- Preschool Curriculum
- Preschool Worksheets
- Alphabet Printables
- Monthly Sets
- Kinder Printables
- Free Printable Preschool Worksheets
- Shape Preschool Printables
Shape Tracing Worksheets
Shape tracing worksheets are a wonderful, hands-on tool for multiple ages. Teachers and homeschool moms can use traceable sheets for preschoolers, but they are also handy for toddlers and even kindergartners. Plus, with these convenient digital formats, it’s easy to store on your device and print when ready which saves space for your classroom.
If you are looking for a simple, low-prep program to teach your student about shapes, be sure to check out this video of our S hape of the Week Curriculum.
Tracing Shapes Worksheets
There are so many benefits to tracing for young kids. These practical printables for shapes like triangles, octagons, hexagons, circles and more can help develop fine motor skills, build drawing abilities, and prepare your child for the next step: writing!
In addition, pre-writing skills are essential for many reasons. It builds small muscle strength which helps your child hold a pencil easily. Plus, practicing the tracing of shapes encompasses pencil strokes that cover most letters and numbers strokes.
When to Begin Shapes Tracing Worksheets
Even at the young age of two, your child can start practicing straight lines and possibly curves. As they turn three, try giving them worksheets to practice more difficult shapes. And, as they master their shapes, they can move onto letters and numbers!
Preschool Tracing Printables
Also, if you’d like to save on paper, try making erasable tracing sheets. It’s actually very simple to do. Get a laminator and laminate the shape tracing worksheets. Find some whiteboard markers for your child so they can easily erase their ‘masterpieces’ over and over again!
These free printable shapes worksheets are so versatile — you can even use them to practice small motor cutting skills using safe scissors. Or, they can try coloring the shapes and cut them out to glue onto construction paper for display! The possibilities are endless when it comes to creativity with your precious preschoolers!
Free Tracing Worksheets: Shapes
Now let’s get to the fun part. These free and adorable shape sheets are easy to print and kids won’t even notice they are learning! You’ll find practically every shape including circles, diamonds, squares, ovals, rectangles, octagons, hexagons, pentagons, trapezoids, and triangles. Choose all or some, it’s what works for you best, my friends!
Shape Tracing Circle Worksheet
Free printable circle tracing worksheet for preschool. Students practice tracing circles of a variety of sizes.
Shape Tracing Diamond Worksheet
Teaching writing and tracing skills couldn’t be easier using this fun and engaging Shape Tracing Diamond Worksheet!
Shape Tracing Hexagon Worksheet
Use this wonderful tool 6 sided Shape Tracing Hexagon Worksheet to teach your child fine motor skills!
Octagon Tracing Worksheets
Make learning fun with your preschoolers while teaching fine motor skills using this ‘stop sign’ octagon shape style sheets!
Oval Tracing Shapes Worksheet
Teaching toddlers and preschoolers how to write is super easy with this traceable and cutting tool Oval Worksheet printable.
Pentagon Shape Tracing Worksheet
Kindergarten students will learn and grow by practicing their tracing and writing skills with this wonderful Shape Trace Pentagon downloadable file!
Rectangle Tracing Worksheet
Using reusable printables are perfect for teaching pertinent skills like tracing and writing — try this fun printable for tracing the Rectangle shape with your young ones!
Square Tracing Worksheet
Free printable square tracing worksheet for students to practice their fine motor skills. This worksheet features squares of different sizes.
Tracing Shapes Trapezoid Worksheet
Grab this Trapezoid Tracing Worksheet you can print for your young students to practice tracing and writing skills!
Triangle Tracing Worksheet
Students practice tracing triangles of all sizes with this free printable triangle tracing activity sheet.
Looking for a Shape Preschool Curriculum? Try these wonderful and low-prep resources included in our Shape of the Week program.
Thank you! Love these simple tracing worksheets!
Love the shapes
This is an awesome resource!!
loved these shape tracing worksheets. Would like ones for heart and star.
