193 Education Research Topics & Ideas
Developing healthcare, engineering, and IT is undoubtedly useful. However, the professionals in these areas do not grow on their own. The education system is the birthplace of all the science geniuses who change our world.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page
If you’re looking for a research title about education, you’re in the right place! This article contains 193 best education research topics that Custom-writing.org experts have prepared for you.
School issues, educational management, special education, child development, and even the new normal education in this pandemic – everything is collected here!
No matter if you’re a high school, an undergraduate, or a graduate college student, this list of research topics in education will be helpful. Find the perfect idea for your paper, discussion, presentation, or even a dissertation below.
- 🔝 Top 10 Topics
- 👓 How to Choose a Topic
🎓 Education Research Topics List
- 🚌 Special Education
- 👶 Child Development
🔝 research topics in education 2023.
- The future of didactics
- Teaching digital literacy
- What is “learning loss”?
- Augmented reality in the classroom
- Real-time performance data in education
- Cognitive science and learning environments
- Ways of monitoring students’ mental health
- Girls’ education and empowerment
- Mental effects of distance learning
- Online teacher-parent communication
- Distant education in the era of COVID-19 pandemic
- The role of technology in distant learning
- Student-student communication in distance education
👓 How to Choose an Education Research Topic?
If you have decided to start working on an educational research, you can definitely benefit from the following list of tips on how to choose a topic. It is the first writing step on your way to the successful paper.
- Review your previous works. Take a look at the essays and research projects you finished earlier. You may have mentioned an issue there that would be worth a more detailed examination.
- Stay informed about the latest updates in education. You might find some government reports saying about their plan of action. It is an excellent source of the most relevant topics that need to be developed in the nearest future.
- “Go out into the field.” If you don’t work in the area of education, it can be beneficial to visit some schools and colleges. Seeing how all the methods are applied in real life gives some food for thought.
- Dig into literature. You might as well get inspired by reading some acknowledged authors’ works.
- Check out international practices. Don’t be afraid to go out of the limits of the national education system. There are thousands of new approaches applied in different areas of education.
Try at least one of the suggested tips if you feel stuck. Be creative while working on your paper! Use our great collection of funny quotes about education . And keep in mind that we’ve also prepared some speech and research proposal ideas on education.
We made a list of educational research topics to make your life easier and save your time! There are 113 great ideas about which way you can start moving:
- Early childhood education : learning through play. We already discussed the importance of education in the development of our society. You see, the personality and mindset of a person are developed in the first years of their lives. Early childhood education is the foundation for the rest of the child’s life.
- Evaluation of the ability grouping method effectiveness. Ability grouping is creating groups of pupils with the same abilities, unlike the more popular age grouping strategy. However, there might be some challenges. For instance, the group should be rearranged if one child starts developing faster. You can research its effectiveness.
- How does the blended learning approach affect students’ performance? Blended learning has been getting more and more popular recently. It is a modern learning approach that combines traditional classes with online materials. It requires strong management skills from students but gives more opportunities in the age of technologies.
- Growing classes: do learning outcomes suffer from it? It looks like there are fewer and fewer professionals willing to teach at schools. But the demand is growing, which results in bigger classes. Teachers can’t possibly split and attend to each and every student with the same level of individual approach. So how does it affect students’ performance ?
- The trends in computer literacy . Nowadays, no one is surprised by a toddler using a tablet or a smartphone without any trouble. Technologies are also incorporated into the learning process. You may write on it with an argumentative approach or see what trends there are and compare them.
- How to recognize which learning style a student needs? There are four learning styles based on different ways students perceive information. For some, it is easier to visualize information; for others, it is all about reading. Look into how schools apply this knowledge, how the best teachers find individual approaches, or how can a study styles quiz help in determining the best educational strategy.
- Should all teachers receive merit pay ? Let’s talk about finances now! Being a teacher is an essential but sometimes tough job. Most teachers overwork and don’t even have weekends. However, they would still receive a standard paycheck. Is it fair? Or should they be paid according to their performance ?
- Standardized testing as a fair judging system. Standardized tests were created to evaluate the performance of the students in all the schools around the country. However, how effective are they? Are the quality of education and budgeting the same in all schools? Many aspects should be taken into consideration.
- From homeschooling to successful careers: an overview. There are many reasons why mothers would prefer homeschooling to public education. However, only one thing matters – its effectiveness. If you know anyone who was studying at home, take this chance to analyze how it affected their current life. It is one of the experimental research topics in education.
- How do children benefit from bilingual education? At the times of globalization, this question is undoubtedly relevant. There are more and more advocates for bilingual education. Studies have shown that kids who study in two or more languages have better cognitive abilities and overall academic achievement.
- Single-sex education vs. mixed-sex education. The division started to honor traditions and religion. You might think that it is in the past… But, today, there are still plenty of separate schools for boys and girls. There are many debates on this issue and an excellent chance to research it from the scientific point of view.
- Where is the line for parental involvement ? It is easily one of the best education research topics. Maybe it is too biased for a thesis but could be excellent as a research paper for majors like psychology and communication. Parental involvement is undoubtedly essential, but is there a limit? Parents sometimes overdo it!
- Boarding schools : advantages & disadvantages. Sometimes parents send their kids to the boarding schools to get rid of them. But often they underestimate the stress that students go under there. Spending all their time on the school premises, even at the weekend. It can be psychologically exhausting.
- How should a proper sex education program look like? Let’s leave the Netflix show aside, though… In real life, it is much less dramatic. But just as important! In many schools, there is a lack of sex ed classes. And even if there are some, they don’t seem to be working… However, this topic is vital for youth health and is worth researching.
- Reforming the school schedule: the most efficient solution. This education research topic list would not be complete without this highlighting this issue. There is no way to satisfy all students’ needs regarding the schedule. But that is what compromises for! Maybe your research can become the next universal solution.
- How can career counseling support high school students? Career counseling might be a good investment for schools. Counselors analyze students’ unique abilities and skills based on the scores as well as their passions. It is also a great chance for students to evaluate their real prospects for a specific career path.
- The benefits of the flipped classroom approach. The flipped classroom approach is kinda a type of blended learning. Students are asked to learn the new material at home. When they get to school, they work through it with a teacher and create discussion groups. But does it really work?
- How does Race to the Top program affect students’ outcomes? Race to the Top is an initiative that helps to reform the education system by giving grants to states. It provides multiple opportunities, such as creating data systems and organizing training for teachers. However, it met a wave of criticism.
- The new solutions to prevent violence at schools . Education is good, but children can be mean to each other. Whenever kids get together, there are always fights. It is hard even dealing with and preventing sounds impossible. But you only need to study some cases of educational institutions in countries like Sweden.
- Why should teachers join teacher unions ? Teacher unions are organizations that connect professionals who want to stand for their rights. It may be extremely beneficial if a teacher seeks legal advice. But is it the only advantage of joining the union? You can elaborate on this topic, which is relevant at all times.
- Adapted physical education vs. usual physical education
- Is busing still relevant, and should it be stopped?
- How to avoid plagiarism?
- Charter schools vs. public schools : compare & contrast
- Online courses interaction: types and effects
- The inclusivity in charter schools
- High school students and vocational education
- Should collaborative learning be applied more in high school?
- Comparing education in USA and in Saudi Arabia
- Do Common Core State Standards succeed in preparing students for college ?
- Evidence-based model and solving problems with school funding
- Why is computer-assisted instruction also necessary for non-IT students?
- Personal lecture results
- Data-based decision making in assessment
- The role of teachers and parents in the discipline : compare & contrast
- Education: qualitative research study roles
- Should time management be taught in schools?
- Education: peer evaluation system
- Do dual enrollment programs put more pressure on high school students?
- College student life: participation, perceptions and satisfaction
- DACA and DREAM act : compare & contrast
- Impacts of teaching detective stories to esl students
- Can Kalamazoo Promise initiative be applied in other states?
- Liberal arts: Otis College of Arts and Design
- Using Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences to create a new learning approach
- Where and how sex education should be conducted among the young people?
- Where is the limit of self-improvement: the case of the No Child Left Behind Act ?
- Homeschooling: argumentation for and against
- School sex education and teenage pregnancy in the United States
- The effect of outcomes-based education on children’s mental health
- Education: financial aid for college students
- The benefits of peer-counseling
- Learning methods: online learning
- School uniform in learning institutions
- Improving oral reading skills to enhance reading comprehension
- The root causes of plagiarism in high school
- Religion in schools: is there a place for it? Pros and cons
- Are plagiarism and dishonesty in childhood connected?
- Should a school choice be a usual practice?
- Education issues: differentiation and technology
- The best school-to-career programs in the country: an overview
- The concept of lifelong learning
- Studying abroad: pros and cons
- Is there still a need for school-to-career programs?
- Addressing bullying in elementary and middle school classrooms
- What is STEM lacking?
- STEAM vs. STEM: compare & contrast
- Peer evaluation system in education
- The ways of integrating technology into the classroom
- College education: arguments for and against
- How to prevent students from being distracted by smartphones ?
- Continuing nursing education: a 3-5 year plan
- Psychology of the high school: why do students become bullies ?
- Adult education: reasons to continue studying
- How to prevent cyberbullying among teenagers?
- Flipped classroom in nursing schools
- Do virtual classrooms lack a personal connection between students and teachers?
- Classroom management and techniques to incorporate in student’s reinforcement plan
- Will virtual classrooms substitute real-life classes in the future?
- Children’s bullying in school
- Is the whole brain teaching method effective for college students?
- Gamification in education practice
- Uniforms : killing individuality or improving discipline?
- Perceptions about relationships around schooling
- Does the zero-tolerance policy violate the law?
- Academic dishonesty and its detrimental effects
- Online education and e-learning: potential and benefits
- The approaches to emotional development in early childhood education
- Understanding student’s professionalism
- Importance of sex education
- Sex education curricula as the factor that reduced the number of pregnancies in Fayette and Shelby counties
- School communication
- Encouraging students in reading and literacy
- The correct ways to minimize plagiarism and cheating
- The role of textbooks in education
- Why do college students drop out of school?
- Social skills vs. general knowledge: what is more important in early childhood education?
- Distance learning and social change
- A school without homework: a case study
- The role of history learning in society
- Public vs. private schools : what affects academic achievement?
- The impact of education on life quality
- Educational experiences and significant career goals
- The most advanced best practices in adult ESL instruction
- College entrance exams in the US and China: the competitiveness
- Information technologies & online learning
- An information overload: what are high school students’ limits?
- The impact of education on life qualityEducation: Internet courses versus traditional courses
- Multicultural education : how does it promote a positive attitude?
- Course evaluation methods
- Critical thinking in education
- Criterion and norm-referenced tests in education
🚌 Special Education Research Topics & Ideas
Special education makes it possible for students with special needs to receive all the individual support they require. There are plenty of interesting special education research topics you can choose from:
- Practical approaches to teaching students with an auditory processing disorder. The percentage of children diagnosed with an auditory processing disorder (APD) is rising. Despite the difficulty in diagnosing, there is believed to be at least 5% of students having this learning disorder. It doesn’t affect the hearing itself but makes it hard for children to process what they hear.
- Music therapy for children on the autism spectrum : what instruments are the most effective? Children on the autism spectrum find it difficult to interact socially. Some studies show that music therapy helps them become more flexible and responsive. In turn, it promotes the development of their social skills. For example, the didgeridoo playing showed significant results.
- Karaoke as a way to help children with learning disorders . Kids with learning disabilities need special care. It is one of the research paper topics on education which can bring a brilliant solution! It has been shown that children with learning disorders did much better in reading tests after doing karaoke-based exercises.
- How does peer support help children with disabilities socialize in the classroom? We have already mentioned a topic related to peer review, which is quite a good one for the thesis. Here, you can study how peers can help their classmates with special needs. It is especially relevant for schools with inclusivity policies.
- Cooperative learning & students with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder . Cooperative learning is vital in early childhood. Most schools choose this approach because of its apparent benefits. However, kids with ADHD might see it as a real challenge. Look into the best ways to engage them in cooperative learning activities without harm.
- Social skills : the best time for children with EBD to learn them. It is one of the research topics in social studies education. Secondary school becomes a tough period for students with emotional and behavioral disorders. It is the time when social skills training is as relevant for them as never before. However, what is the best time to start SST?
- How to develop self-determination in children with disabilities ? Self-determination is one of the most vital components of growing up. Every independent human being needs to have it developed. But what about children with special needs? Since they rely heavily on support, it is the educators’ responsibility to help them build self-determination.
- What are the negative sides of the response to intervention approach ? Response to intervention is not a new method. However, it has appeared to be controversial. It not only focuses on children with special needs but on every student who struggles to achieve a specific level. Some evaluations show its ineffectiveness, though.
- Inclusive classes vs. special education . It is one of the most relevant child development research paper topics. Special education classes were created out of fear that students with learning disabilities cannot reach the same level of academic achievement in usual courses. However, it seems that the performance is the same in both approaches.
- How does grade retention affect children with learning disabilities ? Even frequent testing can be a stress for any student. How do children with learning disorders feel then? What’s more, they are put under more pressure if they need to repeat the year? Therefore, some particular approaches need to be applied to prevent it.
- Why should students with learning disabilities be included in the Adequate Yearly Progress evaluation?
- Is a foreign language learning disability a real thing?
- Learning disabilities : when is a child’s communication considered delayed?
- Are students more engaged in self-directed IEP classes?
- Teaching communication skills for students with autism
- Zero-tolerance policy & students with special needs
- Assessing students with learning problems
- Strategies for addressing individual needs in special education
- How effective is the Reading Recovery program?
- Inquiry in the field of education: critical and historical analysis of inclusion of students with disabilities
- Early intervention & students with hearing disabilities
- Inclusive classes & bullying prevention
- Technology integration for children with learning disabilities
- Education for students with autism in Saudi Arabia
- Blended learning & children on the autism spectrum: pros and cons
- Special education & trauma-informed learning
- Should twice-exceptional students still get a special education approach?
- What are the causes of disproportionality in special education?
- Self-monitoring & students with learning disabilities
- How does virtual reality help students with autism adapt to stressful real-life situations?
- Homeschooling children with learning disorders
- How to prevent special education teachers from burnouts?
- Co-teaching & special education
- Is full inclusion a good idea?
- Student-led planning to promote independence in special education
- Early detection & learning disabilities
👶 Child Development Research Topics & Ideas
Child development is a vast area since it covers both the physical and mental development of a child from birth to adulthood. Below you can find 30 child development research topics suitable for your project or even a dissertation!
- Mother-child connection: how does stress affect a child’s wellbeing? Everyone knows about the mother-child connection, but not many know how deep it is. During pregnancy, a woman can get into a stressful situation. It may cause chemical reactions in the brain of a child, which, in turn, affects its future health.
- What role do genes play in child development ? Some of us are used to blaming genes for one thing or another. However, it appears that the environment in which we grow up is much more critical. You can debate on how a child’s environment cases chemical modifications in genes.
- How does living in a community affect child development ? Of course, parents are the primary caregivers for small children. On the other hand, there are advocates for shared responsibilities. In communities, kids interact mostly with close neighbors. A child is open to more experience this way. Elaborate on this topic.
- Child development : does it slow down after the third birthday? It is true that in the first three years of life, children develop the most basic brain functions very actively. However, it doesn’t mean that after that they can’t learn anything new! So what areas of the brain stop active development after the child’s third birthday, if any?
- How is neglecting and ignoring your child worse than physical punishment? Physical violence against children is addressed as one of the main issues in child development. Undoubtedly, it has incredibly adverse effects on a child’s mental health. However, neglect is often omitted. It may cause severe disruptions in the healthy social life and development of a child.
- Childhood trauma & happy life. Children who faced violence or any other unpleasant experience have a higher risk of developing stress-related disorders. On the other hand, it is not a rule. If a child gets sufficient support as soon as possible, traumas may just become a neutral life experience for them.
- What care should traumatized children be provided? It is not enough to just save a child from a traumatizing environment. They can still feel insecure even in safe and predictable surroundings. This situation would require more than one action. A child needs therapeutic care for sooner recovery.
- Child development: coping with troubles alone or in a team? Usually, parents try to teach their children to become more independent. Being brave and only relying on yourself is promoted as socially acceptable behavior. But scientists found out that it’s not individualism that helps to overcome obstacles but supportive relationships.
- Responsive relationships & child development . It appears that having a healthy relationship with parents in childhood is related to having good mental health. Parents should practice responsive relationships with their children. It promotes healthy brain development and resilience in kids. You can research this connection.
- Why should parents teach core life skills to their children? Children are capable of learning how to adapt to life on their own. But researchers highlight that parents can significantly help in this process by teaching core life skills to children. This scaffolding process helps kids learn, develop, and make healthy life choices.
- Why is reducing stress essential for child development?
- Family factors that shape children’s behavior
- How does the process of building neural connections change with time?
- Why is it essential to respond to the child’s interaction actions?
- Child development: using the early plasticity at full
- How emotional health and social skills affect a child’s future career?
- Toxic stress & child development
- What effect does divorce cause in child development?
- Video games & child development: pros and cons
- What does single parenting mean for the development of a child?
- Can a child develop normally without a father’s love?
- Can food supplements help to develop a child’s cognitive abilities?
- Postpartum depression & child development
- Does verbal abuse have the same effect on a child as physical punishment ?
- Should beauty pageants be banned as a threat to healthy child development?
- How soon should mothers end maternity leave?
- Child development in low-income families
- How does graphic violence in animations and movies affect child development ?
- Child development & mother’s mental illness
- Is daycare right for child development ?
- Child development : how do children adopt parents’ beliefs?
🤔 Education Research FAQs
Research in education is important because it contributes to the development in the field. Proving theories, creating new methodologies, and practical solutions are all the outcomes of the research in the education area. It plays a vital role – bringing innovation and progress. It also enables teachers to perfect the learning processes for the benefit of the students.
Research is important in child development because it helps find ways to improve children’s quality of life. Environment, teachers, and relationships have a profound impact on child development. All the children’s basic needs should be met to secure their healthy development. Therefore, it is crucial to find the best solutions for any issues arising in those three aspects. That is why the research is done in child development.
It may not be easy to design and evaluate research in education, but comprehensive guidelines make the process much smoother. First of all, choose the topic you want to work on. Then think about the research methodologies and pick the one which works best. After that, be ready to spend quite a while on the steps like data analysis and writing research proposals.
Action research in education is anything related to evaluating and analyzing issues and weak spots in the learning process. Unlike other types of research, this one is very practical. It may help teachers transition from the old methodologies to newer and more effective ones. Teachers get practical solutions to solve problems in the education process and meet the special needs of their students.
Both culture and ethics influence child development research in many ways. It is especially important if your research is done internationally. Cultural differences should be taken into consideration while collecting and analyzing data. Ethics, on the other hand, influences the whole process. While researching early childhood development, for example, remember about consent and anonymity of the groups.
Learn more on this topic:
- 280 Good Nursing Research Topics & Questions
- 226 Research Topics on Criminal Justice & Criminology
- 204 Research Topics on Technology & Computer Science
- 178 Best Research Titles about Cookery & Food
- 497 Interesting History Topics to Research
- 110+ Micro- & Macroeconomics Research Topics
- 417 Business Research Topics for ABM Students
- 190+ Research Topics on Psychology & Communication
- 512 Research Topics on HumSS
- 281 Best Health & Medical Research Topics
- 501 Research Questions & Titles about Science
- A List of Research Topics for Students. Unique and Interesting
- Good Research Topics, Titles and Ideas for Your Paper
- Databases for Research & Education: Gale
- Top Tips on Choosing a Topic for Your Education Research Project: Acedemia
- InBrief: The Science of Early Childhood Development (Harvard University)
- Child Development: Research (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Topics in Early Childhood Special Education: SAGE Journals
- PhD Research Topics: Department of Education, University of York
- Early childhood education: UNICEF
- Early Childhood Education: Australian Council for Educational Research
- Do the Effects of Early Childhood Programs on Academic Outcomes Vary by Gender? A Meta-Analysis (2011 SREE Conference Abstract Template)
- Research in Education: Ontario Ministry of Education
- Center for Education Policy Research: Harvard University
- Research: School of Education, University of Queensland
- Faculty & Research: School of Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Education Research Section: Princeton University
- Engaging with educational research: free course (OpenLearn)
- Education in a Changing World: NSW Government
- Research areas: The University of Sydney, School of Education and Social Work
- Faculty & Research: Stanford, Graduate School of Education
- Special Education: UW College of Education
- Special Education: Michigan State University
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Thanks got some ideas here.
Thanks for the feedback, Neroly!
Can you help me for our Research Title po, BSED MAJOR IN VALUES. THANYOU😊❤
Hello, Mara! Try our Topic Generator . Or our experts will help you with any task
Please help me with the research topic also the source of research topic
Hello, Sheyelongo! Try our Topic Generator . Or our experts will help you with any task
Can you help me . About the education research papr share me ?
Hello! Our experts will help you with any task!
Can you help me with literature review on this topic the importance of developing a learners literacy skills in foundation phase South Africa
Hello! Our experts can help you with any task!
can you help me some research paper?
This document is important for me to effectively frame my topic. Thanks a lot for the contribution !
Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.
Very very useful information. Thank you
Glad to hear that! Thank you for your feedback!
Recommended for You
Research Proposal Topics: 503 Ideas, Sample, & Guide 
Do you have to write a research proposal and can’t choose one from the professor’s list? This article may be exactly what you need. We will provide you with the most up-to-date undergraduate and postgraduate topic ideas. Moreover, we will share the secrets of the winning research proposal writing. Here,...
208 Interesting History Essay Topics and Events to Write about
A history class can become a jumble of years, dates, odd moments, and names of people who have been dead for centuries. Despite this, you’ll still need to find history topics to write about. You may have no choice! But once in a while, your instructor may let you pick...
Gun Control Argumentative Essay: 160 Topics + How-to Guide 
After the recent heartbreaking mass shootings, the gun control debate has reached its boiling point. Do we need stricter gun control laws? Should everyone get a weapon to oppose crime? Or should guns be banned overall? You have the opportunity to air your opinion in a gun control argumentative essay....
Best Childhood Memories Essay Ideas: 94 Narrative Topics 
Many people believe that childhood is the happiest period in a person’s life. It’s not hard to see why. Kids have nothing to care or worry about, have almost no duties or problems, and can hang out with their friends all day long. An essay about childhood gives an opportunity...
435 Literary Analysis Essay Topics and Prompts [2023 Upd]
Literature courses are about two things: reading and writing about what you’ve read. For most students, it’s hard enough to understand great pieces of literature, never mind analyzing them. And with so many books and stories out there, choosing one to write about can be a chore. But you’re in...
255 Unique Essay Topics for College Students [2023 Update]
The success of any college essay depends on the topic choice. If you want to impress your instructors, your essay needs to be interesting and unique. Don’t know what to write about? We are here to help you! In this article by our Custom-Writing.org team, you will find 255 interesting...
