Impactful resources, insightful articles, personal reflections and ideas on the topics you care about
Type your search here
APA Title Page Templates
Apa cover page format, apa cover page sections, free apa title page examples.
- Line spacing – Double Spaced
- Font – This should be an easy-to-read serif font for your text. APA recommendation is Times New Roman if your institution doesn’t specify a different font.
- Font Size – 12 point
- Margins – One-inch all around
- Identification – identifying the page for the reader in case of page separation
- Anonymity – keeping the author nameless during the review process if submitting the paper for publication
- Typed in all capital letters
- Placed in the header, flush left
- Prefix it with the words “Running head:” (remember the colon) on the cover page only
- No more than 50 characters long, including spaces
- Placement : top right corner in header of the page with the running head
- Numbering : begin with 1 on the title page
- Justification : right justified
- Double spaced
- Use both upper and lower case text
- Use the same easy-to-read serif font either specified by the institution or the APA recommended Times New Roman in 12 point.
APA Paper Title
- Not be more than 12 words long
- May take up to two lines on your paper if need be.
- Avoid the use of abbreviations
- Unlike references and titles of work you are citing within the body of your essay, the title of your paper must not be boldface or in italics.
Name of the Author
- The author’s full name, including their middle initial
- Placed under the title
- Do not to include titles or degrees after the name
Free Resume Templates
Whether you’re creating a cover page for your academic research or latest business report paper, take some time to check out our free resume templates If you’re eyeing a promotion or thinking about changing careers, a new or updated resume, guided by career expert recommendations, can help you get there.
Our resume templates, like the cover pages, are simple to use:
- Go to our Resume Builder and choose your years of experience: If you have no experience, our builder will guide you through the resume-creation process. If you have a decade or more of experience, the builder will suggest appropriate resume templates that showcase your achievements.
- Select a template: Choose from the expert-recommended free resume templates or view all the categories and select one that suits your style.
- Add your information: You could upload a current resume, and the builder will format it according to your free resume template. You can also start from scratch and add your contact information, work history, skills and any other additional sections.
Each step will have an expert recommendation, which you can select as is or edit to suit your style and voice.
You will have a professional resume that could change your career in minutes.
Typical APA Style Term Paper
Standard format, two authors, same affiliations, two authors, two affiliations, three authors, two affiliations, three authors, three affiliations, three authors, same affiliations for the first and third authors, one author, one affiliation.
- Business Templates
FREE 7+ Sample Cover Page for Research Paper Templates in MS Word | PDF
Students are fraught with a lot of schoolwork—throw in some assignments, some reports, some projects, some exams to study for and papers to write, then voila, school is truly in session. If you are a student, then everything that I have mentioned might already have been familiar to you.
Cover Page For Research Paper
Sample formal proposal template - 7+ free documents in pdf, word, sample basic fax cover sheet - 13+ documents in word, pdf, sample fax cover sheet for resume - 7+ documents in pdf, word.
But despite the varied schoolwork, there might be some requirements that you still have trouble dealing with—like writing research papers! Do not worry, even though writing is a very common activity in school, there are still a lot of students who feel anxious doing it. Whatever it is that concerns you about writing research, below are Sample Papers you can check out for guidance.
Sample Cover Page for MLA Research Paper
Size: 48 KB
Cover Page for History Research Paper in PDF
Size: 69 KB
Cover Page Format for Research Paper
Size: 25 KB
A research paper is an academic paper where one can address a problem or an issue through a systematic study or investigation of material. The following are some of the parts a research paper should have:
- The Problem and Its Scope – this is the part where you present the issue you are going to address and its background. This is also where you present the parameters and the premises that you can cover.
- Review of Related Literature – this is where you can discuss papers or studies that are relevant to yours.
- Methodologies – this is where you are going to present the methods and procedures you are going to use for getting data.
- Discussion of Results – this is where the data you have gathered for your problem is presented.
