National Partnership Director and Bank Compliance
- Coordinating Bank territory business development activities with RVPs, DVPs, Business Development Consultants, Wealth Management Wholesalers and National Account Wholesalers
- Sound understanding of personal and commercial lending policies and practices
- 7 or more years of banking/credit experience
- Experience as a Business Development Manager in the broker market
- Superior sales and customer service abilities
- Highly organized and self-disciplined
- Good knowledge of Manulife Financial mortgage products, including Manulife One
- Good working knowledge of PC Windows environment
- Good understanding of regulatory / legal environment and issues
- Time and territory management skills
- Have or be working toward an industry designation, AMP, etc
- Ability to travel throughout territory
- Presentation /Communication Skills
- Consulting and strong active listening skills
- Strong presentation skills (both in one-on-one and group settings)
- Product Expertise
- Expert knowledge of Manulife Bank products and systems
- Strong understanding of residential and commercial lending policies and practices
- Strong knowledge of marketing concepts, sales strategies and product applications
- Strong knowledge of competitive positioning
- Relationship Management Skills
- Ability to persuade and negotiate
- Can mentor developing team members
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships with wholesalers of other company departments
- Diplomacy and conflict management skills where financial advisors/ mortgage brokers may meet communication of company policies with resistance
AVP, Lead Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Develop specific operations strategy and initiatives in order to deliver synergy between strategy and business goals to meet new business, profitability, and policy retention goals
- Promote accuracy and efficiency in processes to provide strong client support; evaluate operational issues to determine if competitive and current
- Network internally and externally to promote QBE interests and aid in identifying new opportunities; generate new business premium and policy growth
- Maintain regular contact with brokers to strengthen business relationships and equip them with information and tools that support the achievement of new business and retention sales objectives
- Facilitate delivery and participate in execution of business plans for assigned brokers to achieve business goals that are in alignment with the region’s profitability and growth expectations
- Conduct research and analysis on emerging industry trends, issues, and competitive intelligence
- Oversee agency collateral, compliance, value proposition services, and market research
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders including customers, brokers, business partners, and colleagues in order to maximize influence
- Oversee the implementation of sales and marketing tactics to support continued growth and profitability
- Facilitate resolution of business problems and significant business change to implement solutions in a controlled manner
- Liaise with business leaders by sharing knowledge and leveraging team resources to raise awareness of marketing team capabilities and build trusting relationships
- Manage and support event planning team by gaining understanding of customer goals to share knowledge, foster team understanding and acquire necessary resources to meet objectives
- Partner with department peers by collaboratively reviewing marketing materials and sharing knowledge to foster consistency of department deliverables and alignment with organizational brand
- Contribute to a positive environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and guiding leaders to reward performance and value “can do” people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Adopt QBE values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
- 5 plus years' relevant experience
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
- Principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services including marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Actively keep abreast of market dynamics and demonstrate market cycle awareness in order to operate effectively and appropriately
- Knowledge of insurance industry, products, and key competitors
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to effectively market QBE capabilities, services, and competitive advantages
- Consult and recommend changes and improvements to leaders
- Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups to settle differences with minimum noise
- End-to-end strategic planning and implementation including risks, benefits and opportunities analysis to ensure organizational competitiveness and satisfaction of established long-range objectives
- Manage multiple customers concurrently and effectively
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to use them to influence others and facilitate action
- Proven ability to identify and develop opportunities for business growth and profitability
- Proven ability to motivate others to seek opportunities and innovative approaches
- Establish and maintain effective, trusting and respectful relationships with customers
- Adapt and be flexible in a complex changing environment
- Build support for ideas through persuasion and consensus building
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and resolve complex problems
- Ability to develop strong business relationships
- Ability to understand financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures
Business Development Consultant Dubai Resume Examples & Samples
- A top degree in Business or IT related disciplines from a reputable university
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment, self-belief and achievement-orientation
- Provide program management support to the development and implementation of strategic business development programs and modules
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to develop content and key messaging for programs and modules
- Develop industry leading concepts and business building ideas that effectively lead to sales growth
- Conduct research into industry best practices and market opportunities to provide insight and recommendations to address them
- Participate in the delivery of programs and modules to Financial Advisors and the Wealth Distribution sales team
- Experience within distribution (sales and marketing), client and relationship skills, service oriented, aptitude for fast paced sales environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, experience in managing programs and overseeing cross functional working teams
- Ability to work in a matrix or shared services organizational model
