How To Write A Research Paper
Research Paper Example
Research Paper Example - Examples for Different Formats
Published on: Jun 12, 2021
Last updated on: Jan 3, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Writing a research paper is the most challenging task in a student’s academic life. Students face similar writing process hardships, whether the research paper is to be written for high school or college.
A research paper is a writing type in which a detailed analysis, interpretation, and evaluation are made on the topic. It only requires not only time but also effort and skills to be drafted correctly.
If you are working on your research paper for the first time, here is a collection of examples that you will need to understand the paper’s format and how its different parts are drafted. Continue reading the article to get free research paper examples.
Research Paper Example for Different Formats
When writing a research paper, it is essential to know which format to use to structure your content. Depending on the requirements of the institution, there are mainly four format styles in which a writer drafts a research paper:
Let’s look into each format in detail to understand the fundamental differences and similarities.
Your first order with us is FREE!
Research Paper Example APA
If your instructor asks you to provide a research paper in an APA format, go through the example given below and understand the basic structure. Make sure to follow the format throughout the paper.
APA Research Paper Sample (PDF)
Research Paper Example MLA
Another widespread research paper format is MLA. A few institutes require this format style as well for your research paper. Look at the example provided of this format style to learn the basics.
MLA Research Paper Sample (PDF)
Research Paper Example Chicago
Unlike MLA and APA styles, Chicago is not very common. Very few institutions require this formatting style research paper, but it is essential to learn it. Look at the example given below to understand the formatting of the content and citations in the research paper.
Chicago Research Paper Sample (PDF)
Research Paper Example Harvard
Learn how a research paper through Harvard formatting style is written through this example. Carefully examine how the cover page and other pages are structured.
Harvard Research Paper Sample (PDF)
Examples for Different Research Paper Parts
A research paper is based on different parts. Each part plays a significant role in the overall success of the paper. So each chapter of the paper must be drafted correctly according to a format and structure.
Below are examples of how different sections of the research paper are drafted.
Research Proposal Example
A research proposal is a plan that describes what you will investigate, its significance, and how you will conduct the study.
Research Proposal Sample (PDF)
Abstract Research Paper Example
An abstract is an executive summary of the research paper that includes the purpose of the research, the design of the study, and significant research findings.
It is a small section that is based on a few paragraphs. Following is an example of the abstract to help you draft yours professionally.
Abstract Research Paper Sample (PDF)
Literature Review Research Paper Example
A literature review in a research paper is a comprehensive summary of the previous research on your topic. It studies sources like books, articles, journals, and papers on the relevant research problem to form the basis of the new research.
Writing this section of the research paper perfectly is as important as any part of it.
Literature Review in Research Sample (PDF)
Methods Section of Research Paper Example
The method section comes after the introduction of the research paper that presents the process of collecting data. Basically, in this section, a researcher presents the details of how your research was conducted.
Methods Section in Research Sample (PDF)
Research Paper Conclusion Example
The conclusion is the last part of your research paper that sums up the writer’s discussion for the audience and leaves an impression. This is how it should be drafted:
Research Paper Conclusion Sample (PDF)
Research Paper Examples for Different Fields
The research papers are not limited to a particular field. They can be written for any discipline or subject that needs a detailed study.
In the following section, various research paper examples are given to show how they are drafted for different subjects.
Science Research Paper Example
Are you a science student that has to conduct research? Here is an example for you to draft a compelling research paper for the field of science.
Science Research Paper Sample (PDF)
History Research Paper Example
Conducting research and drafting a paper is not only bound to science subjects. Other subjects like history and arts require a research paper to be written as well. Observe how research papers related to history are drafted.
History Research Paper Sample (PDF)
Psychology Research Paper Example
If you are a psychology student, look into the example provided in the research paper to help you draft yours professionally.
Psychology Research Paper Sample (PDF)
Research Paper Example for Different Levels
Writing a research paper is based on a list of elements. If the writer is not aware of the basic elements, the process of writing the paper will become daunting. Start writing your research paper taking the following steps:
- Choose a topic
- Form a strong thesis statement
- Conduct research
- Develop a research paper outline
Once you have a plan in your hand, the actual writing procedure will become a piece of cake for you.