I love these, any chance of getting a heart and star one?
Thank you! My daughter will love these.
Thank you so much for providing these. They’ve been a wonderful resource in our preschool classroom. Do you have a star and a heart shapes you also be willing to share, please?
Thank you for offering these fun shape tracing sheets!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Christmas Color by Number
- Easter Bunny Coloring Pages
- Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- Easter Chick Coloring Pages
- Easter Basket Coloring Pages
- Hello Kitty Easter Coloring Pages
- Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Word Search
Shape Tracing Worksheets
Tracing shapes can be a great way of introducing little ones to basic shapes like circles, triangles, squares, hearts, stars, etc. The exercise would come in handy when they learn to draw in future. The figures on the worksheets have the starting points, and directions for moving the pencil marked clearly.
Published by Koushik Mondal on August 2nd 2022 . Filed under Kindergarten Worksheets Preschool Worksheets Tracing Worksheets
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Follow Us On
Join Our Newsletter
Fishing Pole Coloring Pages
Beach House Coloring Pages
Jessie Coloring Pages Disney Jessie Coloring Pages Jessie Coloring Sheets Jessie Cowgirl Coloring Pages Jessie Toy Story Coloring Page Jessie ...
There's no one as special and as amazing as your mom in the whole wide ...
© 2023 Cool2bKids  |All rights reserved.
- Number Chart
- Number Counting
- Skip Counting
- Tracing – Number Tracing
- Numbers – Missing
- Numbers – Least to Greatest
- Before & After Numbers
- Greater & Smaller Number
- Number – More or Less
- Numbers -Fact Family
- Numbers – Place Value
- Even & Odd
- Tally Marks
- Fraction Addition
- Fraction Circles
- Fraction Model
- Fraction Subtraction
- Fractions – Comparing
- Fractions – Equivalent
- Decimal Addition
- Decimal Model
- Decimal Subtraction
- Addition – Picture
- Addition – 1 Digit
- Addition – 2 Digit
- Addition – 3 Digit
- Addition – 4 Digit
- Addition – Missing Addend
- Addition Regrouping
- Addition Word Problems
- Subtraction – Picture
- Subtraction – 1 Digit
- Subtraction – 2 Digit
- Subtraction – 3 Digit
- Subtraction – 4 Digit
- Subtraction Regrouping
- Multiplication – Repeated Addition
- Times Tables
- Times Table – Times Table Chart
- Multiplication – Horizontal
- Multiplication – Vertical
- Multiplication-1 Digit
- Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit
- Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit
- Squares – Perfect Squares
- Multiplication Word Problems
- Square Root
- Division – Long Division
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder
- Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division – Sharing
- Time – Elapsed Time
- Time – Clock Face
- Pan Balance Problems
- Algebraic Reasoning
- Math Worksheets on Graph Paper
- Preschool Worksheets
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Home Preschool Kindergarten First Grade Math Pinterest
- Book Report Critical Thinking Pattern Cut and Paste Patterns Pattern – Number Patterns Pattern – Shape Patterns Pattern – Line Patterns Easter Feelings & Emotions Grades Fifth Grade First Grade First Grade – Popular First Grade Fractions Fourth Grade Kindergarten Worksheets Kindergarten Addition Kindergarten Subtraction PreK Worksheets Preschool Worksheets Color, Trace & Draw Coloring Color by Number Spring Cut and Paste Activities Cut and Paste Letters Cut and Paste Numbers Cut and Paste Shapes Cut and Paste Worksheets Dot to Dot Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-10 Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-20 Dot to Dot – Tracing Dot to Dot – Letter – a-z Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-50 Fruits and Vegetables Modes of Transportation Opposites