- Write my thesis
- Thesis writers
- Buy thesis papers
- Bachelor thesis
- Master's thesis
- Thesis editing services
- Thesis proofreading services
- Buy a thesis online
- Write my dissertation
- Dissertation proposal help
- Pay for dissertation
- Custom dissertation
- Dissertation help online
- Buy dissertation online
- Cheap dissertation
- Dissertation editing services
- Write my research paper
- Buy research paper online
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper help
- Order research paper
- Custom research paper
- Cheap research paper
- Research papers for sale
- Thesis subjects
- How It Works
80+ Great Research Titles Examples in Various Academic Fields
Coming up with a research title for an academic paper is one of the most challenging parts of the writing process. Even though there is an unlimited quantity of research titles to write about, knowing which one is best for you can be hard. We have done the research for you and compiled eighty examples of research titles to write on. Additionally, we have divided the research titles examples into sections to make them easier to choose.
Research Study Examples of Current Events
Examples of research topics on ethics, title of research study examples on health, research paper title examples on social concerns, examples of research title on art and culture, example of research interest in religion, samples of research study topics on technology, research examples of environmental studies, good research title examples on history, specific topic examples regarding education, research title examples for students on family, food, and nutrition, research problems examples computer science, samples of research title about business marketing and communications, sample of research study topics in women’s studies, research problem example on politics, what are some examples of research paper topics on law, final words about research titles.
When it comes to choosing a good sample research title, research is one of the best tips you can get. By reading widely, including your school notes and scholarly articles, you will have a problem/line of interest examples in research. Then, you can derive any question from areas that appear to have a knowledge gap and proceed with researching the answer. As promised, below are eighty research title examples categorized into different areas, including social media research topics .
- Discuss the peculiar policies of a named country – for example, discuss the impacts of the one-child policy of China.
- Research on the influence of a named political leader, say a president, on the country they governed and other countries around. For instance, you can talk about how Trump’s presidency has changed international relations.
- Conduct an analysis of a particular aspect of two named countries – for example, the history of the relationship between the U.S. and North Korea.
- Compare the immigration laws in two or more named countries – for example, discuss how the immigration laws in the U.S. compares with other countries.
- Discuss how the Black Lives Matter movement has affected the view and discussions about racism in the United States.
- Enumerate the different ways the government of the United States can reduce deaths arising from the unregulated use of guns.
- Analyze the place of ethics in medicine or of medical practitioners. For instance, you can discuss the prevalence of physician-assisted suicides in a named country. You may also talk about the ethicality of such a practice and whether it should be legal.
- Explain how recent research breakthroughs have affected that particular field – for instance, how stem cell research has impacted the medical field.
- Explain if and why people should be able to donate organs in exchange for money.
- Discuss ethical behaviors in the workplace and (or) the educational sector. For example, talk about whether or not affirmative action is still important or necessary in education or the workplace.
- Weigh the benefits and risks of vaccinating children and decide which one outweighs the other. Here, you might want to consider the different types of vaccinations and the nature and frequency of associated complications.
- Investigate at least one of the health issues that currently pose a threat to humanity and which are under investigation. These issues can include Alzheimer’s, cancer, depression, autism, and HIV/AIDS. Research how these issues affect individuals and society and recommend solutions to alleviate cost and suffering.
- Study some individuals suffering from and under treatment for depression. Then, investigate the common predictors of the disease and how this information can help prevent the issue.
Tip : To make this example of a research title more comprehensive, you can focus on a certain age range – say, teenagers.
- Discuss whether or not free healthcare and medication should be available to people and the likely implications.
- Identify and elucidate different methods or programs that have been most effective in preventing or reducing teen pregnancy.
- Analyze different reasons and circumstances for genetic manipulation and the different perspectives of people on this matter. Then, discuss whether or not parents should be allowed to engineer designer babies.
- Identify the types of immigration benefits, including financial, medical, and education, your country provides for refugees and immigrants. Then, discuss how these benefits have helped them in settling down and whether more or less should be provided.
- Discuss the acceptance rate of the gay community in your country or a specific community. For example, consider whether or not gay marriage is permitted if they can adopt children, and if they are welcome in religious gatherings.
- Explore and discuss if terrorism truly creates a fear culture that can become a society’s unintended terrorist.
- Consider and discuss the different techniques one can use to identify pedophiles on social media.
Tip : Social issues research topics are interesting, but ensure you write formally and professionally.
- Investigate the importance or lack of importance of art in primary or secondary education. You can also recommend whether or not it should be included in the curriculum and why.
Tip : You can write on this possible research title based on your experiences, whether positive or negative.
- Discuss the role of illustration in children’s books and how it facilitates easy understanding in children. You may focus on one particular book or select a few examples and compare and contrast.
- Should the use of art in books for adults be considered, and what are the likely benefits?
- Compare and contrast the differences in art from two named cultural Renaissance – for instance, the Northern Renaissance and the Italian Renaissance.
- Investigate how sexism is portrayed in different types of media, including video games, music, and film. You can also talk about whether or not the amount of sexism portrayed has reduced or increased over the years.
- Explore different perspectives and views on dreams; are they meaningful or simply a game of the sleeping mind? You can also discuss the functions and causes of dreams, like sleeping with anxiety, eating before bed, and prophecies.
- Investigate the main reasons why religious cults are powerful and appealing to the masses, referring to individual cases.
- Investigate the impact of religion on the crime rate in a particular region.
Tip : Narrow down this research title by choosing to focus on a particular age group, say children or teenagers, or family. Alternatively, you can focus on a particular crime in the research to make the paper more extensive.
- Explore reasons why Martin Luther decided to split with the Catholic church.
- Discuss the circumstances in Siddhartha’s life that led to him becoming the Buddha.
Tip : It is important to remove sentiments from your research and base your points instead on clear evidence from a sound study. This ensures your title of research does not lead to unsubstantiated value judgments, which reduces the quality of the paper.
- Discuss how the steel sword, gunpowder, biological warfare, longbow, or atomic bomb has changed the nature of warfare.
Tip : For this example of the research problem, choose only one of these technological developments or compare two or more to have a rich research paper.
- Explore the changes computers, tablets, and smartphones have brought to human behaviors and culture, using published information and personal experience.
Tip : Approach each research study example in a research paper context, giving a formal but objective view of the subject.
- Are railroads and trains primary forces in the industrialization, exploitation, and settlement of your homeland or continent?
- Discuss how the use of fossil fuels has changed or shaped the world.
Tip : Narrow down this title of the research study to focus on a local or particular area or one effect of fossil fuels, like oil spill pollution.
- Discuss what progress countries have made with artificial intelligence. You can focus on one named country or compare the progress of one country with another.
- Investigate the factual status of global warming – that is, is it a reality or a hoax? If it is a reality, explore the primary causes and how humanity can make a difference.
- Conduct in-depth research on endangered wildlife species in your community and discuss why they have become endangered. You can also enumerate what steps the community can take to prevent these species from going extinct and increase their chances of survival.
- Investigate the environmental soundness of the power sources in your country or community. Then, recommend alternative energy sources that might be best suited for the area and why.
- Consider an area close to wildlife reserves and national parks, and see whether oil and mineral exploration has occurred there. Discuss whether this action should be allowed or not, with fact-backed reasons.
- Investigate how the use and abolishment of DDT have affected the population of birds in your country.
Tip : Each example research title requires that you consult authoritative scientific reports to improve the quality of your paper. Furthermore, specificity and preciseness are required in each example of research title and problem, which only an authority source can provide.
- Discuss the importance of a major historical event and why it was so important in the day. These events can include the assassination of John F. Kennedy or some revolutionary document like the Magna Carta.
- Consider voyagers such as the Vikings, Chinese, as well as native populations and investigate whether Columbus discovered America first.
- Choose a named historical group, family, or individual through their biographies, examining them for reader responses.
- Research people of different cultural orientations and their responses to the acts of others who live around them.
- Investigate natural disasters in a named country and how the government has responded to them. For example, explore how the response of the New Orleans government to natural disasters has changed since Hurricane Katrina.
Tip : Focus this research title sample on one particular country or natural disaster or compare the responses of two countries with each other.
- Explore the educational policy, “no child left behind,” investigating its benefits and drawbacks.
- Investigate the concept of plagiarism in the twenty-first century, its consequences, and its prevalence in modern universities. Take a step further to investigate how and why many students don’t understand the gravity of their errors.
- Do in-depth research on bullying in schools, explaining the seriousness of the problem in your area in particular. Also, recommend actions schools, teachers, and parents can take to improve the situation if anything.
- Explore the place of religion in public schools; if it has a place, explain why, and if it does not, explain why not.
- Does a student’s financial background have any effect on his or her academic performance? In this sample research title, you can compare students from different financial backgrounds, from wealthy to average, and their scores on standardized tests.
- Is spanking one’s child considered child abuse; if so, why? In this research problem example for students, consider whether or not parents should be able to spank their children.
- Investigate the relationship between family health and nutrition, focusing on particular nutrition. This example of the title of the research study, for instance, can focus on the relationship between breastfeeding and baby health.
- Elucidate on, if any, the benefits of having a home-cooked meal and sitting down as a family to eat together.
- Explore the effect of fast-food restaurants on family health and nutrition, and whether or not they should be regulated.
- Research local food producers and farms in your community, pinpointing how much of your diet is acquired from them.
Tip : These are great research titles from which you can coin research topics for STEM students .
- Compare and contrast the two major operating systems: Mac and Windows, and discuss which one is better.
Tip : This title of the research study example can lead to strong uninformed opinions on the matter. However, it is important to investigate and discuss facts about the two operating systems, basing your conclusions on these.
- Explain the effect of spell checkers, autocorrect functions, and grammar checkers on the writing skills of computer users. Have these tools improved users’ writing skills or weakened them?
Tip : For this example of title research, it is better to consider more than one of these tools to write a comprehensive paper.
- Discuss the role(s) artificial intelligence is playing now or will likely play in the future as regards human evolution.
- Identify and investigate the next groundbreaking development in computer science (like the metaverse), explaining why you believe it will be important.
- Discuss a particular trendsetting technological tool, like blockchain technology, and how it has benefited different sectors.
Tip : For this research title example, you may want to focus on the effect of one tool on one particular sector. This way, you can investigate this example of research and thesis statement about social media more thoroughly and give as many details as possible.
- Consider your personal experiences as well as close friends’ and families experiences. Then, determine how marketing has invaded your lives and whether these impersonal communications are more positive than negative or vice versa.
- Investigate the regulations (or lack thereof) that apply to marketing items to children in your region. Do you think these regulations are unfounded, right, or inadequate?
- Investigate the merits and demerits of outsourcing customer services; you can compare the views of businesses with those of their customers.
- How has the communication we do through blog sites, messaging, social media, email, and other online platforms improved interpersonal communications if it has?
- Can understanding culture change the way you do business? Discuss how.
Tip : Ensure you share your reasoning on this title of the research study example and provide evidence-backed information to support your points.
- Learn everything you can about eating disorders like bulimia and anorexia, as well as their causes, and symptoms. Then, investigate and discuss the impact of its significance and recommend actions that might improve the situation.
- Research a major development in women’s history, like the admission of women to higher institutions and the legalization of abortion. Discuss the short-term and (or) long-term implications of the named event or development.
- Discuss gender inequality in the workplace – for instance, the fact that women tend to earn less than men for doing the same job. Provide specific real-life examples as you explain the reasons for this and recommend solutions to the problem.
- How have beauty contests helped women: have they empowered them in society or objectified them?
Tip : You may shift the focus of this topic research example to female strippers or women who act in pornographic movies.
- Investigate exceptional businesswomen in the 21st century; you can focus on one or compare two or more.
Tip : When writing on the title of a research example related to women, avoid using persuasion tactics; instead, be tactful and professional in presenting your points.
- Discuss the unique nature and implications of Donald Trump’s presidency on the United States and the world.
- Investigate the conditions and forces related to the advent and rise of Nazi Germany. Shift the focus of this title research example on major wars like WWI or the American Civil War.
- Is the enormous amount of money spent during election campaigns a legitimate expense?
- Investigate a named major political scandal that recently occurred in your region or country. Discuss how it started, how its news spread, and its impacts on individuals in that area.
- Discuss the impacts British rule had on India.
- Investigate the rate of incarceration in your region and compare it with that of other countries or other regions.
- Is incarcerating criminals an effective solution in promoting the rehabilitation of criminals and controlling crime rates?
- Consider various perspectives on the issue of gun control and coin several argumentative essay topics on the matter.
- Why do drivers continue to text while driving despite legal implications and dire consequences?
- Discuss the legality of people taking their own lives due to suffering from a debilitating terminal disease.
Each example of the research title provided in this article will make for a rich, information-dense research paper. However, you have a part to play in researching thoroughly on the example of the research study. To simplify the entire process for you, hiring our writing services is key as you wouldn’t have to worry about choosing topics. Our team of skilled writers knows the right subject that suits your research and how to readily get materials on them.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
Education Research Topics Guide
The main purpose of any education research is to expand the existing scope of knowledge in the field of education and seek the most efficient solutions related to challenges in pedagogy, modern learning, and various teaching practices. It is the best and most scientific way to improve education processes and find new approaches to students. Therefore, correct education research paper topics are always vital for successful research.
How to Research Topics In Education?
While there may be different methods of research work, the most important is to choose something that you know well and explore relevant research works. Here is the list of tips to follow:
- Choose something that reflects your course and your academic strengths.
- Research various innovations and inspirational topics.
- Explore similar research works.
- Come up with a thesis statement or an argument that reflects your thoughts and ideas.
- Create a list of references by looking up statistical facts and data.
- Change the wording of your subject to see what sounds the best way.
- Know your target audience.
When dealing with the field of special education, you must remember about being respectful and the importance of providing not only arguments that support your opinion but some counter-arguments as well. By doing so, you will achieve more reliable research.
The List of Research Topics In Education
The possibilities in the field of education are truly endless. Yet, once you must choose a certain topic for your college course, it is easy to get lost and become trapped in writer's block. Choosing the best topics for research papers must be done through the prism of preliminary exploration of similar works on the topic and your personal knowledge. If the topic does not inspire you, you should choose something else.
Here is a research topic on education set of ideas to consider:
- The role of video games in childhood studying.
- The improvement of cognitive qualities through play.
- Group studying versus personalized approach.
- Online learning versus classroom instruction.
- The benefits of Waldorf schools.
- The pros and cons of smaller classes.
- Textbooks versus online learning in middle schools.
- The challenges of computer literacy.
- Different learning styles as the method of addressing individual child needs.
- The dark side of school bullying.
- Should special education teachers receive additional payments?
- The reason why standardized tests are not fair anymore.
- Homeschooling versus Private School.
- Why the boarding schools are still popular in England and Australia.
- The pros and cons of learning English at summer school in the UK.
- The bilingual education in Belgium.
- Homework vs no homework learning approaches.
- The cons and pros of single-gender classes.
- How far should parental involvement reach in modern education.
- The stress associated with religious education in grammar schools.
- Should teachers serve as voluntary parent figures for students?
- Discussing forbidden substances use and related dangers in school.
- The benefits of after-class activities: Chiro case study in Belgium.
- The importance of cross-class interactions of younger children with the older students.
- The implementation of safety rules at school.
- The challenges of meeting school schedules.
- The most frequent causes of counseling at school in 2021.
- Why is social work at school is not for everyone.
- How can school violence be prevented?
- The pros and cons of teacher unions: bias versus leadership.
Below are some more specific education research topics you should explore for your next research.
Higher Education Research Paper Topics
Higher education requires additional research, which is usually based on issues that are mostly specific to colleges and universities. As you choose your topic, you should consider various scientific journals for referencing purposes and even newspapers. These may provide you with good starting points if you would like to research some case studies as an example.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- The best ways to avoid academic integrity issues.
- Should colleges provide students with advanced mental help?
- The pros and cons of higher education in Europe vs the USA.
- The role of collaboration in higher education.
- The pros and cons of community colleges.
- The bias towards ethnic minorities in American Universities.
- Joining All Black college as a white student.
- Double standards related to student loan issues.
- The success of a personalized approach at Oxford, UK.
- The bias related to Liberal Arts education in 2021.
Early Childhood Education Research Paper Topics
The majority of early childhood education research topics that students may encounter in 2021 will differ drastically from those topics that have been popular even ten years ago. The reason for that is the use of computers and various electronic devices even by those children who can barely speak and form sentences. This phenomenon and many other issues represent an interesting ground for academic research, which is why one should consider all these important changes.
Here are some educational research topic ideas you must explore:
- The reasons for increased computer literacy among early childhood learners.
- The role of video games in studying.
- Male vs Female role models in early childhood period.
- The role of books in print for preschool children.
- The benefits of scouting in a modern world.
- The stuttering phenomenon as a reflection of domestic violence.
- Negative perception of children that come from single households.
- The signs of emotional disturbance and mood swings among early childhood learners.
- Autism and special education methods.
- The perception of ADHD learners and computer-aided education.
Elementary Education Research Paper Topics
Elementary education is becoming even more popular these days as we are dealing with home-schooling, child athletes, and those families who choose to travel all over the world and study basic subjects on the fly. Therefore, choosing your research topic in education, you must consider all the innovations that have taken place lately. It will also help you to choose something unique that stands out. Moreover, you will be able to find relevant sources to support your ideas or even include certain case studies to make your writing even better.
- The Montessori schools and the presence of basic life skills.
- Home-schooling and parental involvement.
- Cooperation with peers during elementary school years.
- The model of British education and gender inequality.
- Male teachers vs female teachers in STEM subjects.
- The elementary school role models in 2021.
- The mood swings and child aggression causes.
- The role of drama (theater and arts) in elementary schools.
- How can oral reading skills help to improve communication skills?
- The link between child dishonesty and plagiarism.
- The parental involvement in homework issues.
- The role of PE lessons in modern schools.
- The pros and cons of sexual education in elementary schools.
- Should elementary school children be taught about politics?
- Teaching children the first aid rules is essential.
Educational Research Topics For College Students
College students may face the necessity to write an assignment on education even when they are not majoring in it. While these topics are usually complex for research, you can always narrow things down and focus on those aspects that you know well. For example, if you are majoring in Law, you may focus on the legal consequences of plagiarism. Likewise, nursing students can talk about college stress and obesity.
- The social isolation of international exchange college students.
- The legal consequences of plagiarism.
- The pros and cons of college parties.
- In-state vs out-of-state tuition plans.
- Working and studying in college at the same time.
- Why college internships must be considered.
- College scholarships that are not based on education merits.
- The morality of university fraternities and sororities.
- The role of academic advisors for future career development.
- Writing tasks and interactive assignments during Covid-19 times.
Research Paper Topics For Education Majors
While it may seem that majoring in education will make things easier for such students, it is far from the truth. Such learners always know more and tend to research the most complex challenges. If you find it too difficult, you can turn to professionals that write research papers for money and access some topics that might keep you covered in addition to proofreading and editing. As a rule, you can start with these ideas below and proceed from there:
- The role of teachers in virtual classrooms and online learning environments.
- The reasons why Skype lessons are often not efficient for children.
- The religious schools and interaction beyond the usual environment.
- Social skills and after-school learning activities.
- Education and life quality in the rural areas of the United States.
- The risks of accessing too much information in middle school.
- The pros and cons of inclusive classes.
- School food and child development.
- Music therapy for children with ADHD.
- Personal beliefs of teachers vs curriculum rules.
Special Education Research Paper Topics
Special education represents one of the most complex fields for college learners and even those students majoring in Education or Psychology. As a rule, these topics require additional knowledge of nursing or healthcare-based information. Special education teachers also provide basic medical help and report any warning signs immediately. Therefore, choosing your research topic, you can consider anything from Autism to PTSD cases among children living in abusive environments. Since it all relates to special education, you can start with these ten topics below:
- Should Autism be considered an illness?
- Education and the child abuse survivors.
- The use of computers and AI tools in the special education classroom.
- The cognitive skills of ADHD children.
- Dyslexia and school bullying.
- The isolation of children placed in special education classes.
- Is letting children with disabilities study in the normal class acceptable?
- The single parents and children with disabilities.
- The use of scouting as the way to improve the self-esteem of special studying students.
- The best methods of motivation of students in the special education environments.
- The use of Minecraft with autistic children.
- Cognitive training of children with cerebral palsy.
- Socialization during remote studying times.
- Team projects and mentally-locked children.
- Summer camp organization for children with mental disabilities.
Remember that these are only the basic points that you must consider as you look for educational research topics. Use them for inspirational purposes, look up things online, change the wording according to your course, and always choose something that inspires you!
Education is Created Today
Even if you have been looking for a cheap research paper writing service or just had a look through these education research topics for inspiration, remember that education is created today and it is your contribution that matters. Majoring in education or dealing with such topics in a different field of study, you must always do your best to explore and analyze existing information. After all, learning is a constant advancement, which is why you must seek those challenging topics and find the most efficient solutions.
Order your paper now!
- Marketing Research Paper Topics
- List of 78 Top Cyber Security Topics for Research
- 50+ Best Topics for Research in Computer Science
- 50+ Best Astronomy Research Topics You Can Write About
- 50+ Inspiring Animal Research Topics
Top 130 Education Research Topics and Ideas for Students
Table of Contents
Top Education Research Topics
Are you searching for the latest education research topics? Do you want to present an outstanding research proposal on education topics? If yes, then continue reading this blog post.
We all know education is the basis for all professions. As far as education is concerned, a lot of things are happening across the globe. Each country follows a unique education system, and they work rigorously for the betterment of the system. In order to raise the standards of the education system, a lot of research activities are being conducted.
If you are pursuing a graduate course in education or doing your Ph.D. in education, then you will have to complete a thesis on one of the best education research topics. In the field of education, finding the right topic for research is a daunting task. So, to help you, here in this blog post, we have shared the important tips on how to select the right topic for education research along with a list of great education research topics as well as the complete dissertation help in masters for all academic students.
Tips For Selecting The Right Education Research Topic
Choosing the right topic is the first step in the research paper writing process. If you are about to start working on educational research, then consider the following tips for selecting the topic.
- New changes are frequently happening in the education system, and hence you can go with any research topic on the latest education trends.
- When you don’t have good ideas, you can check for real examples like teaching methodologies and the learning practices followed in the education system and then pick a topic suitable for research.
- Reading books or any literature about education will help you to find an exciting education research topic.
- Don’t focus only on a research topic that is related to your national education system. Cross the limit and check for the international education systems and the approaches used by each country for the development of their education system.
By trying out the above-suggested tips, you can easily spot an ideal topic for your research. Also, make sure to be creative when selecting education research topics.
Top Education Research Topic Ideas
To save your time and to make your topic searching process easier, here we have listed the top education research topic ideas for you to consider.
Go through the list and pick a topic that suits your interest.
Educational Research Topics on Child Development
- Does daycare help kids develop properly?
- How does the play-way method help the kids to learn?
- The best learning methods for kids
- Why should parents teach core life skills to their children?
- Are our Montessori-trained teachers more equipped to handle pre-school children than those with conventional preschool or nursery-related training?
- The role of genes in child development
- How does living in a community affect child development?