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Post-secondary education in Business / Mathematics / Economics
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three years of proven sales excellence
- Telecommunication Experience
- Valid driver’s license with minimal infractions
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Basic computer skills
- Lead the local execution of Allegion developed Channel Led sales programs targeted to Locksmith accounts in the assigned territory
- Coordination and collaboration with Allegion sales team peers supporting Allegion’s Wholesale channel sales strategy
- Drive the sales execution of Channel Led programs and products to accounts in the assigned territory
- Responsible for the territory revenue target assigned to each Locksmith and the cumulative revenue target assigned to the market
- Build strong, productive relationships with Locksmiths who buy Allegion brands via indirect Wholesale and OEM partners
- Build strong, productive relationships with Locksmiths who buy Allegion brands direct as well as OEM partners
- Develop collaborative business plans with Locksmith partners focused on measured results
- Establish a regular call pattern with indirect and direct accounts
- Provide regular feedback to Channel Led team on indirect and direct channel partner needs for growth
- Understand the concept of influence within channel sales and the positive impact drive on revenue performance in the assigned territory
- Maintain awareness and focus on competitive brands and threats within assigned territory
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years sales experience, industry experience preferred
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the door hardware and physical security industries as well as Wholesale/Dealer channel sales
- Experience with mechanical, electro-mechanical door locking hardware, access control systems, access control cards/readers, intelligent electro-mechanical wired and wireless door locking hardware is preferred
- Industry sales or marketing experience within the locksmiths, building contractors or physical security business is desired
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve with entrepreneurial commitment to achieving goals
- Ability to work with and influence a variety of indirect and direct accounts
- Demonstrated experience influencing others with a bias for action
- Self-motivated with entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to partner with customers and internal cross functional teams
- Customer-centric with the ability to balance both customer benefits and business financials effectively
- This role would cover the North Texas Territory
Business Development Consultant VA Resume Examples & Samples
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of sales experience in the building controls industry or In lieu of a degree you must have 10 years of sales experience in the building controls industry
- Sales lead and account generation capabilities
- Proven decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong computer software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven outside sales experience, preferably selling a technical solution or service
Business Development Consultant Outbound French Market Resume Examples & Samples
- Proven track record in identifying business and generating new business leads via the Internet, Telephone or Social media
- Understanding of the use and application of IT systems in a Business environment
- A strong desire to progress in a sales career
- Fluency in French and English
Business Development Consultant Outbound German Market Resume Examples & Samples
- Contributing individually to the team targets, achieving a high level of client satisfaction and quality lead generation
- Self- motivated to continuously expand personal and professional knowledge
- An eagerness to work in a high pressured, fast moving and challenging environment
Business Development Consultant Maryland Resume Examples & Samples
- Passion for smart buildings and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Ability to develop and execute prospecting and account plans
- Technical application experience with HVAC Controls, fire alarm, security, and mechanical systems highly desired
- Comfortable developing relationships at senior levels of management
- Strategic sales experience focused on creating value through improved business outcomes
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Engage with financial decision makers of 5-50 million USD sales turnover companies to close desirable business
- Position WUBS’ broad product base to targeted business markets. Products: FX Options, E-Platforms and market specialists
- Continually maintain an effective understanding of the FX market and broader business/economic landscape to enhance sales effectiveness
- Record all client/prospect communication on SFDC ensuring that all details are up to date
- Independently manage leads through the entire sales process
- Perform to specific KPI’s set by WUBS
- As required proactively cold call and prospect in assigned segment(s)
- Autonomously identify and engage internal & external resources to deliver solutions and bring new clients on board
- Leverage field sales organisation and relevant management to close sales opportunities
- Complete necessary business administration and reporting as required by management and the business
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in business to business sales preferably within the deliverable FX bank or non-banking sector
- Educated to college degree level or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication/presentation skills across all media
- Adept in negotiating at executive corporate level to achieve set objectives
- Ability to ask probing questions to understand the needs of a prospect with the skill to appropriately suggest dynamic solutions
- High degree of professionalism, with a confident, assertive style
- Highly motivated with an exceptionally strong desire and drive to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously with a high level of tenacity
- Effective time management skills and commitment to work to strict deadlines
- Solid computer skills with competency in the use of MS Office, web conferencing tools and Internet search engines
- Meet and where possible exceed sales and contribution goals
- This is a Hunter Role – that will require researching, contacting, and communicating with new prospects and existing accounts to create and/or expand business. This includes the areas of
- Application Modernization
- 2+ years successfully selling into enterprise IT organizations
- Consistent track record of achieving annual sales goals
- Proven ability to sell
- Understanding of the nature and challenges of large IT organizations
- Knowledge of application modernization market and message would be beneficial