Preschool Matching Worksheets Scissor Cutting Skills Size – Same and Different Size Comparison Size – Big Bigger Biggest Size – Longest and Shortest Size – Shortest and Tallest Size – Smallest and Biggest Tracing Pre Writing Worksheets Tracing – Line Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Shape Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Picture Tracing Tracing – Picture Tracing – Popular Trace and Draw Tracing – Spiral Tracing Second Grade Second Grade – Popular Third Grade Graphing Graph – Trace and Draw Graphing – Count and Graph Halloween Worksheets Pumpkin Worksheets Letter Alphabet Coloring Letter – Coloring Letter – Mazes Letters – Alphabet Chart Letters – Before and After Letters – Capital Letters Letters -Uppercase Letters Letters – Uppercase and Lowercase Letters -Missing Letters Letters -Small Letters Letters -Lowercase Letters Tracing – Letter Tracing Uppercase and Lowercase Math Addition Addition – 1 Digit Addition – 1 More Addition – 10 more Addition – 2 Digit Addition – 3 Digit Addition – 4 Digit Addition – Add and Match Addition – Add and Multiply Addition – Add Tens Addition – Adding 3 Numbers Addition – Adding 4 Numbers Addition – Basic Addition Facts Addition – Dice Addition – Making 10 Addition – Making 5 Addition – Missing Addend Addition – No Regrouping Addition – Number Line Addition – Picture Addition – Popular Addition – Repeated Addition Addition – Sums up to 10 Addition – Sums up to 20 Addition – Sums up to 30 Addition – Ways to Make a Number Addition – Sums up to 5 Addition Doubles Addition Doubles Plus One Addition Regrouping Addition Sentences Addition/Subtraction Addition/Subtraction – 1 More 1 Less Addition/Subtraction – 10 More 10 Less Algebra Algebraic Reasoning Balancing Equations Equations Pan Balance Problems Brain Teasers Decimal Decimal Addition Decimal Model Decimal Subtraction Dice Worksheets Division Division – Long Division Division – Sharing Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Fraction Fraction Addition Fraction Circles Fraction Circles Template Fraction Model Fraction Subtraction Fractions – Coloring Fractions – Comparing Fractions – Equivalent Fractions – Halves Geometry Polygon Magic Squares Magic Triangles Math Worksheets on Graph Paper Multiplication Multiplication – Basic Facts Multiplication – Cubes Multiplication – Horizontal Multiplication – Popular Multiplication – Quiz Multiplication – Repeated Addition Multiplication – Test Multiplication – Vertical Multiplication Target Circles Multiplication-1 Digit Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 2 Digit Squares – Perfect Squares Times Tables Times Table – 10 Times Table Times Table – 11 Times Table Times Table – 12 Times Table Times Table – 2 Times Table Times Table – 3 Times Table Times Table – 4 Times Table Times Table – 5 Times Table Times Table – 6 Times Table Times Table – 7 Times Table Times Table – 8 Times Table Times Table – 9 Times Table Times Table – Popular Times Table – Times Table Chart Times Tables – Advanced Times Tables 2 -12 – 1 Worksheet Number Number – Comparing Number – More or Less Number – Greater & Smaller Number – Hundreds Number – Ordinal Numbers Number Bonds Number Chart Number Coloring Number Counting Number – Count How Many Number Counting – Dice Numbers – Count and Match Numbers – Before, After, and Between Numbers 1-20 – Before & After Numbers – Even & Odd Numbers – Missing Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-15 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers Numbers – Least to Greatest Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Place Value Numbers – Ten Frames Numbers – Tens and Ones Numbers -Fact Family Numbers 1 – 10 Numbers 1 – 100 Numbers 1 – 20 Numbers 1 – 30 Numbers 1 – 50 Numbers 1 – 15 Numbers 1-120 Part Part Whole Skip Counting Skip Counting – Count by 1000s Skip Counting – Count by 