No matter which level you are writing a research paper for, it has to be well structured and written to guarantee you better grades.
If you are a college or a high school student, the examples in the following section will be of great help.
Research Paper Outline (PDF)
Research Paper Example for College
Pay attention to the research paper example provided below. If you are a college student, this sample will help you understand how a winning paper is written.
College Research Paper Sample (PDF)
Research Paper Example for High School
Expert writers of CollegeEssay.org have provided an excellent example of a research paper for high school students. If you are struggling to draft an exceptional paper, go through the example provided.
High School Research Paper Sample (PDF)
Examples are essential when it comes to academic assignments. If you are a student and aim to achieve good grades in your assignments, it is suggested to get help from CollegeEssay.org .
We are the best writing company that helps students by providing free samples and writing assistance. Professional writers have your back, whether you are looking for guidance in writing a lab report, college essay , or research paper.
Simply hire a writer by placing your order at the most reasonable price.
Nova A. (Literature, Marketing)
As a Digital Content Strategist, Nova Allison has eight years of experience in writing both technical and scientific content. With a focus on developing online content plans that engage audiences, Nova strives to write pieces that are not only informative but captivating as well.
People also read
How to Write a Research Paper - Ultimate Guide
How to Write a Research Proposal - An Ultimate Guide
Arguable Thesis Statement Examples for Your Essay
Research Paper Outline - An Easy Guide With Examples
Types of Research - Methodologies and Characteristics
Best Reflective Essay Topics & Ideas for Students
Interesting Psychology Research Topics & Ideas
Qualitative Research - Types, Methods & Examples
What is Quantitative Research - Definition & Examples
How to Start a Research Paper - An Easy Guide
Steps to Learn How to Write an Abstract Like a Pro
Learn How to Write a Literature Review for a Research Paper
Types of Qualitative Research Methods - An Overview
Qualitative vs. Quantitative Research - A Complete Guide
How to Cite a Research Paper in Different Citation Formats
Easy Sociology Research Topics for Your Next Project
Outstanding History Research Paper Topics With Expert Tips
How to Write a Hypothesis for a Research Paper
Share this article
Join our mailing list for discount & offers
- Cookies Policy
- Refunds & Cancellations
- Our Guarantees
- Affiliate Program
- Referral Program
Disclaimer: Our website content is sometimes created using AI but is reviewed and verified by our experienced team of editors. All client orders are completed by our team of highly qualified human writers. The essays and papers provided by us are not to be used for submission but rather as learning models only.
Email Address Already Exists!
Please Enter Valid Email!
- Business Templates
FREE 40+ Research Paper Samples in PDF
A Research Paper is a type of document usually associated with the final requirement or the very sample outline of a college student to be allowed to graduate. It makes or breaks a student’s resolve on taking a certain course. However, a research paper is essential in the way it allows the maker of the paper to gather information and data that they would not have known about in any other circumstances.
Research Paper Samples
Sample research paper proposal template - 9+ free documents in ..., sample research papers - 6+ documents in pdf, sample research paper - 5+ documents in pdf.
Writing a research paper may seem difficult at first, but it is an a cademic requirement that all students essay go through at one point, and it is for good reasons. As you continue to read through this article, you will be able to define and create your own research paper more easily.
Clinical Research White Paper Template
- Google Docs
Sample Career Research Paper Essay Template
Essay Outline For Research Paper Template
Proposal Essay For Research Paper Template
Simple Research White Paper Template
Research Paper Analysis Essay Template
Research Paper APA Format Essay Template
Free Sample Research White Paper Template
Research Paper Table of Contents Template
- MS Publisher
Covid 19 Research Paper Essay Template
College Research Paper Template
College-level paper model template.
Size: 92 KB
Sample Library Research Papers Template
Library system research template.
Library Management Systems Template
Size: 53 KB
What Are the Parts of a Research Paper?
A research paper, like any other document, has a certain format to follow. As you may notice from researching for research paper examples , the format of a research paper is always fixed or uniform. As a student we should follow the format accordingly so as to avoid revisions and errors that could be made when not following the proper format of a research paper. Parts of the research paper are as follows:
- Acknowledgment Letter
- Table of Contents
- Curriculum Vitae
What Is an Outline for a Research Paper?