- How does stress affect a child’s wellbeing?
- Is neglecting and ignoring your child worse than physical punishment?
- What care should be provided for traumatized children?
- How soon should mothers end their maternity leave?
- Family factors that shape a child’s behavior.
- Child development & mother’s mental illness
- Child development in low-income families
- How does violence in movies and games affect child development?
Child Development Educational Research Topics
- Does verbal abuse have the same effect on a child as physical punishment?
- Postpartum depression & child development
- How does the process of building neural connections change with time?
- What does single parenting mean for the development of a child?
- What effect does divorce cause in child development?
- Can a child develop normally without a father’s love?
- How do emotional health and social skills affect a child’s future career?
- Toxic stress & child development
- Why is it essential to respond to the child’s interaction actions?
- Can food supplements help to develop a child’s cognitive abilities?
- How does cognitive development can help in the stages of the child development?
- How to develop the speech as well as language of the child?
- How to implement the better environment in the early childhood education?
- How can divorce impact on child growth?
- How social interaction helps in the learning of a child?
Also, Read – Child Development Research Topics for you to Consider
Special Education Research Topics
- How does education help in the development of a child?
- Art of educating children with autism and similar disorders.
- How to educate children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
- Learning methods for visually challenged children.
- How to raise and educate deaf children?
- How do children benefit from bilingual education?
- Karaoke as a way to help children with learning disorders
- Responsive relationships and child development.
- Music therapy for children on the autism spectrum
- How to develop self-determination in children with disabilities?
- How does grade retention affect children with learning disabilities?
- Zero-tolerance policy & students with special needs
- Early detection & learning disabilities
- Co-teaching & special education
Amazing Education Research Topics
- Technology integration for children with learning disabilities
- How effective is the Reading Recovery program?
- Should twice-exceptional students still get a special education approach?
- Why should students with learning disabilities be included in the Adequate Yearly Progress evaluation?
- The results of inclusive classes.
- Special education & trauma-informed learning
- Homeschooling children with learning disorders
- What are the causes of disproportionality in special education?
- How to prevent special education teachers from burnout?
- Student-led planning to promote independence in special education
- Assessing the students with learning problems
- How to implement educational leadership for the needs of the children?
- What is the early childhood political as well as pedagogical landscape?
- What is the literacy development of the preschoolers?
- Is sexual education really necessary?
Captivating Education Research Topics on College Education
- Is college education losing its value?
- Are college graduates really able to make more money?
- College students life: Participation, Perceptions, and Satisfaction
- Do common core state standards succeed in preparing students for college?
- Is the whole brain teaching method effective for college students?
- Education: Financial aid for college students
- Arguments for and against college education
- The college entrance exams in the US and China: the competitiveness
- Social Networking and College
- Is there value of the college education?
- Information overload: the bane of the modern world. How can we help the students to deal with it?
- The history of the greatest universities in world?
- Shall development of the personal morals be the part of the school education?
- The bias towards ethnic minorities in American Universities.
- Joining All Black college as a white student.
Interesting Education Research Paper Topics
- How can psychology help to improve education?
- The effects of blended learning
- How can teachers and students work together to improve education?
- Not all students prefer the same learning style.
- How to choose the best learning as a trainer?
- Why should education teach more about health?
- Is online learning good or bad?
- Pros and Cons of Residential Schools
- How to create a good sex education program?
- Gamification in education
- Career counseling for high school students
- Should modern students need more collaborative learning?
- Why is the flipped classroom method becoming popular?
- How teachers and parents should develop discipline in students?
- Why are kids losing faith in education?
Great Education Research Paper Topics
- How does bullying affect the education performance of the students?
- Consequences of academic dishonesty.
- Is it possible to set a global education standard?
- Should school uniforms be maintained in schools or should they be abandoned?
- Practical versus theoretical education
- Why does critical thinking matter to the students?
- The history and evolution of education
- The basic education standards of different countries
- The benefits of private schools.
- What role does technology play in lesson planning?
- Does the offering of courses on food technology improve healthy lifestyle and eating?
- Standardized testing as a fair judging system.
- Single-sex education vs. mixed-sex education.
- Should participation in sports be made compulsory for students in public schools?
- Is teaching today considered to be just a job rather than a career option or a vocation or calling for individuals?
Latest Education Research Topics
- Is online learning the future of education?
- Why is computer literacy so much higher today?
- Can we use digitalization to improve education?
- The influence of social networking on the performance of schools nowadays.
- Advantages of virtual classrooms
- Should the schools be segregated by race and do the benefits of such a scheme far outweigh the disadvantages?
- Are teachers adequately equipped to train the youth of today?
- Are teachers today less dedicated than teachers two or three decades ago?
- How modern technology affects education today and in the future
- What is the current cost of education in relation to available resources?
Topics for Action Research in Education
- Should teachers in special education be compensated more?
- The reason why standardised tests are no longer fair.
- Private School vs. Homeschooling
- Why are boarding schools still popular in the United Kingdom and Australia?
- The benefits and drawbacks of learning English at a summer school in the United Kingdom.
- Homework vs. no homework learning strategies
- The advantages and disadvantages of single-gender classes.
- In modern education, how far should parental involvement go?
- Belgium’s bilingual education system.
- The anxiety that comes with religious education in elementary schools.
- Should teachers act as unpaid parent figures for their students?
- Discussing the use of prohibited substances and the dangers associated with them in school.
- The advantages of after-class activities: a case study of Chiro in Belgium
- The significance of younger children’s cross-class interactions with the
- The reasons for early childhood learners’ increased computer literacy.
The Bottom Line
Identifying the education research topic is usually a time-consuming and difficult process. So, from the list of the top education research paper topic ideas suggested in this blog post, you can pick an interesting idea of your choice.
If you are still confused on what education research topic to select and how to write a brilliant education research paper, then call us and get quick assistance. We have hundreds of well-experienced professional writers in the field of education to assist you in research paper topic selection and research paper writing service as per your requirements. Trust us, we are well-known for offering a high-quality, innovative education research paper that will help you to score top grades and stand unique in the crowd.
150 Outstanding Big Data Research Topics for Every Student to Explore
198 Captivating Social Issues Topics for Essay or Research Paper
146 Best Geology Research Topics for Academic Writing
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
Top 140 Bioethics Topics To Consider For Writing a Research Paper
160 excellent business essay topics and ideas to focus on, how to write a reflective essay, different types of essay formats- mla, apa, and chicago, apa vs. mla: learn the major differences between the citation styles, top 152 cybercrime research topics for students to consider, an understanding of the language features and structural features, 150+ fabulous criminology dissertation ideas for you to consider, 153 fantastic narrative essay topics for you to explore and consider, 100 motivational quotes for students to succeed in academic life, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
- A Research Guide
- Research Paper Topics
40 Great Education Research Paper Topics
Studying how to study is always a tricky thing. But it’s also a vast field for suggesting something new and revolutionary. Psychology and pedagogical studies go further and deeper, we understand more about human nature and their drive to learn literally every year. Writing an education research paper is your great opportunity to make innovations that will forever remain in history. Or just provide some useful tips for your college group, which is no less great.
You may also find agencies which employ the best experts at writing a research paper.
To write a great paper, you should thoroughly choose your education research topics and a paper writer . Classical programs are considered solid and unshakable, but transferring them to the world of current technologies and possibilities can look as fascinating and fresh as replaying “Romeo and Juliet” in the modern setting.
Another good thing to do is to define your approach. Education can have lots of sides: someone wants their pupils to solve complicated problems and reach success as skilled specialists, others put mindfulness and happiness as their primary goal, another education program may simply teach students to learn by themselves and to surf through the evergrowing ocean of information.
You may get stuck between the controversial models. It is also natural. Not all approaches of studying can be combined: actually, some of them were made as mutually exclusive on purpose. We are sure you will figure it out just setting your own main goal of education and then finding, combining and changing the existing ways to reach it to get the best one.
Still wondering “what to do to write my research paper” and where to begin? Have a look at the sample topics about education we chose for you. They may give you the inspiration to search for more and make your education research paper a truly great one.
Learn more: What is a research paper and how to write it?
List of 40 Hot Topics in Education
- The development of critical thinking as the primary goal of the educational process
- The evolution of approaches to education throughout history
- Education and modern technologies, their positive and negative impact
- Virtual reality worlds and education. Virtual classes and research rooms
- The overview of the main modern approaches to education
- Sex education: pros and cons
- Education and gender: same-sex school and their comparison to the mixed-sex ones
- Theoretical education vs practical education
- The phenomenon of apprenticeship and its role in developing systems of education
- What is considered basic education in different countries and why?
- Preschool education: knowledge or social skills?
- Shall the development of emotional intelligence be one of the goals of modern education?
- Educational discrimination and its impact on the future of the pupils
- Education and socialization of mentally challenged people. Similarities and differences.
- Inclusive classes: how do pupils in such classes perform in comparison with non-inclusive ones?
- Bell Curve controversy. How should grades be calculated?
- Do we still need grades in the modern educational system?
- Education and motivation:how to make pupils interested how to make pupils interested
- How can modern education be compared with classical school education?
- Bullying and unhealthy psychological atmosphere in class. Its impact on the quality of education
- Shall parents be involved in the educational process?
- Does education ever stop or it continues during the entire life?
- Censorship and education. Shall we protect the students or guide them through everything they want to know?
- Dress code and school rules. Are some of them outdated?
- The role of discipline in education and its impact on the process of learning
- Information overload:the bane of the modern world. How can we help the students to deal with it?
- Summaries, audiobooks, and online problem solvers. Can the classical educational system endure this?
- The authority of the teacher and its role in the educational process.
- What qualities are essential for a modern teacher
- Education and religion. Religious needs of the students. What if religion forbids some aspects of the study?
- The Internet: the huge library and a very unsafe place. How to help students use it safely for educational purposes?
- Standardized testing: a conventional way of checking the results of education or a new caste system?
- Private education: what shall be in the school to get a license?
- The history of the greatest universities in the world. What makes them so great now?
- Alternative schooling: the main approaches and the results of it
- Shall the development of personal morals be a part of school education?
- Multicultural education. The teacher as a mediator if the cultural clash occurs.
- Shall the teacher only teach? The role of a teacher as a negotiator and moral guide.
- Response to Intervention (RTI): how shall it work?
- School violence, dealing with it and minimizing harm.
Sign Up for your FREE account
Diana from A Research Guide Don't know how to start your paper? Worry no more! Get professional writing assistance from our partner. Click to learn more
200 Best Research Paper Topics for 2023 + Examples
When you enroll in university, you are maybe not even aware of the number of obligations that you might have to face over the course of your studies, and this might make you feel overwhelmed and exhausted especially when it comes to writing and submitting research papers on time. Most students feel highly stressed and anxious about their assignments and exams that most of them feel lost and don’t even know how to choose the most appropriate topic for papers that would suit their writing style as well.
Luckily, our professional research paper writers are here to bring you a list of research paper topics 2023 that might as well be useful, interesting, and thought-provoking, which are the qualities of great writing tasks. If you are having difficulty writing a paper, even with the most competent resources, topics of interest, and earnest efforts to write the very best, then it is time to seek help from the website that writes essays for you .
Table of contents
Easy research paper topics, interesting research topics, controversial topics for research paper, funny research paper topics, argumentative research topics, natural sciences (physics, chemistry, ecology, biology), criminal law and justice, history (world, us, anthropology), medical research topics (dentistry, nursing, psychology).
- Business (marketing, economics, and finance)
Science and Technology (Computer Science, Math, Statistics)
Social sciences (social work, political science, sociology).
- Social Media
- Social issues
Choosing a field of interest.
- Checking Available Material
Making a Research Question
Brainstorming research topic ideas, create a thesis statement, list of best research paper topics 2023.
Having a comprehensive list of topics for research papers might make students think that the most difficult part of work is done. However, research topics still need to do enough research and gather a lot of data and facts from reliable sources in order to complete their research paper. Then again, this can be quite demanding since a lot depends on what kind of paper you yourself want to write. Is it supposed to be a funny one, an interesting one, a controversial one or a simple argumentative essay?
We understand that the research paper writing process piles up, so writers from our custom research paper writing service work hard to provide only the best research paper topics. If you want to succeed in college, you can pay someone to write a research paper to ensure a brilliant future. Knowledge is power, and Paperell is here to help you learn as much as you can so you can bring home A’s and B’s every semester.
- Evolution of anime – what made anime popular worldwide?
- Is diversity a good thing within a team, and why?
- Is traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere?
- What makes one sport more popular than another?
- How would the world be different without the discoveries of Nikola Tesla?
- Why do people change their leisure time activities as they get older?
- What hobbies are the most popular with children and adults in your area?
- Are there hobbies you can do in your own country but not when you travel abroad? Why?
- How to deal with procrastination?
- What stereotypes are related to people from your country, and is there any truth to those?
- Are older people always wiser and correct in their choices and opinions?
- Is it true that technology can cause a gap between generations?
- Are friendships between men different from friendships between women and why?
- Can amusement parks have an educative purpose apart from an entertaining one?
- What other common sayings such as “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” exist in your language?
- What makes people in your country happy?
- What makes some nations happier and more prosperous than others?
- Does beauty, in general, determine how much a person will be successful in life?
- What are some pros and cons related to plastic surgery?
- How to be better at communicating with friends, family, work colleagues, and strangers?
There are some subjects that might trigger different responses from people because most of these subjects are controversial and are prone to raise a series of other issues. Most of these research titles are related to politics, religion, gender roles, as well as human relationships.
- What is the proper punishment for serial killers and rapists?
- What caused two state-of-the-art planes to crash and what can be done to prevent further accidents?
- How to prevent an increase in the number of homeless children?
- What is the future of religion?
- What is the morality in the world of cam girls?
- What is the background of all terrorist attacks in the world?
- What is it like to be transgender nowadays?
- How to deal with a huge wave of immigrants?
- Can police unions prevent corruption?
- What can developed countries do in order to help underdeveloped countries?
- How to stop being a couch potato?
- Why did we start celebrating Halloween Day?
- What are some positive sides of energy drinks and coffee?
- What are some ways to fund a trip around the world?
- Who is the funniest historical figure, and why?
- If you could turn into an animal, which one would you choose to be?
- What makes people mispronounce .gif?
- What comics are funny but educational?
- What is the philosophy behind Assassin’s Creed?
- Why do we talk and act like we are drunk when we become exhausted?
- Do immigrants provide a good or bad impact on a country’s economy?
- Are the virtual world and video games, causing more violence or more antisocial people?
- Why more expensive sports like rowing and tennis should be more accessible to social and ethnic minorities?
- Adoption rights for single parents: why are laws so strict?
- City development: should we keep the grid pattern or move to the new approaches to city planning?
- What makes communism the best political system in the world?
- Did Andy Warhol manage to make high art more accessible to a wider audience?
- How can raising the minimum wage help increase economic mobility?
- Should steroids be allowed in sports?
- What can be done to prevent cyberbullying?
- Is obesity a problem for the American population?
- Should all students have free access to the Internet for education?
- Students should be able to change a college curriculum due to their objectives
- English will be the official language in most countries in a few decades
- Each student should learn at least three foreign languages
- The advertisement industry is all a lie
- Education should be less expensive in order to involve more students
- Steroids should be forbidden
- The attention to sports in the education system is too big
- Diets are not as effective as they are presented to the masses
- Eight hours is a normal duration of sleep for every student
- Risky sports should be forbidden
- Parents shouldn’t allow their children to watch adult films
- Tobacco and its smoking should be forbidden in most the countries
- Government should do more for fighting alcoholism in the US
- Energetic drinks can be more dangerous than usual alcohol drinks
- Filming court proceedings shouldn’t be forbidden in any court
- People should be allowed to start voting at the age of 25
- The usage of animals in research should be forbidden
- Each person who causes environmental pollution should be punished
- The government needs to work more on protection from tornadoes
- Indians that are living in the US are not true representatives of their kind
- Each following financial crisis will be worse than previous
- Acceptance rates it should be much higher than now
- The legalization of gay marriages shows the high level of development in the county
- How to fight corruption more effectively?
- Communism as an ideology and communism in USSR are many different things
- Chats of the web teach children of a bad grammar
- When using modern technologies, people become less intelligent
- The usage of messengers has a bad influence on the culture of communication
- The educational system should use more advantages of modern technologies
- The number of working hours should reduce from time to time
- The government should support social activists in their projects
- Cloning animals and people should be banned
- Modern art is mostly a lie and shouldn’t be called an art even
- The movie can never be better than the book on which it is based
- Song lyrics become worse with every year
- Buying a lottery ticket is a bad idea for those who want to win
- That is the problem that sports competitions take much more attention than scientific events
- The feminist movement becomes a problem for women who don’t join it
- Democracy is not the best ideology for the modern world
- Social media are not as dangerous as they told to be
- Are diaries still popular?
- Are public cameras a problem for privacy?
- Is homeschooling a problem for the socialization of children?
- All subjects should be optional so students can choose other subjects
- This is the problem that modern films are crueler than old films
- Historical films should be based only on facts
- Do artists risk their mental health when playing psychopaths and killers?
- People should read more books
Sample Research Papers
- Argumentative essays examples
Research Topics By Field of Study
Research proposal ideas can be found in many fields of study that allow you to be innovative and do extensive research to put forward new ideas and opinions.
- Why being warm usually makes us feel tired and sleepy?
- What causes visual abnormalities such as special frequency?
- How is it possible that birds flying in bad and cloudy weather conditions don’t get disoriented?
- When gas becomes plasma, what actually happens to molecules?
- Why is skin on a face more sensitive to breakouts and touch than on any other part of the body?
- What are some proofs of period alignment?
- How do allergies to nuts and other fruits happen?
- What chemical processes keep canned drinks mixed together and not separate into their ingredients?
- What steps can be taken in third world countries to prevent ecological catastrophes?
- Why are carbs bad for people who are insulin resistant?
- Biology examples
- Chemistry examples
- Physics examples
- Ecology and Environmental Issues examples
- What have been some of the best decisions of the Supreme Court?
- What have been some of the worst decisions of the Supreme Court?
- What does it mean when jury rules that Bayer must pay in the Monsanto cancer trial?
- How can students protect themselves from giving back students’ loans?
- What can be done to improve family law?
- What countries have the worst legal systems?
- What countries have the best legal systems?
- What are the main flaws of the legal system in the USA?
- How to change abortion laws to pro-choice?
- How corrupted are legal systems in South America?
- Criminal Justice examples
- Criminal Law examples
- Criminology examples
- What is Operation Pastorius?
- Was the Norse religion practice in the Danelaw, and to what extent?
- Why did the Soviet Union want to invade Afghanistan?
- Why did the Germanics abolish their religion?
- What are the most important events in the history of Latin America?
- Who foresaw the encroachment of Nazism?
- What’s the story behind the Yugoslav wars in the 90s?
- How did Greece become such a philosophical hotspot in ancient times?
- How did people study foreign languages before the 19 th century?
- Who profited the most from wars in the Middle Ages?
- History examples
- American History examples
- What improvements in dentistry marked the 21 st century?
- How can implants provide a permanent solution to a lost tooth?
- What nutrition can prevent insulin resistance?
- What are the main symptoms of PCOS and how to deal with them?
- What are the pros and cons of antipsychotics?
- What are the benefits of massage therapy?
- How many treatments to Autism are there?
- What are the potential risks of water birth?
- How can music therapy foster lactation?
- How is ageism impacting mental health and addictions?
- Medicine examples
- Nursing examples
- Psychology examples
Business (Marketing, Economics, and Finance)
- Who are the greatest businessmen in the 21 st century?
- Who are the greatest businesswomen in the 21 st century?
- How has business etiquette changed in the past few years?
- How can the knowledge of culture help in doing business better?
- What are the qualities of team leaders and how to become one?
- Why are stock markets becoming more and more popular?
- What is an all-female working environment like?
- How is Islamic banking system different from interest?
- How does finding gold and diamonds affect the economy?
- How do offshore bank accounts work – the case of Panama papers?
- Business examples
- Marketing examples
- Economics examples
- Finance examples
- What are some great scientific breakthroughs in the 21 st century?
- Why is the first image of a black hole so important?
- What is the significance of the number 0?
- How do fractals have an unlimited perimeter but limited area?
- How to be able to perform rapid mental calculations?
- What is the math behind the NBA Draft lottery?
- What is the fourth dimension?
- What is the difference between parametric and non-parametric statistics?
- How are the concepts of something impossible or random mathematically proven?
- Who are some great mathematicians of the modern age?
- Computer Science examples
- Math examples
- Statistics examples
- What social issues marked the beginning of the 21 st century?
- Is there a difference in how men and women gain power?
- How has the role of a woman in society changed over time?
- Is the study of humanities necessary to develop critical thinking?
- How to prevent child marriages?
- Why has socialism been mostly unsuccessful?
- How does globalization affect politics?
- What is identity politics and how it affects society in general?
- How can child welfare in underdeveloped countries be assured?
- How to make the most out of clinical supervision?
- Political Science examples
- Sociology examples
Other Great Research Paper Topics:
- How are the latest improvements in the automobile industry working on the protection of the environment?
- What makes smartphones so resistant to bugs and viruses compare to computers?
- What is the story behind the Internet of Things?
- Why didn’t vector graphics become mainstream instead of pixels?
- What are some advances in technology related to medicine?
- What are Molten Salt Nuclear Reactors?
- Can everything be solar powered?
- How are old recordings converted to new formats?
- What are the differences between open and closed systems?
- Why do smart our electronic devices get slower over time?
- Technology paper examples
- What do all religions have in common?
- Why are younger generations less religious than older ones?
- How are terrorist attacks in religious buildings affecting religion?
- What are the new beliefs that are becoming popular?
- What are some main differences between Orthodox and Catholic Christians?
- Why did we stop believing in multiple gods?
- What impact do religions have on the perception of the good and the bad?
- Are Abrahamic religions the only ones that punish non-believers?
- Can religion help to change the view of women in Arabic cultures?
- Historically speaking, what has been the impact of religions in wars?
- Religion paper examples
- Are social networks making us lonely and unsociable?
- How to protect children online?
- What are some ways to identify pedophiles on social media?
- Why do people have the need to post everything online?
- How to stop cyber-bullying?
- Can LinkedIn help people find jobs or further education?
- How to make a break from social media?
- Why are younger generations obsessed with the number of followers and likes?
- Is there such a thing as social media addiction?
- Who are world-famous influencers on social media?
- Social media paper examples
- Why do people listen to sad music when they are in a bad mood?
- What music to listen to when you want to relax?
- How has hip-hop culture changed over the years?
- Why is classical music becoming more popular these days?
- What music to listen to in order to foster memorization?
- Why are successful musicians more prone to become drug-abusers?
- Who was Doris Day?
- Why influences the popularity of soundtracks?
- What are some all-time romantic songs?
- What makes some music festivals more popular than others?
- Music paper examples
- What are some successful anti-bullying programs at school?
- Is student-centred learning effective?
- Are there any benefits of taking a year off and what to do during the year?