100s Skip Counting – Count by 10s Skip Counting – Count by 2s Skip Counting – Count by 5s Skip Counting – Popular Skip Counting by 2s, 5s, and10s Tracing – Number Tracing Percent Puzzles Regrouping – Addition and Subtraction Shapes Shape – Match Shapes Shape – Mazes Shape Names Shapes – Popular Square Root Subtraction Subtraction – 1 Digit Subtraction – 1 Less Subtraction – 10 Less Subtraction – 2 Digit Subtraction – 3 Digit Subtraction – 4 Digit Subtraction – Missing Minuends Subtraction – Missing Subtrahends Subtraction – No Regrouping Subtraction – Number Line Subtraction – Picture Subtraction – Subtract and Match Subtraction – Subtract Tens Subtraction – Within 10 Subtraction – Within 20 Subtraction – Within 5 Subtraction Regrouping Subtraction Sentences Symmetry Tally Marks Time Time – Clock Face Time – Draw the hands Time – Elapsed Time Time – Elapsed Time Ruler Time – Telling Time Word Problems Addition Word Problems Multiplication Word Problems Subtraction Word Problems Missing Operator Most Popular Math Worksheets Most Popular Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets Most Popular Worksheets New Worksheets Phonics Phonics – Beginning Sounds Phonics – Ending Sounds Phonics – Middle Sounds Preschool and Kindergarten – Mazes Printable Posters Charts Science Life Cycle Spelling Spelling – Days of the Week Spelling – Months of the Year Spelling – Numbers in Words Spot the difference Theme Worksheets Theme – Animal Theme – Dinosaur Theme – Cloud Theme – Flower Theme – Fruit Theme – Transport Theme – Aeroplane Theme – Car Theme – Rocket Theme – Train Theme – Truck Thinking Skills Analogies Worksheets Picture Analogies Preschool – Connect other half Top Worksheets Uncategorized Writing
Most Popular Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets
Cut and paste worksheets.
Dot to Dot worksheets
Size Comparison Worksheets
Preschool and Kindergarten – Mazes
- Dice Worksheets
Preschool worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, first grade worksheets.
Number Tracing Worksheets
- Numbers 1 – 10
- Numbers 1 – 15
- Numbers 1 – 20 Letter Tracing Worksheets
Shape Tracing Worksheets
Picture Tracing Worksheets
Shape Names – Shape Labels
Preschool Shapes Tracing – 5 Worksheets
Preschool Shapes Worksheet
Preschool shapes recognition practice worksheet – Identify Shapes – Heart, Star, Circle, Square, Triangle, Pentagon, Hexagon, Octagon, Oval, Rectangle, and Diamond
Heart, Star, Circle, Square, Triangle, Pentagon, Hexagon, Octagon, Oval, Rectangle and Diamond
Worksheet 1 – Download
Worksheet 2 – Download
Heart, Circle, Square, Triangle, Pentagon, Octagon
Worksheet 3 – Download
Circle, Square, Triangle, Oval, Rectangle, and Diamond
Worksheet 4 – Download
Circle, Triangle, Pentagon, Hexagon, Octagon, Rectangle
Worksheet 5 – Download
Heart, Star, Circle, Square, Triangle, and Diamond
Worksheet 6 – Download
Basic Shape Names – Geometric Shape Name Labels – 2D Shapes and Labels – Shapes Names -Shapes with Labels
Heart, Circle, Square, Triangle, Pentagon, Hexagon, Octagon, Oval, Rectangle and Diamond – Worksheet 7 – here
Heart, Circle, Square, Triangle – Worksheet 8 – here
Circle, Square, Triangle, Pentagon, Hexagon, Octagon – Worksheet 9 – here
Pentagon, Hexagon, Octagon, Oval, Rectangle, and Diamond – Worksheet 10- here
Triangle, Rectangle, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Nonagon, Decagon – Worksheet 11 – here
Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Nonagon, Decagon – Worksheet 12 – here
Practice Picture Tracing
Circle, Triangle, and Rectangle – Worksheet 13 – here
Circle, Octagon, Oval, Triangle, and Rectangle – Worksheet 14 – here
Worksheet 15, 16, 17 & 18 here
Letter Tracing Worksheets
Most Popular Preschool & Kindergarten Worksheets
Follow Worksheetfun on Pinterest - 100K
New - follow worksheetfun on instagram, follow worksheetfun on facebook - 25k.