- Assess ANZ environment for technologies aligned with Abbvie strategy, and develop relationships with identified future partners
- Work with Abbvie’s Global S&E team and the Head of Pipeline Strategy to become familiar with the External Innovation Strategies in the company’s therapeutic areas of interest
- Scan Australia and New Zealand biotechnology and academic environment to identify opportunities aligned with AbbVie S&E strategic therapeutic targets
- Contact point for ANZ external research partnering requests and first pass assessment for strategic alignment
- Submission and management of aligned partnering requests for Global assessment decision
- Support Global S&E team with assessment follow up activity as required
- Develop and maintain AbbVie relationships with identified priority institutions
- Establish and maintain ‘watch list’ for future development, with early relationship established
- Lead and execute AbbVie Ausbiotech plan and Global S&E tour October 2017
- Identify opportunities for AbbVie brand to engage and drive corporate reputation within Ausbiotechnology innovation community
- Min 3-5 year’s experience in Search and Evaluation/ Business Development or experience with product/business development assessments
- PhD in Science or Health Science discipline (essential). Experience in Oncology, Immunology, and/or Neurodegenerative Disease Research highly desirable
- Business related degree (desirable)
- Ideally with experience and established relationships in Australian scientific and biotechnology community
- Relationship & Networking
- Business strategy and analysis
- Basic science
- Customer development – Order intake to budgeted level of booking, gross margin and acceptable risk
- Understanding of key processes, economic drivers in order to develop valued customer partnership in control and business solutions
- System and consulting knowledge applicable to vertical markets
- Sales of service products to Industrial Accounts ranging from software support, life cycle asset management programmes, technology upgrades and preventative and comprehensive contracts
- Preparation and maintenance of active medium term account plans
- Act as industry spokesperson and figurehead in order to promote Honeywell’s Brand and capability
- Aggressively deploy new business initiatives
- College diploma or associate degree in a relevant field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Sales, Business Development
- 3 to 5 years of experience with HVAC, Fire Safety/Alarm Systems and/or Security Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Excellent and proven relationship management and stakeholder management skills
- Good knowledge and experience of the mortgage market
- Understanding of the intermediary/direct mortgage sectors
- Good mortgage product and policy knowledge, as well as understanding the competition
- Resilient to change and able to adapt quickly
Business Development Consultant German Market Resume Examples & Samples
- Achieving a high level of collaboration with in-country Marketing and Sales teams by developing and delivering against the joint strategy with the field representatives. Inside Sales representatives and partners
- Proven ability to work remotely with clients
- Fluency in English and German are mandatory
- Knowledge of Oracle products or previous experience in the IT industry will be useful though not essential
Telehealth Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Eight plus years' experience in Project Management
- Three plus years’ experience in health insurance industry
- Project Management experience managing healthcare related projects
- Knowledge of telehealth industry and business application of telehealth technologies
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Experience establishing policies that support company strategy in evolving subject area
- Experience with data analysis
- Proven track record interfacing with external parties, including healthcare providers, in developing solutions to meet a consumer need
- Experience in public affairs or public understanding/influencing
- Demonstrated experience with the concepts, theories and processes of Project Management Methodology (PMM)
- Evidence of positive interaction with a broad spectrum of individuals and departments
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Occasional travel (including overnight)
- Experience overseeing and managing multiple projects with internal and external constituents
- Drive to stay abreast of current advances, legislation and rules, technology and tools in telehealth industry. Prior examples of having done so in healthcare related discipline
- Experience working with various support areas (e.g. Risk Management, Legal, IT, Procurement, Information Management, etc.)
- Medical Cost Management, Network, or Care Management experience
- Advanced analytic skills
- Prior experience in the telehealth industry
- Working knowledge of various components of the business (i.e. Delivery System, Service, Finance, Marketing, Product, etc.)
- Six Sigma Certification
AIG Life Uk-business Development Consultant FTC Resume Examples & Samples
- To achieve set business level targets through active management and planning of account panel
- To attend and actively participate in team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues
- To empathise with the IFA, understanding their business, recognising the importance of using their time sparingly and responding promptly and punctually to issues raised
- To closely manage and develop effective relationship with a number of IFAs
- To be organised in researching IFA sales, planning key discussion issues, scheduling calls, documenting conversations, escalating and resolving issues
- Experienced in account management within a financial services environment
- Experience of telephone selling, or selling life protection insurance with performance targets
- A Levels and GCSE passes in English and Maths or equivalent
- Completed or willingness to study towards an appropriate QCF level 3 qualification in Financial Services
- An effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Experience working in a team
- Identify, engage, consult and close new local business owners on the field, across a wide spectrum of categories (including food, drink, health, beauty etc) on the benefits of featuring their business with Groupon
- Devising marketing features that will assist merchants to increase and calibrate customer traffic
- Enthusiastic selling over the phone and face to face and comfortable cold calling various types of businesses
- To be able to engage IFAs and articulate views over the telephone and by email
- To be a team player sharing best practices amongst the wider team, and working closely and collaboratively with customer services and others