- Conclusion – this is where you write the summary of the entire research. You can also include your recommendations for future researchers.
Now that you know the things that goes into your paper, you should know what goes into the cover as well. Since it is the first thing that your readers will see and first impressions last thus, the first thing is discussed last in this article. If the format of your paper is in APA, it should include the following details:
- The title of your research
- The name of the institution you are doing the research for
- The date of submission
- You can also include the name of your adviser and the level of your paper; your department or institution can determine whether this will be included or not.
- A running head – it appears at the top of the page and contains the shortened version of your title.
- Page number
In case you are doing MLA, you can check out our MLA Cover Page Samples . We also have other covers such as Sample Fax Cover Pages .
Cover Page for Scientific Research Paper
Size: 47 KB
Standard Cover Page for Research Paper
Size: 40 KB
Cover Page for Quantitative Research Paper
Size: 21 KB
Cover Page for APA Research Paper Example
Size: 22 KB
Research is among the many activities that can truly mark a student’s life. It isn’t easy, actually; there are those who complain a lot, but it serves some very important purposes. For instance, you can learn a lot of things from conducting researches—both knowledge and experience. You can also understand an issue or a problem more.
Almost all the things that we have today are products of research. The food that we eat, the phones that we use, even the clothes that we wear. That is why, if you are doing research now, do not be sad; what is important is that you are about to discover a lot of things and you are making a contribution to the world. In case you have other activities on your plate, like projects to finish, you can check out our Project Cover Page Samples .
Free 14+ chart of accounts samples in pdf | ms word | excel, free 17+ sample biography in pdf | ms word, free 30+ sample metric conversion chart templates in pdf | excel | ms word, free 10+ affidavit of confirmation samples [ signature, service, death ], free 10+ affidavit of consent samples [ parental, marital, support ], free 10+ affidavit of correction samples in pdf | doc, free 10+ affidavit of ownership samples [ land, vehicle, transfer ], free 10+ affidavit of income samples [ declaration, self employed, expenses ], free 10+ affidavit of financial support samples [ notarized, immigration, student ], free 10+ affidavit of discrepancy samples [ joint, name, address ], free 10+ affidavit of buyer/transferee samples in pdf | doc, free 10+ affidavit of acceptance samples [ service, knowledge, property ], free 9+ sample user manual templates in pdf, free 9+ visitors log templates in pdf | ms word, free 10+ references samples in ms word | google docs | pages | pdf, sample cover page template - 8+ documents in pdf , word, sample of apa paper - 6+ examples in word, pdf, sample cover page template - 14+ free documents in pdf, sample mla outline template - 10+ free documents in pdf, word.
Home / Guides / Writing Guides / Parts of a Paper / How to Write an Essay Cover Page
How to Write an Essay Cover Page
What you include in your cover page depends slightly on which citation style you are using, but the rules are generally the same.
- APA cover pages
- MLA cover pages
For APA cover pages:
Include the title of the paper, running head, the author’s name, institutional affiliation, and an author’s note.
Here is an example of a cover page in APA:
For MLA cover pages:
Cover pages are not as frequently used in MLA format, as the inclusion of headers is preferred.
A header looks like this:
Cover pages can include the name of your school, your paper title, your name, your course name, your teacher or professor’s name, and the due date of the paper. If you are unsure of what to include, check with your instructor.
Here is an example of a cover page in MLA format:
For more help making cover or title pages, visit our title page generator here.
EasyBib Writing Resources
Writing a paper.
- Academic Essay
- Argumentative Essay
- College Admissions Essay
- Expository Essay
- Persuasive Essay
- Research Paper
- Thesis Statement
- Writing a Conclusion
- Writing an Introduction
- Writing an Outline
- Writing a Summary
EasyBib Plus Features
- Citation Generator
- Essay Checker
- Expert Check Proofreader
- Grammar Checker
- Paraphrasing Tools
- Spell Checker
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Grammar and Plagiarism Checkers
Upload a paper to check for plagiarism against billions of sources and get advanced writing suggestions for clarity and style.