Most Popular Math Worksheets
Popular worksheets, top worksheets, addition worksheets, subtraction worksheets, skip counting worksheets, fraction worksheets, multiplication worksheets, times table worksheets, dot to dot worksheets, math worksheets.
- Free Shape Worksheets for Preschool and Kindergarten
- identifying 2D shapes
- Preschool - Shapes
- Preschool – Shapes
- Preschool shapes recognition
- Preschool shapes recognition practice worksheet - Identify Shapes - Heart
- recognizing the difference
- Rectangle and Diamond
- Shape Worksheets
- Shapes Recognition
- Shapes Recognition Practice
- trace and draw
- Trace and draw the shapes
Scroll to Top
- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- Online Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
Shape Tracing Worksheets For Kindergarten
Welcome to the Math Salamanders Shape Tracing Worksheets for kindergarten page. Here you will find a range of free printable shape worksheets, which will help your child to learn their 2d shapes and to improve their fine motor skills by accurately tracing each shape.
The shape worksheets include a selection of shapes relevant to kindergarten kids such as squares, circles, rectangles, ovals etc.
There are also some more unusual shapes such as star shapes and heart shapes.
Shape Tracing Worksheets
On this webpage you will find our range of kindergarten geometry worksheets to help children learn to identify and trace 2d shapes.
At a kindergarten level, children need to be able to recognise basic shapes such as squares, circles, triangels and rectangles.
These worksheets have been designed to help children learn their shape names and also what the shape looks like.
There are also shapes to trace on each worksheets to help children improve their fine motor skills.
Using these sheets will help your child to:
- recognise a range of 2d shapes - squares, rectangles, circles and triangles;
- carefully trace a range of different 2d shapes;
- trace the name of different 2d shapes.
Tracing Shape Worksheets
The worksheets on this page have been split into two sections - a section which just involes tracing shapes, and another section which involve both tracing and writing the correct name for each shape.
Most of the shape tracing worksheets also come in 2 versions, one which just involves tracing and another version which involves both tracing and independent drawing of the shapes.
There are also US and UK versions of several sheets as the definition of a trapezoid and trapezium differs between the 2 countries.
Trace the Shape Worksheets
- Trace the Shape Sheet 1
- Trace the Shape Sheet 1a
- PDF version
- Trace the Shape Sheet 2
- Trace the Shape Sheet 2a
- Trace the Shape Sheet 3
- Trace the Shape Sheet 3a
- Trace the Shape Sheet 3 (UK version)
- Trace the Shape Sheet 3a (UK version)
- Trace the Shape Sheet 4
- Trace the Shape Sheet 4a
- Trace the Shape Sheet 5
- Trace the Shape Sheet 5a
- Trace the Shape Sheet 6
Name and Trace Worksheets
- Name and Trace 1
- Name and Trace 2
- Name and Trace 3
- Name and Trace 3 (UK version)
Looking for some harder Geometry worksheets?
If you are looking for some harder geometry worksheets, why not try our first grade geometry worksheets.
These sheets are more advanced than those on this page and involve 3d as well as 2d shapes.
Each sheet comes complete with answers.
- First Grade Geometry Worksheets
More Recommended Math Worksheets
Take a look at some more of our worksheets similar to these.
Kindergarten Shape Worksheets
This webpage is all about identifying 2d shapes.
The sheets explore squares, rectangles, circles and triangles, and also matching identical shapes.
There is a section of preschool shape worksheets which are at a very basic level, and a kindergarten shape worksheet section with a wider range of shapes in different orientations.
- Free Shape Worksheets Kindergarten
Kindergarten Shapes Clipart
Here you will find a range of free Shape Clipart for Kindergarten.