- Experience in account management within a financial services environment
- Driven, results orientated with a positive outlook
Business Development Consultant Nordic Market Resume Examples & Samples
- Identify new business opportunities for Oracle’s product offering through engagement with multiple levels of the client organisation and proactively endorsing Oracle’s solution relevant to their business challenges
- Experience prospecting needs analysis and negotiation in the Business-to-Business sector would be an advantage along with the ability to work to and overachieve on targets
- Experience of using social media tools
- Native proficiency in English
- The ability to work with a dynamic and multinational team in addition to the ability to work alone at times
- At least 6 months’ telephone sales experience,
- Able to demonstrate excellent sales, interpersonal and communication skills, and adopt an enthusiastic approach when speaking to new clients,
- Has previously operated within a goal-orientated environment and is motivated by not only meeting, but exceeding, regular performance targets
- Has a good working knowledge of, and active interest in, the financial markets
- Work across a wide range of industries to build strong relationships with HR professionals and company leaders to identify opportunities to provide Mercer Career services and data packages
- Identify, develop and win new business opportunities within your allocated client base
- Work with the wider Mercer business to understand and develop opportunities with existing Mercer clients
- Work collaboratively with the existing Mercer Career team to understanding their particular areas of strength and the wider Mercer teams to understand the potential for cross-selling opportunities
- Conduct client experience meetings with existing clients to understand their feedback and how we can continually develop our service and business offerings
- Previous experience of the HR industry, including learning and development, talent development and more traditional HR, is highly beneficial
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Undertake in-depth research and analysis of markets & companies to understand market dynamics, product portfolios, financial and operating models, and key strategies
- Track activities of the overall market and specific companies to drive strategy, sales and marketing tactics, and input into product roadmap
- Focus on strategic market mapping, business analysis and long-term value creation
- Collaborate with business development, partner sales and partner ecosystem teams to understand and model partnership opportunities
- Helping push forward long-term organizational strategic goals by building key industry relationships
- Identifying and securing unique business and new technology solution opportunities
- Maintaining extensive understanding of industry trends and growth drivers
- Attend industry Trade-shows/conferences to meet with existing and potential customers, partners, prospects and represent the Dyn brand
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Highly motivated, results-driven with strong technical aptitude, leadership skills and business acumen
- Demonstrated relationship building capabilities
- Ability to manage projects of various size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, public speaking engagements will be required
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal teams
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of sales, marketing, and product management process
- Business degree (Bachelors in Business, Marketing, Management, Finance)
- 7-10 years prior experience working in Internet, SaaS, Business Development and/or Corporate Development functions
- Proof of legal authority to work in U.S
- Create qualified net-new business sales opportunities for various sales divisions across the company
- Manage, qualify, and develop new prospects along prospect lifecycle to produce qualified opportunities
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to create opportunities
- Interact with and qualify prospects via telephone and email
- Detail interactions with prospects as activities and notes in Salesforce to ensure effective lead management, and provide feedback to Marketing on lead scoring and grading
- Align prospect challenges with solution
- Attend tradeshow events in an effort to capture new business leads for subsequent follow up
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure revenue objectives
- Provide closed loop feedback to Marketing and Sales to ensure continuous process optimization
- 1-2 years of quota exceeding Sales Development or relevant experience
- Familiarity with making multiple outbounds per day
- Experience using Salesforce.com & MS Office
- Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company's value proposition and business opportunity
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Highly competitive, self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced sales environment
- Pre call planning including structure, dynamics
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Proven track record achieving measurable inside sales goals in an automated sales environment
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales environment as a team player
- Four year university/college degree preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required
- Meet and exceed annual team sales goals
- Meet and exceed weekly and monthly sales activity goals
- Build strong service relationships with existing adviser base
- Proactively prospect and follow up on adviser leads in coordination with external BDM’s, institutional sales, and account management teams
- Coordinate prospect meetings, presentations, and any other sales activities as needed
- Utilise Morningstar Direct as a key distribution tool to understand competitive positioning, as well as prepare high quality presentations to engage advisers
- Be conversant in all aspects of our Managed Portfolios program
- Utilise Salesforce CRM to document and manage prospecting efforts
- Perform other duties as necessary from time to time
- 5 or more years of sales experience in financial sales industry (ideal to have at least some background working in a branch setting)
- Proven new business development and sales skills
- Ability to establish trust and rapport, build partnerships and work as part of a team
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with high net worth families
- Experience in income and estate tax considerations, investment structure, asset allocation, banking solutions, philanthropic strategies, concentrated wealth techniques and family legacy advisory services a plus
- Develop and manage partnerships with Large Regional Merchants