- What visual aids can be implemented in all classrooms?
- What are some innovations in the USA Education system?
- What is FERPA and what impact does it have on education?
- What encourages students to cheat on exams?
- How to prevent students from plagiarizing their research papers?
- What education system is the best – the USA, Finland or France?
- Education paper examples
- Why do more and more women suffer from PCOS?
- What is insulin resistance and how to fight it?
- What are some ways to encourage obese people to change their habits?
- How can Israeli colon cancer research be a true breakthrough?
- What health problems can be caused by emotional stress?
- Can have too much coffee cause health problems?
- How to lower blood pressure using natural medicines and herbs?
- Is there a link between online bullying and depression?
- Is it appropriate to fine parents for skipping vaccination?
- Are antibiotics becoming useless and obsolete?
- Health paper examples
- How can immigration crises be solved?
- Is there a way to stop the raising of racism?
- Why are there still anti-LGBT communities and?
- How to encourage parents to educate themselves on vaccination?
- Is there a way to stop sex trafficking in underdeveloped countries?
- Is it too late to stop global warming?
- Why are people fighting against abortion?
- Are children becoming over-dependent on technology?
- Which countries are known for media censorship?
- What are the good and bad sides of digital currencies?
- Social Issue paper examples
- Is going vegan one way to protect the environment?
- How can an average person contribute to saving the environment?
- What can schools do to make children be more aware of environmental issues?
- How is global warming affecting wildlife?
- How are pesticides harming bird populations?
- How is plastic ocean pollution harming the oxygen we breathe?
- What eco-friendly products are better than the original ones?
- What catastrophes in history had a bad impact on the environment?
- Can solar technology become more sustainable?
- How to attain land for reverse desertification on a tight budget?
- Environment paper examples
How to Select The Best Research Paper Topic?
Selecting research topics might be a nightmare for all college students since you are expected to write about something new even though nobody expects you to make some groundbreaking discovery, especially not during the early years of your studies. However, there are some tips on how to choose the right topics for research papers that can make the whole process much easier.
Topics for the research paper are not easy to find since there are different fields that have been already exhausted from the beginning of the year, but you can always go for an area of interest. In order to choose great research paper titles and interesting things to research, taking some time and contemplate on what makes you be passionate about a certain subject is a good starting point. This is, after all, of great importance since you won’t be able to commit fully to writing an amazing assignment if you are not so interested in the subject. Once you managed to decide which topic might be of your interest, you should check the available materials you could use to foster your research. You should analyze the available materials carefully in order to make the right choice on which subject you could thoroughly work on and expand it to a whole other level. If you skip this step, you might end up putting yourself under a lot of pressure to meet the due date of the research essay, topics, and research paper submissions. Then again, if you enjoy conducting experiments and your chosen research topic allows you, maybe you could have a survey conducted with the help of your peers and write a paper after analyzing the data.
Topics for research papers might be demanding, but the most challenging part is related to making a research question. This is where you need to think hard about what your work will be focused on and what other people might find thought-provoking. You need to be able to motivate people to read your research essay even though they don’t know much about the subject itself.
Dedicating your time and knowledge as well as skills to finish a paper based on well-done research asks for a lot of self-discipline. However, if you feel stuck at any point looking for research paper ideas, you should ask your peers about research proposal ideas. Sometimes, getting a second or even third opinion can help you brainstorm your research ideas much better. In addition, you can always turn to your mentor who can help you identify an issue or an idea you should work on.
Some students still say that the most difficult stage of writing a research paper for them was to create a thesis statement. Throughout the studies, students have the chance to write a lot of essays on a variety of subjects that are not so closely connected, but they have never had to create a thesis statement. Therefore, most professors encourage students to ask for help in order to have the best possible ground statement for their research proposal topics.
You May Also Be Interested In
Abstract paragraph - a summary of the main ideas of the text; it's not just…
Some people say that history is boring, and a lot find it completely obsolete. However,…
How to Write a Discussion Section One of the final sections of a research report…
Chances are academic writing will not pass you by if you are attending any educational…
Always Ready to Help
Running out of time.
Type to search
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
Top 200+ Ideas For Research Paper Topics 2023
Updated 02 Mar 2023
Some say the most difficult part of writing a text – is to start. But topic selection even precedes this starting point. This activity takes off a lot of time, and sometimes imagination just doesn’t work in your favor. That’s where our list of best research paper topics will come in handy.
We collected the most unhacked and powerful ideas to turn the average piece of writing into a research paper . Discover what is a research paper and how to choose suitable and interesting research topics with our help.
Writing a research topic on your own requires either producing one from scratch (based on your interests and goals and potentially, on some brainstorming) or getting inspiration from a number of sources, like preassembled topic lists, course material, teachers, real life, news headlines, published research in the respective field, etc.
What are the 3 Types of Research Questions?
Before formulating your research questions ideas, note that there are 3 important types of research questions:
- descriptive – these employ careful and comprehensive observation of a phenomenon/ event, subject, trait, etc. in order to characterize it in detail and to potentially reveal important/ interesting/ undescribed aspects or patterns.
- causal – these investigate whether altering some variables leads to changes in other variables suggesting a causal relationship.
- comparative – these look into similarities and differences between two or more entities
What is a Good Research Paper Topic?
Features that tend to characterize good research questions are as follows:
- specific and concrete – investigation goals and (expected results) have to be clear and focused
- original – investigating aspects/ entities/ relationships that have not been researched before
- highly important/ impactful for community/ society/ a professional field.
- highly relevant for potential readers/ reviewers
- trending – emerging disciplines/ topics spark more interest due to their novelty and yet unexplored potential
College Research Paper Topics
- The bias in the selection of the college internships and scholarships
- The problems of reverse discrimination in post-college employment
- Should multicultural education concepts be implemented at a greater depth?
- The drug and alcohol abuse on college campuses
- Does social media help students to find appropriate information and learn?
- The psychological disorders and the support groups in modern colleges
- Should people with ADHD and Autism be separated from the other students?
- The art of college political campaigns
- Pros and cons of religious colleges
- Should college athletes be paid and provided with additional advantages?
Essay Examples Relevant to College
- College Education
- College Life
- College Students
- Paying College Athletes
Health Research Paper Topics
- The challenges of deafness and communication difficulties among special needs students
- The concept of global health security
- The ways to decrease household air pollution
- How the information about infectious diseases is distributed online
- Should people be allowed to know more about climate change issues?
- The privacy factor and the personal health issues
- The role of fitness ads in exercising practices
- The healthy food standards are not always unbiased
- The role of social media in the medical care system
- The psychological aspect in the perception of allergies
Essay Examples Relevant to Health
- Public Health
- Physical Exercise
- Infectious Disease
Research Paper Topics on Medicine
- Is life-sustaining therapy needed when it’s futile?
- The role of placebo treatment
- How to avoid animal testing?
- Pros and contras of medical marijuana
- Is being a vegetarian useful for child’s health?
- How obesity affects our health?
- Vaccines for kids: their usefulness or damage
- Should prescription drugs be advertised directly to consumers?
- Do doctors turn their patients into drug addicts?
Essay Examples Relevant to Medicine
- Animal Testing
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive writing sample crafted to your needs.
Education Research Paper Topics
- How can standardized tests improve education?
- Does college graduates make more money?
- Should education be cheaper?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children
- Social networking and school
- Metal detectors at schools
- The effects of contemporary teaching methods
- The role of technology in lesson planning
- How to manage bullies and take actions against bullying at education institutions?
Essay Examples Relevant to Education
- Standardized Testing
- Special Education
- Technology in Education
Read also: 150+ Best Sociology Research Topics
Environmental Research Paper Topics
- How to reduce global warming?
- How to stop wasting paper and save trees?
- Can overpopulation be managed?
- Should more films about environmental issues be produced?
- Human impacts on forests
- Underground effects of earthquakes
- How to elaborate the optimal adaptation of buildings threatened by hurricanes?
- Is it possible to predict hurricane impacts?
- Is nuclear power safe for humans?
- How dangerous is GMO food?
Essay Examples Relevant to Environmental Research Paper Topics
- Nuclear Power
- Genetic Modification
Research Topics on Entertainment and Sport
- Are social networks good for our society?
- Do violent video games make kids angry and cruel?
- Is it necessary to forbid using animals for entertainment?
- Do beauty contests set the non-achievable beauty standards?
- Are newspapers going to be replaced by online sources of information?
- How gaming consoles influence the youth?
- Should women be allowed to compete against men?
- What television programs should be banned?
- How tv shows impose fake moral standards?
- Can the use of social media, such as Facebook, lower teens’ self-esteem?
Essay Examples Relevant to Entertainment and Sport
- Pop Culture
- Social Media
- Violence in Video Games
- Impact of Technology
Research Paper Topics on Media and Communication
- Should the media programming of ads aimed at children be made illegal?
- The role of mediation in the media
- Should bloggers be considered as journalists?
- The ethical side of modern news reports
- The freedom of speech online
- The copyright law restrictions and the vague concepts
- The importance of psychology and communicative skills in journalism
- The role of gender in interpersonal communication
- The modern standards of nonverbal communication
- The negative influence of Instagram and body image distortion
Essay Examples Relevant to Media and Communication
- Role of Media
- Effects of Social Media
Research Paper Topics on Politics
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
- Should adults have the right to carry a concealed handgun?
- More gun control laws should be enacted
- How can the international community prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons?
- How can ethnic killings be stopped?
- Current prospect for peace between Israel and the Palestinians
- What world would be like without wars?
- How to avoid workforce reduction?
- Should the death penalty be allowed?
- Is socialism possible?
Essay Examples Relevant to Politics
- Gun Control
- Death Penalty
- Political Systems & Ideologies
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Is autism a disease or a development idiosyncrasy?
- How to forecast and shape behavioral patterns?
- How to manage child violence?
- How to deal with a mental breakdown?
- The impact of classical music on the work of the brain
- How insomnia affects our health?
- How bad dreams influence our mood?
- Is stress really harmful?
- How depression impacts the immune system?
- Intellectually gifted people: how is it possible?
Essay Examples Relevant to Psychology
- Youth Violence
Science & Technology Research Paper Ideas
- How is light being used to treat cancer and other diseases?
- What is the current evidence that Mars has had water and maybe life?
- Can nanomedicine potentially extend the human lifespan?
- What is the future of computing and artificial intelligence?
- The role cryogenics may play in future
- Can alternative energy effectively replace fossil fuels?
- Is it beneficial for wild animals to have interactions with people?
- What evidence do we have that CMB is the result of the big bang?
- How will self-driving cars change the way people live?
- Can using system like bitcoin help protect identity theft?
Essay Examples Relevant to Science & Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Identity Theft
Research Topics Ideas on Culture
- A new comprehension of past events
- The origin of racial discrimination
- The roots of antisemitism
- The impact of advertisements and commercials on modern art
- The most remarkable cultural achievements of the 20th century and their influence on our society
- Cultural revolutions throughout history
- How pop culture trends influence youth?
- Should pregnant celebrities be exposed on magazine’s covers?
- Why was Greek cultural influence so important for the ancient Mediterranean world?
- Why was the Victorian period a time of cultural change?
Essay Examples Relevant to Culture
- Western Culture
Research Paper Topics on Math
- The influence of algorithms
- Is it possible to build a winning monopoly strategy?
- Why is 'x' the unknown?
- How math changed the world?
- What's the solution to the McDonald's math problem?
- How do math geniuses understand extremely hard math concepts so quickly?
- Should high school math contests be banned?
- What is the relationship between music and math?
- Are math formulas ever used in real life?
- What are some of the most confusing math problems ever?
Essay Examples Relevant to Math
- Mathematics in Everyday Life
Research Paper Topics on Business
- How do dirty business tactics work?
- Can business be started without money?
- Notorious business leaders
- Entrepreneurship and family business
- Ethical decision making in everyday work situations
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- Is it worth it to expand the business into a new region or country?
- How to build a successful startup
- The role of international business and sustainable development
- The impact of climate change on international business strategies
Essay Examples Relevant to Business
- Business Analysis
- Decision Making
- International Business
Research Paper Topics For Middle School
- Is going vegan the healthiest choice for you?
- Is the greenhouse effect artificial or natural?
- The causes, effects, and consequences of earthquakes
- How much computer games can one play without getting addicted
- Princess Diana and her dynasty
- Why is competition so critical for humans?
- How did poetry evolve?
- Methods used by ancient sailors to navigate the globe
- Gender roles in children’s books and cartoons
- Who is the greatest general who has lived on the planet?
Essay Examples Relevant to Middle School
- Studying at School
- Middle School
High School Research Paper Ideas
- The ways to address drug addiction cases in high school
- The physical vs digital communications
- The body image and the K-Pop culture
- The importance of school volunteering and social work
- The changes to the academic process due to Covid-19
- The legacy of the Trail of Tears
- The role of motivation in becoming a better student
- The role of books in print and the libraries
- The ways to improve school safety
- The role of parental involvement in school work
Essay Examples Relevant to High School
- High School
- Drug Addiction
- Digital Communication
- Academic Achievements
History Research Paper Topics
- What were the impacts of World War II on the rights of women?
- What factors initiated the WWII
- Is liberalism the most optimal solution?
- What were the consequences of women suffrage movements
- What was the impact of Martin Luther King’s protest against the Catholic church
- What is the most effective military strategy of all time
- How has Asian art influenced contemporary art
- How have different monetary systems affected the development of humanity
- What is the correlation between the Roman and Greek culture?
- Aztec empire and its architecture
Essay Examples Relevant to History
- Martin Luther King
- Women's Suffrage Movement
- Roman Empire
Art Research Paper Ideas
- The reasons why digital museums must be present and made available
- The peculiarities of the Flemish artists
- Should Japanese anime be considered as a separate art form?
- The role of Photoshop and similar digital solutions in the perception of modern art
- The history of photography and the artistic expression forms
- The challenges of the modern artists during social distancing times
- The Middle Eastern perception of color and the light
- Ancient Rome's role in the creation of the sculptures
- Should the artists be allowed to represent their works in public parks?
- The importance of art education in middle schools
Essay Examples Relevant to Art
- Contemporary Art
- Visual Arts
Literature Research Paper Topics
- The American dream literature
- How does harry potter reflects the ideal of the time
- Can you show a new aspect of prose based on the independent investigation
- The prose of women suffrage movements
- The dawn of literature on modern society
- Why do authors use metaphors and similes
- Evaluate and discuss the allegory of 2 random novels
- What factors are helpful in allowing you to identify the genre of a novel you are reading
- Is fanfiction considered an independent literature
- Romance and sex in Renaissance
- Fiction as an instrument of propaganda
Essay Examples Relevant to Literature
- American Dream
Law Research Paper Topics
- How is the Islamic law perceived around the globe
- Is ECOLEX a pathway to environmental law
- Why is it critical to learn the GATT documents?
- What does the European patent office do?
- Mass communication law
- Impact of women’s authority in different countries on the planet
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the international criminal law court tools
- Detailed analysis and report of the comparative criminal procedure
- Exciting outtakes from the inter-American human rights library
- Does the US copyright office really help writers defend their businesses?
Essay Examples Relevant to Law
- American Laws
- Criminal Justice
- American Criminal Justice System
Religion Research Paper Topics
- The depiction of bisexuality in the Bible
- Christianity and economics
- Modernism and religion
- Religion and sex
- Pastrol and religious counseling
- Intelligent design
- Church and social action
- How do teenagers perceive religion
- Women and religion
Essay Examples Relevant to Religion
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Should education be made free for everyone?
- The influencers and bloggers cannot be considered as a job
- The role of military service is the way towards maturity
- Should Internet access be limited during college lectures?
- The death penalty service is not an ethical solution
- Fashion industry creates a bad influence on young people
- The Fairplay concept should be rewarded financially
- Should tobacco be made illegal indoors?
- Religious differences often become the cause of wars
- The majority of mobile applications represent the invasion of privacy
Essay Examples Relevant to Argumentative Research Paper Topics
These are the 200+ topics on various subjects, which you might find useful when creating your own. In case you need help aside from creating topics, you can also order the original research on Politics, Media & Communication, Math, Law, and even Nursing papers for sale on Edubirdie.
How to Choose a Good Research Paper Topic?
While it may seem challenging to come up with a good research paper topic as you try your best to narrow things down, the trick is to choose something that influences you because you know it well and can support your arguments with relevant evidence. The subject should be well-structured and relevant to your thesis statement. Always take time to research the list of sources to compose your topic sentences as well to make them relate to your thesis part. It’s always best to check a good research paper introduction example before you start working on the paper and choosing your topic. Here are the steps to consider:
- Start With Observing Your Interests.
If you are confused with a variety of interesting topics for writing a creative essay, it’s better to decide what interests you the most. Don’t stick to easy research paper topics just to complete the task fast. If you are allowed to freely choose what to write an essay about, use the opportunity to create something unique. Write down the list of your interests and break down every idea into small certain topics. When you have a list in front of your eyes, it will be easier to make up your mind and start considering a particular issue.
Then you should examine what aspect of the topic is preferable for you to outline in your research paper . A list will save you here again. Use pros/cons template to include all the arguments and objections to the issues.
- Come Up With an Argumentative Research Question.
The most challenging part of choosing a competitive research paper topic is finding an aspect that poses some importance for your course and the subject per se. While it may seem that it is sufficient to make a general statement, your argumentation should include a clear research question. Consider asking yourself why you have chosen a particular topic and how your research will make it clearer or provide innovative solutions.
- Study Available Research Topic Ideas.
Since we have already mentioned the dangers of choosing something too broad, it is vital to narrow things down and brainstorm the list of possible research paper ideas that deal with the same subject. In other words, you can write down at least five different subjects and see whether you can find sufficient information to support them with the sources or statistical data. Remember the importance of your topic’s wording!
- Compose Strong Thesis Statement.
It must be done at the same time as you choose your research paper topic because these two concepts must be interconnected. Your subject must reflect your main idea of the thesis statement. Make sure that you have the list of sources prepared in advance to incorporate relevant information in your body paragraphs. As always, they must be the supporting evidence for your thesis statement’s idea and the research purpose.
Get 100+ more unique topics for your paper!
Was this helpful, thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, learn how to write an introduction for a research paper.
Though introduction to any writing is frequently associated with beginning, it's not that simple for an introduction to a research paper. Here you ...
170+ Fascinating Biology Research Topics for Students in 2023
Table of contents A List of Researchable Topics for Biology Abortion, Human cloning, Genetic Researches Biology Topics Behaviour and ...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
200 Best Ideas for Research Paper Topics in 2023
The discussion you have started should be provoking and intriguing. If your statement is unique and interesting, you will definitely get a high grade and respect from your professors.
Writing a research paper may seem challenging, even though it is a substantial part of everyday student life. You are required to write at least one research paper in a semester for the majority of your subjects.
Do not underestimate research projects. They will demand a lot of time and effort from you. At the same time, do not let your research paper give you anxiety or hurt your overall studies.
To minimize worries and stress while working on the research paper, you must be confident in your topic. There are times when you are assigned the topic, but more frequently, you will have to create one yourself.
The discussion you start should be thought-provoking and intriguing. If your content is unique and interesting, you will definitely get a high grade and respect from your professors.
Submit instructions, choose a writer, and pay only if satisfied.
How to Select the Best Research Paper Topic?
When choosing your research paper topic, you need to make sure it is neither boring nor overdone. An interesting and innovative topic will intrigue your readers and motivate them to read the entire piece. But if you don’t know how to create a topic on your own, use the help of our editors.
Here are some things to consider when selecting an appropriate topic:
The Field Of Your Interest
It’s no secret that you will not be able to write a good insightful research paper if you are not interested in the subject overall, or in the topic in general. On the other hand, if the topic is linked to the field of your interest, you can consider yourself lucky.
Passion and interest in a topic will make it easier to explore the theme and write about it. If you enjoy science, you should be able to talk non-stop about it. The same goes for writing about it.
A Topic Should Be Clear
You need to be sure to understand everything clearly when you choose an essay topic . Do not hesitate to ask questions if there are some unclear points. The more you understand, the simpler it is for you to write a successful research paper. You need to show the readers that you’re a master of the topic and not a confused newbie who does not know what you’re talking about.
Be Precise And Specific
You need to completely understand that you are not writing a descriptive essay. A research paper is an accurate and thorough work, which is based on facts. You cannot waterdown your text. Your statement should be supported with examples or references to other reputable research and academic work.
How innovative can you be when discussing The French Revolution or Pearl Harbor? However, an innovative approach can give you the edge among other students. A topic should address the matter from a different and surprising perspective. With a deep investigation, you may even find the little known facts that can blow your readers’ minds. This approach will intrigue your readers and will make you research paper stand out..
Visit Edusson Samples to brainstorm possible research paper topics and find relevant paper examples. It is 1000+ papers database. Besides samples, you can find excellent writing tools such as Plagiarism Checker, Title Page Maker and many more.
Ideas for Research Paper Topics
Without a good topic, writing a research paper can be a student’s worst nightmare. So, how do you come up with one? There are dozens of ways to brainstorm, such as discussing with classmates, reading topic prompts, sample papers, magazines, journals, blogs, or books.
Research Paper Topic by Category
Here are some examples of topics you may choose:
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
You have to present facts to demonstrate a clear understanding of the topic. Your introduction and concluding paragraph must be equally strong. Take a look at the following argumentative research topics examples:
- Are athletes good role models?
- Is the minimum wage too high?
- Homelessness: Who is to blame?
- Do we need shorter working weeks?
- What is the ideal age of consuming alcohol?
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
As a speaker or writer, it is your responsibility to persuade the reader about an issue. Persuasive writing, therefore, should move people and shake their emotions. If, for example, you want to convince people coffee is good for their bodies, then you must do it artistically, and convincingly.
Take a look at these examples of persuasive research topics:
- Using animals to conduct research experiments is wrong.
- Parents should monitor the websites their children visit.
- Domestic gender violence is on the rise.
- Children’s exposure to media: Do parental controls work?
- There are many cybercrimes today, and they are going to increase.
- America should adopt a policy of non-involvement in global conflicts.
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
There are people who like to court controversy whenever they say or do something, more so in public. A good example here is an activist. Whether it is advocacy for gay rights or same-sex marriage, writing on issues like these can be painstakingly difficult. So, you need a strong topic right from the beginning. Controversial topics for a research paper like the following will most certainly get you moving in the right direction:
- Gay partners and child adoption.
- Surrogate mothers and societal worldview.
- Violence in media content.
- STEM subjects should be mandatory.
- Sex education in middle school.
- Should homework be abolished?
Are you having a hard time looking for a comprehensive research paper topic? Try to find the best one by using our topic generation tool.
Best Research Paper Topics 2023
Maybe you have picked a research topic from the above categories for your paper. However, a good college student knows you need a plan B. So here are some other great topics.
- Is college education in line with the job market?
- Should colleges be faith-based institutions?
- Should universities have special accommodation facilities for the disabled?
- How has the institution of marriage changed in the postmodern world?
- Is there a difference between a man and a woman’s heart?