An outline for a research paper is the blueprint or guide a teacher or a professor would provide to their students so as to allow the students to more easily understand how to create and write their own research paper project . A Research Paper Outline is usually explained in full detail to the students so as to allow them to begin working on it without any problems. To most students, it is a draft of what will be the most time-consuming and academically important project in their entire time being a student of their course.
Academic Research Papers Example
Academic performance paper template.
Size: 153 KB
Academic Cheating Research Template
Size: 533 KB
Formal Business Research Papers
Small business innovation management template.
Size: 128 KB
Risk Management Template
Size: 204 KB
Business Ethics Research Template
Analysis Research Papers Template
Data analysis paper template.
Regression Analysis Template
Guidelines for Writing a Research Paper
Research paper formats are already uniformed in nature in the sense that all research papers are expected to have the same outline and design to it, take the Sample Research Papers available here. However, a student can improve on the original format of a research paper, provided that they have informed the teacher or professor ahead of time. Here are some helpful reminders for when you are writing a research paper:
- Listen to the instructor’s instructions. It is always important to listen to the instructor when you are assigned the project of creating a research paper. Instructors usually give tips and ideas on how to write your research paper. They would usually announce the topics you can select as your research paper. They will give you certain formats that need to be followed, such as font size, font, line spacing, etc.
- Follow the assigned format. Research papers are uninformed in format, but the instructors are allowed to change minor details such as font size, font, line spacing, etc.
- Select topics you have some experience in. The main purpose of a research paper is to learn new facts, and selecting a topic you know a little may seem to defeat the purpose of the research paper. However, making a research paper on a topic you know can still yield facts and information that you may not know of. Topics you know of will also allow you to be able to complete your research paper faster.
- Be prepared to rewrite your research paper. Regardless of your experience in writing research paper topics, be prepared for the instructor to suggest revisions on your paper. This is done so with good intention. The instructor would suggest changes so as to avoid difficulties later on.
- Ask the instructor for advice. Don’t feel shy to ask them for advice. It is understandable to ask your instructors for tips and bits of advice on how to write your research paper.
- Submit final output to the instructor. Submit your final output after all the revisions and suggestions have been made.
Environmental Research Papers Outline
Environmental awareness and practices template.
Size: 220 KB
Environmental Pollution Template
Size: 115 KB
Sample Graduate Research Papers Template
Graduate school paper template.
Size: 699 KB
Graduate-Level Research Template
Size: 272 KB
Interview Research Papers Template
Job interview research template.
Size: 252 KB
Cultural Interview Paper Template
Size: 600 KB
Basic Marketing Research Papers
Online marketing template.
Size: 937 KB
Marketing Strategies Template
Size: 98 KB
Marketing Plan Research Template
Size: 296 KB
Marketing Management Template
Size: 396 KB
How to Format a Research Paper
The format of a research paper are quite fixed, with the only changes a professional instructor could make would be the font, font size, and other minor changes that would not affect the research paper as a whole.
However, some instructors may say to make it into a research paper PDF . This simply means that you need to convert your research paper into PDF format so as to avoid others copying your work.
How to Write a Thesis Statement for a Research Paper
Now, a thesis statement is directly relatable to the statement of the problem, in the sense that they are both the main reason for conducting the research paper. It can be said that a thesis statement is the “why” factor of your paper. In order to write a thesis statement, you would need to do a few things first:
- Select a topic. Selecting a topic is always the first thing you should do when making a research paper. It allows you to partially plan out what you will do (a sort of “ planner ” phase of a research paper).
- Identify any and all issues regarding the topic.
- Select the most interesting issue about the topic.
- Interview representatives from the topic.
- Approach your instructor and begin your Research Paper Proposal .
Medical Research Papers Format
Medical assistant template.
Size: 666 KB
Analysis of Medical Image Processing Template
Nursing Research Papers Template
Nursing career template.
Size: 166 KB
Nursing Informatics Research Template
Size: 213 KB
Printable Poverty Research Papers
Child poverty paper template.
Size: 386 KB
Global Poverty and Inequality Template
Size: 183 KB
Quantitative Research Paper Template
Quantitative analysis template.
Size: 544 KB
Sample Immigration Research Papers
Immigration reform template.