- Negotiate business and marketing agreements with Technology providers, Large Merchants and Fintech partners
- Work with LG Pay Solution team to set direction of LG Pay Service and develop new features
- Work with LGE US Marketing to launch campaigns with Partners and manage regular LG Pay offers and promotions
- Discover and qualify opportunities for sales teams to pursue in target accounts
- Provide feedback on prospects’ needs, industry trends, market perception, competitive intelligence to the sales team
- Enter leads, contacts, and keep up-to-date information to prospective and current customers in salesforce automation tool
- Participate in sales tools’ creation (slides, factsheets) and work closely with sales and marketing to ensure a consistent message is communicated to customers and prospects
- Manage target recruitment for SimCorp marketing events and other campaigns to nurture prospect and client interest
- Screen, qualify and nurture inbound marketing leads using SimCorp’s sales best practice
- Support sales with appointment setting and initial sales meetings preparation
- Participate in targeted sales campaigns execution
- Produce weekly reports and dashboards for the sales team
- 5 years experience in a similar position either at a capital markets firm or at a software solutions provider servicing the buy-side market
- Excellent business writing, communication and telephone skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent research skills using online channels such as corporate websites and LinkedIn to identify target stakeholders
- Must exhibit ability to effectively interact with all types of people
- Ability to understand the client’s industry and core business processes
- Excellent PC Skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- New Opportunity Support
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- 3+ years’ experience with community based organizations
- 3+ years’ experience interacting with C-Suite leadership
- 3+ years’ Medicaid / Medicare experience
- Ability to influence and create credibility for the organization
- Demonstrated research experience
- Experience presenting internally and externally
Inside Sales, Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Meet or exceed sales goals by being an industry expert and highly skilled closer
- Research prospects and understand their business
- Manage a lead prospecting pipeline and with accurate information about potential clients
- Generate new business via outbound calls and virtual demonstration of Cox Automotive solutions and products to prospective customers
- Maintain a high sales cadence to maximize client interactions
- Manage and overcome prospect objections in order to secure qualified meetings and close the sale
- Generate qualified leads for Business Development Consultants
- Prepare and conduct lead handoff call to provide context and background to Business Development Consultant
- Leverage marketing content to nurture and monitor key dealer contact engagement
- Consistently and effectively communicate the value proposition of CAMSG
- Warm up market for new product launches through targeted dealer outreach
- Work closely with field Business Development Consultants to identify, generate and close new business
- Maintain strong product knowledge on all products and solutions
- Utilize Salesforce and other provided tools to accurately and effectively track activity and to update lead opportunities and account information
- Proactively communicate account and sales information, as well as challenges, to both sales management and Dealer Success Consultants as appropriate
- Ability to travel within regional geography, with occasional overnight stays
- Ability to travel outside of territory for meetings, training, etc
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets and key performance indicators
- Competent in all elements of prospecting
- Ability to engage with enthusiasm and deliver insights over the phone to secure face to face meetings
- Confident in engaging face to face; undertaking a needs analysis, presenting solutions and negotiation
- Self-motivated and an adept time-manager
- Experience and competence with Salesforce (or similar)
- Conduct ad-hoc and scheduled virtual meetings with representatives to assist in the sales process leading to increased sales within the territory
- Make proactive sales calls within an assigned region on a daily basis with existing representatives to strengthen relationships and find selling opportunities
- Identify and convert representatives into producing representatives
- Manage territory to meet production goals
- Create a referral leads list to recruit new representatives
- When appropriate, schedule appointments for the External Wholesaler to meet with producing or potentially producing representatives
- Work closely with the Internal and External Wholesaler to conduct analysis, develop and execute an appropriate business plan to maximize territorial sales
- Utilize Jackson databases to create and maintain representative profile levels and data on current and proposed sales activity
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to demonstrate a proven sales track record
- Possess excellent listening and probing skills
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task
- Must have strong relationship building skills. Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter with high energy and creativity
- 2+ years prior insurance or investment sales experience required
- FINRA series 6 or 7 required
- Additional Securities Registrations and Insurance Licenses may be required, or the ability to obtain them within 30 days of hire
Business Development Consultant Outbound Nordic Markets Resume Examples & Samples
- Generating demand from outbound prospecting as a result of sales initiatives, sales programs campaigns & partner campaigns
- Creating a business pipeline meeting an agreed quota of business opportunities. Opportunity creation should consistently meet or exceed target
- Fluency in English and one of the Nordic languages
- Handles complex short & long term focused projects involving multiple business units
- Works independently and within teams on high visible, divisional/cross divisional complex projects
- Sought as a key resource for resolution of unique or complex business problems
- Advances the interest of the company by serving on teams that are external to the organization when appropriate
- Drives continuous improvements and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree required Individual typically has at least 8+ yrs of related experience
- Proven performance in product distribution
- Demonstrated experience articulating system requirements to technical partners
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels and areas of the organization