- What are the possible health benefits of childbearing and parenting?
- Exploring unfair child labor in the workplace.
- The significance of ethics to business and how to control bad behavior.
- How is cross-border BPO affecting the gross domestic product in your country?
- Which companies will make it to the top 5 best in the next decade?
- Terrorism and how it affects businesses.
- Are universities becoming business-driven?
- Causes of data rape and how to prevent it.
- Should licensed gun holders be allowed to carry their weapons to school?
- Ex-convicts and job searching. Is it difficult finding employment?
- Should colleges pay student-athletes and how should they do it?
- What should be the basis of workplace promotion: seniority, degree, or performance evaluation?
- The significance of search engine optimization on businesses today.
- Should women be allowed into extreme sports?
- Is feminism changing American society?
Research Paper Topics By Level of Education
Notably, topic difficulty or complexity varies with the level of education. A graduate student will write a high school essay with great ease, while the reverse will result in a lot of difficulties on the part of the student.
In this post, we also help you choose topics based on your academic level, while keeping in mind that research paper writing lends credence to student performance.
High School Research Paper Topics
If you are a student in high school, here is a list of topics that you may consider:
- Should the government legalize the use of smartphones in high school classrooms?
- Leadership training in high school.
- Are secondary schools doing enough in harnessing the debating skills of students?
- Explore Plato’s philosophy of mathematics.
College Research Paper Topics
Next, here are some college research paper topics to choose from. They include the following:
- Explore the design and construction of thermal plants around the globe.
- Analyze how the free software movement is positively transforming the world.
- Analyze cognitive development in children.
- How does the government assess the health care needs of communities?
- Pre-election and the effects on voter conduct.
- Discuss how to plan for college tuition.
- How does menstruation affect young girls?
- Substance abuse among college students and its effects on their performance and behavior.
- What brings about societal stereotypes?
- Factual evidence that AIDS originated from monkeys.
Research Paper Topics By Subject
Another way of choosing the best research paper topic is based on the subject, whether you are a college or high school student. Whether it is on biology, physics, science, literature, history, or psychology, this approach works at all levels of education.
Research Paper Topics on Technology
- Cybersecurity: Can we really be safe?
- How can technology help in preventing terrorist attacks?
- How close did we get to Artificial Intelligence?
- What technological innovations promise to change the third decade of the 21st century?
- How do regular people influence technological progress?
- What technologies does NASA use to explore Mars?
- How did Bill Gates and Steve Jobs change the world?
- How did cloud technologies change data storing?
- Can virtual reality substitute for an actual reality?
- What is the future of the internet?
Research Paper Topics on Environment
- How did climate change in the last 30 years?
- Why some believe that global warming is a hoax?
- What are the best ways to reduce global warming?
- How does global warming alter wildlife?
- Ocean pollution: Unseen tragedies.
- Effective ways of reducing air pollution.
- How can alternative types of energy help to preserve the Earth’s natural resources?
- Endangered species – How can we preserve them?
- Recycling. What did you do to make the world a better place?
- Drinking water for all – How can we achieve it?
Research Paper Topics on Legal Issues
- How do torrenting sites influence creativity and copyright?
- Should marijuana be legalized at the national level?
- How did the legalization of same-sex marriage influence the USA?
- Are punishments for sex crimes fair?
- Should there be a law preventing cyber-bullying?
- Where is the line between artistic photos and pornography?
- How does a new adoption law in Russia refuse orphans their chance for happiness?
- Various laws on abortion around the world.
- How do prostitution laws differ around the world?
Topics on Business
- How can one turn a business idea into a successful startup?
- How can creative marketing increase your sales?
- Does taxation aim to kill small businesses?
- Effective time-management for big and small teams.
- Is multitasking a productive method of work?
- Sexual harassment in the working environment.
- How benefits can make your employees happy.
- How do big corporations regularly break the law and get away with it?
- What are the various minimum wages around the world? Should The Universal Declaration of Human Rights control them?
- What were the most successful businesses in the first two decades of the 21st century?
Topics on World Politics
- How did Angela Merkel change Europe?
- Impeachment against Donald Trump: Will it happen?
- The consequences of Brexit for European values.
- Is Vladimir Putin sponsoring global terrorism?
- How can world politicians unite against the threat that Russia poses?
- Can North and South Korea unite again?
- How can we eliminate dictatorial regimes in the 21st century?
- Conflicts in Africa.
- Do refugees pose any threat to the hosting country?
- How can the world unite to fight racism?
Topics on Religion
- Is Christianity at its dusk?
- Can any religion justify crimes against humanity?
- The most popular new age religions.
- Sexual abuse in the church.
- Should religious beliefs influence health matters?
- How do various religions oppress women?
- The political context of the global religions throughout time.
- How does agnosticism balance between atheism and various religions?
- Are we witnessing a new religion forming?
- Myths of creation through global religions.
Topics on Health
- The effects of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana on a human body.
- Vaccination in the 21st century.
- The most controversial issues of birth control.
- Alzheimer’s: ways of prevention.
- Euthanasia – An assisted suicide?
- How can research help cure AIDS?
- Are there effective ways to prevent cancer?
- How do fats positively affect the human body and the mind?
- Anorexia and obesity – Two sides to one story.
- The importance of mental health.
Topics on Social Issues
- How does social media influence interpersonal communication?
- How can team sports affect social abilities?
- LGBT tolerance around the world.
- Global citizenship: Pros and cons.
- How to deal with social anxiety.
- How can one defend privacy issues on Facebook and other social media?
- How to stop bullying in schools.
- Discrimination of black women in modern-day America.
- Ethnicities that created the USA.
- Gender stereotypes in the workplace.
Topics on Education
- How to achieve literacy for all.
- Is it worth accumulating a huge debt to achieve higher education in the USA?
- How can the government make a teacher’s profession become more appealing?
- How can we modernize education to make it more appealing?
- How do dress codes in schools discriminate against women?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling?
- Is the present educational system capable of creating geniuses?
- The importance of multilingual education.
- Guns in school. How to achieve a safe environment.
- Do grades do justice to students’ knowledge?
Topics on Popular Culture
- The best music projects of 2020.
- How do reality shows influence teenagers?
- Do celebrities form a specific cast in today’s world?
- How much do people depend on heroes? Marvel and DC Cinematic Universes.
- How do American and Japanese popular cultures intertwine with each other?
- Sexism and ageism in modern Hollywood.
- Do shows like American Idol, the Voice, and X-factor really aim to find and develop talents?
- The female role in the world according to Beyonce’s Lemonade.
- How did YouTube change popular culture?
- The meaning of the Harry Potter Book Series in promoting reading.
Still lost? Download a Comprehensive Research Paper Guide completely FREE. It consists of 7 simple steps that can lead you to a perfect paper. We based it on analysis of 1000+ student’s papers, ordered by Edusson customers Get it now
Interesting and Funny Research Paper Topics
You may also want to base your research paper on something interesting or funny, which is not new. However, how you do it should set apart your skills and writing prowess from that of other students. Here is a list of funny research paper topics to choose from:
- What if sword-swallowers ate the swords’ knuсkles?
- Pop Art and Lady Gaga.
- Erasing bad memories and keeping good ones.
- Cocaine and its effects on bees.
- Explore the possibility of unicorns.
- Is country music causing suicidal tendencies?
- Sex, love, and robots.
- Self-defense using flatulence.
- Do woodpeckers ever suffer from headaches?
- Which breaks a human skull better: Full or empty beer bottles?
- Is alien abduction real? Has it ever taken place?
- Which is heavier: A pound of lead or feathers?
- Effects of water on breakfast cereal.
- Does wet underwear make people feel colder in winter?
- Chicken feathers: Can they help determine the speed of tornados?
- Is farting relieving?
- Do falling coconuts pose a threat to people nearby?
Do not be afraid to conduct thorough research. To write a good research paper you need to be confident in your argument. Make use of the suggested research paper topic ideas and you will be successful.
If you are still asking yourself “who can write my research paper ?” Edusson is the right place to be.
Easy Research Paper Topics
- Are birth control pills good or bad?
- Are married women with children happier than single women who did not give birth to a child?
- Are there health benefits to having children?
- Breast cancer rates are increasing among women in the US. What factors contribute to these rates?
- Do women with higher testosterone levels have an athletic advantage compared to women whose testosterone levels are not high?
- Has the feminist movement been a help to women or not?
- Has the modern-day feminist movement lost its track?
- How are cultural expectations of women different in Muslim vs. Western nations?
- How common is domestic abuse, or child abuse?
- How do the female hormones protect women from heart disease?
- How does the education of women change society?
- How has feminism changed America? The world?
- How has marriage changed?
- How is heart health different for men and women?
- How has society’s expectations for women to get married and have kids haven’t changed for centuries, even today?
- How to help girls from unprivileged towns and neighborhoods get educated?
- Should women participate in extreme sports?
- What are the most important health risks for women to be aware of?
- What is a maid? Is there an acceptable or unacceptable definition for this job?
- What is female genital mutilation and how is it connected with AIDS in Africa?
- What is the effect of birth control and pregnancy on the mental health of a woman?
- What is the history of marriage?
- Why do a vast majority of women refuse to report their husbands for domestic abuse? What can be done to help them?
- Why do people marry?
- Women in politics: why do a small percentage of them succeed?
- Are athletes overpaid? Do footballers deserve multi-million contracts? How their salaries influence their performance?
- Can anyone compete in a marathon? Should everyone try it at least once? Necessary measures to take in order to compete in this kind of race
- Choose a sport and the best athlete that has ever played it. Justify why is that person the greatest of all times
- Has Title 9 hurt men’s athletics? Should there be changes?
- Have Olympic Games improved or worsened through history?
- How money influences the football world today
- How much does the crowd at sports events influence the game? Does the roar of the fans or their chants really cause the team to win or lose?
- How successful has Title 9 been in changing access to sports for women?
- Is there a sport that should be added to the Olympic Games?
- Research the history of a sport of your choice. How has the game changed throughout history?
- Should college athletes get paid? If so, how should that be done?
- Should male and female athletes be paid equally?
- Should players form unions to protect their rights?
- The impact of the Olympic Games on the economy of the hosting nation?
- What do people learn from playing competitive sports?
- What does the public think about female athletes?
- Why do all children need to play competitive sports in school? How would regular sports activity benefit their health and school performance?
- Why do so many young people get injured while playing sports? Is it accidental and unavoidable or is there a way to prevent injuries? Choose between talking about sports in general or discussing some specific sport of your choice.
- African-American men are more likely to spend time in prison in the United States than any other group. What is the underlying cause of this negative trend? What can be done to stop it?
- After every terrorist attack, it turns out police received reports about the potential danger. Why do they always ignore these calls?
- Are prison sentences for rapes effective? Do convicted rapists recommit their crimes later?
- Criminal activities are widely prevalent in news shows, reality TV, television shows, and movies. Does the constant exposure to crime on TV promote these activities and give people ideas?
- The death sentence has a long history, but did it help decrease crime rates across the US?
- Do convicted criminals abandon their ways and turn into law-abiding citizens?
- Do organizations like Prison Fellowship, which attempt to reform prisoners through faith, produce long-term results in changed lives?
- Do some people have a genetic predisposition to commit a crime? If so, should government approve genetic testing on criminals?
- Does non-dangerous “hazing” add to the rituals and community of an organization? Describe pros and cons of having new members participate in initiation traditions.
- How can prisoners help rehabilitate prisoners?
- How difficult is it to ex-convicts to find a job?
- How does Trump’s victory at the presidential election affect the judicial system in the United States today?
- How should the background of the criminal (psychosis, intelligence, family environment, genetic predispositions) affect the decision in a criminal case?
- Is Mandatory Minimum sentencing a good idea? Does it aid crime prevention?
- Many prisoners re-commit crimes because they find it difficult to cope with “real world” after spending years in prison. What can be done to help them adapt to the new reality after leaving prison?
- The number of DUI arrests increases constantly. What can be done about this problem?
- On-campus violence: causes and solutions
- Online bullying is a common occurrence nowadays. Should cyber-bullies face criminal prosecution?
- Out of fear of potential mistake, prisoners on a death row in many states are still waiting for their executions. Does the possibility of wrong death outweigh the need for justice? Is there justice for family members of victims?
- Police brutality: causes and potential solutions
- Rates of teens engaging in criminal activities keep increasing. How did media contribute to this negative trend?
- Should all states have equal laws? Would it prevent some criminals from committing their unlawful deeds?
- Should DUI laws be the same across all states?
- Should girls and women who falsely accuse someone of raping them face criminal prosecution?
- Should people convicted of a DUI be able to attend classes to prevent having their driver’s license revoked?
- Should schools allow people with licenses to carry concealed weapons?
- Should some crimes require a mandatory death sentence?
- Should terrorist suspects be tried in American courts?
- Some states have already legalized marijuana. How did cannabis use affect crime rates in these states? Did they go up or down?
- Teen gangs and socioeconomic status of households: are they related?
- The Innocence Project has released more than 300 convicted criminals based primarily on DNA evidence. Many states give no compensation to those released. Should the compensation be mandatory?
- The use of art, music, or theater therapy is a common method of rehabilitating prisoners. How effective are these approaches?
- What are the causes of acquaintance rape? How can it be prevented?
- What does the general public think about death penalty?
- What is the underlying cause (or more of them) behind re-committing crimes?
- Why do some people become serial killers? Are there any signs in their behavior to look for?
- Why is police brutal when arresting black suspects?
- Are older children more successful?
- Child labor is a sad reality in third-world countries. Do we contribute to child labor by purchasing products from companies who employ children in their factories?
- Do small businesses have a chance to succeed in the competitive market today?
- How do blogs help revolutionize businesses?
- How did the NAFTA agreement affect business in the United States?
- How does birth order affect people in a work environment?
- How has terrorism affected businesses?
- How important is branding for a business?
- Importance of ethics in business: what are the consequences of unethical behavior?
- Past, present, and future of search engine optimization (SEO)?
- Should companies promote employees based on seniority, college degrees or evaluations of performance?
- Should employees be allowed more flexible leave time for caring for children and elderly parents?
- What is the best way to grow jobs and reduce the unemployment rate?
Psst. There’s also a more relaxed way ?
Improve your writing with our guides
Psychology Essay Topic: Theories Explaining Human growth and Development
Reflection Paper Topics: Art
Reaction Paper Writing: Travel Essay Topics
Get 15% off your first order with edusson.
Connect with a professional writer within minutes by placing your first order. No matter the subject, difficulty, academic level or document type, our writers have the skills to complete it.
100% privacy. No spam ever.
Choose Your Test
Sat / act prep online guides and tips, 113 great research paper topics.
One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best topic for you.
In addition to the list of good research topics, we've included advice on what makes a good research paper topic and how you can use your topic to start writing a great paper.
What Makes a Good Research Paper Topic?
Not all research paper topics are created equal, and you want to make sure you choose a great topic before you start writing. Below are the three most important factors to consider to make sure you choose the best research paper topics.
#1: It's Something You're Interested In
A paper is always easier to write if you're interested in the topic, and you'll be more motivated to do in-depth research and write a paper that really covers the entire subject. Even if a certain research paper topic is getting a lot of buzz right now or other people seem interested in writing about it, don't feel tempted to make it your topic unless you genuinely have some sort of interest in it as well.
#2: There's Enough Information to Write a Paper
Even if you come up with the absolute best research paper topic and you're so excited to write about it, you won't be able to produce a good paper if there isn't enough research about the topic. This can happen for very specific or specialized topics, as well as topics that are too new to have enough research done on them at the moment. Easy research paper topics will always be topics with enough information to write a full-length paper.
Trying to write a research paper on a topic that doesn't have much research on it is incredibly hard, so before you decide on a topic, do a bit of preliminary searching and make sure you'll have all the information you need to write your paper.
#3: It Fits Your Teacher's Guidelines
Don't get so carried away looking at lists of research paper topics that you forget any requirements or restrictions your teacher may have put on research topic ideas. If you're writing a research paper on a health-related topic, deciding to write about the impact of rap on the music scene probably won't be allowed, but there may be some sort of leeway. For example, if you're really interested in current events but your teacher wants you to write a research paper on a history topic, you may be able to choose a topic that fits both categories, like exploring the relationship between the US and North Korea. No matter what, always get your research paper topic approved by your teacher first before you begin writing.
113 Good Research Paper Topics
Below are 113 good research topics to help you get you started on your paper. We've organized them into ten categories to make it easier to find the type of research paper topics you're looking for.
- Discuss the main differences in art from the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance .
- Analyze the impact a famous artist had on the world.
- How is sexism portrayed in different types of media (music, film, video games, etc.)? Has the amount/type of sexism changed over the years?
- How has the music of slaves brought over from Africa shaped modern American music?
- How has rap music evolved in the past decade?
- How has the portrayal of minorities in the media changed?
- What have been the impacts of China's one child policy?
- How have the goals of feminists changed over the decades?
- How has the Trump presidency changed international relations?
- Analyze the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- What factors contributed to the current decline in the rate of unemployment?
- What have been the impacts of states which have increased their minimum wage?
- How do US immigration laws compare to immigration laws of other countries?
- How have the US's immigration laws changed in the past few years/decades?
- How has the Black Lives Matter movement affected discussions and view about racism in the US?
- What impact has the Affordable Care Act had on healthcare in the US?
- What factors contributed to the UK deciding to leave the EU (Brexit)?
- What factors contributed to China becoming an economic power?
- Discuss the history of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies (some of which tokenize the S&P 500 Index on the blockchain) .
- Do students in schools that eliminate grades do better in college and their careers?
- Do students from wealthier backgrounds score higher on standardized tests?
- Do students who receive free meals at school get higher grades compared to when they weren't receiving a free meal?
- Do students who attend charter schools score higher on standardized tests than students in public schools?
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- How does giving each student access to an iPad or laptop affect their studies?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Montessori Method ?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school later on?
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind act?
- How does the US education system compare to education systems in other countries?
- What impact does mandatory physical education classes have on students' health?
- Which methods are most effective at reducing bullying in schools?
- Do homeschoolers who attend college do as well as students who attended traditional schools?
- Does offering tenure increase or decrease quality of teaching?
- How does college debt affect future life choices of students?
- Should graduate students be able to form unions?
- What are different ways to lower gun-related deaths in the US?
- How and why have divorce rates changed over time?
- Is affirmative action still necessary in education and/or the workplace?
- Should physician-assisted suicide be legal?
- How has stem cell research impacted the medical field?
- How can human trafficking be reduced in the United States/world?
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
- Which types of juvenile punishment have proven most effective at preventing future crimes?
- Has the increase in US airport security made passengers safer?
- Analyze the immigration policies of certain countries and how they are similar and different from one another.
- Several states have legalized recreational marijuana. What positive and negative impacts have they experienced as a result?
- Do tariffs increase the number of domestic jobs?
- Which prison reforms have proven most effective?
- Should governments be able to censor certain information on the internet?
- Which methods/programs have been most effective at reducing teen pregnancy?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- How effective are different exercise regimes for losing weight and maintaining weight loss?
- How do the healthcare plans of various countries differ from each other?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression ?
- What are the pros and cons of genetically modified foods?
- Which methods are most effective for improving memory?
- What can be done to lower healthcare costs in the US?
- What factors contributed to the current opioid crisis?
- Analyze the history and impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic .
- Are low-carbohydrate or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- How much exercise should the average adult be getting each week?
- Which methods are most effective to get parents to vaccinate their children?
- What are the pros and cons of clean needle programs?
- How does stress affect the body?
- Discuss the history of the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.
- What were the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trials?
- Who was responsible for the Iran-Contra situation?
- How has New Orleans and the government's response to natural disasters changed since Hurricane Katrina?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- What were the impacts of British rule in India ?
- Was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki necessary?
- What were the successes and failures of the women's suffrage movement in the United States?
- What were the causes of the Civil War?
- How did Abraham Lincoln's assassination impact the country and reconstruction after the Civil War?
- Which factors contributed to the colonies winning the American Revolution?
- What caused Hitler's rise to power?
- Discuss how a specific invention impacted history.
- What led to Cleopatra's fall as ruler of Egypt?
- How has Japan changed and evolved over the centuries?
- What were the causes of the Rwandan genocide ?
- Why did Martin Luther decide to split with the Catholic Church?
- Analyze the history and impact of a well-known cult (Jonestown, Manson family, etc.)
- How did the sexual abuse scandal impact how people view the Catholic Church?
- How has the Catholic church's power changed over the past decades/centuries?
- What are the causes behind the rise in atheism/ agnosticism in the United States?
- What were the influences in Siddhartha's life resulted in him becoming the Buddha?
- How has media portrayal of Islam/Muslims changed since September 11th?
- How has the earth's climate changed in the past few decades?
- How has the use and elimination of DDT affected bird populations in the US?
- Analyze how the number and severity of natural disasters have increased in the past few decades.
- Analyze deforestation rates in a certain area or globally over a period of time.
- How have past oil spills changed regulations and cleanup methods?
- How has the Flint water crisis changed water regulation safety?
- What are the pros and cons of fracking?
- What impact has the Paris Climate Agreement had so far?
- What have NASA's biggest successes and failures been?
- How can we improve access to clean water around the world?
- Does ecotourism actually have a positive impact on the environment?
- Should the US rely on nuclear energy more?
- What can be done to save amphibian species currently at risk of extinction?
- What impact has climate change had on coral reefs?
- How are black holes created?
- Are teens who spend more time on social media more likely to suffer anxiety and/or depression?
- How will the loss of net neutrality affect internet users?
- Analyze the history and progress of self-driving vehicles.
- How has the use of drones changed surveillance and warfare methods?
- Has social media made people more or less connected?
- What progress has currently been made with artificial intelligence ?
- Do smartphones increase or decrease workplace productivity?
- What are the most effective ways to use technology in the classroom?
- How is Google search affecting our intelligence?
- When is the best age for a child to begin owning a smartphone?
- Has frequent texting reduced teen literacy rates?
How to Write a Great Research Paper
Even great research paper topics won't give you a great research paper if you don't hone your topic before and during the writing process. Follow these three tips to turn good research paper topics into great papers.
#1: Figure Out Your Thesis Early
Before you start writing a single word of your paper, you first need to know what your thesis will be. Your thesis is a statement that explains what you intend to prove/show in your paper. Every sentence in your research paper will relate back to your thesis, so you don't want to start writing without it!
As some examples, if you're writing a research paper on if students learn better in same-sex classrooms, your thesis might be "Research has shown that elementary-age students in same-sex classrooms score higher on standardized tests and report feeling more comfortable in the classroom."
If you're writing a paper on the causes of the Civil War, your thesis might be "While the dispute between the North and South over slavery is the most well-known cause of the Civil War, other key causes include differences in the economies of the North and South, states' rights, and territorial expansion."
#2: Back Every Statement Up With Research
Remember, this is a research paper you're writing, so you'll need to use lots of research to make your points. Every statement you give must be backed up with research, properly cited the way your teacher requested. You're allowed to include opinions of your own, but they must also be supported by the research you give.