Size: 102 KB
Immigration Policy Template
Size: 673 KB
Journal Research Papers Template
Journal of marketing template.
Online Access and Scientific Journal Research Template
Size: 135 KB
How to Write a Conclusion for a Research Paper
How you write your conclusion for your research paper will depend directly on what your topics are all about. In this research paper guide on how to write the conclusion, we will list down the factors you will need when writing. These factors are:
- The topic. The topic is directly important because the conclusion will serve as the answer to the business statement of the problem .
- Data gathered and analysis. The data gathered should be relevant to the topic’s statement of the problem. Data should be analyzed thoroughly to ensure that it is indeed relevant to the statement of the problem.
Free 14+ chart of accounts samples in pdf | ms word | excel, free 17+ sample biography in pdf | ms word, free 30+ sample metric conversion chart templates in pdf | excel | ms word, free 10+ affidavit of confirmation samples [ signature, service, death ], free 10+ affidavit of consent samples [ parental, marital, support ], free 10+ affidavit of correction samples in pdf | doc, free 10+ affidavit of ownership samples [ land, vehicle, transfer ], free 10+ affidavit of income samples [ declaration, self employed, expenses ], free 10+ affidavit of financial support samples [ notarized, immigration, student ], free 10+ affidavit of discrepancy samples [ joint, name, address ], free 10+ affidavit of buyer/transferee samples in pdf | doc, free 10+ affidavit of acceptance samples [ service, knowledge, property ], free 9+ sample user manual templates in pdf, free 9+ visitors log templates in pdf | ms word, free 10+ references samples in ms word | google docs | pages | pdf, sample research plan - 6+ documents in word, pdf, sample white paper template - 12+ free documents in pdf, word, sample research report – 6+ sample, example, format, sample paper - 41+ examples in word, pdf.
Get Access to ALL Templates & Editors for Just $2 a month.
- Google Docs
- Apple Pages
- Illustrator (AI)
- MS Publisher
- Vectors (EPS)
- Google Sheets
- Apple Numbers
- Power Point
- Coloring Pages
- Video Online
38+ Research Paper Samples – PDF
Individuals and businesses usually gather data for the important creation of facts and business strategies. The most widely used tool for research applicable to both academic and business purposes is what we call a research paper. Research White Paper formatting differs from term papers since it presents comprehensive detail on the problem or the topic being addressed.
Essay Outline For Research Paper Template
Research Paper Rubric Template
Simple Research Paper Template
Business Research Paper Template
Research Paper Format Template
Formal Research Paper Template
APA Research Paper
Apa style research paper.
APA Format Research Paper
Research Paper Samples
- Identifying the research problem of your research
- Review of literature
- Formulating hypothesis
- Selection of research design
- Data collection process
- Data analysis
- Interpretation of data
- Research publication and research report
MLA Research Paper
Mla citations research paper.
MLA Style Research Introduction Paper
What Is a Research Paper?
- Analysis of a particular perspective
- The argument of a point
Basic Parts of a Research Paper
- Research Title – This is a representation of the research’s statement of the problem which is addressed through the information indicated in the research.
- Introduction of Research – This general explanation of the overall topic covers background information and narrows them down to highlight the focus of the research paper.
- Brief Summary – This part provides the problem statement templates along with specifications on the content of the research paper presented in summary.
- Methods of Research – This pertains to the materials and the methods conducted by the researcher to achieve the information he needs for the paper.
- Research Findings – This section gives the reader the results after the methods have been executed.
- Concluding Statements – In consideration of the research findings generated, a conclusion is generated regarding various fields it applies.
- References – Various print and digital sources looked into in the creation of the research paper are alphabetized under this category.
Action Research Paper
Affirmative action research paper.
Sample Action Plan for Research Paper
Free Proposal Paper for Action Research
Research Proposal Paper
Research topic english essay proposal paper.
Business Research Paper
International business research paper.
Free Small Business Research Paper
Research Cover Page Paper for Business Intelligence
Business School Research Paper Outline
Kinds of Research Paper Sample Templates
- Action Research Paper – Certain actions of a business are a result of the company’s extensive research evident in this sample template.
- Research Proposal Paper – Proposals to top management include this type of sample template since business decisions need concrete bases like research.