These resources will help your child to learn their 2D shapes, and also learn some of the properties they have.
- learn the common 2D shapes - circle, square, rectangle, triangle;
- recognise that a square is also a member of the rectangle family;
- recognise trapezoids and parallelograms;
- recognise members of the quadrilateral family;
- recognise shapes in different orientations and sizes.
All the free Math sheets in this section are informed by the Elementary Math Benchmarks for Grade K.
- Shapes Clipart for Kindergarten
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 easy steps to get your worksheets printed out perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return to Kindergarten Math Worksheets Hub
Return to Geometry Hub Page
Return from Shape Tracing Worksheets to Math Salamanders Homepage
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
Math Salamanders Shop
Looking for some fun printable math games?
We have some great games for you to play in our Math Games e-books!
- Check out our store
NEW Online Age Calculator
Do you know how old you are...in weeks? days? hours?
Are you more than a million minutes old?
Find out how old you are to the nearest second!
- Online Age Calculator
NEW Fraction Calculators
We have updated and improved our fraction calculators to show you how to solve your fraction problems step-by-step!
Take a look and try them out!
- Adding Fractions Calculator
- Subtracting Fractions Calculator
- Multiply Fractions Calculator
- Divide Fractions Calculator
New Math Sheets & Resources
Check out our LATEST webpages.
- Number Lines 0 to 1
- 2 Digit Multiplication Worksheets
- Converting Decimals to Fractions Worksheets
- Basic Fractions Worksheets
- Negative Numbers Games
- Multiplying Negative Numbers Online Practice
- Divide Negative Numbers Online Practice
- Adding Negative Numbers Online Practice
- Subtracting Negative Numbers Online Practice
Some of our TOP pages!
Have a look at some of our most popular pages to see different Math activities and ideas you could use with your child
- Reverse Percentage Calculator
- List of Geometric Shapes
- Equivalent Fractions
- 3d Geometric Shapes
- Perimeter Worksheets
If you are a regular user of our site and appreciate what we do, please consider making a small donation to help us with our costs.
Get a free sample copy of our Math Salamanders Dice Games book with each donation!
FUN Math Games
Looking for a fun and motivating way to learn and practice math skills?
Why not try one of our free printable math games with your students!
- Fun Math Games
- Printable Math Certificates
Looking for some cool math certificates to hand out?
A certificate is a great way to praise achievement in math learning.
Check out our printable math certificate collection!
© 2010-2022 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
- Arts & Music
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies - History
- Holidays / Seasonal
- Independent Work Packet
- Easel by TPT
- Google Apps
Interactive resources you can assign in your digital classroom from TPT.
Unlock access to 4 million resources — at no cost to you — with a school-funded subscription..
shape tracing sheets
Resource types, all resource types, results for shape tracing sheets.
- Price (Ascending)
- Most Recent
Tracing Pre-writing Shapes FREEBIE
Also included in: Tracing Pre-Writing Shapes, Letters and Numbers with Visual Cues Bundle
FREEBIE - Tracing shapes, numbers and letters with Flashcards
Alphabet Trace and Write Sheets | FREE DOWNLOAD |
Numbers Trace and Write Sheets | FREE DOWNLOAD |
Fox Shapes Craft
Also included in: Autumn Shape Animal Crafts Bundle
2D and 3D Shapes Worksheets Freebie
Shape Push Pin Activities
Shape Tracing and Scissor Skill sheet
Camping Theme: K & 1st Grade Camping Printable Pack, Camping Week Activities
Printable Mat Man Tracing Sheets
Basic Shape Tracing
Tracing 2-D Shapes
Triangle Dog Math Shape Craft
- Easel Activity
Also included in: 2D Shape Animal Crafts Bundle
Monthly Themed Math Worksheets, Daily Math, Free
Shape Tracing Sheets
- Word Document File
Tracing Shapes Worksheets
Fun and Easy Shape Tracing Worksheets for Toddlers
Tracing shapes worksheets for toddlers
Trace the numbers 1-20-- A simple no-frills tracing sheet
8 Shapes Tracing Sheets
Tracing Shapes Worksheets For Toddlers
Transportation Shape & UC & LC Word Tracing and Coloring
TPT empowers educators to teach at their best.