#3: Do Your Research Before You Begin Writing
You don't want to start writing your research paper and then learn that there isn't enough research to back up the points you're making, or, even worse, that the research contradicts the points you're trying to make!
Get most of your research on your good research topics done before you begin writing. Then use the research you've collected to create a rough outline of what your paper will cover and the key points you're going to make. This will help keep your paper clear and organized, and it'll ensure you have enough research to produce a strong paper.
Are you also learning about dynamic equilibrium in your science class? We break this sometimes tricky concept down so it's easy to understand in our complete guide to dynamic equilibrium .
Thinking about becoming a nurse practitioner? Nurse practitioners have one of the fastest growing careers in the country, and we have all the information you need to know about what to expect from nurse practitioner school .
Want to know the fastest and easiest ways to convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius? We've got you covered! Check out our guide to the best ways to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (or vice versa).
Need more help with this topic? Check out Tutorbase!
Our vetted tutor database includes a range of experienced educators who can help you polish an essay for English or explain how derivatives work for Calculus. You can use dozens of filters and search criteria to find the perfect person for your needs.
These recommendations are based solely on our knowledge and experience. If you purchase an item through one of our links, PrepScholar may receive a commission.
Christine graduated from Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master's from Duke University. In high school she scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and was named a National Merit Finalist. She has taught English and biology in several countries.
Student and Parent Forum
Our new student and parent forum, at ExpertHub.PrepScholar.com , allow you to interact with your peers and the PrepScholar staff. See how other students and parents are navigating high school, college, and the college admissions process. Ask questions; get answers.
Ask a Question Below
Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply!
Improve With Our Famous Guides
- For All Students
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 160+ SAT Points
How to Get a Perfect 1600, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section:
Score 800 on SAT Math
Score 800 on SAT Reading
Score 800 on SAT Writing
Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section:
Score 600 on SAT Math
Score 600 on SAT Reading
Score 600 on SAT Writing
Free Complete Official SAT Practice Tests
What SAT Target Score Should You Be Aiming For?
15 Strategies to Improve Your SAT Essay
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 4+ ACT Points
How to Get a Perfect 36 ACT, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section:
36 on ACT English
36 on ACT Math
36 on ACT Reading
36 on ACT Science
Series: How to Get to 24 on Each ACT Section:
24 on ACT English
24 on ACT Math
24 on ACT Reading
24 on ACT Science
What ACT target score should you be aiming for?
ACT Vocabulary You Must Know
ACT Writing: 15 Tips to Raise Your Essay Score
How to Get Into Harvard and the Ivy League
How to Get a Perfect 4.0 GPA
How to Write an Amazing College Essay
What Exactly Are Colleges Looking For?
Is the ACT easier than the SAT? A Comprehensive Guide
Should you retake your SAT or ACT?
When should you take the SAT or ACT?
Get the latest articles and test prep tips!
Looking for Graduate School Test Prep?
Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here:
GRE Online Prep Blog
GMAT Online Prep Blog
TOEFL Online Prep Blog
Holly R. "I am absolutely overjoyed and cannot thank you enough for helping me!”
My Paper Writer
- How It Works
- Research paper help
- Economic research papers
- Management paper writing
- Sociology papers
- Analysis papers
- Editing service
- Proofreading service
- Writing papers for money
- Action term paper
- Accounting term papers
- Business term papers
- Essay writing service
- English term papers
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Research paper writing service
- Custom college papers
- Term paper writing service
- Write my college paper
- Write my term paper
- Write my research paper
- Pay someone to write my paper
- Write my essay
- Rewrite my paper
Learn the right way to write your papers. Or, get a head start and have top experts write them for you.
223 Best Educational Research Topics To Get A+
You will be writing a lot of research papers during your time in college. You must learn how to consider several education topics before selecting one that is neither too broad nor too narrow. You can find several good ideas from classroom lectures, assigned readings, and the internet.
You must choose something you find interesting so that your enthusiasm comes through in your writing. We have put together a list of 223 popular educational research topics for your consideration.
Educational Research Topics for College Students
The following educational research topics for college students are great for a project that requires a few weeks to complete. Resources are available at the library, and you should be able to find plenty of background information online:
- Attention-deficit disorder and the challenges educators face in the classroom.
- Focus reform efforts within schools instead of educators.
- How should parents prepare to pay for the rising cost of college tuition?
- Can professional development techniques be used to teach children?
- The effectiveness of professional skill development at the high school level.
- Education is the result of the efforts of more than just schools.
- What is the most effective way of grading a school’s performance?
- Compare and contrast concept-building versus memorization in public schools.
- Challenges of staff development in a school’s environment.
- Evaluate different learning capabilities of students at the high school level.
- Exploring teacher development in classes with special needs children.
- Should schools reduce the workday to help with teachers’ mental health?
- Should students be required to evaluate their teachers?
- Using WYMIWIG to evaluate school programs more accurately.
- Should collegiate athletes receive compensation for their performance?
- How can students become bigger stakeholders in their academic journey?
- Can shortening the hours of a school day help students retain information more efficiently?
- Explain the impact of family interactions on a child’s academic performance.
- Compare and contrast the different types of bullying and their effects on learning.
- How do different models of discipline impact extra-curricular achievements in grade school?
- The impact of different parenting styles on a student’s performance.
- How does math impact a student’s performance in other subjects?
- What motivates high school students to perform well academically?
- Is it still necessary for students to learn a second language in high school?
- Are school tests effective in determining a student’s aptitude?
- What are the advantages of sending students to private institutions?
- Do gender and culture influence the personal goals of students?
- The impact of formal training workshops on reducing anxiety in teachers.
- What can teachers do to motivate students in grade school?
- Should colleges and universities reevaluate their admission policies?
- How do gender and culture affect anxiety in different subjects?
- How can administrators balance academics and athletics in high school?
- Does a parent’s perception of homework influence a child’s perception of it?
- Conduct a study of parental insistence of career choice and the impact on males and females.
- Compare and contrast charter schools and public schools.
- Describe the advantages that charter schools offer to their students.
- Implementing effective school achievement reform.
- What are the personal attributes of attention-seeking students?
PhD Research Topics in Educational Technology
This area of study focuses on the combined use of computer hardware, software, and educational theory and practice to facilitate learning. It’s a fast-growing subject among PhD students. Here are some great educational technology research topics for you to consider:
- Identify the major advancements in educational technology in the 20th century.
- Moving beyond the predictable failure of initiatives for educational technology.
- Evaluate learning outcomes of incorporating tablet use in schools.
- What are some of the challenges educational technology has had in teaching?
- Evaluate the impact educational technology has had on third world countries.
- Developing digital programs to help students with learning disabilities.
- How can we improve the implementation of technologies in our public schools?
- How can technology make a difference in education during conflict and crisis?
- How does educational technology improve the way we evaluate learning?
- Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of ICT learning for teenage reading in the U.S.
- How does the internet encourage study groups among young adults?
- The effective use of the internet to learn difficult concepts in the sciences.
- Realizing the power of educational technology in terms of access and impact.
- What impact did educational technology have during the Covid-19 pandemic?
- What are the most effective practices of ICT use in South America?
- Educational technology and visual-spatial learning.
- Impact of technological advancement and innovation on learning.
- How can educational technology be used for effective teacher professional development?
- Productive classroom educational technology practices for children.
- How the internet has built a global community of student learners.
- Evaluate the use of technology in improving reading outcomes among children.
- Evaluate the use of educational technology in low-income countries.
- Effectiveness of game-based learning programs as learning tools in the classroom.
- Is online learning a more effective tool for learning among college students?
- The impact that ICT has had on secondary education in European countries.
- Successful use of information and communication technology in third world countries.
- Social-emotional learning and cultural learning in the classroom.
- How has online learning design helped prepare students for jobs in the 21st century?
- Evaluate the reach and impact of massive open online courses on low-income students.
- Can educational technology be used to evaluate a school’s performance?
- What hurdles do students face when they are technologically challenged?
- How can augmented and virtual reality help students improve their learning skills?
- How can project-based learning help students develop technology skills?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic propelled digital equity?
- Analyze design and technology for educational products made for children.
- How can technology in the classroom be used to help students help society?
- Compare and contrast the ways male and female students respond to computer-based learning.
- What can be done to introduce technology to non-tech disciplines (e.g., sociology or history)?
Educational Research Topics for Thesis
Plenty of background information on the following topics can be found online. However, you must conduct ample research at the library where you have access to academic and government resources. Start your work early to ensure you have enough time to track down relevant resources:
- Examine the causes of boredom in the classroom among high school students.
- What are the challenges of social distancing as students return to schools?
- Compare and contrast standardized tests and Wonderlic tests in their assessment of academic performance.
- In what ways has the pandemic affected online education?
- The challenges caused by the Covid-19 on the public school system.
- What role did teachers and professors play during the Covid-19 pandemic?
- What impact did Covid-19 have on international students that lived on campuses year-round?
- What has the Covid-19 pandemic shown us about the level of technology in U.S. schools?
- Evaluate the use of technology in schools and propose a solution to improve education.
- Explore motivational levels between genders in U.S. high schools.
- What decisions must international graduate students make regarding their stay in the U.S.?
- Evaluate computer-based reading programs for pre-kindergarten students?
- Examine the impact of technology use in early childhood literacy.
- What is the best method for creating efficient learning environments to improve early childhood education?
- What impact do parents have in the development of early childhood literacy?
- Explain how the success of students in urban areas can be influenced by the district’s policies.
- How effective is the use of video documentation and collaborative inquiry in educating student teachers?
- What is the relationship between classroom quality and success among students in grade school?
- Examine the practice of using educational games to enhance learning.
- Are today’s college and university students more prone to violence?
- Examine kindergarten educational settings and their impact on a child’s confidence.
- How can the current curricular development of high school students be linked to current economic issues in the U.S.?
- Analyze the educational approaches between public schools and private schools.
- What influence do different teaching methods have on a student’s academic success?
- Evaluate the current early childhood education curriculum in public schools.
- Is the use of multiple media tools effective in improving early childhood literacy?
- Evaluate the actions taken by colleges and universities during the pandemic.
- Is online education a tool for quality education or an increase in useless screen time?
- What challenges do people with intellectual disabilities face post Covid-19?
- The impact of storytime activities at the kindergarten level.
- Evaluate higher education practices and the relationship with labor market requirements.
- What is the most effective method of improving early childhood literacy?
- Examine the current curricular development of primary school students.
- Cognitive development in children and the introduction of coding courses.
- What does the Covid-19 pandemic mean for the future of education?
- What impact did the Covid-19 pandemic have on college campuses?
- What is the best method for assessing learning ability in kindergarten students?
- Educational data science and the growing discipline in colleges.
Educational Psychology Research Topics
This area of study focuses on the different ways that people learn. It includes topics related to teaching methods, instructional processes, and individual differences. The following educational psychology research paper topics cover these areas and are great for a large research project:
- The theoretical importance of the family in a child’s educational development.
- The impact that bullying has on elementary school children.
- What impact do divorced parents have on a child’s learning abilities?
- How has the definition of educational psychology changed in the past decade?
- Examine the importance of studying educational psychology.
- The impact bullying and victimization have on a child’s behavior in class.
- The role of emotion in a child’s ability to learn difficult subjects.
- Can parents or tutors learn better teaching methods through educational psychology?
- The importance of social interaction for pre-K children in the U.S.
- How does psychological development affect the way a student learns?
- Teacher attunement and the impact it has on student learning.
- Ethical issues in assessment techniques used by psychologists.
- Application of educational psychology processes and a child’s confidence.
- The psychological impact that homeschooling has on young adults.
- Describe the importance of the development of self-regulation.
- The importance of critical thinking to evaluate educational psychology methods.
- The importance of parental involvement in a child’s academic performance.
- Reporting on mass school shootings and impact on a child’s development.
- The effect student attributes have on a teacher’s performance.
- Technical aspects of tests and measurements to advance educational psychology.
- Peer relations on their influence on student behavior.
- Desired student outcomes resulting from different educational psychology approaches.
- Define the major contributions to our thinking of educational psychology.
- Educational psychology and its role in improving motivation and engagement.
- Behavioral and social-emotional development in students.
- How can psychological techniques be used to improve language skills?
- Compare and contrast assessment models in different school types in the U.S.
- How does early academic success affect a child’s confidence?
- Applying educational psychology to students that are homeschooled.
- Compare and contrast the impact of mother involvement versus father involvement.
- Developing the capacities and potential in students within a specific society.
- Explore the motivational levels between genders at the high school level.
- How can teachers use educational psychology techniques to help students with autism?
- Classroom punishments and their impact on a child’s behavior.
- Behavioral learning techniques and educational psychology.
- Evaluating current methods of assessment, measurement, and research.
- Compare and contrast research methods in educational psychology.
- How can educational psychology be used to shorten the achievement gap?
Research Topics in Educational Sociology
Educational sociology focuses on the social factors that influence and are influenced by educational structures and processes within and between societies. Educational sociology is important because it plays a large role in educational policy and planning. You can select a great research topic in education that deals with sociology from the list below:
- What is the modern role of responsibility for college students?
- Should all college students be given free access to on-campus health services?
- Explore the sense of independence among first-year college students.
- What is the social perception of receiving a vocational education?
- The relationship between crime and access to a full education.
- How do school values differ from family values at the college level?
- The family is a point of reference in setting and achieving academic goals.
- What impact does literature have on a student’s cultural identity?
- The sociology of education and digital technology.
- Examine the importance of building social circles in college.
- Explore the impact required courses have on a student’s stress.
- How do recent changes in educational policies and programs affect incoming students?
- The importance of socialization among children and their perception toward education.
- How is a student’s creativity affected by strict grading rubric rules?
- Why are college internship choices biased?
- Explore the effects childhood domestic violence has on a college student’s academic performance.
- Evaluate conflict resolution processes on college campuses.
- Why do college students feel anxious and stressed during the first year?
- The impact of social media on the ways teenagers and young adults learn.
- Examine the connection between education and terrorism.
- Limitations in the application of sociology to advance educational theories.
- What effect does traveling abroad have on students’ sense of others’ cultures?
- The sociological differences between education and training.
- Define the failure of modern systems of education as it relates to moral values.
- Social inequality and the politics of cultural research on educational institutions.
- Analyze the low enrollment status of adult education programs in the U.S.
- Examine the correlation between educational achievements and poverty levels.
- The impact that education has in escaping poverty.
- Explore the reasons behind a student’s desire to rate their professors.
- Analyze students’ needs to have the power to change school policies.
- How does social media help students stay connected with friends and family?
- How does social work fit into the daily lives of college students?
- Examine the reasons why students feel the need to plagiarize.
Educational Leadership Research Topics
This discipline deals with the processes of enlisting and guiding talents and energies of educators, students, and parents toward achieving academic success. A degree in this area equips graduates with expertise in the areas of leadership, management, and communication as they relate to education. Here are some great research topics in educational administration to choose from:
- Conduct a qualitative study to evaluate the educational policies in the U.S.
- How is academic research impacted by educational leadership in the classroom?
- How can school districts improve the quality of educational leadership among their administrators and teachers?
- What is the relationship between successful educational leadership and early professional success?
- What impact does effective educational leadership have on college and university students?
- What can an educational leader do to change the environment surrounding students?
- Are there differences in leadership qualities in high school and college educators?
- Conduct a qualitative study of high-performing university students in the professional world?
- How has globalization impacted higher education in the United States?
- Identify the characteristics and qualities needed for effective teaching in high school.
- What are the five most important qualities in a great educational leader?
- What are the best leadership strategies for educators and principals?
- Examine a country’s transformation as it relates to educational leadership over the last 50 years.
- What is the history and purpose of co-curricular transcripts in assessing a student’s knowledge?
- What type of leadership does a principal need to demonstrate to benefit the educational growth of students?
- Evaluate different leadership styles across educational levels.
- What are the most effective ways of dealing with problems the come up in educational leadership?
- How can teachers instill their educational leadership skills in their students?
- Evaluate methods that connect learning with leadership?
- Evaluate educational leadership training and coursework for teachers?
- What impact does a good relationship between principals and teachers have on students?
- What are the most effective measures of reform for elementary schools?
- Should teacher leadership at the high school level focus more on developing professional skills in students?
- Identify reform measures that require reevaluation to increase intellectual growth among high school students?
- Should educational leaders focus on making improvements to their schools’ infrastructure or on their students?
- Examine in-class note-taking skills for high school students with and without learning disabilities.
- Why do great educational leaders have such an effect on the successes of international students in the U.S.?
- What are the causes of the under-representation of minorities in advanced placement courses?
- What impact has educational leadership had on the United States?
- How can we better understand educational leadership through an evaluation of people and culture?
- Examine the anti-bullying policies in U.S. schools and provide a realistic solution.
- Why do students from multi-cultural backgrounds do better when communicating with teachers and peers is efficient and effective?
- Are administrative staff making a difference in terms of diversity and equality?
- Evaluate current practices to lower and prevent the number of failing high school students?
- What role does spiritual growth have on leadership development in college and university students?
- What is the impact of instructional coaching on high school teachers’ practices?
- Identify the most important leadership qualities to teach at the college level.
- Should educational institutions reevaluate training opportunities to improve how teachers execute leadership strategies?
We are an online professional writing service that provides high quality research paper help for college and university students that have a paper to write fast. We are a best rated service that offers affordable help with research paper unlike any of the other companies out there. If you need a custom list of educational research topics, our research paper writers can provide you with a researchable topic in education to fit any assignment. Just give us a call, email, or chat to learn more about how we can provide cheap assistance to fit any budget.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Copyright © 2013-2023 - MyPaperWriter.com
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
When you choose to publish with PLOS, your research makes an impact. Make your work accessible to all, without restrictions, and accelerate scientific discovery with options like preprints and published peer review that make your work more Open.
- PLOS Biology
- PLOS Climate
- PLOS Computational Biology
- PLOS Digital Health
- PLOS Genetics
- PLOS Global Public Health
- PLOS Medicine
- PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases
- PLOS Pathogens
- PLOS Sustainability and Transformation
- PLOS Collections
- How to Write a Great Title
Maximize search-ability and engage your readers from the very beginning
Your title is the first thing anyone who reads your article is going to see, and for many it will be where they stop reading. Learn how to write a title that helps readers find your article, draws your audience in and sets the stage for your research!
How your title impacts the success of your article
Researchers are busy and there will always be more articles to read than time to read them. Good titles help readers find your research, and decide whether to keep reading. Search engines use titles to retrieve relevant articles based on users’ keyword searches. Once readers find your article, they’ll use the title as the first filter to decide whether your research is what they’re looking for. A strong and specific title is the first step toward citations, inclusion in meta-analyses, and influencing your field.
What to include in a title
Include the most important information that will signal to your target audience that they should keep reading.
Key information about the study design
What you discovered
Getting the title right can be more difficult than it seems, and researchers refine their writing skills throughout their career. Some journals even help editors to re-write their titles during the publication process!
- Keep it concise and informative What’s appropriate for titles varies greatly across disciplines. Take a look at some articles published in your field, and check the journal guidelines for character limits. Aim for fewer than 12 words, and check for journal specific word limits.
- Write for your audience Consider who your primary audience is: are they specialists in your specific field, are they cross-disciplinary, are they non-specialists?
- Entice the reader Find a way to pique your readers’ interest, give them enough information to keep them reading.
- Incorporate important keywords Consider what about your article will be most interesting to your audience: Most readers come to an article from a search engine, so take some time and include the important ones in your title!
- Write in sentence case In scientific writing, titles are given in sentence case. Capitalize only the first word of the text, proper nouns, and genus names. See our examples below.
- Write your title as a question In most cases, you shouldn’t need to frame your title as a question. You have the answers, you know what you found. Writing your title as a question might draw your readers in, but it’s more likely to put them off.
- Sensationalize your research Be honest with yourself about what you truly discovered. A sensationalized or dramatic title might make a few extra people read a bit further into your article, but you don’t want them disappointed when they get to the results.
Format: Prevalence of [disease] in [population] in [location]
Example: Prevalence of tuberculosis in homeless women in San Francisco
Format: Risk factors for [condition] among [population] in [location]
Example: Risk factors for preterm births among low-income women in Mexico City
Format (systematic review/meta-analysis): Effectiveness of [treatment] for [disease] in [population] for [outcome] : A systematic review and meta-analysis
Example: Effectiveness of Hepatitis B treatment in HIV-infected adolescents in the prevention of liver disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis
Format (clinical trial): [Intervention] improved [symptoms] of [disease] in [population] : A randomized controlled clinical trial
Example: Using a sleep app lessened insomnia in post-menopausal women in southwest United States: A randomized controlled clinical trial
Format (general molecular studies): Characterization/identification/evaluation of [molecule name] in/from [organism/tissue] (b y [specific biological methods] )
Example: Identification of putative Type-I sex pheromone biosynthesis-related genes expressed in the female pheromone gland of Streltzoviella insularis
Format (general molecular studies): [specific methods/analysis] of organism/tissue reveal insights into [function/role] of [molecule name] in [biological process]
Example: Transcriptome landscape of Rafflesia cantleyi floral buds reveals insights into the roles of transcription factors and phytohormones in flower development
Format (software/method papers): [tool/method/software] for [what purpose] in [what research area]
Example: CRISPR-based tools for targeted transcriptional and epigenetic regulation in plants
Tip: How to edit your work
Editing is challenging, especially if you are acting as both a writer and an editor. Read our guidelines for advice on how to refine your work, including useful tips for setting your intentions, re-review, and consultation with colleagues.
- How to Write an Abstract
- How to Write Your Methods
- How to Report Statistics
- How to Write Discussions and Conclusions
- How to Edit Your Work
There’s a lot to consider when deciding where to submit your work. Learn how to choose a journal that will help your study reach its audience, while reflecting your values as a researcher…
The discussion section contains the results and outcomes of a study. An effective discussion informs readers what can be learned from your…
Ensure appropriateness and rigor, avoid flexibility and above all never manipulate results In many fields, a statistical analysis forms the heart of…
6 Important Tips on Writing a Research Paper Title
When you are searching for a research study on a particular topic, you probably notice that articles with interesting, descriptive research titles draw you in. By contrast, research paper titles that are not descriptive are usually passed over, even though you may write a good research paper with interesting contents. This shows the importance of coming up with a good title for your research paper when drafting your own manuscript.
Why do Research Titles Matter?
Before we look at how to title a research paper, let’s look at a research title example that illustrates why a good research paper should have a strong title.
Imagine that you are researching meditation and nursing, and you want to find out if any studies have shown that meditation makes nurses better communicators. You conduct a keyword search using the keywords “nursing”, “communication”, and “meditation.” You come up with results that have the following titles:
- Benefits of Meditation for the Nursing Profession: A Quantitative Investigation
- Why Mindful Nurses Make the Best Communicators
- Meditation Gurus
- Nurses on the Move: A Quantitative Report on How Meditation Can Improve Nurse Performance
All four of these titles may describe very similar studies—they could even be titles for the same study! As you can see, they give very different impressions.