- How To Setup Your Software
- Motivational Stories
- Funny Jokes
- Memory Techniques
- MLA Format Cover Page
The Modern Language Association (MLA) does not require you to create a cover page when you complete your research paper, but some instructors may require it.
If your instructor requires your paper to have a cover page, here is how to make it (very easy). This cover page should include: your school name, your research paper title, your name, your class, your professor name and your paper due date.
How to Format Your MLA Cover Page:
- This page is double spaced and the letters are centered.
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12
- The first letter of each word should be capitalized with the exception of very short words such as: the, and, of, or, a, an, in, to, for. Note: the first letter of the first word should be capitalized, regardless of what kind of word it is.
- Type the name of your university, college or high school.
- Skip to about one-third of the page and type your research paper title, include a subtitle if you have.
- Skip several lines down and type your name, your course name and number, your instructor name and your paper due date.
Sample MLA Format Cover Page:
Sample MLA Format Cover Page
Alternate First Page (Important):
If your instructor requires a cover page, you would omit the main heading on your first page.
Here is an example of the first page if a cover page is used. You still need your last name and page number on the first page and every other page.
Sample MLA Format First Page with Cover Page
Sample MLA Paper:
Visit here for a sample paper with the cover page. The cover page can vary slightly. This paper also has the outline page for your sample.
yeah thanks mrs. story
Thank you for the example of the cover page.
thank mrs story
Leave a Comment
Current ye ignore me @r *
Leave this field empty
Next post: MLA Format Headings
- How to Format the Research Paper
- MLA Format Headings
- MLA Citations
- MLA Format Works Cited
- MLA Format Sample Paper
- MLA Sample Paper w/ Cover & Outline Pages
- MLA Format FAQs
- General Format of the APA Paper
- APA Format Title Page
- APA Format Abstract Page
- APA Headings
- APA Format Citations
- APA Reference Page
- APA Sample Paper
AcademicTips.org 1999–2023 • MLA Format • Privacy • Back to top ↑
10+ Free Cover Page Templates for Research Papers in MS Word – (Pro Formats)
#1 – general design, #2 – for analytical research paper, #3 – format for argumentative research paper, #4 – best for case and effect research, #5 – compare and contrast format, #6 – design for definition research paper, #7 – experimental research paper design, #8 – interpretative research paper format, #9 – best format for problem/solution research paper, #10 – template for survey research paper.
- Name of student
- Name of university
- The title of research done
- Name of professor
- Due date of the paper.
Essentials of a research cover paper
Importance of good research paper cover page.
← Previous Article
Next Article →
You may also like
- Doctor Prescription Pad Formats
- Printable ID Cards
- Creative Resume Formats for Freshers
- Modern Resume Templates
- Best Cover Page Formats
- Printable Report Cards
- Business Proposal Templates
- 22 Raffle Ticket Template
- 24 Certificate Templates
Search the database of 10,000+ templates, designs & formats for Microsoft Office.
- 15+ FREE Asset Purchase Agreement Templates to Simplify Your Business Deals
- Transform Your Volunteer Resume with Our FREE Professional Templates
- 9+ FREE Spa Brochure Templates Designed to Ignite Your Marketing Strategy
- 11+ FREE Fundraiser Ticket Templates – Download and Customize for Your Next Event
- 13+ FREE Organizational Chart Templates
- Free Obituary Card Templates to Express your Emotions
- 10+ FREE Health & Medical History Form Templates – Word | PDF
- Free Ready-to-Use Behaviour & Reward Chart Templates – Editable and Printable
- 8+ Best Free Time Log Sheet Templates – Editable and Printable
- 5+ FREE Meeting Invitation Templates for any Business
- 6+ FREE Cover Page Templates & Formats for Any Type of Project
- 6+ FREE Student ID Card Design Templates
- Cover Pages
- Event Templates
- Invoices & Receipts
- Office Related
- Personal Use
- 137+ Professional Reports – MS Word & Excel
- 44+ Printable & Editable ID Card Designs
- 59+ Proposal Formats
- 31+ Best Flyer Designs & Formats
- 100+ Cover Page Templates
- 22+ Free Letterhead Designs and Formats
- 24+ Free Resume Designs & for Freshers and Professionals
- 90+ Printable Certificate Templates
- 55+ Quotations & Invoices
Write your research paper like a PRO!