- We're Hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Terms of Service
- Trademark & Copyright
Keep in Touch!
Are you getting the free resources, updates, and special offers we send out every week in our teacher newsletter?
Free printable shape tracing worksheets for preschool.
This shape tracing worksheet is the perfect little evergreen tracing shapes preschool activity that you can use over and over through the year. Your toddler, pre-k, and kindergarten students can work on identifying and tracing shapes with a simple no-prep activity that uses a free printable shape tracing worksheet . Simply print tracing shapes worksheets for preschool pdf and you are ready to play and learn with a shapes activity .
Tracing Shapes Worksheet
Shapes are the foundation of geometry. When we introduce our kids to shapes we are building up their background knowledge for their future geometry classes. It is important to show them the same shapes in a variety of sizes and orientations so that they understand that the properties of a shape define its classification not the size and orientation. This is most common with triangles.
Shape Tracing Worksheet
Tracing Shapes Preschool
Learning to trace shapes is going to be an on going skill for students. This is an activity that you will be able to do over and over again because the skill will require it. With this shape tracing worksheet you also get to introduce or practice color identification and pre-reading skills. Your preschooler will have to read the key to determine what color each shape should be traced with, engaging there pre-reading and color.
- Free Shape Tracing Worksheet
- Grab the FREE Shape Tracing Printable for Preschoolers
- Print the template.
- Invite your child to trace the shapes based on the colors of the shapes in the top row.
Free shape tracing worksheets
- If you print in black and white, you will need to trace the top shapes in different colors
- If you child is not ready for tracing, invite them to color each shape i
- Mix it up by tracing with crayons or q-tips dipped in paint.
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Tracing shapes worksheets for preschool pdf
Before you grab your free shape tracing preschool activity, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>> Free Shape Tracing Printable <<
Emily is a teacher turned mom who just couldn't quite leave the classroom behind. She has 2 toddlers at home whom she is prepping for kindergarten by doing hands-on learning activities at home. Her blog, Sandbox Academy, focuses on learning literacy, math, STEM, and the arts through crafts and play.
Beehive Jive Activity Rhyming Words for Preschoolers
Practicing listening for rhyming words for preschoolers with this fun, hands on, Beehive…
Christmas Tree Science Experiment Dissolving Peeps Activities
Kids will love this simple dissolving holiday peeps activity to learn science…
4th of July Color by Number Printable Worksheets
Kids will have fun revealing the hidden pictures in these free 4th…
FREE Printable Panada Worksheets for Preschool
Check out these cute Panda Worksheets to make learning fun! Uses these…
FREE Printable Colour Matching Worksheets
Young children will have fun learning eleven different colors with these fun…
FREE Printable July Coloring Pages for Kids
Get ready for summer with these handy, free printable July Coloring Pages. …
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Choose Your Store
Shop on Amazon
Shop Our Official Store
- & More...
You can purchase our educational books from the Amazon store. Please click the button to be redirected.
Shape Tracing Worksheets | Free Printable Worksheets
Tracing Shapes worksheet pdf for kids, parents, and teachers. Shape tracing worksheet is fun. Download this Trace Shapes printables and give to kids to practice tracing.
Tags: tracing, drawing, worksheet, shapes, basic, line, heart, star, circle, kids, printable, geometry
More Colors and shapes Worksheets
Trace the Shapes Worksheet
Dotted Shapes to Trace Worksheet
Finding Half of Shapes Worksheet
Match the Shapes Worksheet
Odd One Out Worksheet
Color by Number Worksheets
Fill the Colour in Pictures Worksheets
Color the Picture Worksheet
Colors & Shapes
Copyright Ⓒ 2023 RV AppStudios LLC
- Language Arts
Free Shapes Tracing Worksheets
We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
You can introduce or review shapes with your preschool or kindergarten student while giving fine motor skills a boost with our free printable shapes tracing worksheets .