- Marketing Research Paper – Promotional activities are first studied with the use of this sample template that aids the company in the creation of a marketing plan .
- Descriptive Research Paper – Research papers under this type of sample template describe the existence of facts from relative studies or raw sources of information.
- Education Research Paper – This applies to an education major with a focus on topics related to education.
- Literary Research Paper – This research paper sample template covers literary analysis and the uses of standard format of citations such as the APA and MLA format.
- Science Research Paper – Projects on any different kinds of science are not plausible without the aid of this sample template.
- Career Research Paper Sample – This sample template presents how different career developments and exploration are executed with the use of this research paper.
- Graduate Research Paper Sample – Graduate schools require the submission of this type of sample template from their students, particularly for end-of-semester requirements.
Career Research Paper
Nursing career research paper.
Free Career Exploration Research Paper
Research Paper Summary on Career Development
Descriptive Research Paper
Descriptive statistics methodology thesis research paper.
Education Research Paper
Research paper on physical education.
Free Education Action Research Paper
Education Technology Research Paper
Guide to Writing a Good Research Paper
- Make sure to cite your research sources. Your research’s source of information like the journal paper templates of this website must be acknowledged and arranged in the bibliography section of the research paper.
- Use formal and professional words throughout the paper. Colloquial terms and informal words are prohibited in the research since it disrupts the formality and the subjective presentation of research data.
- Follow proper formatting for the research. Your research proper must present the right format of paragraphs for each section of the paper as well as the right arrangement of key points that should follow a logical order .
- Identify the importance and the purpose of the research. Before even starting the making of the research paper, it is vital for the researcher to know and to indicate the significance of conducting the research which is the purpose of the study.
- Produce detailed information for the research. The research information you base your paper on must be provided in detail on research paper since it serves as concrete support to your research findings and conclusion.
Graduate Research Paper
Graduate research study paper format.
Research Paper for Graduate High School
Literary Research Paper
Literary analysis research paper.
MLA Literary Research Paper
Marketing Research Paper
Social media marketing research paper.
Research Paper for Digital Marketing
Free Marketing Plan Research Paper
Student Research Paper
Nursing student research paper.
Research Paper for Working Student
Science Research Paper
Science project research paper.
Free Computer Science Research Paper
Free Social Science Research Paper
College Research Paper
College level research paper.
Free College Writing Research Paper
Purposes of a Research Paper
- To answer questions. A research paper is most commonly used to gain answers to certain scientific questions of the world. Discoveries are the results of extensive research presented in the research paper.
- To present facts formally. Considering the formal feature of a research paper contrary to the informal presentation of the sample notebook paper templates, sharing facts from research with the use of a research paper is the way to go for a researcher.
- To make reasonable decisions. Businesses often resort to the creation of research information on a professional research paper since concrete decisions are defined based on the research data on the paper.
More in Paper Templates
179+ FREE & Premium Research - Download NOW
Beautifully Designed, Easily Editable Templates to Get your Work Done Faster & Smarter.
Use phrases or complete sentences consistently, as required. Set off the introduction and the conclusion. Sample Research-Paper Outline. UN
Abstract. This study examined the effects of short-term food deprivation on two cognitive abilities—concentration and perseverance. Undergraduate.
If you are a college student, this sample will help you understand how a winning paper is written. College Research Paper Sample (PDF).
This paper reports on attitude of student teachers towards science with respect to their locality of the college. The sample consists of 1080 student
Other studies, such as Siena College. Research Institute (2016), had a much larger sampling spanning many New York state schools. Having access to more than one
Writing a research paper may seem difficult at first, but it is an academic requirement that all students essay go through at one point, and it is for good
http://www.psychology.ucsd.edu/undergraduate-program/academic-writing- ... This is an example of a research paper that was written in fulfillment of the
PDF | On Feb 12, 2019, Maryfaith Nyakio published undergraduate project paper | Find, read and cite all the research you need on
A SAMPLE RESEARCH PAPER/THESIS/DISSERTATION ON ASPECTS OF. ELEMENTARY LINEARY ALGEBRA by. James Smith. B.S., Southern Illinois University, 2010.
Download a Research Paper Example Now for Google Docs or MS Word. ... This only applies to business organizations since academic research papers are