Research paper format
Research paper cover page/title page.
The title page needs to include 4 items:
- The title of your paper. The title should concisely state the topic of the paper and the variables or theoretical issues that are being explored in relation to that topic. The title should be about 10-12 words long and should be centered in the middle of your page.
- The author’s name and institutional affiliation. The institutional affiliation is just the name of the place (usually a college or university) where the research was conducted. The author’s name and institutional affiliation should be centered and placed directly below the title.
- A running head. This is just an abbreviated version of your title, and should include no more than 50 characters (including spaces and punctuation). The running head is what appears at the top of each page next to the page number throughout the paper. The running head designation should be left justified and appear at the top of the page after the page number.
- A page number. Page numbers should appear on the title page in the upper right hand corner, after the running head. Pages should then be numbered consecutively in the upper right hand corner throughout the paper.
Here is a sample title page in APA format. Note how it includes the running head and page number in the upper right hand corner, defines the running head that will title all manuscript pages, and centers the title and author information in the middle of the page.
Composing A Cover Page For An MLA Research Paper
Modern Language Association style (MLA) is designated for specifying the requirements for academic writing, such as formatting and use of English. Although many research papers are created according to the MLA style, this style usually does not provide for a cover page. All the necessary information is mentioned on the first page instead. Therefore, do not compose a cover page, unless there are some special requirements.
Nevertheless, sometimes instructors may require a separate cover page, as they consider it more professional. Usually instructors specify the requirements for the title page. However, the standardized MLA Format title page includes the following information:
- University name.
- Paper title.
- Your class.
- Professor’s name.
You should format your cover page as follows:
- Write the name of your university.
- Write the title of your paper, skipping about one third of the page. Make sure, that the formatting is correct. The title should be written according to the title capitalization standards. Remember, that the first word of the title is always written in capital letters, despite the fact that it may be an article or a preposition. Keep in mind, that you should use punctuation rules as required. Do not underline, italicize your title and do not use quotation marks. However, punctuate citations as required.
- Skip a couple of lines and write your name. Remember to write both your first and last names.
- Skip another couple of lines and write your class, professor’s name, and the due date on separate lines. Make sure, that you write names accurately. When writing your professor’s title, remember to use the title as required. Write all the information about your course or class according to the instructions. According to the MLA format dates are usually written in European style. This means that you should write it in the following order: the day, the month, and the year.
- Remember to double-space the title page and center all the lines. Use the same format for each line. Do not use any special formatting, such as underlining, highlighting, or italicizing.
If your research requires a cover page, don’t forget that your first page will have special formatting. You are not supposed to mention all the information from the cover page there. However, the first page always contains the title of your work and your name. In addition, remember to write your name and page numbers on each page of the paper.
APA research paper format
Research paper template
Have a language expert improve your writing
Run a free plagiarism check in 10 minutes, generate accurate citations for free.
- Knowledge Base
- Thesis & Dissertation Title Page | Free Templates & Examples
Thesis & Dissertation Title Page | Free Templates & Examples
Published on May 19, 2022 by Tegan George . Revised on November 11, 2022.
The title page (or cover page) of your thesis , dissertation , or research paper should contain all the key information about your document. It usually includes:
- Dissertation or thesis title
- The type of document (e.g., dissertation, research paper)
- The department and institution
- The degree program (e.g., Master of Arts)
- The date of submission
It sometimes also includes your dissertation topic or field of study, your student number, your supervisor’s name, and your university’s logo.