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to support multiple projects, juggle multiple priorities, and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and assessment skills, with the ability to effectively identify, communicate and develop solutions to business issues
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
- Mentor/coach FRs and their team/staff on development/execution of their business plans to grow- 30%
- Productivity (e.g. Efficiently building a profitable practice w business development) - 25%
- Facilitate educational events including LiveMeetings, regional workshops, and study groups, etc. - 20%
- Create and manage strong relationships with divisional and regional leadership teams to ensure corporate/field programs are coordinated & implemented - 15%
- Coach FRs to sharpen their sales/marketing/practice leadership skills to enhance their productivity - 10%
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of financial services experience
- State insurance license and Series 7 and 66 licenses required or obtained within 180 days of hire/transfer
- Advanced financial services designation preferred (e.g. CLU, ChFC, CFP, etc
- Initial mission will be to drive sales and presales execution on Financial customers mostly in Eastern US region
- Put in place the necessary partners (OEMs, ISVs, SIs, internal hpe entities,..) to drive success
- Be the ambassador of Moonshot/Edgeline in the region and evangelist
- Quota responsibility for Moonshot/Edgeline product line in his geographic region
- Professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred
- Strong Technical knowledge
- Vertical market knowledge (must) selling technical equipment into sector such as financial services
- VDI/ Big data/analytics market knowledge
- Knowledge of Internet of Things (IOT) market, technologies, players such as Schneider Electric, ABB, Siemens, GE, National Instruments...(a plus)
- Develop a solution selling framework for GE business — tailor deal lifecycle, enablement deliverables, required resources, technology support, maturity model, sales methodology etc
- Establish a deep understanding of customers’ business needs by creating value to customers for our solution footprint
- Add value to the customer’s business and maintain a goal oriented approach to the business partnership
- Demonstrate to customers how they benefit by partnering with GE and how our solutions deliver results
- Aggressively develop and drive a sustainable commercial and solution strategy across multiple customer divisions and geographic poles that is aligned to the agreed account goals
- Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the “go high / go low” strategy for the Enterprise account. Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars – Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support
- Leverage the “Big GE” by coordinating across multiple GE divisions to solve customer challenges and enhance value and loyalty through the introduction of GE Corporate programs. (e.g. Industrial Internet, Minds + Machines)
- Analyzes sales pipeline and maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved
- Actively grow and maintain a multi-year account plan that will be shared globally with parts of our business including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services, and the Development teams to ensure coordination across the business
- Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas, formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion
- Formulates the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of industry, customer and GE product
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related discipline
- Strong software industry experience minimum with proven track record
- Eligibility Requirements
- Must be able to travel 50% -/+ of the time
- Works with individuals across the GE businesses on how to use Big Data to collect and analyse market information as well as how to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic commercial decisions
- Leads the implementation of economic value selling throughout customer organisation
- Thoroughly analyses data to identify trends and issues that translate into a plan for the customer with some connection to seemingly independent problems
- Identifies and prioritises critical GE resources needed to further the sales effort, negotiating with stakeholders for utilisation
- Aviation experience desirable although not a prerequisite
- Technical Expertise
- Trains others on how to thoroughly analyse market data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for management to make decisions and act quickly; Links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies
- Effectively manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset (of self or others) in assigned vertical; Utilises industry knowledge and skillsets to support an industry relevant line of questioning and resultant problem solving definition; recommends decisions that inform commercial growth strategies
- Proactively identifies pipeline risks and develops mitigation plans; Proactively shares 'best practices' to improve pipeline efficiency; Helps to develop sales team relationships with key contacts
- Able to take products, services, solutions knowledge and connect them to customers’ objectives to develop differentiated opportunities for GE; Draws upon non-traditional solutions; Constantly thinks out of the box & outside domain of expertise to develop creative solutions that meet ongoing customer needs
- Coaches and mentor’s others on how to collect, analyse, and share information about market trends and competitors to increase customer retention and attract new business; Proactively identifies trends via data analysis and makes strategic recommendations as appropriate
- Communicates the importance of understanding customer's business strategies to become an advocate for profitability on behalf of the customer - actively reviews accounts, meets with customers, observes sales force, etc
- Coaches and trains others on how to manage account relationships to proactively identify and address client needs and convert competitive installs to GE solutions
- Utilises customer’s feedback or current top objectives to form a comprehensive understanding of the customers’ needs; Communicates multiple reference stories or trends with supporting data. Demonstrates effective time management in preparation for conversations/ discovery process
- Establishes, maintains, and grows key executive relationships within customer accounts; Adept at navigating political and hierarchical landscape and facilitates the customer decision-making process
- Routinely seeks out and uses a variety of sources of financial data to obtain relevant industry, company and customer financial data; Can use financial information to formulate insights on the customers' strategy and potential value opportunities