- Title 1 describes the topic and the method of the study but is not particularly catchy.
- Title 2 partly describes the topic, but does not give any information about the method of the study—it could simply be a theoretical or opinion piece.
- Title 3 is somewhat catchier but gives almost no information at all about the article.
- Title 4 begins with a catchy main title and is followed by a subtitle that gives information about the content and method of the study.
As we will see, Title 4 has all the characteristics of a good research title.
Characteristics of a Good Research Title
According to rhetoric scholars Hairston and Keene, making a good title for a paper involves ensuring that the title of the research accomplishes four goals as mentioned below:
- It should predict the content of the research paper .
- It should be interesting to the reader .
- It should reflect the tone of the writing .
- It should contain important keywords that will make it easier to be located during a keyword search.
Let’s return to the examples in the previous section to see if they meet these four criteria.
As you can see in the table above, only one of the four example titles fulfills all of the criteria of a suitable research paper title.
Related: You’ve chosen your study topic, but having trouble deciding where to publish it? Here’s a comprehensive course to help you identify the right journal .
Tips for Writing an Effective Research Paper Title
When writing a research title , you can use the four criteria listed above as a guide. Here are a few other tips you can use to make sure your title will be part of the recipe for an effective research paper :
- Make sure your research title describes (a) the topic, (b) the method, (c) the sample, and (d) the results of your study. You can use the following formula:
[ Result ]: A [ method ] study of [ topic ] among [ sample ] Example : Meditation makes nurses perform better: a qualitative study of mindfulness meditation among German nursing students
- Avoid unnecessary words and jargons. Keep the title statement as concise as possible. You want a title that will be comprehensible even to people who are not experts in your field. Check our article for a detailed list of things to avoid when writing an effective research title .
- Make sure your title is between 5 and 15 words in length.
- If you are writing a title for a university assignment or for a particular academic journal, verify that your title conforms to the standards and requirements for that outlet. For example, many journals require that titles fall under a character limit, including spaces. Many universities require that titles take a very specific form, limiting your creativity.
- Use a descriptive phrase to convey the purpose of your research efficiently.
- Most importantly, use critical keywords in the title to increase the discoverability of your article.
Resources for Further Reading
In addition to the tips above, there are many resources online that you can use to help write your research title. Here is a list of links that you may find useful as you work on creating an excellent research title:
- The University of Southern California has a guide specific to social science research papers: http://libguides.usc.edu/writingguide/title
- The Journal of European Psychology Students has a blog article focusing on APA-compliant research paper titles: http://blog.efpsa.org/2012/09/01/how-to-write-a-good-title-for-journal-articles/
- This article by Kristen Hamlin contains a step-by-step approach to writing titles: http://classroom.synonym.com/choose-title-research-paper-4332.html
Are there any tips or tricks you find useful in crafting research titles? Which tip did you find most useful in this article? Leave a comment to let us know!
- Hairston, M., & Keene, M. 2003. Successful writing . 5th ed. New York: Norton.
- University of Southern California. 2017. Organizing your social sciences research paper: choosing a title . [Online] Available at: http://libguides.usc.edu/writingguide/title
Thank you so much:) Have a nice day!
Thank you so much, it helped me.. God bless..
Thank you for the excellent article and tips for creating a research work, because I always forget about such an essential element as the keywords when forming topics. In particular, I have found a rapid help with the formation of informative and sound titles that also conforms to the standards and requirements.
I am doing a research work on sales girls or shop girls using qualititative method. Basicly I am from Pakistan and writing on the scenario of mycountry. I am really confused about my research title can you kindly give some suggestions and give me an approperaite tilte
Hi Zubair, Thank you for your question. However, the information you have provided is insufficient for drafting an appropriate title. Information on what exactly you intend to study would be needed in order to draft a meaningful title. Meanwhile, you can try drafting your own title after going through the following articles our website: https://www.enago.com/academy/top-10-tips-on-choosing-an-attractive-research-title/ , https://www.enago.com/academy/writing-a-good-research-title-things-to-avoid/ , https://www.enago.com/academy/write-irresistible-research-paper-title/ We would be happy to give you feedback and suggest changes if required. Did you get a chance to install our free Mobile App? https://www.enago.com/academy/mobile-app/ . Make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletter https://www.enago.com/academy/subscribe-now/ .
thanks for helping me like this!!
Thank you for this. It helped me improve my research title. I just want to verify to you the title I have just made. “Ensuring the safety: A Quantitative Study of Radio Frequency Identification system among the selected students of ( school’s name ).
(I need your reply asap coz we will be doing the chap. 1 tomorrow. Thank u in advance. 🙂 )
I am actually doing a research paper title. I want to know more further in doing research title. Can you give me some tips on doing a research paper?
Hi Joan, Thank you for your question. We are glad to know that you found our resources useful. Your feedback is very valuable to us. You can try drafting your own title after going through the following articles on our website: https://www.enago.com/academy/top-10-tips-on-choosing-an-attractive-research-title/ , https://www.enago.com/academy/writing-a-good-research-title-things-to-avoid/ , https://www.enago.com/academy/write-irresistible-research-paper-title/
We would be happy to give you feedback and suggest changes if required. Did you get a chance to install our free Mobile App? https://www.enago.com/academy/mobile-app/ . Make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletter https://www.enago.com/academy/subscribe-now/ .
That really helpful. Thanks alot
Thank you so much. It’s really help me.
Thanks for sharing this tips. Title matters a lot for any article because it contents Keywords of article. It should be eye-catchy. Your article is helpful to select title of any article.
nice blog that you have shared
This blog is very informative for me. Thanks for sharing.
nice information that you have shared
i’m found in selecting my ma thesis title ,so i’m going to do my final research after the proposal approved. Your post help me find good title.
I need help. I need a research title for my study about early mobilization of the mechanically ventilated patients in the ICU. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Thank you for posting your query on the website. When writing manuscripts, too many scholars neglect the research title. This phrase, along with the abstract, is what people will mostly see and read online. Title research of publications shows that the research paper title does matter a lot. Both bibliometrics and altmetrics tracking of citations are now, for better or worse, used to gauge a paper’s “success” for its author(s) and the journal publishing it. Interesting research topics coupled with good or clever yet accurate research titles can draw more attention to your work from peers and the public alike. You can check through the following search results for titles on similar topics: https://www.google.com/search?q=early+mobilization+of+the+mechanically+ventilated+patients+in+the+icu&rlz=1C1GCEU_enIN907IN907&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.69i59.4920093j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 .
We hope this would be helpful in drafting an attractive title for your research paper.
Please let us know in case of any other queries.
I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours these days, but I never found any interesting article like yours. It is lovely worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content material as you did, the internet will be much more helpful than ever before.
Wonderful article! We will bee linking to this particularly great post on our site. Keep up the good writing.
Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
In case the topic is new research before you’re writing. And then to stand out, you end up being different.and be inclined to highlight yourself.
There are many free directories, and more paid lists.
To be honest your article is informative. I search many site to know about writing but I didn’t get the information I needed. I saw your site and I read it. I got some new information from here. I think some of your tips can be applied to those too! Thank you so very much for such informative and useful content.
Nice and well written content you have shared with us. thanks a lot!
Thanks for sharing these tips… Rockwide
Its helpful. a person can grab knowledge through it.
Rate this article Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published.
Enago Academy's Most Popular
- Career Corner
Top 10 Tips on Choosing an Attractive Research Title
Choosing an appropriate research title is necessary to draw readers’ attention. It instantly helps readers…
- Manuscripts & Grants
- Reporting Research
Writing a Good Research Title: Things to Avoid
When writing manuscripts, too many scholars neglect the research title. This phrase, along with the…
Do Declarative Titles in Research Articles Yield Increased Readership?
The titles of journal articles fall under three basic categories: Declarative – states main findings…
Does Your Article Title Matter?
You probably spend a fair amount of time searching for relevant journal articles to read…
Writing the Title Page (Part 1)
The title page is the first page of your article, and therefore it is important…
Sign-up to read more
Subscribe for free to get unrestricted access to all our resources on research writing and academic publishing including:
- 2000+ blog articles
- 50+ Webinars
- 10+ Expert podcasts
- 50+ Infographics
- 10+ Checklists
- Research Guides
We hate spam too. We promise to protect your privacy and never spam you.
I am looking for Editing/ Proofreading services for my manuscript Tentative date of next journal submission:
For what are you most likely to depend on AI-assistance?
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Unfortunately, we are not hiring writers now due to low season.
We will be glad to review your application in the future.
- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
How to Write a Good Research Paper Title
11 Jan 2022
6 tips on how to choose a brilliant research paper title, examples of good research paper titles, how to format a title page for research work.
Most high-school and college students consider writing research paper titles a piece of cake until they start brainstorming ideas. There are several criteria that a catchy research paper title should meet. It is well-known that the decision of most people whether a book is worth reading or not is based on the impression the publication's name has made on them.
Writing titles requires a lot of time and efforts because it should perform three major functions: intrigue the reader, sound interesting, and reflect the main content idea with the help of keywords. If you want to succeed in creating a really great research heading, you should think of the most important questions it should answer. Students wonder whether a question can be a name of a research project. You can do this, but it is better to make it affirmative as the major goal of this kind of work is to provide an answer to certain questions.
Most people would like to unwrap a beautiful box, eat candy with a bright cover, and watch a movie with an impressive name. The same situation applies to a work heading. A brilliant title of a research paper is the key to success. You may craft a great project of 2000-3000 words, which is the standard length of this kind of academic assignment but nobody will read it if the heading sounds boring and uninteresting.
Have a look at the following table with research paper title examples and the evaluation process of the characteristics. If you analyze a research paper title and answer “Yes” to all four points, you have done a good job!
The last name meets all the requirements for good titles for a research paper. It belongs to descriptive research titles. If you have been attentive, you could notice that all significant words are written with capital letters. Articles, prepositions, and conjunctions shouldn’t be capitalized. The 1 st and the last word in your heading should be written with a capital letter.
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
If you have no idea what a good title should look like and you often wonder "how do you start a research paper" ! Follow the 6 useful tips for crafting catchy research paper titles that will attract the attention of your reader. Keep in mind all pieces of advice on how to create a good title and great success is guaranteed!
- Create a brief but informative name which would help the reader have a clear picture of what your work is about. Avoid disorder in your thoughts making the work’s name logical.
- Make your heading eye-catching with the help of effective hooks. Paper titles in the form of questions perform this function well
- Make it clear and concise avoiding insignificant words. Ensure that the number of words doesn't exceed 15 maximum
- Make it narrow specifying your target audience. For example, “How to write an A-grade essay: Guide for college students.”
- Give preference to active verbs rather than the number of nouns. Avoid complex phrases consisting of several nouns as titles of papers like this may distract the attention of the reader
- Think which keywords to include in your research title. You should find out which words people use to find work on the same topic and underline them in your project
Does composing a heading seem as easy as ABC anymore? If you don’t know how to apply your theoretical knowledge of how to title a college paper in practice, then, have a look at these research paper title examples.
Titles of psychology research papers:
- How to Fight Stress Quickly and Effectively: 5 Natural Methods
- Effective Techniques on How to Make People Do What You Want
- A Full Guide on How not to Be Influenced by Society
- Adults Who Behave Aggressively Are Those Who Were Unhappy in Childhood
- Methods on How to Change Your Attitude to Life that Really Work
Also you can check your examples of psychology essays .
- How to Get As and Work at the Same Time: Time-Management Tips for Students
- A Guide on How to Craft a Good Essay if You Have Only 1 Hour
- You Mean Nothing to Society if You Don’t Have a Degree
- Steps that Should be Taken to Improve the System of Education
- Great Tricks for Motivating Students
Also you can check your examples of education essays .
- How to Start Your Own Business without a Large Investment
- Benefits of Being Self-Employed You Have Never Thought Of
- 10 Great Business Ideas for Those Who Have No Money
- The Most Common Mistakes Beginning Businessmen Do
- The Secret Behind a Successful Business
Also you can check your examples of business essays .
- The Greatest Innovations in Technology in the Last 5 Years
- The Most Useful Technologies in Medicine
- Original Technologies that Will Change the Future
- The Role of Information Technology in the Everyday Life
- The Benefits of Living in a Highly-Technological World
Also you can check your examples of technology essays .
When brainstorming research paper title ideas for an academic journal, bear in mind that you should stick to the point and write the name only after you have completed your project. If you have checked the template and no creative ideas have come to your mind, entrust this task to professionals offering help with writing a research paper like PapersOwl and don`t worry about the question " can someone write my research paper ". Just pay to have a paper written for you and experts will help create a heading that will stand out.
Need help with writing a research paper?
Get your paper written by a professional writer
When writing a heading, it is not enough to search for paper title ideas. You should also look at the formatting rules for each style. The most commonly used styles are APA, MLA, and Chicago, which your teacher chooses depends on the type of project. Do you know what the difference between an APA page and an MLA page is?
- In accordance with the research paper APA format guidelines, the name should be up to 12 words, each of which should communicate valuable information. It should be brief and clear and should be halfway down the page in the center of a page. You are supposed to write your personal details at the bottom.
- In accordance with the MLA guidelines, it should be concise, 1/3 of the way down the page. The capitalization guidelines are standard: all significant words are capitalized, except prepositions and articles.
There is no need to italicize a college paper title on the main page. Have a sample in the necessary format in front of you to format the 1st page so that it meets the requirements of your teacher. Ask your supervisor to provide you with an example or find a good sample on the Internet, where there are a lot of interesting research paper topics or you can always use the help of research paper writing services .
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Prof. Linda Mia
I’ve worked for the past eight years as a content editor, creative writer, and professional essay writer. Every day, I work hard to make sure my clients are satisfied with the projects and papers I write for them. My areas of expertise are wide, ranging from Psychology and Sociology to Political Science and World History.
Readers also enjoyed
100 communication research topics.
Research Paper Writing Guides 32 likes
Methodology in Research Paper
Research Paper Writing Guides 44 likes
Social Work Research Topics
Research Paper Writing Guides 70 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
5+ Best Research Paper About Online Learning
Research papers are an important part of any academic life. They are required for many courses and have become an integral part of the research process.
Here are some of the Research Papers Written about Online Learning or distance learning.
Online Learning Research Paper Example 1
Research Title: Impact of online classes on the satisfaction and performance of students during the pandemic period of COVID 19 Paper Type: Research Paper Major: Education and Information Technologies Writer/Author: Ram Gopal, Varsha Singh & Arun Aggarwal Year: 21 April 2021 University: Chitkara College of Hospitality Management, Chitkara University, Chandigarh, Punjab, India Degree: Masters Research Paper Link: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10639-021-10523-1
Online Learning Research Paper Example 2
Online learning research paper example 3, online learning research paper example 4.
Example of Research Paper For Online Learning 5
Research Title: Negative Impacts From the Shift to Online Learning During the COVID-19 Crisis: Evidence from a Statewide Community College System Paper Type: Research Paper Major: Education and Information Technologies Writer/Author: Kelli A. Bird, Benjamin L. Castleman, Gabrielle Lohner Year: January 2022 University: University of Virginia, University of California Research Paper Link: https://www.edworkingpapers.com/sites/default/files/ai20-299.pdf
Example of Research Paper For Online Learning 6
Research Title: Research on the Influence of Online Learning on Students’ Desire to Learn Paper Type: Research Paper Major: Education Writer/Author: Gengwei Shi Year: 2020 University: University of Glasgow Research Paper Link: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1742-6596/1693/1/012055/pdf
You can use these research articles as examples and cite them if you need to use the findings from these studies.
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your download is now in progress and you may close this window.
- Choose new content alerts to be informed about new research of interest to you
- Easy remote access to your institution's subscriptions on any device, from any location
- Save your searches and schedule alerts to send you new results
- Export your search results into a .csv file to support your research
Login or register to access this feature
Register now or learn more
Research Papers in Education
Start a new submission or continue a submission in progress
- Submission information
- Instructions for authors
- Editorial policies
- Editing services
- Editing services site
- About this journal
- Journal metrics
- Aims & scope
- Journal information
- Editorial board
- News & call for papers
- Advertising information
- Browse all articles & issues
- Latest articles
- All volumes & issues
- Special issues
- Open access articles
- Most read articles
- Most cited articles
- Keep up to date
- New content alerts
- Subscribe to this journal
- Subscription options & pricing
Ready to submit? Start a new submission or continue a submission in progress
- Aims and scope
Research Papers in Education has developed a reputation for publishing significant educational research findings of recent years. Up-to-date and authoritative, the journal has given researchers the opportunity to present full accounts of their work; its rationale, findings and conclusions in longer papers of 10-12,000 words. Its format now includes shorter papers and review articles. Research Papers in Education is not only a vital source of pertinent information for educational researchers, but also required reading for educational policy-makers and planners.
The journal publishes high quality articles in the fields of educational policy and practice, and research that links the two.
Topics covered in recent issues include:
- Performance related pay
- Schools’ use of value added data
- Polarization among schools
- The National Numeracy Project
- Examination standards
- Failing special schools
- Vocational education
- Children’s rights
- The gender gap in secondary schools
- Catholic education
- School development planning Special themed issues
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Making Teachers More Accountable
- How Schools Learn
- Gender and Education
- School Improvement and Effectiveness
- Innovation and Change: the Quality of Teaching and Learning
Peer Review Policy: All research articles submitted to this journal undergo a rigorous review process. This involves an initial review carried out by the Editor, or Associate Editors, which may lead to rejection at this point. If appropriate, it is then sent to two referees. The first referee, who receives an anonymised version of the submitted paper, is usually chosen from either the Editorial Board, the International Advisory Board, or the Reviewing Panel. Sometimes it is necessary to select someone as first referee not on the journal’s Boards or Reviewing Panel in order to ensure that the referee has appropriate expertise. The second referee, who also receives an anonymised version of the submitted paper, is usually not from the journal’s Boards or Reviewing Panel. The referees’ reports are considered by the Editor and the Deputy Editor, who seek further opinions on the paper if necessary.
" Research Papers in Education has established itself as the journal of choice for educational researchers, both as an outlet for our own research findings and a source of in-depth information about other projects". Geoff Whitty, Former Director, Institute of Education, University of London, UK
"The importance of Research Papers in Education is demonstrated in the clarity and originality of the journal's articles. Appropriateness of and relations between theory, research methods and practice outcomes are central issues. The international focus of this high quality journal stimulates many educational research agendas." Ton Mooij, ITS, Radboud University Nijmegen
“ Research Papers in Education has established itself as a well-respected international journal providing particular opportunities for the publication of the longer articles that may be needed to report significant findings of larger and more complex research projects.” Mary James, Associate Director of Research, University of Cambridge Faculty of Education
Authors can choose to publish gold open access in this journal.
Read the Instructions for Authors for information on how to submit your article.
- Open access
Explore the most recently published articles
Discover the latest open access articles
Browse the most read articles published in the last year
Explore the most cited articles published in the last 3 years
Discover articles trending on Altmetric in the last 3 months
- Recent issues
- Choosing a topic on education
- Computer science titles
- Development economics papers
- Writing a project in theology
Experienced paper writing service will complete your college term paper.
College paper writing are easy if you read online guides.
Research paper writing guide for college students.
List Of Great Research Paper Title Examples For College Students
The title of your research paper is critical because it decides the overall direction of your paper as well as helps you narrow down your search and experimentation. If you choose a catchy topic for your assignment, you have high chances of attracting your audience and impressing them because you have something new and important to discuss. Students often make a mistake of picking over dragged topics for their papers and lose all their impression. When the reader sees the title of your paper, he decides whether he wants to read your assignment or not. Be sure to choose a good paper title before you buy custom research paper online. It is important to choose an engaging and unique title for your paper that can hook your audience and inform other students about the new addition in the knowledge.
17% OFF on your first order Type the code 17TUDENT
If you are having a hard time choosing the right title for your research paper, then you should read different sources, explore new ideas, find potential gaps in the subject, highlight stuff from your textbook, and use the internet to get latest ideas. It is important that you address a recent issue in your paper that can be useful for other students in the same field. Here are some prompts to help you decide on a good topic for your research paper
Topics for research papers in college
- The top 20 fails of science fiction movies in 2010
- The revival of cinema after the Britain emperors
- The significance of civil war for the African Americans and average Americans
- The increasing issue of bullying in school and university campuses
- Why women are hesitant to report rape
- What causes domestic violence and how to control it
- Does the government or anybody else has a say in bad parenting
- How to eradicate poverty from our community
- Injustice breeds evil, give reasons to support your argument
- The impact of technology in genetic engineering
- The role of smartphones as all in one devices
- Social media addiction
- Limiting the consumption of junk foods in teens
- Obesity in kids of the developed economies
- Dairy products and how they should be used in a balance
- The production of horror movies since the last decade
- The human evolution
- What is the wormhole theory
- Big bang theory and before the big bang
- Intelligence- inherited or developed
- Will you write my paper for me? - Yes, we will.
What we offer:, let’s write a paper for you in no time, follow these 4 simple steps and solve you problem at once.
Provide details such as your topic, the number of pages, and extra requirements, and we’ll do a paper for you in no time!
Log in to your personal account to know the current status of your paper(s). You can also turn to our support team for the same purpose. Enjoy your life while we're working on your order.
As soon as we write the paper(s) for you, check it for correctness, and if everything is good to go, just download it and enjoy the results.
Our customers’ feedback
Still hesitant just look: others have already used our services and were pleased with the results.
Thank you guys for the amazing work! I got an A, and my professor was impressed. You have done the impossible, and I will never forget your help! The best service ever!
I ordered my paper two weeks ago and received it on time. The quality is very good, much better than other companies provide. My support agent is a pro, fast and simple explanations. Thanks!
I am firmly convinced that you will never disappoint me because you haven’t done it before. Amazing approaches and solutions at perfect prices! Please continue working the way you do!
I’ve been using WritePaperFor.me for about five months, and I have nothing to complain about. Excellent quality, perfect grammar, delivery on time, nice support team, pleasant prices, amazing results.
This service helped me focus on my job, and I will never forget the support I received. I’ve got a promotion in the end! Thanks a lot for everything you do for people like me!
I have to admit that searching for a reliable and professional service was a tough quest. Nevertheless, I am happy that I managed to find writepaperforme! Everything is much better than I expected!
The best bargain is just a few clicks away!
Get an original paper that doesn’t cost a fortune!
- 450 orders completed daily
- 86 disciplines of expertise
- 820+ professionals on our team
- 4.88/5 is the average order rating
Still have questions?
Contact our support agents and let them help you!
Is it time to write a paper for you? Contact us and relish the highest academic performance!
Our professionals will do their best!
You’ll write my paper for me, won’t you? We certainly will!
So tired of writing papers that you’re starting to think of your professor’s demise? Relax, we’re only joking! However, even a joke is woven with the thread of truth, and the truth is that endless assignments are constantly nagging at you and keeping you up all night long.
‘Writing my papers is unbearable!’ you may think But you’re not alone… What if we told you that we know a magical place where professionals can write your essays so perfectly that even professors’ most sophisticated requirements will be met? You’ve probably already guessed that we’re talking about WritePaperFor.me — the most delightful, facilitating, and destressing custom paper-writing service!