Table of contents
Title page format, title page templates, title page example, frequently asked questions.
Your department will usually tell you exactly what should be included on your title page and how it should be formatted. Be sure to check whether there are specific guidelines for margins, spacing, and font size.
Title pages for APA and MLA style
The format of your title page can also depend on the citation style you’re using. There may be guidelines in regards to alignment, page numbering, and mandatory elements.
- MLA guidelines for formatting the title page
- APA guidelines for formatting the title page
We’ve created a few templates to help you design the title page for your thesis, dissertation, or research paper. You can download them in the format of your choice by clicking on the corresponding button.
Research paper Google Doc
Dissertation Google Doc
Thesis Google Doc
Prevent plagiarism. Run a free check.
A typical example of a thesis title page looks like this:
The title page of your thesis or dissertation should include your name, department, institution, degree program, and submission date.
Usually, no title page is needed in an MLA paper . A header is generally included at the top of the first page instead. The exceptions are when:
- Your instructor requires one, or
- Your paper is a group project
In those cases, you should use a title page instead of a header, listing the same information but on a separate page.
The title page of your thesis or dissertation goes first, before all other content or lists that you may choose to include.
In most styles, the title page is used purely to provide information and doesn’t include any images. Ask your supervisor if you are allowed to include an image on the title page before doing so. If you do decide to include one, make sure to check whether you need permission from the creator of the image.
Include a note directly beneath the image acknowledging where it comes from, beginning with the word “ Note .” (italicized and followed by a period). Include a citation and copyright attribution . Don’t title, number, or label the image as a figure , since it doesn’t appear in your main text.
Cite this Scribbr article
If you want to cite this source, you can copy and paste the citation or click the “Cite this Scribbr article” button to automatically add the citation to our free Citation Generator.
George, T. (2022, November 11). Thesis & Dissertation Title Page | Free Templates & Examples. Scribbr. Retrieved March 7, 2023, from https://www.scribbr.com/dissertation/title-page/
Is this article helpful?
Other students also liked, thesis & dissertation acknowledgements | tips & examples, dissertation table of contents in word | instructions & examples, figure and table lists | word instructions, template & examples, what is your plagiarism score.
The sample methodology in a research paper provides the information to show that the research is valid. It must tell what was done to answer the research question and how the research was done.
The title of a research paper should outline the purpose of the research, the methods used and the overall tone of the paper. The title is important because it is the first thing that is read. It is important that the title is focused, but ...
To make an acknowledgement in a research paper, a writer should express thanks by using the full or professional names of the people being thanked and should specify exactly how the people being acknowledged helped.
Get readers intrigued about your latest study. Craft a well-designed research paper cover page using editable samples from Canva.
APA Title Page Templates. Instant download, professional APA format samples. When you are writing a paper in the American Psychological Association (APA)
Cover Page Format for Research Paper · The title of your research · Your name · The name of the institution you are doing the research for · The date of submission
For APA cover pages: Include the title of the paper, running head, the author's name, institutional affiliation, and an author's note. Here is an example of
The Modern Language Association (MLA) does not require you to create a cover page when you complete your research paper
you can find 10 professionally designed, yet free, Cover Page Designs and formats specially designed for Research Papers. · Bebas Neue, Calibri · Cambria, Calibri.
Composing A Cover Page For An MLA Research Paper · Write the name of your university. · Write the title of your paper, skipping about one third of
Template for a research paper cover letter ... Dear [Name of journal editor],. [Discuss the type of manuscript you're submitting and provide
The Modern Language Association (MLA) does not require you to create a cover page when you complete your research paper, but some instructors may require it
Dissertation or thesis title; Your name; The type of document (e.g., dissertation, research paper); The department and institution; The degree
WEBINAR ON SELECTING AN ACTION RESEARCH · How to Write a Scientific Paper from Start to Finish · HOW TO START WRITING A RESEARCH PAPER · How to