- A proven and successful track record in selling to large organisations at a senior level
- Experience in the education recruitment sector (Desired)
- Knowledge of school recruitment processes
- An understanding of the education system in the UK including Individual Schools, Trusts, Academies and Free Schools
- Successful management of longer term projects
- Target orientated, entrepreneurial with the ability to negotiate and win new business
- Proven track record of exceeding targets
- A proven ability to build business in a new area
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of market intelligence and expertise of local recruitment practices and employment market trends
- Experience of effective stakeholder management, building positive relationships, engaging and collaborating effectively with others
- Able to demonstrate proactive problem solving skills
- PC literate - MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook. Database search & management
- Maximise sales of MHE products and services in the assigned territory
- Maintain High Level of Digital Competence
- Working and collaborating with other MHE Divisions
- Responding appropriately to customer inquiries as necessary
- Stay generally abreast of technological developments so as to have the necessary knowledge to engage effectively with potential and existing customers in the areas of responsibility
- Maintain professional relationships with all key stakeholders – academics, bookshops, publishing and marketing / Learning Solutions staff
- Sound understanding of higher education and solution-selling
- Consultative sales experience desired by not essential
- Ability to identify and qualify institution wide and high $ value opportunities
- Passion for educational technology and helping university learners
Senior Upstream Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Graduate Degree in Petroleum Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in the oil and gas industry (preferably including work in E&P companies) with strong knowledge of reservoir evaluation techniques and tools, and oil & gas field development and operational experience
- First-hand experience in consulting and project management gained with a consultancy or oilfield service company
- Demonstrated ability for consultative selling to E&P clients and having sales targets, related to reservoir evaluation or other technical areas
- Experience as an end user of reservoir evaluation tools and techniques
- Experience in oil & gas field development and operations
- A broad understanding of E&P asset and portfolio economics, exploration and development, drilling, cost management, supply chain management and performance improvement
- Analytical, quantitative, and able to see the big picture and draw conclusions (and oversee project staff who are similarly engaged) by synthesizing and digesting available data
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills. Able to lead and or work in teams across offices and with members in other practices in a cooperative and efficient manner
- An excellent and articulate communicator, with strong writing and editing skills
- Required language(s): English (Outstanding writing skills in international business English). Arabic language skills would be highly desirable
- Required computer skill(s): Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel internationally for business
Avp-lead Business Development Consultant Resume Examples & Samples
- Identify, qualify, and develop new production sources (retail brokers and TPAs) within assigned region
- Effectively manage established production sources and identify opportunities for relationship expansion and increased production with existing producers
- Continuously develop production sources to their next highest relationship grade level i.e., 1-5
- Input and maintain accurate and current producer information in central contact management system
- Proactive follow up on stop loss quotations to support underwriters and facilitate sales
- Proactively identify key sales opportunities for A&H and other QBE distribution channels
- Continually collect and improve local/regional market knowledge as it relates to production sources (brokers and TPAs), competitors (including carriers, MGUs, BUCAs) and provider networks
- Represent QBE A&H at appropriate industry functions and conferences
- Follow the QBE A&H Division Business Development Plan as the basis for all operating activity. Manage new business and renewal processes to ensure timelines and internal guidelines and protocols are followed
- Contribute to a positive environment by adopting QBE A&H’s cultural expectations. Value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Model QBE values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
- Working knowledge of self-funded employee benefits and Medical Stop Loss
- Medical stop loss business development experience with brokers and third-party administrators
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to travel – as much as 50%
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills
- Participate in and contribute to the identification and planning of initiatives that promote and favorably position QBE A&H with its desired market slot
- Contribute input that may result in the improvement of sales and service to clients
- Enthusiastically contribute to and participate in activities that support a close and positive work culture and business environment
- Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with colleagues and clients
- Build, nurture and maintain positive, productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Utilize insightful judgment and subject matter expertise to make sound decisions
- Adhere to the highest professional standards and quality levels
- Adhere to and support QBEs shared visions
Related Job Titles
- Business Resiliency Resources
- Consultant/Staff Directory
- NBDC News Center
- NBDC Events
- NBDC Business Awards
- NBDC Annual Report
- About Nebraska SBDC
- Financial Forecasting & Loan Packaging
- Valuation and Succession Planning
- Export Strategy
- Import Resources
- Entrepreneurial Journey
- Nebraska SBDC Blog
- Contact a Consultant
- Nebraska Opportunity Zone Summit
- About Government Contracting
- Take the First Steps
- Government Contracting Resources
- Meet the Buyers Conference
- About Innovation & Technology
- SBIR & STTR Funding
- NU Connections
- About SourceLink Nebraska
- SourceLink Nebraska Team
- Personal Action Plan
- Program Information
- About Enlighten
- Enlighten Enrollment
- Sign up for Updates
- Subscribe to Newsletter
- New Client Registration
- Workshops & Events
- Enlighten Library Signup
A comprehensive business plan is essential for sustainability and growth, loan and grant applications, and investor funding.