We are not going to be shy about our wish to see you as our steady customer. As a result, we aren’t twiddling our thumbs but permanently improving our services; we carefully select writers who always bone up on their subjects and disciplines, and we won’t rest unless you’ve gotten your ideal paper(s). All your wishes become our unshakable rules!
Why would I ask you to write paper for me?
Despite the obvious and even natural resistance to the idea of paper writing in principle that may occur with any student, you may also ask yourself, ‘Why would I need you to help me write my paper?’ The answer to this question lies in the spectrum of your routine actions. It’s not surprising that studying becomes part of our lives, but sometimes we’ve just got too much going on!
When you write an essay or academic paper, you just do one of the numerous things you face daily or weekly. This part of your life consumes lots of energy and time, so how can you possibly get around to doing other things like having fun, working, playing sports, helping relatives, and spending time with friends?
People are social creatures, and it’s only natural of us to request help from experts.. That’s why we ask doctors, electricians, or plumbers to help us! They’re all specialists. Who writes essays for you better than you do? Right, people who write numerous essays every day. We are experts in academic writing, aimed at satisfying all your needs related to education.
You just hire a professional to get a paper written, like you normally do in other situations. Our team of writers know everything about writing your paper and can cope with assignments of any complexity and academic level. Well-researched and expertly-written papers are what we do for our customers, and we always do our work professionally so that you could kick back and enjoy your life to the fullest.
The undeniable benefits of our custom paper-writing service
Apart from a paper written in accordance with the highest standards, we provide a wide range of contributory advantages to make your life easier. Let’s take a closer look at them.
Round-the-Clock Support. Our paper-writing service works day and night to help you with all current issues. Our friendly support team is available whenever you need them, even if it’s the middle of the night. They will gladly guide you and answer all your questions on how to order customized papers or consult you about the matters at hand. Feel free to share your questions or concerns with them and get comprehensible answers.
High-Class Quality. ‘Will you write a paper for me that meets all requirements?’ This question is frequently asked by many students, and we always answer in the affirmative. Our main goal is to deliver a perfectly written paper the meets the highest possible writing standards. We don’t rest unless you are satisfied with our work. If you hire a paper writer online, we guarantee you that you get 100% original and plagiarism-free assignments of high quality.
Complete Anonymity. We value your privacy and use modern encryption systems to protect you online. We don’t collect any personal or payment details and provide all our customers with 100% anonymity. ‘Can you write a paper for me and let me stay anonymous?’ Of course, we can! We are here to help you, not to cause problems.
Fast Delivery. We completely understand how strict deadlines may be when it comes to writing your paper. Even if your paper is due tomorrow morning, you can always rely on us. Our writers meet all set deadlines unequivocally. This rule is ironclad! The offered range is wide and starts from 6 hours to 2 weeks. Which one to choose is totally up to you. On our part, we guarantee that our writers will deliver your order on time.
Free Revisions. Our mission is to hone your paper to perfection. That’s why we offer you free revisions to make everything ideal and according to your needs. Feel free to ask for revisions if there is something you would like to be changed. That’s how our paper writing service works.
Money-Back Guarantee. You can get up to a 100% refund if you are dissatisfied with our work. Nevertheless, we are completely sure of our writers’ professionalism and credibility that offer you hard-core loyalty to our guarantees.
Comprehensible Explanations. ‘Can someone write my paper for me and provide clarifications?’ This question arises from time to time. Naturally, we want you to be totally prepared for the upcoming battle with your professor. If you need to fill the gaps in your knowledge, you can always ask for clarifications related to your paper. Moreover, when you order ‘write my paper for me’ service, you can always turn to our support agents for assistance. They will be glad to provide you with the necessary information and comprehensible explanations.
Fast and Customer-Focused Solutions. ‘Is it possible to do my paper for me so that I don’t worry about it at all?’ It certainly is! We offer all-encompassing solutions to all your academic problems by defining issues, determining their causes, selecting proper alternatives, and ultimately solving them. You are free to do your favorite activities while we are taking care of ongoing matters. You can always rely on us when it comes to essay-writing online and taking an individual approach to every case.
Who will write my paper when I order it?
Another crucial advantage of our service is our writers. You may have asked yourself, ‘I’d like to pay someone to write a paper for me, but who exactly will that person be?’ Once you order a paper, our managers will choose the best writer based on your requirements. You’ll get a writer who is a true expert in the relevant subject, and a perfect fit is certain to be found due to our thorough procedure of selecting.
Every applicant passes a complex procedure of tests to become one of our permanent writers. First of all, they should provide their credentials. We need to make sure that any prospective writers we hire have the proper experience.. The next step resides in passing a series of tests related to grammar, in addition to subject and/or discipline. Every paper-writer must pass them to prove their competency and their selected field of expertise.
One more step includes writing a sample to prove the ability to research and write consistently. Moreover, we always set our heart on hiring only devoted writers. When you ask us to write your essay or other academic works, you can be sure that they always do their best to provide you with well-structured and properly-written papers of high quality.
The final chord is related to special aspects of academic paper-writing. It means that every writer is prepared to cite properly, use different styles, and so on, so you don’t have to be worried about formatting at all.
‘So, can they write an ideal paper for me?’ We answer in the affirmative because we select only the best writers for our customers. Approximately 11% of all applicants can pass the whole set of tests and are ready to help you. All writers are fully compensated for their work and are highly motivated to provide you with the best results.
We are online 24/7 so that you could monitor the process of paper-writing and contact us whenever necessary. Don’t forget that your satisfaction is our priority. Our writers fully focus on your order when it comes to the ‘write my paper’ procedure. Our managers will immediately send all the information to your writer if any corrections are required.
It’s time to write my paper! What should I do?
‘I am ready to pay to have a paper written! Where do I start?’ Our team hears these words every day. We really believe that every student should be happy. That’s why we offer you to look at the simple steps to make the process even more convenient.
- Fill in the comprehensible order form located on the main page of our website. If you need some help with it, feel free to contact our support team.
- Provide the necessary details, such as the topic, subject or discipline, paper format, your academic level, etc.
- Select the deadline, and we will strictly follow it.
- Pay the total price. Submit a preferred payment method. The full sum will be deposited into your account on our website. The money will be transferred to your writer in case you approve the paper.
- If you have additional materials provided by your professor or may simply assist in writing your paper, please attach them too. They will help the assigned writer meet your professor’s expectations.
Every paper we can write for you is expertly-researched, well-structured, and consistent. Take a look at some types of papers we can help you with:
- Research papers
- Case studies
- Term papers
- Business plans, etc.
Questions like ‘I would like you to write a paper for me without destroying my reputation. Can you promise to do so?’ or ‘Can you write my paper for me cheap and fast?’ often arise, and we take pride that these options are included in the list. Your safety and anonymity are parts of our common priority, which is to make you fully satisfied with all offered services.
Moreover, our pricing policy is flexible and allows you to select the options that totally suit your needs at affordable prices. You will be pleased with the results and the amount of money spent on your order. Our managers and writers will do the rest according to the highest standards.
Don’t hesitate and hire a writer to work on your paper now!
We believe that students know what is best for them, and if you suppose that it is time to ‘write my paper right now,’ we will help you handle it. ‘Will you do my paper without any hesitation?’ Of course, we will. Our service has all the necessary prerequisites to complete assignments regardless of their difficulty, academic level, or the number of pages. We choose a writer who has vast experience and a breadth of knowledge related to your topic.
Our ‘write my paper for me’ service offers a wide range of extra features to make the ordering process even more pleasant and convenient. Unlike lots of other services, we provide formatting, bibliography, amendments, and a title page for free.
‘When you write my paper for me? Can I monitor the process?’ Naturally, you can. We understand that you may want to ensure that everything is going well. Furthermore, there may be situations when some corrections are needed. We believe that a tool like this can come in handy. The assigned writer will strictly follow your and your professor’s requirements to make sure that your paper is perfect.
‘Is it possible to write my essay from scratch?’ We don’t do just proofreading or editing. Our goal is to fully carry your burden of writing. When this or similar questions appear, we always assure our customers that our writers can do whatever they need. Apart from writing from scratch or editing and proofreading, our experts can effortlessly cope with problem-solving of all kinds;even sophisticated software assignments!
Our ‘write my paper for me’ service is good for everyone who wants to delegate paper-writing to professionals and save precious time that can be spent differently and in a more practical way. We want you to be happy by offering the great opportunity to forget about endless and boring assignments once and forever. You won’t miss anything if your papers become the concern of our professional writers.
Don’t waste your precious time browsing other services. We provide you with everything you need while you are enjoying yourself by doing things you really enjoy. ‘Write my paper then! Do my paper for me right now!’ If you are ready to exclaim these words with delight, we welcome you to our haven, a place where students spend their time serenely and never worry about papers! It’s your turn to have fun, whereas our mission is to provide you with the best papers delivered on time!
Questions our customers ask
Can someone write my paper for me.
Yes, we can. We have writers ready to cope with papers of any complexity. Just contact our specialists and let us help you.
Who can I pay to write a paper for me?
We will help you select a writer according to your needs. As soon as you hire our specialist, you’ll see a significant improvement in your grades.
Can I pay someone to write a paper for me?
Yes, you can. We have lots of professionals to choose from. We employ only well-qualified experts with vast experience in academic paper writing.
What website will write a paper for me?
WritePaperFor.me is the website you need. We offer a wide range of services to cover all your needs. Just place an order and provide instructions, and we will write a perfect paper for you.
Is it safe to use your paper writing service?
Our service is completely safe and anonymous. We don’t keep your personal and payment details and use the latest encryption systems to protect you.
What are you waiting for?
You are a couple of clicks away from tranquility at an affordable price!
- USC Libraries
- Research Guides
Organizing Your Social Sciences Research Paper
- Choosing a Title
- Purpose of Guide
- Design Flaws to Avoid
- Independent and Dependent Variables
- Glossary of Research Terms
- Reading Research Effectively
- Narrowing a Topic Idea
- Broadening a Topic Idea
- Extending the Timeliness of a Topic Idea
- Academic Writing Style
- Making an Outline
- Paragraph Development
- Research Process Video Series
- Executive Summary
- The C.A.R.S. Model
- Background Information
- The Research Problem/Question
- Theoretical Framework
- Citation Tracking
- Content Alert Services
- Evaluating Sources
- Primary Sources
- Secondary Sources
- Tiertiary Sources
- Scholarly vs. Popular Publications
- Qualitative Methods
- Quantitative Methods
- Using Non-Textual Elements
- Limitations of the Study
- Common Grammar Mistakes
- Writing Concisely
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Footnotes or Endnotes?
- Further Readings
The title summarizes the main idea or ideas of your study. A good title contains the fewest possible words needed to adequately describe the content and/or purpose of your research paper.
Importance of Choosing a Good Title
The title is the part of a paper that is read the most, and it is usually read first . It is, therefore, the most important element that defines the research study. With this in mind, avoid the following when creating a title:
- If the title is too long, this usually indicates there are too many unnecessary words. Avoid language, such as, "A Study to Investigate the...," or "An Examination of the...." These phrases are obvious and generally superfluous unless they are necessary to covey the scope, intent, or type of a study.
- On the other hand, a title which is too short often uses words which are too broad and, thus, does not tell the reader what is being studied. For example, a paper with the title, "African Politics" is so non-specific the title could be the title of a book and so ambiguous that it could refer to anything associated with politics in Africa. A good title should provide information about the focus and/or scope of your research study.
- In academic writing, catchy phrases or non-specific language may be used, but only if it's within the context of the study [e.g., "Fair and Impartial Jury--Catch as Catch Can"]. However, in most cases, you should avoid including words or phrases that do not help the reader understand the purpose of your paper.
- Academic writing is a serious and deliberate endeavor. Avoid using humorous or clever journalistic styles of phrasing when creating the title to your paper. Journalistic headlines often use emotional adjectives [e.g., incredible, amazing, effortless] to highlight a problem experienced by the reader or use "trigger words" or interrogative words like how, what, when, or why to persuade people to read the article or click on a link. These approaches are viewed as counter-productive in academic writing. A reader does not need clever or humorous titles to catch their attention because the act of reading research is assumed to be deliberate based on a desire to learn and improve understanding of the problem. In addition, a humorous title can merely detract from the seriousness and authority of your research.
- Unlike everywhere else in a college-level social sciences research paper [except when using direct quotes in the text], titles do not have to adhere to rigid grammatical or stylistic standards. For example, it could be appropriate to begin a title with a coordinating conjunction [i.e., and, but, or, nor, for, so, yet] if it makes sense to do so and does not detract from the purpose of the study [e.g., "Yet Another Look at Mutual Fund Tournaments"] or beginning the title with an inflected form of a verb such as those ending in -ing [e.g., "Assessing the Political Landscape: Structure, Cognition, and Power in Organizations"].
Hartley James. “To Attract or to Inform: What are Titles for?” Journal of Technical Writing and Communication 35 (2005): 203-213; Jaakkola, Maarit. “Journalistic Writing and Style.” In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Communication . Jon F. Nussbaum, editor. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2018): https://oxfordre.com/communication.
Structure and Writing Style
The following parameters can be used to help you formulate a suitable research paper title:
- The purpose of the research
- The scope of the research
- The narrative tone of the paper [typically defined by the type of the research]
- The methods used to study the problem
The initial aim of a title is to capture the reader’s attention and to highlight the research problem under investigation.
Create a Working Title Typically, the final title you submit to your professor is created after the research is complete so that the title accurately captures what has been done . The working title should be developed early in the research process because it can help anchor the focus of the study in much the same way the research problem does. Referring back to the working title can help you reorient yourself back to the main purpose of the study if you find yourself drifting off on a tangent while writing. The Final Title Effective titles in research papers have several characteristics that reflect general principles of academic writing.
- Indicate accurately the subject and scope of the study,
- Rarely use abbreviations or acronyms unless they are commonly known,
- Use words that create a positive impression and stimulate reader interest,
- Use current nomenclature from the field of study,
- Identify key variables, both dependent and independent,
- Reveal how the paper will be organized,
- Suggest a relationship between variables which supports the major hypothesis,
- Is limited to 5 to 15 substantive words,
- Does not include redundant phrasing, such as, "A Study of," "An Analysis of" or similar constructions,
- Takes the form of a question or declarative statement,
- If you use a quote as part of the title, the source of the quote is cited [usually using an asterisk and footnote],
- Use correct grammar and capitalization with all first words and last words capitalized, including the first word of a subtitle. All nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs that appear between the first and last words of the title are also capitalized, and
- Rarely uses an exclamation mark at the end of the title.
The Subtitle Subtitles are frequently used in social sciences research papers because it helps the reader understand the scope of the study in relation to how it was designed to address the research problem. Think about what type of subtitle listed below reflects the overall approach to your study and whether you believe a subtitle is needed to emphasize the investigative parameters of your research.
1. Explains or provides additional context , e.g., "Linguistic Ethnography and the Study of Welfare Institutions as a Flow of Social Practices: The Case of Residential Child Care Institutions as Paradoxical Institutions." [Palomares, Manuel and David Poveda. Text & Talk: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Language, Discourse and Communication Studies 30 (January 2010): 193-212]
2. Adds substance to a literary, provocative, or imaginative title or quote , e.g., "Listen to What I Say, Not How I Vote": Congressional Support for the President in Washington and at Home." [Grose, Christian R. and Keesha M. Middlemass. Social Science Quarterly 91 (March 2010): 143-167]
3. Qualifies the geographic scope of the research , e.g., "The Geopolitics of the Eastern Border of the European Union: The Case of Romania-Moldova-Ukraine." [Marcu, Silvia. Geopolitics 14 (August 2009): 409-432]
4. Qualifies the temporal scope of the research , e.g., "A Comparison of the Progressive Era and the Depression Years: Societal Influences on Predictions of the Future of the Library, 1895-1940." [Grossman, Hal B. Libraries & the Cultural Record 46 (2011): 102-128]
5. Focuses on investigating the ideas, theories, or work of a particular individual , e.g., "A Deliberative Conception of Politics: How Francesco Saverio Merlino Related Anarchy and Democracy." [La Torre, Massimo. Sociologia del Diritto 28 (January 2001): 75 - 98]
6. Identifies the methodology used , e.g. "Student Activism of the 1960s Revisited: A Multivariate Analysis Research Note." [Aron, William S. Social Forces 52 (March 1974): 408-414]
7. Defines the overarching technique for analyzing the research problem , e.g., "Explaining Territorial Change in Federal Democracies: A Comparative Historical Institutionalist Approach." [ Tillin, Louise. Political Studies 63 (August 2015): 626-641.
With these examples in mind, think about what type of subtitle reflects the overall approach to your study. This will help the reader understand the scope of the study in relation to how it was designed to address the research problem.
Anstey, A. “Writing Style: What's in a Title?” British Journal of Dermatology 170 (May 2014): 1003-1004; Balch, Tucker. How to Compose a Title for Your Research Paper. Augmented Trader blog. School of Interactive Computing, Georgia Tech University; Choosing the Proper Research Paper Titles. AplusReports.com, 2007-2012; Eva, Kevin W. “Titles, Abstracts, and Authors.” In How to Write a Paper . George M. Hall, editor. 5th edition. (Oxford: John Wiley and Sons, 2013), pp. 33-41; Hartley James. “To Attract or to Inform: What are Titles for?” Journal of Technical Writing and Communication 35 (2005): 203-213; General Format. The Writing Lab and The OWL. Purdue University; Kerkut G.A. “Choosing a Title for a Paper.” Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A: Physiology 74 (1983): 1; “Tempting Titles.” In Stylish Academic Writing . Helen Sword, editor. (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2012), pp. 63-75.
- << Previous: Academic Writing Style
- Next: Making an Outline >>
- Last Updated: Feb 16, 2023 1:36 PM
- URL: https://libguides.usc.edu/writingguide
193 Education Research Topics & Titles for an Education Essay 14 min Updated: February 23rd, 2023 Print 193 Education Research Topics & Ideas (137 votes) Developing healthcare, engineering, and IT is undoubtedly useful. However, the professionals in these areas do not grow on their own.
Below are some sample research titles in education, relating to school issues. Learning English in bilingual schools A study of teachers' role as parent figures on school grounds Addressing the increased use of illegal substances and their effects in schools The benefits of after-class activities for foreign students
Exploring the effectiveness of clinical simulations to develop student teachers' parent-teacher communication competence. Karen De Coninck, Karolien Keppens, Martin Valcke, Heidelinde Dehaene, Jan De Neve & Ruben Vanderlinde. Pages: 69-101. Published online: 23 Aug 2021.
Examples of Research Title on Art and Culture Investigate the importance or lack of importance of art in primary or secondary education. You can also recommend whether or not it should be included in the curriculum and why. Tip: You can write on this possible research title based on your experiences, whether positive or negative.
Here is a research topic on education set of ideas to consider: The role of video games in childhood studying. The improvement of cognitive qualities through play. Group studying versus personalized approach. Online learning versus classroom instruction. The benefits of Waldorf schools. The pros and cons of smaller classes.
Great Education Research Paper Topics How does bullying affect the education performance of the students? Consequences of academic dishonesty. Is it possible to set a global education standard? Should school uniforms be maintained in schools or should they be abandoned? Practical versus theoretical education
40 Great Education Research Paper Topics Studying how to study is always a tricky thing. But it's also a vast field for suggesting something new and revolutionary. Psychology and pedagogical studies go further and deeper, we understand more about human nature and their drive to learn literally every year.
Medical Research Topics (Dentistry, Nursing, Psychology) Business (marketing, economics, and finance) Science and Technology (Computer Science, Math, Statistics) Social Sciences (Social Work, Political Science, Sociology) Other Great Research Paper Topics: Technology Religion Social Media Music Education Health Social issues Environment
What is a Good Research Paper Topic? Features that tend to characterize good research questions are as follows: specific and concrete - investigation goals and (expected results) have to be clear and focused original - investigating aspects/ entities/ relationships that have not been researched before
Another way of choosing the best research paper topic is based on the subject, whether you are a college or high school student. Whether it is on biology, physics, science, literature, history, or psychology, this approach works at all levels of education. Research Paper Topics on Technology Cybersecurity: Can we really be safe?
General Education. One of the hardest parts of writing a research paper can be just finding a good topic to write about. Fortunately we've done the hard work for you and have compiled a list of 113 interesting research paper topics. They've been organized into ten categories and cover a wide range of subjects so you can easily find the best ...
PhD Research Topics in Educational Technology This area of study focuses on the combined use of computer hardware, software, and educational theory and practice to facilitate learning. It's a fast-growing subject among PhD students. Here are some great educational technology research topics for you to consider:
Entice the reader. Find a way to pique your readers' interest, give them enough information to keep them reading. Incorporate important keywords. Consider what about your article will be most interesting to your audience: Most readers come to an article from a search engine, so take some time and include the important ones in your title ...
Title 3 is somewhat catchier but gives almost no information at all about the article. Title 4 begins with a catchy main title and is followed by a subtitle that gives information about the content and method of the study. As we will see, Title 4 has all the characteristics of a good research title. Characteristics of a Good Research Title
Make it clear and concise avoiding insignificant words. Ensure that the number of words doesn't exceed 15 maximum. Make it narrow specifying your target audience. For example, "How to write an A-grade essay: Guide for college students.". Give preference to active verbs rather than the number of nouns.
Research Title: Students' Perceptions towards the Quality of Online Education: A Qualitative Approach Paper Type: Research Paper Major: Education and Information Technologies Writer/Author: Yi Yang Year: 21 April 2021 University: Mississippi State University Research Paper Link: https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED485012.pdf
Research Papers in Education is not only a vital source of pertinent information for educational researchers, but also required reading for educational policy-makers and planners. The journal publishes high quality articles in the fields of educational policy and practice, and research that links the two. Topics covered in recent issues include:
20 Excellent Research Paper Title Examples For College Writing Ideas Choosing a topic on education Computer science titles Development economics papers Writing a project in theology Writing services Experienced paper writing service will complete your college term paper. Writing guides College paper writing are easy if you read online guides.
Research in Education provides a space for fully peer-reviewed, critical, trans-disciplinary, debates on theory, policy and practice in relation to Education. International in scope, we publish challenging, well-written and theoretically innovative contributions that question and explore the concept, practice and institution of Education as an object of study.
Best Title For Research Paper About Education, Jackie Robinson Scholarship Essay, Sample Essay On Police Accountability In Community Policing., Resume Help Davis Ca, Title Page For Research Paper Apa, Using Ps In Cover Letter, Migrant Mother Essay
A good title should provide information about the focus and/or scope of your research study. In academic writing, catchy phrases or non-specific language may be used, but only if it's within the context of the study [e.g., "Fair and Impartial Jury--Catch as Catch Can"].
There was an improvement in the cognitive function of patients. STEP 2. Use your answers to list key words. X therapy. Randomized trial. Dementia. 6 Japanese cities. 40 cases. Improved cognitive function.