Benefits of the Shapes Tracing Worksheets
These free shapes tracing pages will help your student practice fine motor skills. They can also help your student with other skills.
You can use the pages to teach the shape names to your student. “Look at this shape. It has eight sides. Let’s count them. What is the name of a shape that has eight sides?”
You can also use these pages to help your student analyze two-dimensional shapes. Ask questions. Is an oval like a circle? How are they the same? How are they different? How many sides does a triangle have? How many sides does a square have? Which one of the shapes looks the most like a kite? Which shape looks the most like a ball or a clock? Use the questions to teach critical thinking skills.
The shapes tracing worksheets will also help your student learn the names of shapes. Ten shapes are included in every printable set:
We have several sets of free shape tracing worksheets. Browse the list below to find one that matches your current theme or one of your student’s interests.
You can match our pages to several themes. For instance, the frog shape tracing worksheets could be used for a spring theme or a pond theme. The hedgehog shape worksheets could be used for a forest animal theme or a pet theme. The ladybug shape tracing worksheets could be used with an insect theme, garden theme, or even a summer theme. The options are endless.
- Apple Shapes Tracing Pages
- Christmas Ornament Shapes Tracing Pages
- Crab Shapes Tracing Pages
- Dinosaur Shapes Tracing Pages
- Fish Shapes Tracing Pages
- Flower Shapes Tracing Pages
- Frog Shapes Tracing Pages
- Hedgehog Shapes Tracing Pages
- Ice Cream Tracing Pages
- Ladybug Shapes Tracing Pages
- Pig Shapes Tracing Pages
- Pirate Shapes Tracing Pages
- Polar Bear Shapes Tracing Pages
- Shell Shapes Tracing Pages
- Submarine Shapes Tracing Pages
- Watermelon Shapes Tracing Pages
- Zoo Shapes Tracing Pages
How to Use the Shapes Tracing Worksheets
You can simply print the pages and let your student trace the shapes with a crayon, pencil, or marker.
However, if you want to reuse the pages, laminate them or use them with Dry Erase Sleeves or page protectors and a dry erase marker.
If your student isn’t ready to write, your student can use a variety of manipulatives to “trace” the shapes.
You can try Wikki Stix , yarn, pipe cleaners, playdough, or even small candies to place around the shapes.
Share This Article
When to Begin Shapes Tracing Worksheets ... Even at the young age of two, your child can start practicing straight lines and possibly curves. As
Tracing shapes can be a great way of introducing little ones to basic shapes like circles, triangles, squares, hearts, stars, etc.
Most Popular Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets Cut and Paste Worksheets Dot to Dot worksheets Size Comparison Worksheets Preschool and
Here you will find our selection of Shape Tracing Worksheets for kindergarten kids. There are a range of worksheets to help children identify and trace
Preschool Shapes Worksheet. A blog with ideas to aid us on our life's journey to perfecting ourselves and our families. Crafts, Printable Pages, LDS lesson
May 1, 2017 - Help your preschooler learn how to draw basic two dimensional shapes with these free printable shapes worksheets for preschool.
Browse shape tracing sheets resources on Teachers Pay Teachers, ... Category Vocabulary Tracing Worksheets for Preschool - Shapes
Tracing Shapes Preschool ... Learning to trace shapes is going to be an on going skill for students. This is an activity that you will be able to do over and over
Tracing Shapes worksheet pdf for kids, parents, and teachers. Shape tracing worksheet is fun. Download this Trace Shapes printables and give to kids to
... with your preschool or kindergarten student while giving fine motor skills a boost with our free printable shapes tracing worksheets.