NBDC consultants can help you:
- Develop a business plan including detailed financial projections
- Refine your target market
- Define your business goals
- Structure the administrative and operational aspects of your business
- Compare your financial estimates to industry standards
- Conduct a cash flow analysis for your business
- Complete a financing package using your financial data
Basic consulting is free, confidential, and focuses on:
- Individuals who wish to start a company
- Businesses planning to expand or pursue new opportunities
- Businesses experiencing operational and financial difficulties
Need assistance? Contact a consultant near you: CONSULTANT DIRECTORY
Other Available Resources
IRS Small Business & Self Employed Tax Center
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
Nebraska Department of Economic Development
Business plan development consultants bring in-depth research, industry expertise, robust financial analysis, and C-suite advisory skills into the business plan development process. They help a business develop a well-conceived business plan that bypasses internal assumptions and biases.
Business development consultants are responsible for three primary obligations: 1. Assist CEOs and owners in creating an effective roadmap for their business direction. 2. Set and prioritize goals and strategies to assist owners in meeting their goals. 3. make sense of accountability Who is looking to hire a business development consultant?
A business plan provides a snapshot of your consulting firm as it stands today, and lays out your growth plan for the next five years. It explains your business goals and your strategy for reaching them. It also includes market research to support your plans. Why You Need a Consulting Firm Business Plan
Business Development/Management Consultant Analyze current and past financial data, such as sales reports, and provide strategies to cut costs and increase revenue. Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
The most important aspects of a consulting business plan are the following elements: Table of Contents Hide 1) 1.Vision 2) 2.Mission 3) 3.Business Description 4) 4.Target Market 5) 5.Marketing Strategies 6) 6.Competition 7) 7. Organization Planning 8) 8. Material and equipment requirement 9) 9.Financial Planning 10) 10. Timelines 1.Vision
5 Ways Business Development Consultants Accelerate Revenue. A business development consultant will accelerate your company's revenue by providing you with a marketing and sales plan that is specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. They do so by: 1. Creating Awareness of Your Brand
Business Development Consultant Responsibilities: Conducting regular, in-depth analyses of our company's policies and processes to ascertain strengths and shortcomings. Analyzing and reformulating existing and promising business contracts to maximize turnover.
Check out these sample business plans for consultants and consulting related businesses. They'll help you format your plan, get the details right, and give your business the best possible chance for success. If you're looking to develop a more modern business plan, we recommend you try LivePlan.
Business development(BD) is the process that is used to identify, nurture and acquire new clients and business opportunities to drive growth and profitability. A business development strategyis a document that describes the strategy you will use to accomplish that goal.
Here are the steps you can take to create a business development commission plan: 1. Research potential commission models There are a wide variety of commission models that work for business development teams, so it's helpful to research what other companies have done that works.
A business development consultant is a professional who works in marketing, human resources, management, and accounting-related fields. They are often employed to perform analysis of a business's operations, development, and strategies.
Business Consultant Responsible for providing business solutions for clients Works with the Business analyst to design workable business plan document for clients Works with the Training and Development Consultant to develop training solutions for clients Tracks hours and bills to clients.
Step1: Create Business Consulting Marketing Plan The first step would be to develop a business plan for business consulting. Since this business demands huge responsibility, you'll need a skilled team, experienced management, and a proper plan to run it.
Create your own business plan Financing Needed The co-founders will each contribute $35,000, for a total investment of $70,000. Total start-up capital and expenses covered (including legal costs, logo design, stationery and related expenses) came to approximately $49,000.
5.0/5 (3 jobs) Business Development Consultants. Infrastructure Management. Security Management. Process Improvement. Business Continuity Plan. Cloud Migration. Business Applications Consultation. IT Compliance Audit.
Being one of the premier business development consultants in Pune, we have expertise in advising our clients about when to invest in and in which business. Preparing a workable business model with its feasibility, location-wise, finance-wise & operations-wise is our forte. Our personalized approach & customized deliverables are what sets us apart.
The business plan companies was started to implement and maintain the best policy control and develop a strategy for doing so and maintaining a smooth relation with the customers. Start-up Expenses. Legal. $72,500. Consultants. $0. Insurance. $32,750.
Build your own Business Development Consultant job description using our guide on the top Business Development Consultant skills, education, experience and more. ... Business Development Consultants work with company executives to create a long-term action plan for the organization. They also gather data, create reports and look at the metrics ...
Engage in new business development and funnel management activities with focus on M2M vertical market developments Establish and maintain 'watch list' for future development, with early relationship established Lead ANZ Business Develop Management Team meetings and strategy development
NBDC consultants can help you: Develop a business plan including detailed financial projections. Refine your target market. Define your business goals. Structure the administrative and operational aspects of your business. Compare your financial estimates to industry standards.
Business Coach | Business Consultant | Small Business Plan | Business Development | Entrepreneur Ogburn's Business Solutions | Client MarineMax (Collin Heimensen) Aug 2010 - Present 12 years 8 ...